New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 129030)

MMR Under the Microscope

By Crash

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sounds_(resized).png
AFM_(resized).png
castlesheet_(resized).png
ram_(resized).png
damseldots_(resized).png
MMRdots_(resized).png
MMR_(resized).png
colors_(resized).png
corefiles_(resized).png
identical_(resized).png
dots_(resized).png
tree_(resized).png
joke_(resized).png
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
1566.jpg

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It looks like the emulation binary is hard coded to use the 1.0 rom.

I didn't anticipate that, someone got the profanity ROM working a few months ago.

Quoted from pintechev:

Or maybe you should work with Rick to do this legitimately so all MMR owners can enjoy this. I am sure he and CGC would appreciate the support from the community.
Marc

The solution for this is to create a pps patch file and distribute the patch for the mmc image. You will not be distributing copyrighted content, as the patch file only stored the changes to the file rather than raw data.

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I didn't anticipate that, someone got the profanity ROM working a few months ago.

The solution for this is to create a pps patch file and distribute the patch for the mmc image. You will not be distributing copyrighted content, as the patch file only stored the changes to the file rather than raw data.

Is the profanity rom different than what the game shipped with?

#103 4 years ago

Yes, but there are many more changes in the version you tried so that is most likely the reason. Which is strange, because emumm is built on PinMAME so you would think it would work fine.

#104 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I spent a decent amount of time helping folks get the official MMR patch up and loaded on their machines. Wouldn't it be better to get this into an official patch so everyone could enjoy it and have a single way to update their games?

Marc

#105 4 years ago

CGC has the means to do it. The changes we are proposing are fairly trivial, and they obviously have the technical know how. They are just choosing not to.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yes, but there are many more changes in the version you tried so that is most likely the reason. Which is strange, because emumm is built on PinMAME so you would think it would work fine.

I was pretty sure it would too, but it crashes. The loading screen which normally flashes "loading" fairly fast, slows down to a crawl until it eventually reboots.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

CGC has the means to do it. The changes we are proposing are fairly trivial, and they obviously have the technical know how. They are just choosing not to.

Or the person programming the game isn't as intimately familiar as this community is with the Original sounds, and isn't aware of the exact issues with regards to leveling. Or there is something subtle with audio system.

#108 4 years ago

One of the members here sent CGC a very detailed description of the sound sample issues including comparisons to the original ages ago and they did not take it onboard, so it's not because they don't know about it or understand the problem. I think that member has since given up and sold his game?

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:Or maybe you should work with Rick to do this legitimately so all MMR owners can enjoy this. I am sure he and CGC would appreciate the support from the community.
Marc

I totally agree that it would be great if they worked with the community

Did you read Rick's response?

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

One of the members here sent CGC a very detailed description of the sound sample issues including comparisons to the original ages ago and they did not take it onboard, so it's not because they don't know about it or understand the problem. I think that member has since given up and sold his game?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-music-volume-bug-known-issue

I put that content in a ticket. 8 months ago they acknowledged, and said they would try and get the fix in the next version. I asked for updates a few times over the months in the ticket with no response. Today they closed the ticket without a response. Would someone like to see if they ended up fixing it?

#111 4 years ago

can some one start a CGC thread on why they have the worst customer service in the world and are truly ignorant of their customers lol.they always initially answer a ticket then sweet fuck all.1 of my quality issues which i dont think anyones asked is the shitty decaling on right front corner of cabinets,the gap from sum pics ive seen is 1/4 inch and i think it looks crap ,the cutting on front decal at right of mine looks jagged n horrible.they couldve printed right decals bit longer towards front so its look half decent at least

#112 4 years ago

This weekend I increased the audio for all of the callouts using sox (http://sox.sourceforge.net), and it sounds much better. You can actually clearly hear what is being said over the other normal game sounds.

I'm putting together a script that will take an image and alter all the callouts with the desired volume adjustment. Once it's done, I'll submit it to CGC to see if they'll actually fix their software. If they do nothing, I may release it to the public.

#113 4 years ago

Looks forward to hearing your efforts

#114 4 years ago

I will (and continue to) push CGC to issue a 'mix' improvement as I feel that this is something that can be easily done. Let's just get them to do it ... I will talk to them today about it.

rick

#115 4 years ago

Obviously it can be done, you have told us that you have asked them many times to do this and they have not. Why not let others fix it and do whatever other mods they desire?

1 year later
#116 3 years ago

Sorry, old thread, but thought it was an appropriate place to ask.

Does anyone know the pinouts for J10 on the controller board in the backbox? It's an unused set of header pins. My eyes must be deceiving me because I cannot find it on the wiring diagram. Thx.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Sorry, old thread, but thought it was an appropriate place to ask.
Does anyone know the pinouts for J10 on the controller board in the backbox? It's an unused set of header pins. My eyes must be deceiving me because I cannot find it on the wiring diagram. Thx.

In theory, if it's not in the wiring diagram, it would be unused.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

In theory, if it's not in the wiring diagram, it would be unused.

There is a J10 shown, but it only shows 2 pins, the one on the board is 6 pins.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a J10 shown, but it only shows 2 pins, the one on the board is 6 pins.

Ah, okay, that's different.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah, okay, that's different.

I'll just use my meter to find 12v and ground. Strange though that it's not in the diagram...unless I am not looking at the right diagram.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'll just use my meter to find 12v and ground. Strange though that it's not in the diagram...unless I am not looking at the right diagram.

If it's 6 pins, the only thing I can think of (since I don't have a copy of the schematics) is that it could be a JTAG connector for the processor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside