IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2005 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

Ha i didn't even notice that. sweet. Now bring on the updated dmd colorization

I can wait a bit longer on the colorization I just want them to come on with the delivery of my MMR lol it was ordered 4 months before my daughter was born and paid in full when she was 6 months old. She is walking and talking now I hope I get to play my MMR before she hits high school lol

#2020 8 years ago

I can only hope that roughly 500 of those posts will be people opening their brand-new mmr's before Christmas

#2025 8 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

my Black MMR. Just arrived today. #513

Who was your distributor? USA? Or Canada? I know I have 15 MMRLE's in front of mine through JJP just trying to track as much info as possible because CGC PPS and STERN communication on how many shipped when and where sucks to say the least lol

#2029 8 years ago

From what I understand machines are not in order they put the number on the machine right before it ships. Some people reserved specific numbers for a fee. As far as I'm concerned I don't care what number mine is just ship the damn thing already lol

#2044 8 years ago

Just another one of those D-bags that buy up all the xboxs and PlayStations at Christmas time and try to sell for triple. I have zero respect for A-holes who do that. Would be funny to flood his email with thousands of lowball offer emails and EM trade offers lol

#2045 8 years ago

I think he might have a tough time getting $15000 when there is still spots for sale for LEs at $8595 shipped lol

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2050 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Thanks, you just caused me to place an order!!

You are welcome

#2053 8 years ago

It's probably quite a bit less than $600 mark up you have to take into consideration that shipping is included which is roughly $250 at least

#2064 8 years ago

So did anybody out there take delivery of their MMR LE this week as far as unboxing goes it seems awfully quiet.

MMR? MMR? Buller? Anybody? MMR?

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#2068 8 years ago

God I hope they don't try to charge me $780 I'd probably ask for a refund at that point

#2078 8 years ago

They can start to smooth things over by giving every LE owner the color code for free for waiting 2 years. And also do somthing like what spooky pinball did and give MMRLE buyers first shot to reserve game #2

#2094 8 years ago

That's awesome that might mean mine is coming soon too lol (god I hope so)mine was day 1 and paid in full 7/11/14

#2109 8 years ago

They say the end of the year but not sure if that will actually happen or not

1 week later
#2182 8 years ago

Still no word over here either

#2197 8 years ago

They are just the licensee but also happen to be a distributor it's more of CGC's baby with planetary's blessing and support

#2199 8 years ago

I'm just surprised they started doing Europe so soon after they did the Australian container you would think that they would want to do a run of domestic games so that at least games is being delivered would show up on the forums and ease peoples minds a bit instead of leaving everyone in limbo while container loads of these games are on the ocean. It is fairly disheartening knowing that there has been only 15 games ahead of me through my distributor for the last three weeks straight

#2217 8 years ago

Yeah mine was paid in full in July 2014

#2251 8 years ago

I just want my MMR to show up at my door. at this point I could give 2 $#|+s about trim color anymore lol.

#2267 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I contacted Katie at JJP (very professional and a pleasure to deal with - courteous and fast).
I paid in full in July 2014 and was informed by her that there were still 20 black MMR's ahead of mine in their order.
Wow!! I paid in full day one...I even paid extra to courier the check to JJP so they would get it earliest!!
I know we all say it, but I will NEVER preorder a machine again!

Last time I checked where I stood with my black trim MMR through JJP I was told there were 15 ahead of me......that was a month ago

3 weeks later
#2427 8 years ago

Just wondering how long it takes to get only 15 games (which has been the number of games ahead of me)to JJP customers? Or any domestic vendors customers? So far the answer is "too god damn long, that's how long" I've been hearing "soon" or "about two weeks" for the last 4 months at least. CGC really needs to get its shit together and get these games finished. Anyone have any update on what their excuse is this month?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2430 8 years ago

I won't be in on the next title unless there is at least a 5% rebate for every month they are past their projected delivery date. I doubt that will happen heck if that had been the case most preorder buyers would be getting free machines at this point hahahahaha

