(Topic ID: 253036)

Will MMr be returning with a large screen?

By Vino

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Enhanced MMr with larger screen etc?”

• Duke of Bourbon says ...yes!! *hic* 27 votes
    69%
  • No way Tina Fey (other reason) 12 votes
    31%

(39 votes)

#1 4 years ago

How do enthusiasts feel about it among other choices out there today? Most likely will have other accruements (RGB etc).

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

How do enthusiasts feel about it among other choices out there today?

Where did CGC announce this ?

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing official yet Lloyd but curious what the pulse may be for it.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Special K talked about it in a podcast.

#5 4 years ago

I think Golden Grahams did too

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, then it must be real.

#7 4 years ago

Isn't there someway to just wire it up to a 70 inch flatscreen you can mount on the wall above the game?

Certainly you will be able to see the animations then.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well, then it must be real.

Spewing on about SLE MMR. Basing it on the overpriced Elvira SLE crap Stern was life-branding.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Isn't there someway to just wire it up to a 70 inch flatscreen you can mount on the wall above the game?
Certainly you will be able to see the animations then.

Not without reading glasses.

#10 4 years ago

Sorry didn't realize this topic was already podcast fodder. I do like the tv idea, probably much cheaper too.

#11 4 years ago

I’m hearing yes and a topper , needs updated lighting

#12 4 years ago

A few months ago CGC said that they would NOT have the larger screen on the MMr. Of course things can change and maybe it will be available as an add on to previously built games and optional on the new run that should be built 4th quarter 2019

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

A few months ago CGC said that they would NOT have the larger screen on the MMr. Of course things can change and maybe it will be available as an add on to previously built games and optional on the new run that should be built 4th quarter 2019

When they say there will NOT be this or that. You can bet you wallet they are testing it and it will probably be out. IIRC the conversation was about the next run of MMR's coming end of this year. (Keep that in mind) when they said they would not have a larger screen on games coming out. Sounds like one more run for 2019 with regular DMD and would guess 2020 will be the year they reveal the XL DMD. I have no real info other then what would make sense.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

How do enthusiasts feel about it among other choices out there today? Most likely will have other accruements (RGB etc).

Quoted from Vino:

Sorry didn't realize this topic was already podcast fodder. I do like the tv idea, probably much cheaper too.

Yeah...

I'll post what CGC Ryan said on the Flip 'n Out stream from (9/30):
* There are still MBr LE's with distributors available for purchase. They have nothing left to sell to any dealers. Dealers who have them, have them. CGC has 'very few left to produce, so talk to dealers. Dealers have ways to come up with the LE's.'
* MMr is coming back in the Q4, 'sometime between now and Christmas we plan on putting some more MMR's out there' of 2019.
* They've done two MMr runs to date. They first did 1000 MMrLE units and then they did 1000 MMr standard units right on its tail.
* On MMr XL DMD: 'If you want to play it, go to Logan Arcade. That's where the prototype is. I can't discuss whether its coming or not, but we will say it like this, it is beautiful on the game...either way you can get the HD graphics on the smaller 4:3 display.'

The MMr XL DMD (with a new topper) is happening and I’d expect it to be announced at Expo next week.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Yeah...
I'll post what CGC Ryan said on the Flip 'n Out stream from (9/30):
* There are still MBr LE's with distributors available for purchase. They have nothing left to sell to any dealers. Dealers who have them, have them. CGC has 'very few left to produce, so talk to dealers. Dealers have ways to come up with the LE's.'
* MMr is coming back in the Q4, 'sometime between now and Christmas we plan on putting some more MMR's out there' of 2019.
* They've done two MMr runs to date. They first did 1000 MMrLE units and then they did 1000 MMr standard units right on its tail.
* On MMr XL DMD: 'If you want to play it, go to Logan Arcade. That's where the prototype is. I can't discuss whether its coming or not, but we will say it like this, it is beautiful on the game...either way you can get the HD graphics on the smaller 4:3 display.'
The MMr XL DMD (with a new topper) is happening and I’d expect it to be announced at Expo next week.

Def happening.

#16 4 years ago

Looking forward to the announcement. Just interested in seeing the price. The prices are already at my limit.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Def happening.

As an upgrade, new model or both?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

As an upgrade, new model or both?

upgrade

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Nothing official yet Lloyd but curious what the pulse may be for it.

Does a flat line count as a pulse?

Quoted from underlord:

Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I think Golden Grahams did too

Cool.

Imagine wasting time listening to a pinball podcast full of made-up shit.

#20 4 years ago

I wish I could get MMR base model for $6500 like you can get AFMR or MBR. I’m probably going to try to get a NIB this year but 8k is just too much.

#21 4 years ago

I think it would be a nice surprise if they put the larger screen on MMr LE #1 for the JDRF auction

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I wish I could get MMR base model for $6500 like you can get AFMR or MBR

Base AFMr and MBr are actually $6000

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 26.50
$ 64.99
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-with-a-large-screen-?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.