IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago

Finally, something positive to see. Would love to see some unboxing photos.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why does it say Chicago Gaming on it?

They are the designers aren't they?

6 months later
#1740 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes they are, Game #2 is functionally up and running ... trim option will not be included on game #2, nor will pre-orders ...

Smart move. I hope CGC is as smart in the decision on pricing for game 2.

2 months later
#2414 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Rick?
PPS said:
Sorry but yet another small supplier who disappeared and left customers hanging ...
He was your MMr distro. Any problems there?

I thought he was referring to the Whitewater topper fiasco when he said that. I hope that has no bearing on the MMr purchases.

#2416 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

He was and I hope so too. Some clarification would be nice.

I never would have thought it would take well over two years to build 1000 of a remake game, especially if you told me Stern was doing the assembly.

#2418 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stern has only been involved about one year. And except for the move to the new building, the reason things are rolling.
LTG : )

Yes, I know. I am not blaming Stern. It is just very surprising that things have been held up so much. When we all heard Stern would be doing the assembly I think most figured they would build at least around 200 a month. Obviously there has been some poor project management on the part of the Chicago Gaming and/or PPS people.
It is a damn shame that people that ordered from certain distributors are somewhat worried that their money may have been lost/stolen and the communications or lack thereof has done little to ease that worry.

3 weeks later
#2565 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

And set up the machine this morning...here's the surprises.
1. Upon closer inspection, the warning sheet taped the the playfield was a STERN Star Trek sheet. Hilarious!
2. Left troll does not work at all.
3. Right troll jams.
4. The back box key does not work with the lock at all. Until they send me a new lock and key, I will have to remove the screws to get in.
5. Two of the four metal leg protector plates were misaligned with the leg holes.
6. Indeed as noted by others, many / most of the inserts do not have white ink behind the black lettering. The result is the black lettering looks transparent and almost disappears when lit. No real fix for that. This is a January 26th machine. Despite all this, I still really appreciate this machine. Not every day that you get to open and set up a brand new Williams type game.
Can't wait to install this NOS Williams gold speaker panel that I've been holding on to for over two years.

20160130_091922_(resized).jpg20160130_110817_(resized).jpg20160130_095249_(resized).jpg

Cut the zip ties to unleash the trolls.

1 week later
#2708 8 years ago

If it is not an extra playfield with correctly printed letters then I am guessing free color software.

2 months later
#3341 7 years ago

Are the LEs still being delivered? How about those that ordered from Twisted Pins?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3365 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

I'm really excited to be getting the machine. That said, I don't understand what the hold up is for you guys getting the LE's. Its the same game as my standard, except yours have a shaker, maybe painted rails/legs and an extra sticker on the Apron.
I ordered from a large distributor - Automated in CT. I wonder if bigger distributors get preference, as they are buying way more games?

Some are saying they ordered through PPS and some through Twisted Pins. Are there any other distributors still waiting for their customer's LEs?

#3368 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

F&*#ing weak
No offense to you, but this pisses me off as a bunch of us are still waiting for our LEs.

This is insanity for them to be building Standards before the LEs are finished.. Is CGC trying to bring in some additional cash flow to be able to finish the run of MMR? They would have to be very poorly run to burn all their pre-order money without even having to build an assembly plant the way JJP did.

#3374 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

JJP has a bunch of people waiting on black, Katie told me she hopes mine will be ready to ship in the next couple weeks, maybe sooner. But with no communication coming from CGC or PPS with production updates we are just left guessing as to whether or not machines are being built...
Now standards are shipping, with the excuse that it's because they are waiting for payments from LE customers. Clearly there are a lot of us who have paid. So I'd like to know why our machine aren't being shipped.
Rant over, let's all get back to playing some pinball. ?

Different excuses from a different manufacturer, but the general approach seems eerily familiar.

#3380 7 years ago

Edit, I see that the serial numbers are jumping around so the number does not appear to be in the order of manufacturing units.

#3441 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Unboxed her Wednesday night. Looks just like a stainless LE, but missing the apron sticker and shaker. Its a lot of fun, my kids cannot stop playing it.
Now they just need to release the latest code, some of the callouts are a little hard to understand.

What is the deal with all the dust?

dusty_(resized).JPGdusty_(resized).JPG

#3564 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I didn't down vote it, but I think some people are tired of the insert issue derailing the unboxing thread. Especially when several threads already exist to discuss the inserts.

What do you expect when doughslingers posted pictures focusing on the inserts on what looks to be a Standard with improved insert ink, and the LEs still have not all been shipped?

#3588 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This. Those of us who don't have MMR might be interested in ???R down the road, but if all you MMR buyers let PPS/CGC get away with shipping shit without any fight, they have no reason to improve either their product OR customer service. This helps no one except PPS and CGC and sets an awful precedent for future games from this company.

The CGC ship sailed already for many of us because of lack of responsiveness. The way a company responds to complaints on quality control issues means a lot to me.

#3600 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Not too good with Math or too rushed to comment and didn't read what I wrote? Doesn't matter. If you don't have anything to contribute, just stay on the sidelines.
--
Yes, I'm getting an MMR. Still waiting for my own defective playfield LE from JJP.

Just a reminder but staying on the sidelines, suppressing speech, and burying heads in the sand was how people got into the Shit-B and JPlop messes.

1 month later
#4004 7 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I sure hope someone goes after Twisted Pins. Just not right.

What is the latest on them and MMR?

2 weeks later
#4054 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Whatever happened to the Twisted Pins customers?

Where are the Twisted Pins MMr customers? Have you all received your games?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement
Other
$ 26.50
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.