IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pablito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#964 8 years ago

Sensfreak, check those slingshot kicker arms before playing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-slingshot-damage-who-has-it

1 week later
#979 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

All they have to do is say that and give a date when they think they'll be cranking them out again. Silence makes people assume the worst.

They did. Last update on PPS forum is "mid-June" for the line to restart. That projection was before slingshotgate. With that said, I'm certainly not holding my breath for mid June. I hope for once I'm pleasantly surprised with an on schedule milestone being reached.

1 week later
#1003 8 years ago

I'm kind of glad people are bailing over the delays. The only way to show a company that you're done with the BS is to yank back that $8,000. You can yell at the top of your lungs, kick, scream, send nasty emails, threaten to not buy in the future, etc. and unfortunately it will all be ignored. But nothing delivers the message more effectively than a cancelled order and loss of revenue to the company. String a few of those cancellations together and most companies will get their act together.

I wish I could cancel my order and send that same message. I just want this game too damn much so I'll continue the wait.

3 weeks later
#1055 8 years ago

Thx for sharing mamemaster. How about the coin door wiring? Is there clearance for coin mechs or do they still have wires going right through the area where the mechs are supposed to go?

1 month later
#1463 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

has anyone ordered a standard? LOL

Yeah, my 4 y/o son. He told me he wants a brand new MM to enjoy with his future kids. I told him go ahead and order it now and MAYBE it will be ready by then.

#1500 8 years ago

I would hand the delivery guy a $20 and tell him that's for his lunch and that you appreciate his patience while you go over the delivery with a fine tooth comb. I would certainly open the box with him still there. Noting any damage on the bill of lading is your only protection and right to recourse in the future. And if there is anything major, don't accept delivery. You just want to be sure that the cab isn't cracked from a nasty fall or something. Once you sign that bill of lading, any damage that you find later will be assumed to have been done by you. You can also find some mmr unboxing vids on youtube. Check those out.

2 weeks later
#1577 8 years ago

Which distys for those black trims?

#1586 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

These pics remind me of the old saying..."Once you go black...you wish you'd gone gold".

Man, I gotta disagree. That black looks slick on MM. Love it, and really happy I made that choice. Thanks for sharing the pics Firebird.

2 weeks later
#1729 8 years ago

About to cancel my order from Automated and buy directly from Rick/PPS. Rick, you have more black trims ready to ship now? I will cancel today and pay you today. I want this damn machine before the holidays.

2 weeks later
#1914 8 years ago

Vid mentioned ball drops, blue knight, and upper shields. I plan on applying mylar in those places day 1. And adding cliffy/mantis protectors too.

#1918 8 years ago

04knightwear.jpg04knightwear.jpg

03touchedupskull-shield-playfield-matchedorange.jpg03touchedupskull-shield-playfield-matchedorange.jpg

#1928 8 years ago

No way they finish all LEs by the end of 2015. We've got maybe 8 more weeks of work time left with holiday schedules and all. My guess is they don't even get to the 600's by end of 2015. Summer/Fall 2016 seems more like a reasonable prediction for the last LE to roll off the line unfortunately. You have to consider the track record fellas. At least the build quality and customer reports seem to be very positive.

#1937 8 years ago

Yeah I thought it was weird that the new version of the s/w was supposedly on the most recently built MMRs, but not made available to owners of earlier models. Maybe Rick can confirm. Is the new s/w that fixes the tearing on any MMRs yet?

1 month later
#2118 8 years ago

Special request for that #? Or can we assume CGC is already on the 800's?

#2121 8 years ago

Yeah but in general they are progressing 100's, 200's, 300's, etc. Right now they seem to be on 500's/600's. I'm just grasping for anything right now to make me feel like this damn game is coming soon. Looking for anything to get excited about.

#2128 8 years ago

I feel like Automated is at the back of the pack too. I ordered black from them and to date I've been told they have only shipped 2 blacks so far. I feel like JJP and PPS have priority. Should have ordered from one of them.

1 week later
#2180 8 years ago

Anyone getting a call? Just curious, who here is still waiting on their MMR? I am.

#2189 8 years ago

At this pace I think we see the Lions or possibly the Browns win the Superbowl before I see my damn MMR. Oh but wait, "Stern is going to knock out all of the LEs before the end of the year. And oh yeah, software update, and...and...and...color code. Right around the corner folks!"

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#2252 8 years ago

Do you know when the #23 was produced? A lot of the early ones had minor slingshot damage to the playfields from misaligned kicker arms. There is a fix that needs to be implemented if the previous owner hasn't addressed it yet. That may help your decision. There is a whole thread about mmr slingshot damage here on pinside.

#2320 8 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

Someone marked my last picture NSFW, is it really that sexy?

It's flagged because it's giving us boners to see that these things are actually getting shipped again.

1 week later
#2382 8 years ago

Got mine this past Monday and was lucky I guess because the machine looked perfect out of the box. Super clean and mint. Even the box looked like it was white gloved when I picked it up from the shipper's dock. #621, black, born on date 12/17. Plays like a dream. Purchased from Automated Services. Game left Chicago on 12/23 and was in Sacramento on 12/28. Very, very happy the long wait is over and couldn't be happier with the build quality. The wife finally believes that the 8k was spent on pinball and not a mistress. Thanks for finally coming thru CGC.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#2424 8 years ago

Well I eventually got mine and like all others have said, it was definitely worth the wait. I couldn't be happier with this game. You will be so happy when you tear open that box. I hope you guys all get yours soon.

2 months later
#3048 8 years ago
Quoted from metahugh:

I played the one on the left the most and took a few pictures. I think the ink looks good to me. Those LEDs are insanely bright.
image_(resized).jpeg
I looks more washed out in the picture than it did to my naked eye. I wasn't good enough to light all of the others for pics so I took this one LOL
Edit: It almost looks line the jeweling in the inserts is casting light over top the black ink in the picture. Maybe just a symptom of the optics in my camera.

The black lettering looks a lot better on that insert. I wonder if that's from diffusers or from a properly printed playfield. I'm guessing the latter.

4 weeks later
#3159 8 years ago

Diffusers installed on these new games? How is the text? Slightly transparent or solid?

4 weeks later
#3609 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Shot a very short video of my inserts tonight, as single pictures were never able to capture the real "look" of the shield inserts. This is from game #1018 MMR SE, which was delivered last week. Thoughts?
» YouTube video

Your inserts look fine. Maybe CGC has finally burned through the light text playfields.

2 weeks later
#3847 7 years ago

Looks like they definitely fixed the inserts on newer games. Which to me is an admission of guilt from CGC that they had printing problems and decided to do something about it. Pisses me off that us affected by the light print get styrene and a "falls within our tolerance" excuse. Happy for you new owners that are getting properly printed playfields.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pablito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=pablito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.