8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 8 years ago

Well I think your username says it all - Rokablly - it must be creature or otherwise you should have named yourself Kingofpain

But seriously, I think you can't go wrong on both. Not to compare... both great machines, I have a Creature, no MM, but I played MM a lot. MM is really different with the toys (castle, trolls, dragon) and multiball modes, Creature is a more nostalgic pinball, just a lot of ramps and shots. No bashtoys, just shots to be made.

If you only have limited place and cash consider this:
MM is a fun machine but pricewise very hard to get for the price a nice Creature goes. In that way I think Creature is a grow diamond. There will be more MM's on the market within time as MMR can still be bought. There will be no more Creatures, some may get a second life and be restored and saved from the trash, but the amount is Creatures is fixed.

2 weeks later
#60 8 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

If I were you, I would get that deposit back UNTIL you see how the code is. Don't get hosed like so many others do, wait until it's finished before buying, that 2 year wait for finished code is not going to be fun. There is zero reason to order a premium now, they're not going to run out of them, wait until it's out and you've possibly played it.

Agree, finally someone talking sense, if you are not in for an LE, No need to rush. I think the Premium is great and can be even better with shaker and custom coloured trim. LE is just madness, I think a lot of people speculate on the price going up as only 500 are made and the demand is high. But before you get yourself a premium, wait and play the game first, you don't buy a car not text driving it.....

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Man this whole forum thing is driving me absolutely nuts! Buy this, don't buy this, I'm getting one now, I'm going to wait, this is good, this is crap,......
I want to surprise my son for his birthday (April 30th he'll be 7) with at least a picture of what he's getting. We both enjoy playing pinball whenever we see a cool machine but I am at best a novice player.
Are you saying that if there is a bug in the code or if a new version of code is released that I cannot install it after the fact? Seems crazy with todays technology that a pinball machine cannot be updated with the latest and greatest code when it's released by the manufacturer.

You started with the question buy a CFTBL or MMR, you end up with a picture of a GB premium for your sons birthday, with unknown time to wait - look at SMVE, GoT premium. I have a 7 year old daughter and know she can't wait. I wish you all the best with your choice......

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I'm just happy I am in a position to be able to buy another pin. Especially the GB Premium pin. Maybe in the future I'll be able to add a CFTBL, MM, and TAF.
I am playing the lottery!

Well you asked all the wrong persons Most of us started with one and ended up with multiple games. And you can't go wrong, buy a CFTBL and your son will like the creature that appears, buy a MM and the castle is great, buy a SM and the DR.Ock is awesome, buy a POTC and the ship is cool, buy a GB and the ecto goggles are it, my son just loves all of them. I still recommend to get a nice machine now and wait for the premium GB to settle down, play your machine for half a year, have a good time, sell it then for the same price (or more) and get a GB premium, or........just like all of us.....put one next to that. The limit is in most cases not the money but the room you can fit your machines in

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 27.95
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider peterg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-vs-cftbl?tu=peterg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.