IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highdef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1050 8 years ago

Nice basement @mamemaster

4 months later
#2100 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Got tired of waiting, so posting a pic of a tail gate delivery!

Congrats! Did you give up your spot?

5 months later
#3243 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I wish they would ship some more games so we can see some unboxing in this thread instead of just complaining about inserts.

As someone who is waiting on their MMR, I feel this is a legitimate "complaint." Unboxings bring out these types of flaws and help the community and those vested in this machine.

#3345 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I have a paid in full stainless through PPS and it still is not delivered.

I believe I'm standing behind you in the SS line. From what Rick said, it looks like we will see our games very soon. Hopefully, with proper inserts.

#3375 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

My standard is being delivered tomorrow.

I'm curious to see how your inserts look.

#3381 7 years ago

No disrespect to standard buyers, but this is a kick in the sack to those with outstanding LE preorders.

#3450 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Does anyone know what shaker motors besides the PPS one will work?

FYI-
Per Rick at PPS, you void the warranty with a non-CGC shaker motor.
"The CGC shaker motor was UL tested and approved as part of the MMR, so any other option would not be UL compliant."

#3467 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Aftermarket parts do not void a warranty. If Rick did say that, he is wrong. In order for a Mfg. to deny warranty coverage, they must prove that any aftermarket part(s) caused the defect you're trying to get fixed under warranty. On top of that, as of May, 2015 the FTC ruled it is a violation for a manufacturer to even imply that you are required to use their authorized parts to maintain your warranty coverage.
What Rick [hopefully] said is that 3rd party shaker motors are not UL tested in the machine and therefore he's not responsible if your machine catches fire and/or explodes.

You're wrong, but who cares? Don't shoot the messenger. I've worked in CE for 20+ years, so I'm not a rookie on warranties. This doesn't affect me as an MMR LE owner, but I thought it was interesting enough to share here.
So again, this is what Rick posted on PPS forum:

PPS_(resized).jpgPPS_(resized).jpg

#3469 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you're saying that Rick is making dubious threats about voiding the warranty that likely violate FTC regs? I refuse to believe it.

1 week later
#3710 7 years ago

MMR LE #843 hit the Pacific Ocean this morning. I wouldn't have purchased this pin without all the great feedback from you (the community), so thank you. I will officially unbox it after I finish painting the room.

FWIW, I purchased directly through PPS. Rick was a pro on executing the sale and shipping info, especially since I was in the process of moving. I didn't have any questions or concerns, but if I did, I know he would personally respond in a timely manner. I would purchase from PPS again.

IMG_20160525_095935_(resized).jpgIMG_20160525_095935_(resized).jpg

#3741 7 years ago

MMR_(resized).jpgMMR_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#3849 7 years ago

I received my MMR LE on 5/25/16 (last week) and posted a photo here immediately after delivery. The carton looked fine -- no areas of concern including clamping or crush points. I had an incident of concealed damage (new TV) in the past, so I'm pretty alert when it comes to signing off on deliveries.
I did notice a piece of brown tape on the back corner, but there wasn't an indention nor any sign of damage. The opposite back corner was pretty much flawless.

I decided to unbox it tonight to get it prepped for transport upstairs (shrinkwrap, blankets, etc.). I discovered a nice scratch on the left side of the cabinet (which matches up with where the outer tape is placed).

I'd like to believe it was R+L Carriers who concealed the damage, but who knows? I know these things happen, but it's the last thing I want to deal with right now. I have absolutely no time (or patience) for DIY decal replacement.

DUST: Mine was covered in sawdust. It's the same fine powder you'll find in a speaker cabinet factory, except they do a proper job of wiping their products before packing. Don't believe those who say it's from the carton because it's NOT.

I also have a long faint scratch on the lockdown bar, along with a rust-like blemish on the corner of it. Needless to say, I've initiated a support ticket. Passing off the cruddy lockdown bar is pretty shady on an $8,000 item -- even if it's to a route operator.

shipment_(resized).jpgshipment_(resized).jpg
Inside_carton_(resized).jpgInside_carton_(resized).jpg
Scratch_(resized).jpgScratch_(resized).jpg
lockbar_(resized).jpglockbar_(resized).jpg
lockbar2_(resized).jpglockbar2_(resized).jpg

#3851 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In a previous post PPS said you should file a claim against the shipper. He had no answer what to do if it was a defect from the factory.
So at least you have somebody to place a claim with.

I already started looking into that process, but evidently, they require the original Bill of Lading and a bunch of other documents which have to be snail mailed to their Claims Dept. I'm going to let CGC confirm if they would ship a product with brown shipping tape affixed to the carton. I'm positive they're going to say no, which means I'll need to flip it over to R+L. Not the end of the world, but it doesn't excuse CGC from their lack of QC on the other aforementioned issues.

#3852 7 years ago

(double post)

#3873 7 years ago

I have faith CPG will step up and take care of you, just as they are doing for me. FWIW, both PPS and CGC got back to me right away over the weekend, which in my opinion, definitely proves their customer service and integrity. Yes, I know it's an $8K machine, but they have no control over the manhandling that occurs with shipping. I like your attitude and mentality Havoc. I, too, am thankful to finally own MM.

#3889 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Well that is one pretty yellow car. I cannot quite tell what it is?

Looks like a Ferrari.

1 week later
#3914 7 years ago

I'm curious to know what others think of this quality. The excess wire gouged the decal finish on one side. This is the first time I've seen a NIB like this.

IMG_20160619_183543_1__(resized).jpgIMG_20160619_183543_1__(resized).jpg

IMG_20160619_183626_1__(resized).jpgIMG_20160619_183626_1__(resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highdef.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=highdef and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.