IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 9 years ago

Can't wait until my gold trim arrives, whenever that will be. Love the look from the pictures and glad to hear that you like it even better in person. Everyone is going to have their own tastes. I kind of agree that perhaps some gold trim on the back box would have been nice, but that may be doable as a mod. I'm already thinking some speaker mods, maybe the pingraffix blades. Not sure about the apron, will have to see how that looks in person.

Gah, I can't wait!

#167 9 years ago

Yeah, like the look of the more matte gold trim than a chromy finish. I would be constantly having to clean and polish fingerprints off that everyday and for some reason it doesn't seem to fit the game as much as it would with something more like LOTR.

Was never really a big fan of the standard chrome either and black is well...kinda meh. Nope, even though I don't have mine yet, I'm still pretty darn sure I'm going to be very happy with the gold trim.

#212 9 years ago

Would like to see some video of other dmd colors if someone can figure the menu system out. It was mentioned over at PPS that single color options are available, including 8(I believe) preset colors, plus full RGB custom value control. Then of course, multi-color to come later.

#315 9 years ago

Interesting how in the bootup sequence of the DMD the logo is in full color. It certainly shows its capability. I guess it is just a matter of coding all the sequences for multicolor and getting the look right at this point. I was hoping that Marc might have a comment on the tearing in his review.

#361 9 years ago

Deleted

#366 9 years ago

BTW, regarding the screen tearing issue, this was posted over on the PPS forum.

CGC has fixed the 'tearing' issue - which is barely noticeable, does not effect gameplay, and most people find it hard to see or describe. It will be released in an upcoming software update.

thanks.

#399 9 years ago

Thanks, I just spewed my morning coffee all over my monitor.

#431 8 years ago

Looking at the pic above and the placement of the start button, I assume you are all talking about its position on the shield. I guess it is some OCD perfection centering thing, cause I really don't see that big a deal. Does it really need to be dead on center? It's not like it's hanging over the edge or anything or anywhere close. I dunno, to each there own, but it's not even remotely going to bug me.

3 weeks later
#702 8 years ago

Oh nice! That's the first time I've seen someone post gold on the DMD. It looks awesome! I am for sure going to use that color on mine whenever I get it, at least until full color is released.

1 week later
#786 8 years ago

Since I've never bought or owned a NIB before, do any of them typically have anywhere near the amount of issues the MMR seems to be having on this first production run?

Some of the stuff that seems to be slipping past whatever QC they have(if any) seems rather unconscionable, especially for the amount of money being spent on a very niche item. Yes, it's a complex machine, but I just find it hard to believe that one should just "expect" a certain amount of slop upon receiving their machine.

I don't think you can blame it all on poor shipping practices, although I'm sure that may be the cause of some of the problems. But things like missing screws, things left unconnected or miswired, balls left in the trough, misaligned flippers, and on and on.

I still have my gold trim on order and it is likely now it will be made in the new facility. I can only hope that they apply a higher standard of assembly and QC, as well as perhaps take another look at their packaging to ensure unmolested delivery(at least on par with all other pinballs today).

Am I completely off base here? Overreacting? I just don't want to see them drop the ball in the last mile when they've worked so hard to make the MMR a reality, especially over what seems to be such trivial matters.

#800 8 years ago

I'm still pretty new to pinball, at least as a home owner. I'm still figuring stuff out on the maintenance/upkeep side of things, and I'm still not entirely comfortable being able to diagnose and fix every problem that might need fixing. So taking delivery of a machine that may potentially have game breaking problems right out of the box that I may or may not have the know-how to fix on my own, does not sound appealing at all. Not for $8k.

The thing is, for the amount of money that I've decided I'm willing to spend to own one of these, I would much rather wait whatever amount of time needed to make sure that it is built right at the factory, inspected, tested, and given the seal of approval before packing up and shipping. That's the LEAST I would expect for any high price item like this. This is not some toy coming off some sweat-shop assembly line(at least I hope those are/were not the conditions setup).

I sense what might be going on is a rush to get units out because of the long delay in getting the project to this point and every day that goes by is money out of their pocket. If that's the case it's a shame because I would want the attention to detail they put into recreating every part of the game, continue down to the assembly of every single machine that ships. Have some pride at least.

1 week later
#868 8 years ago

How exactly are they going to help you, out of curiosity? Not sure how they plan on addressing these cabinet damage issues.

I've heard many reports about the tight glass. What's the deal with that? Is it a design flaw, or a problem during assembly? Wouldn't that be something obvious before going into full production? Nobody wants to wrestle with glass removal. Whenever you have to try and force something there's always a greater risk of causing damage or breaking the glass if you are not careful.

It would be nice to hear something from someone at CGC about addressing many of these concerns once they start production back up in the new Stern facility. Are they just going to pick up where they left off with no changes, or are they going to take the time to address them? Not just the assembly, but the packaging and shipping too. They need to have a serious chat with the shipping being used about too many damage claims.

