IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1211 8 years ago

I look forward to my MMR LE Black along with anything else in the top 20 he can remake. CV, TOTAN, seem doable and MB, AFM, AF, & TZ would be great. $8k a pop would be fine for me if the quality is there. My biggest reason for buying a NIB of these machines is the modern circuit technology vs the head full of old boards and connectors. $8k is reasonable when you consider (if it is well engineered and built) that the game should be much less problematic.

I like what JJP is doing as well, but it does concern me a bit with new designs not knowing about problems that might crop up such as play field damage areas, etc.

Heck, I even like my $3k NIB Stern Monopoly. I know many dog on that game, but it is a solid game that anyone can play and requires little maintenance. I like my machines to look perfect and ready to play. A lot harder to do with a 18-30 year old machine. Some people love to tinker and that is cool also - buy an old machine.

#1220 8 years ago

Have no idea when they will post a new game, but I do believe that the announcement will not be out until the game is in production. Like I said, I really like the MMR. The quality appears to be there and the electronics makes sense. I do know that I will not be buying TOTAN or CV until I see what pin is next. If a pin can be remade with newer technology and still have quality builds it makes sense to have a new one. If it takes 5 years to get the ones I want then that is fine. Meanwhile, would like to see more new games as well from other manufacturers.

#1223 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Was Monster Bash or Attack from Mars unofficially announced?

Not by anyone associated with PPS. My guess is that they would do the low hanging fruit like TOTAN, TOM, or CV since they do not require a license. The CV is low production and would sell easily I would imagine. If they did one machine a year that would be a nice pace.

#1225 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There was a good reason for that. Nobody bought it!

Pinball was all but dead in the commercial market in 1998. I watched a routed CV bring almost $7k on eBay Sunday. The have a cool factor in the way they look, the lower DMD, etc.

#1230 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They should probably ship all the games that have been paid for before announcing another.

I agree with that 100%. They knew MMR would be a huge success. They should have just waited until the machines were ready to ship and then announced. They would have sold out immediately and then could have sold non-LEs as well. I think they have learned from the mistake. If it takes $5 million in upfront capital to fund projects they need to find it first.

I think AFM would be great, but not sure it is low hanging fruit since they may have to deal with licensing issues due to the movie?

#1234 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

AFM wasn't based off of movie.

I did not know that. I have never played that machine, but hear it is very good. Then, yes, I suppose it would be low hanging fruit for sure.

#1237 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I guess another question is will they release the full color display update for the first remake before they announce the second.

The color would be nice, but not a huge deal to me. I know a lot of people would like to see it though.

#1287 8 years ago

Well, units are shipping and so far the problems have been few. The biggest being the slightly damaged slingshot area. A couple of sound issues and video tearing which I hear is rectified. I guess I understand the concerns, but the griping about things that just are seems a little old now. If you don't like the way things are going then don't buy the next one. Rick's biggest screw up was taking pre-orders. How long did WOZ take to come out? Where is the Hobbit? This stuff all takes time I guess. At least he is making good on the product and is delivering instead of just walking off with the money. I'm happy it is taking some time. I have a better chance that my machine will have less probability of flaws that are being discovered. It's all good.

#1322 8 years ago

It appears to me that if you don't like the remake then you probably do not like the original. I have been told by people that own both that there is no difference in play or construction quality. I'm sure there are some upset people that own the original that paid $15k that are not happy a new one can be had for $8k with LEDs, shaker, and simple/modern electronics.

#1323 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Conjunction junction what's your function

Hookin' up Phrases and Clauses

#1324 8 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

I've had mine for a few weeks and it plays like a beast! Took a bit to dial it in and setup all the flipper/coil strength adjustments. Plays awesome!

For the benefit of those that have not received the machine, could you please post those settings?

#1334 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Was told that my MMr will be one the first JJP receives.
Unfortunately, they haven't heard a thing on the delivery of my pin.

I have a black JJP order paid in full in January. looking forward to it!

#1343 8 years ago

I like the stainless over the gold. I have a black on order since I bought someone else's spot that had black. Stainless or black is fine either way with me.

#1345 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If they ever get around to making black, that'll be great.

I'm not sure why there is a lag for different colors. We are just talking legs, side rails, and lock down bar, correct? It seems like all those parts could be made and waiting and just assemble them as they were paid for in that order. Then again, I know little about production practices and schedules.

#1347 8 years ago

Yeah, it has been painful. I think they are cranking them out pretty good right now. If they can get out a couple hundred per month it will be wrapped up soon.

#1359 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I plan on picking up my MMr too...(once I get the call).

I'm doing the same thing. My box truck is ready to go.

#1409 8 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

I was told last week, the my Black MMR will be shipped in the next couple weeks. My dist asked for full payment, and it has been sent. Hopefully not much longer.

Let me know when it is ready. If it is ready when my Black MMr is ready I will pick yours up in my box truck and drop it off to you on my way back to Auburn, IN. Will save you the shipping cost and possible damage. You can ride along with me if you like.

#1454 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

o be the LE came with a vague pro

And shaker motor along with choice of colors.

#1457 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree.
I've been PIF for 14 months now.
If my machine doesn't come this month...JJP will be hearing from my lawyer so I can get a refund.

What will your attorney do other than send you a bill for $400 or so? If you want your money back all you have to do is ask. I do agree that the wait is ridiculous, but attorney talk will just cost you more money. Your letter does nothing but generate revenue for him. If you sue JJP you will do so in his state and that will cost you about $3k in fees and you will lose the case and your money. Your case will not even be heard until your machine is shipped. Letters from attorneys are laughable most of the time.

1 week later
#1531 8 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I know you're kidding here but Katie from JJP told me that they had to send a couple games back to PPS because of shipping damage. I'm just glad that isn't the case with mine.

Exactly why I am picking mine up at CGC. Too long of a wait to wait another 6 months to get it fixed. Sending pinball machines by freight is about as precise and careful as having incisions by your surgeon done with a chainsaw.

1 week later
#1567 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Still waiting on my Black Trim. The only communication I have received from JJP since I ordered 2 years ago is an email from Jen promoting the Hobbit.

LOL, I got the same email. I was excited to get an email from them thinking my black MMr was ready. Nope, Hobbit for sale along with WOZ.

1 month later
#2055 8 years ago

I might sell my Black Trim LE spot as I am likely moving soon and will be selling my entire collection. I paid in full January of this year to JJP. From what I can tell the black trim seems to be the most desired, but then again, everyone is different. If anyone wants it PM me. I would sell it for the $8000 I paid for it. You would pay JJP and JJP would refund me.

2 weeks later
#2175 8 years ago

The question then becomes: Did your distributor pay CGC for the game when you paid in full or are they waiting to pay CGC as their bank account sees fit?

2 months later
#2872 8 years ago

Why is PPS "deactivated?"

#2874 8 years ago

OK, but couldn't he just have ignored the thread? I assume "deactivated" means that he will not post on anything.

So, does that lead to any indication that MMR is done?

I'm not sure why the licensing holder would remove himself completely from the largest pinball forum. I can understand why he may withdraw from a conversation, but not leave entirely.

1 week later
#2940 8 years ago

I sent payment in full Today through PPS as I was told by Rick that there were machines done and ready to ship, but customers not paying in full, so I took one. Supposedly anywhere from 2-4 weeks shipped to my door. We will see. BTW, I decided to go with stainless since black seems to be a problem to get right and I just don't like the gold.

#2946 8 years ago

Supposedly, the recent batch of powder coating on the black did not pass QC, so the games did not get produced. When I ordered Rick said stainless was on the line and I believe he said stainless and gold was on pallets ready to ship, but no payments from customers. I originally ordered black January 2015, but sold that spot after I thought I was moving. I later learned that I was about #60 in line to receive from JJP for black, so when I reordered I went with stainless. I think I like the classic look better anyway.

2 weeks later
#3014 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Do you happen to know what issues? I was hoping to hear that the black trim was back and going on the line...
I just ordered a Ghostbusters Premium, I wonder which one will arrive first.

LOL, I just ordered a GB LE. I had a MMR black on order and canceled it. I then decided to get back in and paid for a stainless MMR. It will be interesting to see which one arrives first.

#3039 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ordered black.
Received gold on Thursday.

Screw it... I've got a solution
Stay tuned for pix.

Keep the gold trim and be bold and do the new trim in Purple or something crazy.

4 weeks later
#3165 8 years ago

Who was your distributor for the stainless? I have one through PPS and supposedly mine was #3 on the assembly line a few weeks ago.

#3195 7 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

I write every two weeks for an update on shipping and keep getting the same reply about the delay because of the black trim. I was #5 in line to have it shipped over two months ago. I asked to get another color but they weren't able to switch. I wouldn't mind the stainless.

I don't think stainless will help you. I was #3 to be shipped a stainless 3 weeks ago. As far as I can tell mine has not been built yet. For some reason it appears nothing (or very little) is being built right now. I am not sure why, but I have heard that CGC is waiting for payments from MMR distributors or customers of those distributors. While that may be partially true, mine is paid in full along with many others, so that cannot be the full story. Maybe GB is so popular they have pushed MMR aside? Maybe QC problems with more than just black trim? Hard to say for sure.

1 week later
#3292 7 years ago

Wow, serial #985. Highest number I have seen. Sure would like to get the message that my Stainless is shipping. Maybe I will get 1000, lol.

#3344 7 years ago

I have a paid in full stainless through PPS and it still is not delivered.

#3363 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

My standard is being delivered tomorrow.

That is good for you, but really upsets me. I have had a paid in full stainless LE on order from PPS and have not received mine. It will likely be my last CGC new machine.

#3484 7 years ago

Just received a call from R&L Carriers that my LE is shipping tomorrow afternoon. I will post my thoughts about the insert quality, etc.

#3486 7 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Is there a real difference between the LE and Standard? Would someone go for a low play MMr LE probably gold trim or just get a new Standard shipped in the box. Probably both close to the same price after shipping.

You get a Shaker and a real wood cabinet bottom from what I understand. Other than that it is just the LE status with plaques.

I do not like the gold trim, so I ordered a stainless and would probably get a standard if it was between a used Gold LE and a new standard.

#3515 7 years ago

SS 835 is here. Came undamaged and looks good from what I can see. Glad I went with stainless. Classic look. The cabinet art is very nice. Will report on the inserts when I get it in the basement tonight.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3519 7 years ago

Game set up and operates perfectly.I have not fine leveled the playfield yet, but everything works as it should. Very high quality build from what I can see.

As far as the insert ink goes: Yes, it is too light, especially the lower inserts. The inserts for "jackpot, lock, etc." that are "3D" are plenty dark and show up great, but the rest of them are too light and the print almost looks brown. After seeing the game in person I can tell you without a doubt that CGC claiming that the LEDs are the problem does not pass the smell test. It is not a deal breaker to me as the rest of the machine is exceptionally nice, but I wish they would just say "yeah, the ink is too light and we will do better next time" instead of making up false stories about the LEDs being too bright.

A few things I will be changing right away:

1. The backbox speaker trim. It is cheap plastic and looks bare without the Williams logo.
2. Better speakers and hooking up the Polk PSW 10 subwoofer.
3. Undercab lighting to brighten it up a bit.

Other than that, I really like the machine - especially being stainless. It has the classic look.

Now, I just need my GBLE to put next to it!

2016-05-18_00.19.38_(resized).jpg2016-05-18_00.19.38_(resized).jpg

2016-05-18_00.20.10_(resized).jpg2016-05-18_00.20.10_(resized).jpg

#3534 7 years ago

I just wish they would say "yes, the inserts are lighter than they should be and we will do better next time." I like my MMr and the inserts are not a deal killer, but I probably won't buy another title from CGC due to their denial that the inserts are sub par and offering (for a fee) a fix that does not correct the issue. After viewing it in person it is evident that the ink is simply too thin. My other games with VERY bright aftermarket LEDs and others with factory LEDs have very dark insert ink that is very readable.

With all this said, the machine is very nice quality. I don't see it leaving my collection for a very long time.

