IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2248 8 years ago

I have been given a choice of Stainless or Black and I'm finding it really difficult for a few reasons, please help me decide.

Initially I had thought Stainless as it is the classic original look and is more durable, a friends BIB-LE has micro scratches on the black lockdown bar and it's HUO and he is really careful.

The Stainless MMR I can choose is number MM0023 so that might be more desirable and hold it's value better because of the low number?? BUT I worry that being that early in the production run is it safer to pick a later number as perhaps production glitches were ironed out or parts changed. Does anyone have any knowledge of early V's later? (also this one must have been sitting around for awhile increasing the risk of damage, although it should have been well stored)

The Black is in the 400's somewhere........Black does look nice......but yeah I worry about durability and am I passing up a good opportunity to get a low number if I pick Black?

I have about 8hrs to decide ????????

#2256 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I was not aware of the kicker issue so it's good to have a heads up about that I just read a long thread about it. Both the pins are NIB and I asked and have been assured they are from late in the production run, even the #23 as they are not badged in order of production. I did not specifically ask about this problem but I assume it will have already been fixed with mine although I will be checking before playing.

I finally decided on the BLACK..(it's locked in now)...I do think it looks better, I will have to try to get over my paranoia about it getting scratched. I might keep a big roll of cloth tape next to the game and if anyone is wearing rings I will wrap their ring fingers in tape to protect the rails I think I'm joking.......ummm but maybe I really will. Has anyone experienced scratches on their black trims? do they have a protective clear over the black? It's too late for me to change my mind, just interested, I will find out soon enough anyway.

#2264 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Did the distributor try and charge more for the lower number?

I am already paying $$MORE$$ because I waited too long and only committed about a week ago. My choice was pay the price or let someone else have it and wait however long for a standard. I was not asked if I would pay more again for the low number that would really have not gone down well.

1 week later
#2360 8 years ago

Woot mine turned up and it's late I'm tired and drunk Merry Xmas

Mr DKong would like you all to know that it was him that solved the disconnected Molex plug that caused the initial no power much worry issue

Other than that I adjusted a wire frame and we played and played

Seems maybe a couple of small tweaks are needed.......after maybe about 30 games all up the ball caught before the Merlin's hole twice but fell in on ball search. Also we got two balls in the catapult and they would not eject properly so had to remove the glass. Is there a fix for that or does it just happen sometimes? would suck in comps.

Only other fault so far is the filthy big hand prints under the cab, come on dudes wash eh?

Very pleased there is no shipping damage and it plays well

Yeah very pleased with the game over all...........f&^k yeah

One other thing..... usually I like to keep my games at factory default....but the wide open outlanes are very unforgiving and seem harder than the couple of originals I have played. Anyone moving their post down some?

2 weeks later
#2445 8 years ago

I thought mine was a drain monster at first and I closed up the gap in the outlaws to the smallest.

But after a couple of days like that it was too easy.

Gone back to default and focused on ball control and accuracy. Finding it balanced now and think that the difficulty is just right.
Few more days and getting plenty of 50mill and top of 110mill.

You will get used to it

#2446 8 years ago

Mine came with them in the middle, that's what I am calling default,

#2454 8 years ago

This is the MMR thread so I was discussing that.......on my phone with auto correct obviously

#2495 8 years ago

Study your door frame removing and replacing the inner should not be a big issue.

#2496 8 years ago

That said I unboxed mine and set it up in the garage on wheels to push into the games room and it easily fits through a standard door then.

3 weeks later
#2724 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

If your MMR is playable go play it it's not the end of the world...

Yeah? I'm glad you have posted that you personally have a resolution......but when I said earlier people should just enjoy their games it's not the end of the world you bagged me out big time because I was not of the same opinion as you.

At that time you said the ONLY solution was a NEW playfield........now that has NOT happened for you but you are happy and you are telling others to calm down even though you have been the MOST vocal all along about ONLY accepting a new playfield.

What gives dude?

So far I have not been happy at all with their response to my ticket........but I will wait to see what transpires before I post what they said.

I WILL openly post what the outcome is, I will not negotiate a secret pact.... I believe in freedom of information and helping the entire team over my own personal gain

Who is with me?

#2766 8 years ago

I didn't get to read Drewblood's response to my post before he deleted it and his next couple of posts.......I imagine he realised that his statements were damaging his reputation.

My ticket has now been CLOSED and I have been told my "inserts are fine" I am not happy with this, but I will post about it in more detail in the insert thread to try to get the unboxing thread back on track https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed/page/5#post-2962440

#2876 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Why is PPS "deactivated?"

