IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1980 8 years ago

Bill,

I am just down the road from you and would be happy to take the Tron LE off your hands

I never took pictures of my MMr unboxing because it was supposed to be a babysit for a friend, but I wasn't able to let it leave! Now the proud owner of #289

Marc

#1990 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL. The silence is deafening. All they have to say is "sorry, xxx part is holding up the show but we'll get it by yyy date". Instead they choose to ignore their customers.

Or they're busy fixing their issues and building games.

Marc

3 weeks later
#2111 8 years ago

Many folks have been wanting an MM for over 15 years. I understand that it's frustrating as all heck to wait this long after you've paid, but I cannot help but think this will be like BBB, where the length of time folks waited is an anecdote that people tell when they describe how much the love their MMr.

#2136 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

PPS told me yesterday that I can no longer pick up my game at CGC. I don't know if that's true for all distributors, or only if you bought from PPS. The delivery fee I'm being charged seems pretty reasonable. But I don't care about the money as much as my poorly-packaged game bouncing around in a truck. Fingers crossed.

Mine made it from IL to CA without any issue. I don't think that the game is poorly packed at all. It's not like we have a string of MMr owners with damaged games posting on here. I hope your game arrives perfectly and soon.

Marc

1 week later
#2219 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

every reseller does things how they want to in terms of payment, deposits, fulfillment, communication, etc with a few ground rules setup in the beginning, I'm not sure what you are asking? Then based on how many games are allocated to each reseller then they figure out who gets what games that are available.
Rick

I think there is a lack of clarity around something critical: do people who paid in full get priority in delivery order over people who only have had deposits. I believe that is what folks are asking.

#2226 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

CGC (and PPS) have zero visibility to any reseller and who has customers paid in full or not, and how they are managing their 'queue'. So, you would have to ask the reseller. PPS generally goes down a list of when people went on the list for their game which is meant to be in relative order of when they became a confirmed order, and then we request payment (we did not 'collect' full payment other than when we felt that those customers games were imminent - which sometimes slipped by a weeks for a couple months because of the build issues). Note, that 'order' is modified by Trim color - so it is certainly real that a customer who ordered later with a different trim thatn is being built gets their game earlier than the one who did not - that was more in the past as now CGC/Stern are building more based on what trim colors we tell them we need as opposed to large batches of any one trim color - which was a bit of a disaster. Anyone that has fully paid PPS should be in the queue for the game, and games are being built, and that is more logical for people as trim color is not a major factory anymore. I cannot speak for any other reseller. I can also tell you that PPS is currently now requesting the rest of the payment from a large number of people and when we receive payment they go into the queue and games are fulfilled from that.
Rick

Thanks for the reply and the communication. I am sure people appreciate and understand the complexity here.

#2232 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I dont think anyone, PPS and CGC included, envisioned this to go this way. As with many projects, reality was much harder than optimistic plans indicated. Remember how long the UL approval took, what about predictions of building 35+ machines a week etc. Still, the game is awesome and worth every penny and I know CGC is feeling the pain too and trying hard to get the MMR's shipped.
It's hard to maintain enthusiasm when the clock just keeps on ticking but hang in there, if you truly appreciate MM as a pin MMR is worth the wait (IMO)

Well said. It is worth the wait. Once you have it, you have a brand new MM forever.

#2235 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Until...you play it...

Your home MMR will stay beautiful. It's not like an MM that was once on route.

#2239 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

It's easy to forget that Medieval Madness did very well on route, so HUO Medieval Madness machines are unicorns (or probably myths) whereas a good portion of MMr will be in enthusiast hands and thus more likely to remain in tip top shape from the beginning.

Absolutely correct. And I read all this stuff and completely understand the emotions here. If people weren't so excited about owning this title then nobody would care and nobody would complain that it was taking longer than expected.

MM is great. MMR is great. It's worth the wait.

1 week later
#2327 8 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

I installed them myself, had them ordered since the discount Rick offered during the time when coin mechs were "taboo" to the remake, I hear a few people cut their zip ties to install them, and I didn't have to (though it was a touch time consuming)

How did you get them in? Do they slide in, or do you have to remove things on the coin for first?

