IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#467 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A New Game in Town with Brady and Cineplex Starburst Joining Together
Toronto, ON, March 19, 2014 - Brady Distributing Company and Cineplex Starburst Inc. are pleased to announce they have formed a new company which will immediately become one of North America's largest distributors of amusement and vending equipment.
The new venture, Brady Starburst LLC ("BSL"), combines the best in class attributes from both of these industry leading companies.

i hope service quality stays as good as its been with Starburst.

2 weeks later
#588 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes, it happens, not very often, but more often with the state of trucking, hubs, lack of accountability, etc. It's odd that the lockdown bar is messed up - not sure what type of abuse would have happened to cause that ...
rick

Yup. I got a nib from stern once that had forklift holes in the box and some cab damage.
Was sad to see, but stern jumped on it and had it good as new in no time

#593 9 years ago

MMR comes with a manual ?

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

#116 landed from JJP in NC on Friday.
Seems its been done for a while build date is 3-26-15.
I believe the flood gates should be opened soon and the rest will be shipping.
Judging from the dust on top of the box it had been boxed for a while.
No adjustments needed. Few cosmetic items but that will be sorted out.

dust on the box ?!?!?
...that's it, i'm out

#617 9 years ago
#654 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

CGC staff at Stern's building? I guess that would make sense, since they're supposed to be doing final QC inspection too.

CGC QC team... please take a peek & help us

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

#660 9 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

MMR #128 is now in Vegas! A little damage to the box on 2 sides but apparently the pin inside looks ok according to my wife who was home to receive it!

Congratz !!! Can't wait to see pix of it setup

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

What color do you think this is black or dark purple ?
Enquiring mod minds need to know.

Clarie 5.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

need lots of mods from you on this

#664 9 years ago

tough to tell from 1 photo. can you take a few more pix, and some with a LOT of light on the surface?

#668 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yes I have 5 to start.
So what do you think black or dark navy?

i'll be needing 1 of each

#684 9 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Anyone try PDI glass in one yet?

my glass has been here waiting on the pin
hope it fits

#711 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I guess I need to call them, not answering my emails.

yikes...
who is it ?

#725 9 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

Opened mine this weekend, great service from Nitro amusements in ensuring it all got here on time. So far this look great except for one flakey opto.

which opto?

#728 8 years ago

MMR power rebels !

#737 8 years ago

i think i'm last

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

The new badge of Honor for MMR is who gets it last.
I really think I'm last ...

sounds like a bet

#760 8 years ago

Congrats !!

#779 8 years ago

y'all can make fun of my MMRLE with Black Trim if it ever gets delivered

eor-1.jpgeor-1.jpg

1 week later
#840 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Use packaging which will protect a 300 pound, $8k product. I'm sure Stern can put them in touch with Sealed Air. It's probably cheaper in the long run to just pay for great packaging.

Yup !!

#843 8 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Well I have the shoes now just need the game,hoping export models are in this next batch.Shoe1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)shoe2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

holy h3ll... where'd those come from ?

you clearly didn't order the "black trim" and end up last on the shoe delivery list.

#871 8 years ago

i thought the MMR was so supposed to be the same as MM.
with "tight" glass, it sounds like the cabinet dimensions are wrong

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Seems like the channel is tighter not the cabinet width. I have no problem getting the glass off and I prefer it that way than being to loose where the glass sort of falls out after removing lock down bar.

are the positions/locations of the channel parts closer together than on MM?
...or are the channel parts a different design, with less space for the glass?

thx

#877 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wonder if it's all or just some. I've had 4 NIB Sterns and 3 of the channels were so lose that the glass would fall out once the lock bar was removed. On my most recent one (ST) it's super snug. The other 3 I put electrical tape on them to snug them up a bit and reduce the glass noise when the shaker goes off. On ST it doesn't need anything to prevent noise or sliding.
Makes me wonder if they changed the design (size) of the channel or if the mfg tolerances are large enough to effect the fit of the glass.
I'm addicted to this thread and the pics even though I didn't buy a MMR. I just can't help but to wonder if one of these will be in my house in the future some day. I really want a MM but my days of $8K machines is behind me for the unforeseeable future as we're adding another mouth to feed in the family

u can come over & enjoy mine any time, when it arrives
ordered "black" trim, so. . . could be a little while.

