MMr vs GoT

By daveispinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Well that's what I'm contemplating. I'm a super fan of GoT. Read the books. Watch the show as an 'event' on Sunday's. Had huge hopes for it... and maybe those expectations were just too high. Put that against a MMr, #1 game per pinside and I think a top 5 for me to. So if you're going to spend $8,000 on a game... go with a top game or unproven, but superfan game?

Now, if anyone is willing to sell me their position for Rob Zombie, I'd be so grateful

#2 8 years ago

No one knows which game is better until the final code for GOT comes out.

So no one can answer your question for at least a year.

#3 8 years ago

I think you are a little early with your question. Medieval Madness is a field proven pin, but very few have played GoT so it's really difficult to compare the two.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I think you are a little early with your question. Medieval Madness is a field proven pin, but very few have played GoT so it's really difficult to compare the two.

So take it at face value... last 4 sterns vs #1 game on pinside. Non licensed game vs licensed. Printed artwork vs mug shots of actors.

Each gamer is different. I was reading a lot of peoples thoughts on GoT. When I play my Tron the ruleset and play mean so much to me. However, when I play my AC DC, I'm just rocking out and bashing... getting lost in the moment to not have a care in the world. Not sure what GoT position will be (flow or no flow) at this point but I'm going to pull the trigger on one in the nearterm so I'm not going to wait for the test of time.

NIB is always a leap of faith.

#5 8 years ago

MMr

#6 8 years ago

I'm also a fan of GoT and went through the same thought process as you, and like you didn't want to wait. My choice was MMr. I've had it for over a month and am thrilled with the game so far.

#7 8 years ago

I feel like GoT does not reflect the show very well. As a GoT fan myself with a pin slot and cash available, I'm passing on it.

MMR is a solid choice.

#8 8 years ago

I assume you are talking about GoT LE if you are talking about $8000 machines - you might want to clarify. I suspect you would get a very different answer if you compared MMr to GoT Pro.

#9 8 years ago

Get an original MM, get a PinSound board, replace sounds/music with clips from GoT. Best of both worlds

#10 8 years ago

I'm in this camp, too. GOT Premium or Medieval.

I think I'd rather have a Medieval, but I don't think it's a great time to buy one. In a year or two there should be a lot more MMRs floating around and for less money. Original MMs will likely be trading for less as well.

It looks like I have my answer. Get GOT, or not. Get MM later.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Get an original MM, get a PinSound board, replace sounds/music with clips from GoT. Best of both worlds

Haha Ryan. Good one.

How's the TMNT doing?

#12 8 years ago

Theme takes a backseat to gameplay. Play GoT to see if it's better than MM assuming you have played that.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Haha Ryan. Good one.
How's the TMNT doing?

I know it's a crazy idea But I'm adding new sounds to my MM, granted its not GoT related but more of the corny humor kind of stuff.

TMNT is finally in the basement and fully working as of a few days ago. My 2 year old played it for all of 3 minutes until she stepped down and said "I don't like this one daddy" and started a game on Tron. Ahh kids

To answer your original question I'd try to wait and give GoT a try. Hopefully it plays well. But nothing with a DMD will ever top MM in my opinion.

#14 8 years ago

I would wait to play GoT and for more mature code. Both will be available down the road.

#15 8 years ago

MMR is a great pinball machine. GOT is an uncoded shell of a game. No comparison really.

#16 8 years ago

Too early to tell, but I think the odds of GoT ending up being a better game than MMR (or even close) is pretty slim.

Medieval Madness has just about everything right and will remain timeless. I doubt anyone will say the same about GoT in a few years.

#17 8 years ago

Does MMr have an old school extra game knocker?

#18 8 years ago

Game of thrones all the way. The public has spoken.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

Does MMr have an old school extra game knocker?

Yes...

Just picked up my MMr yesterday.

Very nicely built machine...Though the wait was difficult, it was worth it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-vs-got and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.