20%
  • The Hobbit LE or SE 57 votes
    43%

(133 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11992027_10156070387805241_867340873_n.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Suppose you won a lottery, and had to pick one of these pins?

I have a suspicion which one would win, but I'm just making a poll to see which way the wind blows.

#2 8 years ago

I'd take my lottery winnings and invest in the development of a time machine, travel into the future when 2/3rds of your choices are actually playable, return back to this thread, and make an informed opinion.

#3 8 years ago

... and I'd still probably choose Ghostbusters

#4 8 years ago

All three of these machines were on my short list (I was also trying hard to find a LOTR LE). I eventually committed to The Hobbit as the one that checked off the most checkboxes on my list of purchase criteria.

#5 8 years ago

Interesting times.

GoT was a Hobbit killer a month ago.
Now the tide is in favor of the Hobbit.
We will talk about it in 6 months.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Interesting times.

that is exactly the problem, we will still just talk about it in 6 months, it won't be shipping yet

#7 8 years ago

Are we assuming that one is starting from scratch....as in, no pins?

I mean, I have an MM (not the R version...but you get the idea)...so that would certainly influence my decision on what I'd get from the above list.

Pete

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Interesting times.

For sure. There's still so much to be seen with gameplay and ruleset. The artwork and the sound/video package were what eventually sold me.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from Ika:

that is exactly the problem, we will still just talk about it in 6 months, it won't be shipping yet

GOT will have the reverse effect. People will be getting them then reselling them with in 6 months.

#10 8 years ago

I think this is really a poll of MM vs. AC/DC vs. WOZ.

Everyone is hopeful that GoT is as good as AC/DC and that TH is as good as WOZ.

#11 8 years ago

I think it's great to have 3 different pins to chose from

JJP has really raised the bar with WOZ and I ll buy one one day

I love SR games and sterns games have been fun to play. I don't mind the artwork on GoTLE and they really stepped on the rgb lights. I can buy a GOTLE and it would be here in nov I'm guessing

If I buy a TH. I wouldn't see it til sometime in 2016 maybe even 2017

So GOTLE is my choice

#12 8 years ago

The cheapest one.

#13 8 years ago

I have an MMRLE on the way, and I'm considering selling some games to order TH when they go in production. If I won the lottery and GoT's gameplay is as amazing as everyone hopes it will be, I'd probably choose GoT, but then commission a group of artists to design a new cabinet, playfield, and plastics, then have a playfield protector made for the game and the new playfield graphics sandwiched between it.

#14 8 years ago

It's an interesting discussion because I think that everyone's purchase criteria is a little bit different. Certain things about each machine will stand out to some, and not to others (be that item that stands out--good or bad). Whatever ends up resonating with you the most will ultimately convince you down one path or another.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Are we assuming that one is starting from scratch....as in, no pins?
I mean, I have an MM (not the R version...but you get the idea)...so that would certainly influence my decision on what I'd get from the above list.
Pete

Oh yea, a house fell on your other pins so you don't own MM anymore.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

GOT will have the reverse effect. People will be getting them then reselling them with in 6 months.

Hater!

#17 8 years ago

MMR LE for sure I have both the original and MMR I don't even play my old one anymore it looks really dark and old compared to MMR. GOT artwork looks really cheesy and lame can't say how it plays cause it's not done yet and HObbit playfield looks really empty and void of toys IMO???

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwhiz70:

HObbit playfield looks really empty and void of toys IMO???

Well there are 4 trolls popping up all the time so that fills in the PF a bit. They were annoying though.

#19 8 years ago

MM is the only game listed that is available. Try before buy.

#20 8 years ago

One is the consensus greatest pin ever. The other two don't exist outside of prototypes. How is this a poll?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Oh yea, a house fell on your other pins so you don't own MM anymore.

Then this is the most depressing day of my life. I don't want any of them..i just want to have a good cry.

Seriously....it's kind of an unfair question. Two of the pins are large unknowns, and one is a classic that I'm very familiar with.

MM is the safe choice, can't really go wrong there.
Pete

#22 8 years ago

11992027_10156070387805241_867340873_n.jpg11992027_10156070387805241_867340873_n.jpg

#23 8 years ago
#24 8 years ago

Without have the ability to play all three and only playing the original MM, I would go with what I feel has the most in it for the price and new technology and toys, the Hobbit. But as good as the Hobbit looks I hope it plays faster than the WOZ. If not I would probably be going for the old school games (MMR) that are remade as they are just pure fun.

#25 8 years ago

Ugh. I've actually been "in" on all three of these. Gave up on The Hobbit due to the lies about the release date and was really glad I did when I saw how crap Smaug was. Still in on MMr but to be honest was regretting it until I saw the new colour DMD. Still annoyed about the lies regarding release dates.
Was initially in on GOTLE until I saw how crap the playfield looked.
Hobbit looks better visually but I've lost all real interest in it because it's so overdue. Last couple of times I've played MM it just seemed OK but not as good as a lot of modern pins. (The ball going through the wall is still the best lock out there though)
GOT - who knows?

With Stern screwing up the artwork on GOT at least I'll get to wait, play the premium and then make a decision rather than being rushed into trying to pick up a LE

#26 8 years ago

I haven't got the play GOT yet...so I can't really compare it yet. I know everyone is really disappointed in the artwork of GOT in general but I'll wait and see before commenting. I didn't think the artwork was very good for The Shadow either but it is still a great game to play. I have played TH at several shows and I own a MMRE and love it. Both are great games. Bottom line...I'd rather play them than rank them.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

If I buy a TH. I wouldn't see it til sometime in 2016 maybe even 2017

This is a fair, if not true, statement. If you want it ASAP GoT may be the soonest to see general play.

Though, I would go with The Hobbit. ( in fact - I did )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-v-gotle-v-th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.