Marc

1 week later
#2376 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Mine is here too! Plays fantastically.
I can't think of anything I'd do to it at this point except maybe a cliffy eject protector and swapping the rubber.
I will say, however, that I was a little disappointed in the overall cleanliness of the machine. The powdercoat looks really nice, no question. But when we unboxed the game at the shop this week, the bottom of the cabinet (as shown) was smudged. That's exactly how it looked when we cut the box opened. It's the bottom, not a huge deal, but still..
And second, the entire game (also as shown) was covered in dust. It's like they were doing final inspection next to the sawmill...
But that's only on the outside. The inside is nice and spiffy.
And it looks like they took the outside of the cabinet and wiped the decals down with a dirty rag. Streaky and just not impressed.
That said, all minor stuff that doesn't impact the game, and some time cleaning will take care of it. Just a little disappointed that the guys building the game couldn't do this before it went into a box. I've unboxed plenty of Sterns and never seen this stuff. But Sterns I have seen with dents, wrinkles, and other stuff not present here.
Enjoying the game. Shaker is great on here!

20151231_200129_(resized).jpg20151231_200118_(resized).jpg20151231_190819_(resized).jpg20151231_190810_(resized).jpg20151231_190805_(resized).jpgIMG_20151231_075540_(resized).jpg20151231_200318_(resized).jpg

Greg,

That's crazy! Mine was minty clean. Glad it's just topical and the real hard stuff works well. Happy New Year!

Marc

#2395 8 years ago

Check the under play field switch connections. If those look OK, open a ticket with CGC and someone will help you.

Marc

#2423 8 years ago

It's worth the wait. It really is.

3 weeks later
#2572 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Ok, at first that made me laugh, I admit, but really somebody has some 'splainin' to do who works on the line or QCs and is responsible for letting that ST instruction sheet get through. I mean, come on, really? lol!

Everyone here must be perfect at everything that they do.

#2575 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

When your job is QC then yes you should be perfect at what you do. If not, you failed at your job.

Statements like that are silly and you know it.

#2578 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

nothing silly about it. These playfields should have been inspected numerous times before being allowed to leave the factory.

No, what was silly to me was the black and white statements about quality control Humans are prone to error, period.

#2580 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Of course they are, but a person whose job it is to do QC should be prone to perfection.

And if the worst thing they ship that day is the wrong piece of paper taped to a play field, that's pretty good.

#2582 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I guess you missed all the post about the illegible insert art.

Nope. Saw them all. And it's not at all clear from the pictures wether or not that is visible in normal factor lighting conditions. All of the pictures seem to be in the dark with the LED behind it. My MMRLE doesn't seem to have the issue so I cannot say what's going on. There's the undercurrent that Stern/PPS/CGC knows there's an issue and is somehow shipping games and not caring which does not compute. The most significant issue they had was the slingshot damage and the corrected it as soon as they knew about it. I wish people would just calm down a little and communicate to the right folks, in the right communications channels and wait for CGC to figure out what's going on.

#2584 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

If yours doesn't have the issue could you post some pics of your inserts both with led on and off in a normal lighting situation? When I get home today I will do the same with mine that has the issue.

I will do that tonight when I get home.

#2608 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps they don't want you to open the box and inspect it while you're there.

I feel like all you're doing is stirring this thread up with information that isn't helpful to the folks who are upset. Shouldn't you be playing pinball or something?

#2609 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

If yours doesn't have the issue could you post some pics of your inserts both with led on and off in a normal lighting situation? When I get home today I will do the same with mine that has the issue.

Here you go. I hope this helps. This is MMR #289.

IMG_1294_(resized).JPGIMG_1294_(resized).JPG

IMG_1292_(resized).JPGIMG_1292_(resized).JPG

#2612 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Beautiful mschonbrun.
That is the playfields I purchased and expected.
Will you take a few shots up close and with the LED's at full blast.

That is up close (as close as the focal length allows) and at full blast LED brightness...