#3572 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I was going to get one, but opted for a GBLE instead after seeing how CGC/PPS dropped the ball with the issue.

I bought both. GBLE will sit next to MMr.

#3576 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

I have a standard on order. If I get a playfield with faded/transparent inserts, and that's the only issue, I'm going to be disappointed, but will still enjoy the game and probably be more happy than upset with my purchase.
What is more troubling than the faded inserts is CGC apparent lack of any customer service and communication skills whatsoever. Mistakes get made in the manufacturing sector all the time - anything from a rubber band to a 300 million dollar passenger jet can have quality control issues. It's the response to these issues that determines whether the company is going to stick around in the long term or not.
If CGC would just say "Hey, a batch of playfields were produced with less ink on inserts than others. We are really sorry about this. We hope you still enjoy your game and as a token of appreciation for our customers, those customers that have documented issues with the inserts will get the upcoming colorization upgrade for free", it would result in a ton of goodwill and ultimately cost CGC nothing.
With CGC's inability to respond to any customer service issue is what is really worrying me about my game. What if one of the boards fails in a year or two? Am I going to have a $8k brick? Will it take me 6 months to have them respond to a trouble ticket? Ultimately, if they don't pick up their customer service game, this will be my first and last purchase from them.

Well said and without profanity - thank you. I feel exactly the same. CGC due to delays and sub par playfields should simply throw a bone to the affected buyers and communicate the issues. If they offered me free color for the sub par playfield I would be fine with it. Instead, they will offer to sell me a diffuser which does nothing to address the problem or compensate.

Love the game otherwise, but will be my last one from them unless they admit to the quality of the playfield ink and give some compensation for it. The claim that the LEDs are too bright is laughable - especially when the exact same LEDs are in the earlier MMrs and they have no insert issues. It is a shame.

#3583 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This. Those of us who don't have MMR might be interested in ???R down the road, but if all you MMR buyers let PPS/CGC get away with shipping shit without any fight, they have no reason to improve either their product OR customer service. This helps no one except PPS and CGC and sets an awful precedent for future games from this company.

It will hurt them also. I won't buy another title unless they admit the ink problem on my MMr. I won't gripe and complain, but I will just add another Stern to the collection instead.

#3585 7 years ago

Yeah, reality is the fact that people will fork over cash for new machines regardless of the faults. Like I said, MMR overall is very nice and I am happy with it when considering the big picture. My concern is that going forward it may not be supported correctly due to less than honest assessment of the inserts. I think most owners would be happy with a small concession for the insert problem and the ones that will not take a concession would be happy with a refund. If CGC would do this I believe they could restore their credibility.

We shall see.

#3670 7 years ago

My inserts look exactly the same. Definitely better than many of them, but not as good as the first run. Change out the speakers to dual cone and a powered subwoofer and you will have a completely different sounding machine.

#3672 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

What size dual cone and what brand sounds best?

These work great. Fit perfect and sound great. Make sure you see the thread about replacing MMr speakers showing the wiring changes:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TSG1345R-5-25-Inch-2-Way-Speakers/dp/B00NF5EQHK

#3684 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Owners need to check the impedance ohm rating on these speakers before purchase and install.
The Pioneer TS-G1343R model shows the incorrect proper rating of 4 ohms, I cannot find what the listed Pioneer TSG1345R are in design, but my suspicions are they are the same design.
If a person does not understand why, just PM me, as I will not go into details in an unboxing thread.

Yes, that is why you have to wire them in series to double the resistance. There is a thread on "upgrading MMr speakers" showing how to wire it. It takes about 20 minutes total to swap out the speakers and wire them correctly.

#3745 7 years ago

I could care less if the standard buyers get a few perks. Good for them. It would be nice if CGC threw us LE owners a bone with free color for the 2+ year wait, but it is what it is.

#3749 7 years ago

Their #2 will have no color options for trim.

2 weeks later
#3899 7 years ago

I have had my machine for 3 weeks now. Finally beat BFTK with a total score of 284,000,000. Ready for the color display and the fix for the faint callouts now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 9.95
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.