IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2466 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Production is definitely ramping up. Mine's #384 and it was manufactured late September and we are now closing #700, can't be long before it's all done
I have to say it's a great machine, but I've also had to spend quite a lot of time dialing it. Seems like the quality control is not that great, but it's still pretty awesome. Time will tell whether the design has room for improvement, I'd guess so and hopefully the next remake has some of those improvements

From what I heard talking to some distributors is they plan to run Standards in March (change the line over) so I assume the LE run will be over at 1k.

Kind would be cool to see a room of 1k MMR all lined up. Maybe even 1k people playing them.

#2476 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Stainless wasn't too boring to make it the all-time #1 game which cost like $14,000 before the remake.

I love the stainless. I ordered the original look LE MMR. Just my opinion but the gold did not look as good as aftermarket plated brass, etc. It was nice but not what I expected. Black is nice but looks like stern machine. Really to each his own.

But on the MMR I prefer Stainless.

2 weeks later
#2588 8 years ago

I have the issue but its not really an issue. Definitely hard to read when on. The lettering is not washed out but a little thin. They could have used a bold font to help it but the problem lies in the non smooth reflective prism type lens on the plastic and the bright white light. If they used a darker LED or color it would show better and if the insert was not so prism like. So if they made it bolder the ink it still would be harder to see with the bright LED.

An instant fix would be a software update to dim the LED or change color if its rgb, etc.

So a warranty issue its not. But yes they should have saw this and made software adjustments, etc.

This is my opinion after getting my machine today.

#2589 8 years ago

After having to get out of pinball 3 years ago (unforeseen circumstances, sold 20 of my 23 collection), I am finally back!

Fresh arrival hot on the dolly. Went with the stainless trim and legs, I wanted to original Williams look.

Got #661. Guess #666 is sitting somewhere.

IMGP4371_(resized).JPGIMGP4371_(resized).JPG

IMGP4377_(resized).JPGIMGP4377_(resized).JPG

IMGP4363_(resized).JPGIMGP4363_(resized).JPG

#2597 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

In person, you absolutely cannot read many (if not all) of the plain black inserts when lit. Some photos may lead you to believe otherwise.

I agree. When lit its impossible to read which King your attacking. White paint would have fixed this but who knows.

Just something were gonna have to live with which I am ok with.

I keep forgetting and lets not forget we have a brand new MM with upgraded electronics that we did not pay 14k for used.

#2598 8 years ago

I do wish they used more LED sockets so I could change some stuff around. First thing I would do is change the king inserts to different colors. On my shadow I have each scene a different color and your know right away whats going on. Like RED for Phurbas and Blue for Underwater doom.

Would have liked to do some LED mods on this.

#2602 8 years ago

Where do you buy the gel film?

#2616 8 years ago

Wow definitely darker on the earlier ones. Almost seems the insert has a different pattern, more solid white even light.
Mine there are brights and darks from the faceted angles its not smooth like that one. #289

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2620 8 years ago

Wish the display update would come out. Maybe its just green color (I did try others) but seems the LED is less clear than the original 90's dmd. Not with the boot up graphics which look awesome but the emulation from DMD pixels to LED. Just in my opinion not a crisp.

Wish they had at least a sigma mode like COlorDMD.

#2671 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Do your playfields look this far off?

Every machine I had those never line up quite right. Guess the jig is off. Will look at mine tonight.

#2672 8 years ago

Was looking at my PF today in the light and all the inserts that have no white behind the black look bad. The main ones to battle the kingdom have the white then black paint and look great. They should have done that for all of them regardless of what the original was. Maybe the original inserts were more Opaque so the text was read better.

I have to put my face on the field to read the kings. At first I was not bothered but after learning the game (been a while) I needed to read the inserts to see the goals and it hit me how hard to impossible they were to read.

And I agree 100% for a 8k+ game the PF which is the center of the game should be perfect.

I guess at some point if CG responds we need to get a list of all the un-happy owners and seek resolution. At minimum like was stated a PF sent to us to do as we please.

Not sure the count of unhappy MMR owners but I am in the group as of today.

#2681 8 years ago

Glad you contacted them. I asked someone to read the Castles when on and they could read only one and when off took them a while.
At min like was said before they should send out new PF since most on here could do a swap.

#2692 8 years ago

I submitted one also today. I hope they are fair with some resolution.

#2733 8 years ago

By far one of the most complex warranty issues. As the problem may not lie in the thin black but a combination of black on weird reflective inserts with led lighting, etc, etc, etc, etc. My yellow inserts are a little thin but the kings are not but still unreadable.
People who have never played the game could not for the life of them figure out what king they were attacking.

I have never seen black text on these faceted type inserts without white lettering behind. Looking at my other machines the black text is on more smooth inserts rather then faceted.

I also have a ticket into them. My whole complaint is they are not readable therefore useless to people who have not memorized them.
Regardless if its thin, faceted, etc it is a problem. If the original was like that (black paint only) and new inserts like old ones could not be obtained then they should have redesigned with white text behind.

Anyway a complex warranty issue since there is no direct part broken but a big gray area.

#2774 8 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

If you have never seen black test without white under it, you've never seens an original MM.

I know the text is formatted after the original. I said even if they copied the original something is different being the faceted inserts, frosting whatever. Change it to white under it if that fixes the inserts. Who knows maybe the inserts are different.

#2911 8 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I was asked for balance about 5 weeks ago with an approximate 2 week out ship date. My fingers are crossed that they are fixing the playfield resulting in the delay.

Talked to them the other day. Part of the delay is new software to fix the inserts. Wont go into detail but will be customer controlled dimming of the inserts which vastly improves the readability. I have unreadable inserts but the text is super black.

Anyway lets get back to unboxings!!!

IMGP4363_(resized).JPGIMGP4363_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#2918 8 years ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I lost, number 394 made in september 2015. was this just delivered?

From what I understand there is no order in the numbers, etc. In fact in the beginning buyers could request a # but not sure how that worked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 26.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 85.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=slate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.