I assume he was tired of o-dins personal trolling of him.......not sure what that is about but I am tired of it also.......PPS should have just "ignored" him, actually that's probably a good idea for everyone

1 month later
#3072 8 years ago

Mine had no power when I first turned it on, we quickly checked everything and then I ran upstairs in a panic to research online.

In the meantime my mate down stairs managed to electrocute himself and fix the problem. From memory it was a loose wire where the lead from the power supply to the plug at the back of the cab.

Good luck and take care

1 month later
#3261 7 years ago

I'm not sure how Drew has not been modded out of the MMR threads by now. After him personally being the loudest and most frequent complaintant against MMR ever he is now the loudest, rudest and most aggressive attacking those who continue to complain after he decided to change his mind.

#3271 7 years ago

Ummm ok, is that a quote from CGC?

My interpretation of the above is........

There is a great amount of variation in the printing process and each batch has provided games with dark print and some that are lightly printed and inferior. We would prefer people to just accept the lighter printing and shut up about it because although we earlier stated that the process had been corrected now we are saying that it's just the way it is and there was never anything wrong.

#3315 7 years ago

I wonder if the standards will end up with less released than the LE

1 week later
#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well to be fair he was the first guy to get rightfully indignant when he received his new MMr and saw the issue. Everybody appreciated him raising the flag over this... his later gushing over the "amazing" fix promised to him (if he swore himself to secrecy) - not so much.

Also the fact that he went back and deleted ALL his posts in that thread thus not giving any support to those who were not as amazed by the fix offered to them and wiping the history of how he would ONLY accept a new playfield and nothing less.

#3430 7 years ago

Once again all I have done is briefly state a fact, no twisting of words, and again Drewblood419 has decided to attack me with his puerile comments. Yet somehow he thinks I'm the one with a problem.

#3561 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Good question, because if you buy it and the inserts exhibit poor print quality, you're stuck with it.

Why on earth was this comment down voted? no one has had poorly printed inserts FIXED or replaced with good inserts. The vast majority of people who have installed their diffusers have said they are rubbish which is not surprising.

#3573 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I really don't think it is. CGC has been making playfields for years, they should have it down. From other peoples posts, the company line seems to be that there is "10x as much light" in these inserts which creates this problem, but when Metallik shoved a 4 SMD LED under his white inserts, the ink is still opaque as it should be. This is a mistake, and it sucks that their general stance is that it's "within tolerances" when the only thing that should be tolerable is opaque, like they've generally done in the past -- rather than admitting its a mistake and working to not have it happen going forward.

They did admit it was a mistake at first.....but then they decided we were mistaken and those that are not happy with their tolerances should just take a big F&^kin sheet of tone down to diffuse the situation.

I am more angry about their lack of customer service and bullshit communication than am I am about my inserts.

I am happy with the game over all, but what if I need customer service in a couple of years? I can't even get a reply from them now.....PPS says talk to CGC and CGC don't answer.

That's not pinball, that's bullshit.

1 week later
#3733 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

J
PPS and CGC will be facing a shitstorm over this one.

There might be a shitstorm here, but more likely everyone is over it and just wants color....but even if it goes off here neither CGC or PPS will give a toss. I see someone has posted about it on the PPS forum, I guess they are in line to get angry emails and PMs to try to dissuade them from posting negatively like I did.

#3791 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

I currently learned after attempting to install my diffuser that I'm going to have to recruit outside help (at my own expense) to help (presumably) "fix" my hideous looking inserts.

You should just place one of the small diffusers under one of the worst inserts hold it in place with a bit of tape or something and turn it on to test what it looks like. I would guess that there is a good chance you would decide not to bother paying someone to install them.

1 week later
#3881 7 years ago

Maybe......but I guess not, there was a big break in shipping after the ink was revealed, then the diffusers, then more poor inserts were shipped, so I don't think any were scrapped. Also from memory I think it was said that more than 500 standards would be produced, the 500 is a batch not a limit otherwise the standards would be more LE than the LE's.

That said I would be surprised if they sell more than 1000 standards in the end, but it is possible.

4 weeks later
#3957 7 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Taylor in VA pics of MMr show a Williams logo in the translite???????? Whaaaat?

Note how this is OK by PPS Rick as after the fact he has arranged to sell the translites in his store. But he wants to block any community mods to the software stating that is a Williams copyright issue.

But my game has a Williams logo under the lockbar, and I can buy a Williams logo replacement speaker panel.....obviously it's just about money.

#3962 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Rick cant touch you across the ocean. Do what you please

Well he can't physically touch me........but he did just ban me from the PPS forum, which is probably a good thing for me as I won't be wasting time there anymore and can play more games instead

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 85.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 45.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=rat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.