#879 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The glass is smooth and tight. It's actually pretty awesome. It's not hard to get out, it just feels different than the "lock bar off, glass slides off on its own" feeling you're used to.

ahhh cool. thanks.
my TAF glass drives me nuts when i take the bar off. it comes flying out every chance it gets. ...and with the coindoor still hanging open, yikes !

hopefully "too" tight doesn't increase the odds of an unlucky klutz like me putting in invisiglass and shattering it trying to wedge it in

#880 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Appreciate it! Between MMR and TRON LE it may be hard to get me to leave though

whew... was worried you'd hog the South Park the whole time

#884 8 years ago

#glassgate !!

#886 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'd take tight glass and black trim any day now

Preach on bro

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Must be those little screwdrivers bouncing around inside the cab.

hope mine comes with one.
would be cooler than the white russian on TBL.

Then i'd just need to find a couple of Loose Screws for a perfect pin experience.

screwdriver-1.jpgscrewdriver-1.jpg

#911 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Still Waiting
image.jpg

+1

how about meow ?

#913 8 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Anyone get #220? That was my reserved number and when I picked up my game Thursday that is what it said on the box. When I opened the box today the plaque and serial number on the back of the game were numbered 11. The date sticker on the back was April 27, 2015.

20150523_232829.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150523_233000.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
20150523_233043.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

wow... sounds like maybe they were unboxing some machines for some reason & got re-boxed incorrectly.

maybe you & whoever was supposed to get 11 can trade plaque/stickers ?

#928 8 years ago

could y'all let me know if you see any MMR/LE's out in the wild, when, where & what number?

thanks in advance

#933 8 years ago

fyi...

There are now 4 reports of MMRLE: Credit Dot Error's related to Date & Time being reset.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Update: 5 reports now.
Update: 6 reports now.
Update: 7 reports now.
Update: 8 reports now.

here --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit/page/2#post-2426699

#941 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wonder if this is tied to cold cutting the power to the beagle bone when the game power is cut.
CCC often loses settings/scores if the game has it's power cut, rather than shut down properly. Which is why I set mine up to use a power control board that shuts down the CPU safely after the pin.

good idea.
ps. since this morning, it's up to 11 people who've stated they have this Credit Dot Error with Date/Time. Wonder if it is actually 100% saturation with all shipped pins? I don't see a pattern yet by those effected.

#946 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

When the date/time are lost - are the high scores and audits lost also?

based on current reports, the high scores & audits are still maintained. (at the moment) only the date/time are identified as being lost. Still looking for more information.

#948 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Is it only Canadian machines?

hi,

doesn't look like it right now.

#952 8 years ago

gracias. thanks

#955 8 years ago

sweet !
...but i'm incredibly distracted by that Tron in the right corner of the video

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

That has been fixed and will be any new games produced and will be in the software update which will be coming soon.

You da man

3 weeks later
#992 8 years ago

looks like it's been 17 days since the last MMRLE was received.

2 weeks later
#1022 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I have a buddy in LA gets a SS version today ?
From Automated.Im waiting to hear from twisted pins,paid in full last June (2014) .I really hope things from now on things go well for everyone .

did it come today ?

#1056 8 years ago

any more pins get delivered this week ?

1 week later
#1125 8 years ago
Quoted from jsandjs:

Thanks Guys! I am extremely pleased with the game. Everyone who has one coming I think will be blown away.

hi,

when did you get your's? what trim & LE number?
any pix ?

cheers.

7 months later
#2928 8 years ago

Arrrg

#2939 8 years ago
Quoted from makeittogo:

I paid 2 weeks ago and number 765 Gold was delivered today. I think it shipped faster than my check cleared. Thanks PPS.

Congratz &

#2942 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I sent payment in full Today through PPS as I was told by Rick that there were machines done and ready to ship, but customers not paying in full, so I took one. Supposedly anywhere from 2-4 weeks shipped to my door. We will see. BTW, I decided to go with stainless since black seems to be a problem to get right and I just don't like the gold.

