Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160228_125240_(resized).jpg
20160228_124945_(resized).jpg
20160228_124924_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
spray_painting_300x2001_(resized).jpg
mmr_lighing_(resized).jpg
snatchers_(resized).jpg
Medieval_Madness_Insert_Decals_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160131_090646_(resized).jpg

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

So whats your take ? Which game is this ?

#102 3 years ago

Can anyone list your LE #'s that have this insert problem

Thanks

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Who knows? You didn't even turn it on lol... I'm not sure you understand the issue. Even some of the new bad batch may look fine turned off. Hence the CG "dimming solution". I went and checked the one I bought 20 years ago (poor thing never left the same spot in my
living room) and even with the LED's the fonts are jet black. Like every other machine I have.

If your new one has jet black fonts even with the LED's ON then congratz! - you got one of the good ones.

But I'm not sure how that helps people who have posted pics of the obviously faded inserts they got with their 8K? Unless I'm confused here (which is quite possible).

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Whichever it was the shaker motor must have been running really hard because your pictures are blurry.

#106 3 years ago

^How do they blame the LED's when the issue of unreadable text is only on a limited number of the games?????

#107 3 years ago

Nice "Quite frankly this became an overreaction of these online forums" line.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Well if they said it must be true.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have to say I have never witnessed a business model quite like this. Buying one of their games seems to be along the lines of joining a fraternity in Animal House.... "Thank you sir! May I have another??"

Rick is already beginning to grease the rails for remake #2 on his forums, and there is talk of taking orders for it soon. He calls it "orders" and not "pre-orders", but in fairness if the game isn't ready to ship (and isn't going to be within 30 days) that is another promise out the door. "No more pre-orders on the next title..."

#110 3 years ago

It appears you got what you paid for when purchasing your Limited Edition.

Some of the playfields have a limited amount of black ink.

CG has a limited amount of decent customer service.

In order to read your inserts, you'll need to limit the brightness of the LEDs.

And they are limited on the number of games they can produce a month.

Looks like CG is limited in intelligence, as well.

Good luck to all that are affected.

#111 3 years ago

Also limited in coin mech stock (zero).

#112 3 years ago

Limited number of overseas power cords as well (zero)....

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I wonder if that line would work when visa hears that during a chargeback claim. Don't think it would fly.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I read that and really wonder why they put that in there, what exactly is that supposed to accomplish other than pissing off some more potential customers? Surely they aren't trying to convince their distributors that there really isn't a problem with such a statement. Fix or no fix the first question anyone is ever going to ask about buying a used MMR in the future is about the ink on those inserts, and the "concerned" owners that have them will take the hit in resale value.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I read that and really wonder why they put that in there, what exactly is that supposed to accomplish other than pissing off some more potential customers? Surely they aren't trying to convince their distributors that there really isn't a problem with such a statement. Fix or no fix the first question anyone is ever going to ask about buying a used MMR in the future is about the ink on those inserts, and the "concerned" owners that have them will take the hit in resale value.

It's totally amateur hour. Not sure what it accomplishes. You are acknowledging there's a problem. But you are saying it isn't a big deal. And then you are offering a solution even though it's not a big deal. And at the same time saying people who are complaining are "quite frankly" idiots.

I get that this is pinball, not Wal-Mart, and the customer isn't always right. But would it kill these people to even attempt to act like professionals?

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But would it kill these people to even attempt to act like professionals?

They act like they sold these games at a loss, and are desperately trying to keep the meager profit they have earned. Are they forgetting the $8000 price tag?

I wonder how these guys would fare selling something that wasn't designed by another (better) company where there is already pent up demand. Like if they sold their own original design game. Oh wait, they did already 10 years ago.

Just watch, they will offer some additional bobble with the next title and folks will bombard them again with rolled up wads of hundreds, and then wait 6 or more months before their game is delivered...

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

and then wait 6 or more months before their game is delivered..

6 months? That's fast! Where do I send my money?

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

6 months? That's fast! Where do I send my money?

me too. take my money ....

#119 3 years ago

I have a quick question for you guys. I am about to purchase a MMR Gold with a number in the high 600s. Do you think that machine will be affected by the playfield or insert issues? Do we know what number the bad playfield and the insert issues started showing up? Thank you for your time.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from TimeForNostalgia:

I have a quick question for you guys. I am about to purchase a MMR Gold with a number in the high 600s. Do you think that machine will be affected by the playfield or insert issues? Do we know what number the bad playfield and the insert issues started showing up? Thank you for your time.

I think it's based on manufacture dates instead of LE #.

But, it may be the "complete playfield with art" dates that matter most. And, I don't think those are published. So overall pin manufacture date might be our best guess ?

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

So overall pin manufacture date might be our best guess ?

That's right. You gonna wanna make sure it's fresh.

1 month later
#122 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's totally amateur hour. Not sure what it accomplishes. You are acknowledging there's a problem. But you are saying it isn't a big deal. And then you are offering a solution even though it's not a big deal. And at the same time saying people who are complaining are "quite frankly" idiots.
I get that this is pinball, not Wal-Mart, and the customer isn't always right. But would it kill these people to even attempt to act like professionals?

Its a shitshow.Original MM prices are creeping back up as a result.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Thinking of selling yours?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Thinking of selling yours?

Jackofdiamonds ain't the MM-selling type.

2 weeks later
#125 3 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

What a nonsense.

1 month later
#126 3 years ago

Not sure the context but here's a (second hand) report that someone got CGC to send them a new playfield:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-are-you-serious/page/15#post-3204454

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside