8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevindrives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Thank you all, I really do appreciate all your input, advice and recommendations.
My son (7 next month) has only played MM twice and loved it however I wasn't so keen on it other than it being ranked #1. Then MMR came out so I kept it under consideration because he loved it or I should say he loved watching me play it hoping I'd explode the castle. Now I'm also realistic because it probably could have been any pin and he still would have loved it as long as it also did something cool.
I used to own a CFTBL (before my son was even conceived) and bought it strictly for the theme, artwork, reviews, and the game room I was putting together (I had never played pin before). Out of all the games I had I really enjoyed learning how to play it and seeing myself get better and better till unfortunately I had to sell it all. Now another CFTBL is hard to find in the condition that I'd prefer with mods, etc. within my price range. Not to mention trusting the seller and worrying about its age and possible issues down the road.
Last week I saw GB and new immediately that its theme, artwork, etc. is something I wouldn't mind playing or having in my house and I know my son will love playing it too and not just watch me play. Yes he's seen the movie and loves it, the theme song, the GB game on the iPad, etc. So if I'm going to spend that kind of money, GB Premium (with the shaker motor) seems like the right choice and if there is a problem with the code I may or may not even be able to notice and I would hope I would be notified of any code updates in the future from Stern or from where I purchase it.
No he won't get it on his birthday but he doesn't even know it exists so he'll lose his mind just the same when he sees the pictures on his birthday. Then when it does arrive he'll lose his mind all over again. Double surprise!
I'm pretty sure my mind is made up because I'm already looking forward to installing a color DMD.

I enjoyed reading this thread as I ponder over trading my Star Trek: The Next Generation for a Creature from the Black Lagoon
But now, Rokablly , how did the Ghostbusters (Premium)-le turn out? Still like it?
I was playing a premium over the weekend and still enjoy the challenge.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 64.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevindrives.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-vs-cftbl?tu=kevindrives and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.