#2613 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Beautiful mschonbrun.
That is the playfields I purchased and expected.
Will you take a few shots up close and with the LED's at full blast.

One more thing to say is that I agree with Rick: this is hard to get captured. Differences in cameras, white balance, ambient lightning, etc, all play with the appearance of the image. I am sure that if I took the same picture with a very old iPhone 3G that it would look very different to the 6S+ picture that I posted above. At the end of the day, it's your eye that is the actual judge here.

1 week later
#2718 8 years ago

I just want folks to enjoy their games. All the speculation about what CGC would or wouldn't do has really been hard to read. Maybe it's a fault of mine, but I always assume people are good and want to do the right thing; not surprised that CGC is going to do the right thing based on the quality of both MMRs that I have played.

#2729 8 years ago

I would encourage folks who have issues with their games to put in a ticket and talk to CGC. This forum is not the place to get resolution.

#2791 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

They came up with a "cost effective" solution: an update that will let you turn your LEDs way down.
It's effective because it costs them nothing

Since when is software development and QA free?

#2820 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Reselling a product implies that TP is buying it from CGC and then reselling it to their customer. My understanding was that the customer's money was sent to CGC and then a game was shipped direct to the customer. At no point is the product owned by the reseller.

My understanding is that CGC is paid when the game is done and that initiated the shipment details, etc. could be wrong on this, but that's what it sounded like from other posts.

#2822 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

So companies like JJP that asked for payment years ago are doing what with the money?

The same thing your bank does with your money.

#2833 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Something so simple:

image_(resized).jpeg

Considering it's screen printed, this is a funny but not helpful image.

#2857 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yes, he is throwing everything in CGC's lap rightly or wrongly.

They are the manufacturer. They are responsible for the quality of the game that was produced.

#2859 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yes, but when customers begin disputing the charge on their credit card, I am sure PPS and the other distributors/authorized dealers who accepted payment will respond.

You will be punishing the wrong party if you do that.

1 month later
#3075 8 years ago
Quoted from insertcoin:

Thanks for the reply and yes, I did flip the switch on. I'm sure it happens, and after today, I was left questioning myself too. But I made several attempts -on-off-on-off. There are no lights on under the playfield (inside any of the boxes), anywhere on the playfield or the LCD. Not even the usual "hit" to the screen or speakers when the initial power surges through it.
I've even done dummy tests like tried different power cords and tried different wall outlets. I'll try the service outlet under the playfield tomorrow to see if any power is flowing to it but it doesn't seem like it.
I *hope* it was just something that jiggled free during shipment. The crate, box and game all were flawless upon arrival and all the wiring is tight and appears in tact. Only one cable (LCD in the backbox) was off but that was a quick fix.

It didn't leave the factory untested. It's likely something simple related to being on a truck for many days and shaking from the road vibration.

#3082 8 years ago
Quoted from angus:

In switch test when you asked for the Bottom Jet it fired the Eject, and vise versa. And to top that off. The coil stop bracket for the right flipper fell off after about 8-9 games. Can't find one of the nuts from the back of flipper assembly. Not sure it was ever there.

You probably didn't need the solder as every solenoid/switch has their own connector to the mainboard. Sounds like it was just plugged into the wrong spot.

#3084 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

To be fair, MMR was never billed as "The Best Built, Highest Quality game ever". Neither by PPS, Chicago Gaming nor the pre-ordering public....

Thank you for saying that. It's a pinball machine.

#3086 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

It's a pinball machine that is suppose to be tested before being shipped. Seems like a coil wired incorrectly would get caught. QC through two companies and still not caught doesn't say much for Stern or CGC.

Should it have happened? No. Is it a huge deal? Not really.

#3088 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

It is when I get my machine and I have no idea how to rectify the problems. I am not as well versed I suppose.

And this community would help you. LTG would help you. And CGC would help you if you needed it.

1 month later
#3398 7 years ago

Nice to see folks getting their games and enjoying them!

