IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2798 8 years ago

Just curious if you had a precision cut out white sticker around the lettering that you could put under the insert black lettering if that would work? Would it block the light enough?

#2803 8 years ago

Make BBB again already

3 months later
#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatinho:

Just to chime in on the whole insert thing, since I have my machine, and have learned about the concern. It's really very simple. The "black" letters written on several of the playing field lights are transparent, instead of opaque. Because they are transparent, when lit, they simply can't be read. The amount of light coming from the light versus the amount of light coming through the transparent letters is too similar for the eye to distinguish the characters in order for them to be read. It's clearly a poor choice to use transparent letters on a light if the intent is that they be readable when lit, which of course that is the intent. The information is only relevant when the light is lit. Then the question is, how big of a deal is that?
When trying to decide which machine to buy, had I read all the forum chatter about the MMR inserts, I may have chosen a different machine because I would have worried the insert problem posed a significant problem to the enjoyment of the game.
As it is, I'm glad I didn't read the forum chatter until after I had the machine. I still really enjoy my MMR, and I'm glad I bought it. I would prefer the playing field inserts were readable when lit, but in the big picture Medieval Madness is still one of the best games out there. If Ferrari was using red pin-striping on a red car, I'd probably still gripe to Ferrari that they botched up by using pin-striping that you can't even see, but it would still be a pretty darned awesome car.

I think it would be more like if the Ferrari speedometer was not able to be read when driving the car as the inserts on a MMR provide feedback and give direction on what you need to do next. Speedometer or not it is still a great car but needs to be addressed.

2 weeks later
#3825 7 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Is there a way to disable the knocker in MMR like in Stern games? It seems to mostly scare the crap out of my friends that play the game and aren't expecting it...lol

isn't that great?

2 months later
#4082 7 years ago
Quoted from Major-Havoc:

I unboxed my standard #1058. No issues out of box. Broke a troll carriage after 12 plays. But had some NOS ones. Also made a topper for it.

Topper looks cool...as well as the whole machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballlew.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.