#2435 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackstorm:

Has anyone from JJP gotten there black LE yet? Last time I checked, beginning of December there was like 55 ahead of me and it's still the same. My guess is JJP customers will be the last to get theirs

I was told in the beginning of November that there were 15 ahead of me through JJP then again in December the same 15 ahead of me. Yesterday I got a message from a local guy that was told back in November/December he had 10 through JJP ahead of him(so I'm guessing I'm 5 behind him) he told me that JJP told him yesterday that his May ship out at the end of this week or the beginning of next week. Hopefully it does at least we will see some progress.

1 week later
#2501 8 years ago

Still over here waiting on my day one order paid in full July 14

#2508 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Same here. You wouldn't be a Twisted Pins customer like me, would you?

No I'm waiting through JJP

#2510 8 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I am waiting through JJP as well. Have they even delivered any MMRs recently?

God I hope so I've had 15 ahead of me since early November and they keep saying 2 weeks lol

#2515 8 years ago

Well I just got the email I have been waiting for!!! My black trim MMR is ready to ship!!! Wooohoooo!!!

#2536 8 years ago

Mine should be arriving in Knoxville today woohoo!!! mine should be arriving in Knoxville today!!!

#2538 8 years ago

I just got my black from JJP today

#2549 8 years ago

Well I got to tell you everybody that says it's worth the wait is absolutely right I have had a few minor issues out of the box nothing too crazy though, normal set up stuff. The black looks way better in person than it does in any photo I've seen and it plays absolutely true to the original. Finally got it moved into its new spot and got my first few games in

#2553 8 years ago

Anyone who has received their MMR LE recently should read through this thread and check to see if your playfield is affected by this issue....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help/page/3

#2577 8 years ago

I just started this thread to gather as many examples of both washed out and non washed out inserts as possible so it is clear to PPS CGC and Stern

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed

#2583 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Nope. Saw them all. And it's not at all clear from the pictures wether or not that is visible in normal factor lighting conditions. All of the pictures seem to be in the dark with the LED behind it. My MMRLE doesn't seem to have the issue so I cannot say what's going on. There's the undercurrent that Stern/PPS/CGC knows there's an issue and is somehow shipping games and not caring which does not compute. The most significant issue they had was the slingshot damage and the corrected it as soon as they knew about it. I wish people would just calm down a little and communicate to the right folks, in the right communications channels and wait for CGC to figure out what's going on.

If yours doesn't have the issue could you post some pics of your inserts both with led on and off in a normal lighting situation? When I get home today I will do the same with mine that has the issue.

#2594 8 years ago

They may have been back by white underneath the black but no border there have been a few pics of original inserts not having the problem but They wanted to see MMRs that did not have the problem as well as MMRs that did have the problem

#2599 8 years ago

I slid in a piece red gel filter in between the Duke of bourbon insert and the LED on the board to see if it helped the insert text issue and how it looked. it looked pretty awesome I just don't know about what kind of heat those leds are putting off and if it would affect the gel inserts or not it didn't help the text be any more legible but looked cool

#2618 8 years ago
#2619 8 years ago

On a positive note....

#2621 8 years ago

I was able to get mine pretty close to the original orange DMD color using custom color settings in the menu also I went into the display menu which is located in the back box itself and adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit to get it a little more finely tuned

#2625 8 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

I installed the new firmware (beta) and the changes to the display are amazing and really noticeable.
No more screen tearing, contrast like the original (the 3 levels of "colors" in animations/graphics are perfectly balanced), no more fade glitches during the catapult animals/objects choices.
Just be patient ! It's night and day.