Marc

#3417 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The diffuser is a band-aid designed to cover up a defective playfield. It makes EVERY insert dimmer and essentially eliminates the brightness advantage LEDs have over incandescents. Request a new playfield with properly inked inserts. For $8k, that is the only proper solution. If CGC or your distributor tells you "no", ask them this:
Why was it OK for them to send you a defective playfield and then ask you to put a diffuser over it to "make it right", but not OK for you to send them $7k and then tell them to just write an "8" over the "7" on their deposit receipt to "make it right"?
If they don't do right by you, ask them to come pick the game up and refund your money (they won't - it will cost them 2x-3x what it would cost to send you a new PF).

FWIW: I actually love the look of the diffused light. I am very much a purist when it comes to pinball lightning and I love the softer look now. The LEDs were not chosen to be ultra-bright; they were chosen to be modern and reliable, yet still look like MM.

Marc

#3431 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Once again all I have done is briefly state a fact, no twisting of words, and again Drewblood419 has decided to attack me with his puerile comments. Yet somehow he thinks I'm the one with a problem.

Can't we all just get along and play pinball?

Marc

#3451 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Got a surprise call from Tommy of Nitro.
Will be by tonite to Deliver and Setup my MMRLE Black.

So excited for you!

Marc

#3460 7 years ago

Congrats! The machine looks beautiful.

#3503 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Must have had the empathy beaten out of him as a kid.

OK -- that was funny.

#3594 7 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Where did you get that number? The first hint of light ink came around at 300 and not every machine since then has an issue.

Nor does every owner post here.

#3623 7 years ago

After 73 pages of posts, I am wondering exactly how many unboxings there actually were on Pinside. Out of a max of 1000, anyone have any idea how many belong to members here?

Marc

#3737 7 years ago

And it's not like the LEs cost more.

1 week later
#3888 7 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Just unloaded. Luck of the draw maybe. It seems to be perfect!!

Well that is one pretty yellow car. I cannot quite tell what it is?

1 week later
#3908 7 years ago

Hallelujah!

How do you like it?!?!?

#3910 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Still setting it up. Need to put protectors on blah, blah, blah. Looks beautiful though. Installed lenticular translite as well.

Inserts look dark in your picture. Are you happy?

3 weeks later
#3960 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Note how this is OK by PPS Rick as after the fact he has arranged to sell the translites in his store. But he wants to block any community mods to the software stating that is a Williams copyright issue.
But my game has a Williams logo under the lockbar, and I can buy a Williams logo replacement speaker panel.....obviously it's just about money.

It's about the license and following the rules set forth in the license. And failure to do so means that you could lose the license, and that would be very bad for the community.

Marc

1 week later
#3975 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

cant use it? wont fit?

You can certainly buy one and it does fit. Many MMR owners have done so.

#3976 7 years ago
Quoted from C_kubie:

MMr black #954 was delivered.

954! We are getting close to the end of the run of 1,000! So exciting.

#4000 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

LE 944 was delivered last week friday. Forgot to post a pic!
Great game, decent inserts so I'm happy even after the long wait!
Speakers are being replaced today. Wow, those are terrible!!

I like the topper

1 week later
#4029 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

No unboxings for over a week? Do they only send out a couple MM pins every other week? Geesh!

They are in the high 900s at this point, so not too many left. And not all owners are on Pinside. The last big batch is the European ones which will be fun to watch getting unboxed.

4 months later
#4150 7 years ago

I have had mine since August 2015 and it's a beautiful machine that plays great. I haven't had any issues with it.

Marc

#4152 7 years ago

For the LEDs in the spotlights, I don't have that issue on my MMR, but I do with my Star Trek. I used a small dad of earthquake putty in the back edge of the spotlight dome. That kept the LED from falling out and is completely reversible.

#4162 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Doesnt explain the board issue.

What it's saying is that for a bulb to look burned out, two of the three that make up an insert would have to fail, and that's pretty rare. If it did, it's a readily available SMD LED and could be easily repaired. Also, you have a warranty, etc.

#4163 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

What it's saying is that for a bulb to look burned out, two of the three that make up an insert would have to fail, and that's pretty rare. If it did, it's a readily available SMD LED and could be easily repaired. Also, you have a warranty, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=pintechev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.