#881 8 years ago

Then it may be a matter of perspective then. I have only owned a LOTR and (currently)ST and both of them the glass certainly never slides out on its own with the lock bar off. It is held in snuggly but removing the glass is smooth and easy as far as I'm concerned.

So maybe it is different with other machines and some are super loose by comparison? Can anyone compare it to a ST for example, so I can get a better idea of what "tight" means. I also have PDI glass on my ST and it didn't change the tightness, and I was seriously thinking of putting in PDI on my MMR when I get it cause once you see the difference, it's hard to stick with regular glass.

1 month later
#994 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I cancelled mine for the second time today. I was paid in full on the third week in April and was told I would receive my machine in the next "batch." Then, that got stretched to the 2nd or 3rd week of June. Obviously it's not here today so I cancelled and got my $8,500 back. The most disappointing part of it all is what others have stated before: Lack of Communication from Planetary Pinball. I have no problem waiting. However, if it was like Spooky and I at least had an idea on a time frame it would be much more palatable to wait. As it stands, I'm out.

You say you have no problem waiting, but clearly you do. You've ordered and canceled twice now. Not knowing exactly when you are going to get it is irrelevant. We all know they are coming eventually. It's not like there is any doubt about that. If you REALLY wanted a MMRLE, then you would have stuck it out. 20/20 hindsight, paying the full cost upfront probably wasn't the wisest decision when there were plenty of deposit only opportunities.

2 weeks later
#1034 8 years ago

Will really be interested to start hearing from unboxers of the new batches. See if any of the previous reported issues still exist, etc.

#1039 8 years ago

Here's a novel idea. How about someone over at Stern do a boxing video.

2 weeks later
#1134 8 years ago

Anybody else here have one on order with Phil Hubbert from Arcades At Home? It's been a long time since I've heard anything from him and he hasn't answered my email in over a week. I'll have to try giving him a call

4 weeks later
#1363 8 years ago

Got word the other day that my gold will be ready to ship in about 2-3wks. My check will be going out in the mail today. The wait is finally almost over!

1 week later
#1435 8 years ago

Still debating on what might look better on an MMr, some Pingraffix pinblades or mirrorblades. Thoughts?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1490 8 years ago

Man, got a call out of the blue this morning from the shipper that my gold was ready to be delivered tomorrow morning. Was hoping for more heads-up because I wasn't able to enlist any help to unload and setup in time. Had to postpone the delivery until Monday. Just a few more days now! Hoping all goes well.

I also posted over in the NorCal thread about this, but if anyone is in the SF Bay Area and is interested in coming out to the Richmond area on Monday to either help out or just check out another brand new MMR(and a really nice ST:Pro too), send me a PM.

#1492 8 years ago

Lol! Now, if I said yes, would you actually make the trip, haha.?

#1499 8 years ago

Since my MMR will be coming on Monday, I'm looking for any advice for a first time NIB owner. More specifically wrt receiving from shipper and looking for damage at the curb. What are people's opinions on this? Would you only strip the box if there are visible signs of outer damage? I'm also not altogether sure of the best way to unbox one of these if there is such a thing.

Any advice for the big day appreciated.

#1501 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice and PM.

#1508 8 years ago

Well, my gold is supposed to arrive today between now and 2pm PDT, and so the final wait begins...

Will try and take as many pix as I can remember to, but forgive me if I don't get to posting them up right away.

Fingers crossed that everything goes OK.

#1509 8 years ago

It's Here! Just a couple pix for now. Unloaded and checked it for signs of damage and it looks great so far. Made it up to my condo no problems and now getting ready to set it up. Practicalsteve is on his way over to check it out too. Should be a fun afternoon!

IMG_1345.JPGIMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1349.JPGIMG_1349.JPG
IMG_3356.JPGIMG_3356.JPG

#1514 8 years ago

A few more pix after taking a break from MMR for a little bit.

IMG_1355.JPGIMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1357.JPGIMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1359.JPGIMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1365.JPGIMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1371.JPGIMG_1371.JPG

Yep, already put up a GC score on it. This game plays unbelievably well. Setup was a breeze and there were no issues*. Leveled it and flippers seemed perfectly fine. Left everything else at defaults except for volume override and changed the DMD color to gold. *The only minor issue I've seen so far is a couple of times the ball took a couple tries to kickout of the trough on a new ball. I think I've read here that there's an easy fix for that by bending something a bit so I'll have to look into that.

Otherwise, it is simply amazing. Whatever issues they may have been having at the start, they certainly seem to have been well ironed out. Major kudos!

On my MMR, all the leg bolts were sealed inside a manila envelope inside the coin tray, along with the balls, tilt bob, and power cord/plate. None of the bolts were already screwed in.