What's going on with the black trim?

#2943 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

waiting on black?

Yep. Something up?

#2945 8 years ago

Oh, wow. Didn't know dat.
Thx

#2947 8 years ago

Supposedly, the recent batch of powder coating on the black did not pass QC, so the games did not get produced. When I ordered Rick said stainless was on the line and I believe he said stainless and gold was on pallets ready to ship, but no payments from customers. I originally ordered black January 2015, but sold that spot after I thought I was moving. I later learned that I was about #60 in line to receive from JJP for black, so when I reordered I went with stainless. I think I like the classic look better anyway.

Do you know if any Black trims with low quality were shipped ?

#2951 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah. The trim was see through.
I keed, I keed. Someone had to do it.

I think the LEDs behind the trim are too bright. Have some milk jug plastic around here somewhere.

#2969 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Glad they are taking their time. If you move at Stern speeds you get Stern quality control.

I kinda think we are literally getting stern quality control, right?

Ps. Still waiting on MMRLE Black

#2985 8 years ago

Sorry if I missed it...

But, do we think this new software change that lets us adjust the LED brightness will be:
1. One setting/value that adjusts all LEDs the same?
2. Several settings that all us to adjust set groups of LEDs?
3. One setting that lets us adjust only the identified trouble LEDs?
4. A setting/value we can change that is unique for each LED to be controlled independently?
5. Other?
6. It's beer-30

1 week later
#2998 8 years ago

i'm told i have an MMRLE Black sitting in Dallas, waiting for the delivery guy to come back from being on vacation for a week, before he delivers it

#3002 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Oh suck!! Saddest story ever, after waiting for years. I feel ya bro, can't wait to see your unboxing.

TPF is in Dallas next week (thur-sun).
thinking about seeing if it can get delivered there instead. maybe unbox at the show ??

1 week later
#3038 8 years ago

Ordered black.

Received gold on Thursday.

Screw it... I've got a solution
Stay tuned for pix.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#3040 8 years ago

Keep the gold trim and be bold and do the new trim in Purple or something crazy.

I'm going for pink with glitter & bedazzled lockdown bar

#3043 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

How are your inserts? Has that problem been fixed?

Stay tuned for pix

#3051 8 years ago

I think there's like 30-50 black trim getting redone back at the plant. Lots were shipped back.

#3061 8 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

I ordered from him, was great to work with for me. Sent him the down payment, then when the game was ready to ship got an email and mailed him the rest. Game showed up the next week.

any general dates when that happened?

#3078 8 years ago

Well, that's a new one to add to the list

See other no-power related items here on page 1. Some of these might be what's happening?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

1 week later
#3104 8 years ago

#3105 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3190 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine landed a year ago today! Still enjoying it! Want the damn color update tho

MMr_1_yr_(resized).jpg

hey... you're back

#3191 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I was told exactly this line, word for word, 3 times. Once in January. Once in early March, and the last time 3 weeks ago. I was told by Doug @ CGC that they have now received subpar black trim 5 times - and yes, they keep going back to the same supplier. So while we "black" folks all want to get excited that the trim is on its way, this anticipation followed by another month delay has already happened 5 times before. Insane.

i ordered black.
they accidentally delivered gold.
i sent it back, then called them & said bring it back.
figured i might never see the black trim pin show up.

#3197 8 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

My guess is that CGC missed it's scheduled window on the line at Stern.
And Stern is using both lines to help meet their demand on pins.
This is just a guess and I assume they're waiting for the next window that Stern can offer on the line.

Yup

It's been far too long for it to just be some paint.

1 week later
#3323 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Exactly. Also, woz is much better of a machine than mmr is/ever will be

ummmmm......

2 months later
#4041 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Anyone else unbox one with a plain wood bottom like mine, or did I get the super limited???

you're the 1st one i've heard of, so far.

#4048 7 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

Was thinking about selling my stainless mmr. Haven't made a fs thread. Pm me if your tired of waiting.

Does it have dark insert ink or transparent ?

Had to do it...

