IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IndianaPwns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Way off or is it the angle?

CaptureMM.PNG

this is the biggest thing I was concerned about. That looks pretty bad.

Everything else looks amazing!

#208 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Some MMRLE Troll Action!
» YouTube video

How is the resolution of the translite? Does it look pretty sharp?

#317 9 years ago

I have a question...

So did the original MM have blinking/interactive backbox lights or just one solid light?

I've heard there is only one light that illuminates MMR's.

Someone tell me I'm wrong. That's kind of a big deal.

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

In Marc's video at the end when he's playing, you can see flashers going off in the backbox
https://www.youtube.com/embed/eh9qUSInDkM?autoplay=1&rel=0

Yep! I see them! Good!

I'll shutup now.

2 weeks later
#563 9 years ago

Please...someone post something new...a video...a picture...a review! I'm dying here.

I do have a couple of questions for those who have it already:

1) How are the flashers in comparison to the original? Are the flashers LED? Do they give off the same brightness/crispness?

2) How is the weight or the feel when you need to nudge? Is it similar?

1 month later
#848 8 years ago

Alright ladies and gentlemen...what is the consensus (playfield, music, lighting...etc.)? Does it hold up to a William's? Does it play exactly like the original? Any corners cut (cheap wood, flimsy plastics)?

I want your opinions!

3 months later
#1382 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

MMR should play well - otherwise it's a total failure as a remake of a game that plays well.
MMR plays quite well, but I don't get how/why people think MMR plays faster than MM - this is more a function of playfield condition (and possibly flipper coil strength) than anything else.
I played MMR and MM side by side at TPF and while MMR felt a little "snappier" I think it was newer and had significantly fewer plays on it made more of the difference. When I got home, my MM played better than either which says that a well-leveled, well-maintained game with a cleaned and waxed playfield usually wins.
MMR is close enough for anyone that wants a MM, but its value is based on newness and price than anything else. The build quality argument is a joke - at best, MMR is similar (though I would argue it loses points for the slingshot issue and gets a point or two for the cabinet).
It's also too early to weigh in on MMR reliability - certainly way too early to claim that it's "very reliable" - as there aren't that many in heavy use yet and it's very very early in the electronics life cycle. Whatever knocks you can through at the WPC-95 platform, it's hard to argue with its success, long term viability and serviceability. The biggest risk to MMR's reliability is whether or not CGC continues with the remakes with any significant volume to ensure the viability/continuance of the electronics and reducing the inherent risk of it becoming a "one-off" platform.
Another thing to consider here is whether or not CGC is a liability moving forward. PPS/MMR benefitted significantly early on when everyone though PPS/Rick was in charge and setting direction - which Rick used to his advantage until issues started cropping up. (It was good marketing - certainly the initial enthusiasm would have been dampened if MMR was announced upfront as a CGC project rather than a PPS one). If PPS doesn't really have a lot of control over the remake process going forward, that has to be a negative.
Dispite the issues I have with Rick and what I consider his arrogant approach, I still trust him to drive more than Doug - Rick "gets" pinball, Doug just doesn't. Charging for the colorization support is beyond tone-deaf. And clearly the CGC approach to project management has been an abysmal failure. I'm not sure Rick would have done any better, but he certainly couldn't have done any worse.
MMR will certainly go down in pinball history as a success - but not as the "out of the park" success it looked like in 2013.

Seriously. Everything you just said is 100% right.

I don't understand how they didn't just hire someone to do the communication work. Create a newsletter with everyones e-mail. Update your blog...just be honest...I mean damn. They have a great product...they COULD have everyone's trust.

I trust Rick to manage and create a great game - but they need a PR person - badly.

Edit: still waiting on mine...

1 month later
#1630 8 years ago

Anyone recently get a Stainless though JJP? I've been waiting 10 months now :-/

3 weeks later
#1930 8 years ago

I'm losing it boys...I can't wait any longer...Help ME!

3 months later
#2606 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Beat me to it...LEDs put off almost no heat. I've used gels with incandescent bulbs with no issues. You will have no issues with LEDs for sure.

No one should have to use gel inserts on their brand new machine...lol

#2611 8 years ago

Beautiful mschonbrun.

That is the playfields I purchased and expected.

Will you take a few shots up close and with the LED's at full blast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider IndianaPwns.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=IndianaPwns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.