#1516 8 years ago

What you can't see is the tons of glow in the dark stars and such plastered all over the roof there. The whole area used to be an outdoor patio part of the condo, but some previous owner had it enclosed, and I converted it into a mini game room. It does look way cooler at night and those LED strips wrap around the whole room and have a bunch of preset patterns.

#1525 8 years ago

Absolutely love the gold trim. It was the only choice for me honestly. I already have black trim on my ST Pro so I didn't want another one. TBH, I find it a bit bland. I'm not really a fan of SS either so I'm glad they offered the gold trim.

1 month later
#1984 8 years ago

Couple quick questions. Just curious what others have their strength settings at and also, is there any kind of quick boot option, or is the long bootup time just the nature of the Beaglebone board setup versus SAM for example.

2 months later
#2398 8 years ago

How do you disable the knocker without disabling the shaker? Obviously pulling the connector off the board in the back box is not the answer as that disables both. I tired following the wire lead from the knocker but kept losing it, so just wanted to check here to get a definitive answer.

1 week later
#2475 8 years ago

Just curious what scores some of you guys have been putting up now. Right now my GCS is ~159mil. I got close to defeating all the castles once. Had the gate down on the last castle and drained my last ball(doh!). I've completed Royal Madness twice in one game. I've gotten the Save the Children video mode at least 7-8 times now and managed to complete it once. I also triggered Save the Cows(or calves?) but forgot how I did that. Yet to Battle for the Kingdom or get Barnyard Madness. I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things, but man do I love this pin!!!

2 weeks later
#2571 8 years ago

Ok, at first that made me laugh, I admit, but really somebody has some 'splainin' to do who works on the line or QCs and is responsible for letting that ST instruction sheet get through. I mean, come on, really? lol!

1 week later
#2763 8 years ago
Quoted from Tattoovic:

56cdfb1dad0a5f341749e87b448648a0df088de4_(resized).jpeg56cdfb1dad0a5f341749e87b448648a0df088de4_(resized).jpeg
0116318fc39ca9a1c8bce6b6f7ca49ab895c585b_(resized).jpeg0116318fc39ca9a1c8bce6b6f7ca49ab895c585b_(resized).jpeg

I noticed something in these two pictures that is very different on my machine. My flippers do not extend that high when activated. They look about the same in the resting position. On mine, they are positioned with the set hole touching the flipper(not the rubber). In the picture above with the left flipper cradling the ball, it seems to partly cover the first letter on the scroll. On mine it is at least a good line below that. I don't know why it should have less travel. It bugs me because I often have trouble cradling the ball as it will carry too much momentum for the lower angle to hold it. Not sure how to correct this.

2 weeks later
#2925 8 years ago

Gold is the poop! And I mean that in the dopest way possible.

1 month later
#3089 8 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

Wondering if anyone has gotten their game from arcades at home? Not having much luck getting a response from Phil. Wondering if I should get worried or not. Thanks for any help.

I did as well. Got mine(#355 - gold trim) around mid-September. For the record, put my order and down payment in with phil around last February. It is what it is, I'm not saying it to gloat or piss anyone off, especially those who are paid in full and STILL waiting for theirs. I don't understand it. I'm guessing I was able to buy someone's vacated slot and AaH was in a particular pecking order with CGC. There was no way for anyone to know that kind of information going in so it was a crap shoot, but I think many people just assumed that the earlier they got their order in, the earlier they would get their machine.

Anyway, as far as getting a response from Phil, I wouldn't worry too much. There were long stretches where I wouldn't hear anything from him, despite several emails, unless there was something to hear. Once he got word things were happening and I could send the rest of the payment and shipping info, things moved quick. It's likely he's just as much in the dark as you are. Are you only trying to contact him through email? If you have his number you can just try giving him a call. PM me if you don't.

#3095 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

So why bring it up then?

Because I thought it perhaps might be of some relevance, since he was concerned about his order and the length of time without a response, but I didn't want that information to spark unneeded debate, hence the qualifier.

#3108 7 years ago

Congrats Gangplank! I think my GC score is still somewhere in the 300k range. The way I've been playing lately though, I don't know how I did it. That's pinball I guess. On my GC game I did manage to beat BftK and I was shaking like a leaf! I also remember how excited I was the first time I beat Save the Children. I actually get a little ticked if I don't at least get an EB out of it now. Only ever seen Save the Cows(Calves?) once and have no idea how I got that, nor did I win it. This game continues to have so many little surprises that just when you think you've seen it all...

1 month later
#3834 7 years ago

For insert reference, here are mine from #355 received last September. I think they're good enough. The LEDs may be a bit bright, but I don't think I'm going to bother with any diffuser nonsense. I thought I heard a long time ago that the software update was going to have a new setting to allow for brightness levels of the inserts, or am I just imagining things? But then why would they go through the trouble of making diffusers then. I'm confusered.

IMG_2057_(resized).JPGIMG_2057_(resized).JPG
IMG_2082_(resized).JPGIMG_2082_(resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 29.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PWhiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=PWhiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.