1 week later
#4069 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

No the reason you are happy with your game is that they were finally shamed into NOT sending their customers faded factory second PF's!
This issue was not "made bigger"... and there are a lot of your fellow customers that are now stuck with the irregular PF's that DON'T think they are stunning and will be worth less when they sell.
So if you got a good one... great. Thank the people that complained as they sent out the bad product and enabled you to get a good one. Don't make assumptions - read the history and be thankful you got a decent PF.

preach on brother !

point of reference > https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

#4072 7 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

In regards to the playfield i agree 100%. Defect playfields should not have been send out. My ink is dark enough for me however compared to an original mm it could have been better. I think the leds and the insert choice are mostly to blame.
However there have been some minor issues that were taken out of proportion a lot. For example the coin mechs, trim color (mustard poop?), display issues, etc. I've ordered my game on day one and i have been on the fence to cancel many times because of the negativity however i'm glad i didn't. I've been on pinside for a long time however i feel that in the past years a very small group of individuals are trying to focus on the bad stuff instead of the enjoyments of our hobby.

i'd balance that with companies choosing to lower quality and support over time as well.

the idea of "just sit back and take it & be grateful you even get anything" is not an easy pill to swallow.

#4075 7 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Of all the mistakes made by CGC in this process hiring Stern to build their games wouldn't seem to be the issue. That decision is the only reason they have been able to ship 1000 games at this point in time. If they do this prepare for Wayne 2.0 where everyone sends their money while CGC sit on top of that big pile and realize that assembling pinball playfields is actually hard (and expensive).

kinda what i was thinking too.

#4078 7 years ago
Quoted from KloggMonkey:

Got my Standard on Wednesday, late to post, been installing protectors and white rubber.
Here are the unboxing photos.

Cool. Congratz
it's play-time !

#4087 7 years ago
Quoted from Elwood_BE:

Before lifting the playfield and maybe have a problem, someone can tell me what is secured by this bolt ?

did it come that way, or were you unscrewing it & took pic ?

2 weeks later
#4124 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I just love the look of the black trim machines! My initial order was for black, but I knew they were making the gold ones first so made the switch to gold in order to reduce the wait time; after seeing them, I almost wish I hadn't.

not sure it'll make you feel any better... but...
i ordered black & they delivered gold.

1 week later
#4128 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Since there seem to be many NIB "horror" stories, I thought I would add my own positive experience. I am not implying that there aren't buyers with real grievances. However, it may sometimes seem like the majority of buyers have negative experiences given the balance of posts and I would like to add a different perspective.
My NIB MMr seemed fine right out of the box. However, two problems eventually surfaced. However, both were eventually solved to my full satisfaction, thanks to help from my distributor (Larry at Flip'n Out), Lloyd, and CGC.
Issue 1 was that a mis-shaped wireform was causing some erratic ball movement. With help from Lloyd, I was able to identify the area of the problem. With a little follow-up from my distributor, CGC provided a replacement. The problem was completely resolved.
Issue 2 was that a driver board was becoming unseated and causing several solenoids to stop working. Again, Lloyd was able to spot the problem. A few minutes with a screwdriver, a consultation with CGC, and the issue was completely fixed.
Lessons:
A) Lloyd is an asset to the hobby and will help you with his dying breath. OK, so everyone already knew that. But especially helpful is that Lloyd can help take a vague problem description and turn it into a specific action for CGC to take. See c) below.
B) Regardless of one's technical repair skills, everyone needs a good distributor that can advocate for one's problems in discussions with the manufacturer. Larry at Flip'n Out worked well for me, but each person may have different needs.
C) CGC may have a slower turn-around time than many of us would like, but they did respond to all of my tickets that included clear and concise requests for action.
D) Medieval Madness is still the king. Non-pinheads know nothing about the Pinside rankings nor of "original" vs "remake", but all visitors to my house have expressed preference for it over every other machine that has come through my house.

sorry, your general happiness, calmness and rational choice of wording is far too confusing for pinside
glad is playing great. Besides the sound upgrade, have you made other mods on yours?

#4130 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Mantis protectors, speakers, that's it.

nice. i picked up some little playfield characters on a trip to London a few years ago, in hopes they'll fit on the playfield.
now just have to find where they went

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.