Did you need to buy a micro SD card and if so which one worked for you. I have the link to the beta but haven't done it yet

#2645 8 years ago

Here's the link to the beta code:

1) Download this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ZImdZr3-d4cHNIRjdjTUdLYnc/view?usp=sharing
2) Unzip the file. You will have 2 files. A) The image and B) Win32image writer program.
3) Install the Win32image writer program.
4) Insert a microsd card in your computer (at least 8GB)
5) Run the Win32Image writer program.
6) open the boot.img file from step 1.
7) click on write at the bottom. It takes about 10 minutes.
insert the microsd card in your mmr and power on. Wait until fully complete.

#2647 8 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

At Least you guys have games - I'm still waiting - ordered through Twisted Pins (during the pre-order stage how many years ago)... wonder how many others are waiting as well! - a bit frustrated at this point...

You might end up being better off depending on how this whole playfield insert issue pans out....

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

The latest MMR Unboxing!

image_(resized).jpeg

Hahahahhahaha

#2678 8 years ago

Anti rattle tape or just get some PDI glass

#2701 8 years ago

Triple post lol damn wonky Internet

#2723 8 years ago

Awesome back to unboxings congrats!!

#2740 8 years ago

I'm keeping my mouth shut out of respect for a private conversation that I had in reference to this issue it's best to let them make their public statement when they are ready

#2750 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

It seems quite obvious that CGC compensated Drewblood to fuhgettaboutit. My guess is a combination color upgrade and cash settlement. It would have to be at least $500 to make sense, though I'd expect more since the resale value is affected. Bizarre to ask him to keep quiet - which can only mean they plan to cover everyone else's issue with less. Makes no sense any other way.
Pretty sure that they haven't shipped any games lately in order to fix this issue. I know JJP is aware of it. I think they've shipped about 1.3 games per day since mfg. started. Instead of putting serial numbers they should have just used the date. And for those special days when they shipped 2 machines, they could use 2/3/16 Morning, 2/3/16 Afternoon.

They have no reason to give me special treatment in comparison to anybody else. I'm just happy to have an answer and my intention was to share the relief with the community that a answer is coming but I can see no matter what the answer is it will never be good enough for some people....

#2754 8 years ago

That's cool think what you will I'm out. I'll leave you guys with this:

#2762 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Talking to Doug alleviated my concerns

Good luck man I've been trying to say that all day....

#2764 8 years ago

Try adjusting you EOS switch under the PF on your flipper mech it helped with mine

#2776 8 years ago

Damn what do ya know johnbuzzz's inserts look great how about that

2 weeks later
#2919 8 years ago

He had it In the box for awhile. It was on CL and the PS marketplace.

Medieval Madness GOLD Limited Edition..NEW IN BOX $9600
atlanta.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#3122 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Are they shipping with the diffuser installed going forward or still making the customer install them?

From what I understand they are installing them on machines they feel needs it before shipping. You may want to call your distro and ask them to have it installed on yours regardless. Personally I think they all would benefit from having the diffuser on them. I think mine looks 10x better with after I installed the diffuser. It looks way more like incandescents and there is not an overwhelming center hotspot in each insert.

#3126 8 years ago

Before

#3127 8 years ago

After

#3160 8 years ago

It's doesn't make it solid jet black but it is legible and and looks way better than having a hot spot in the center of the insert

#3164 8 years ago

Nice it looks like your diffuser is already installed

#3170 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Congrats! Did you notice you had a credit dot error???

Probably from the time and date not being set on the first power up.

1 week later
#3207 7 years ago
Quoted from wcoyote:

It's finally here! Diffuser kit was already installed. Added the 3d trans-lite. Moved things around and slid it in next to the original MM that my hubby didn't want to sell/trade until he tried MMr.

So having a new one and old one side by side which do you think plays better?

#3214 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well the old one (original) appears to have about a zillion plays on it so is that really a fair comparison? From the pics it looks worse than the routed beater at my local arcade.
image_(resized).png

I'd say it would be a relatively fair comparison seeing how as the price point is probably equivalent

#3237 7 years ago
Quoted from Farb:

My post was intended to introduce a positive note to all the negativity that seems to be flying around here - most of which seems to be coming from people that don't even own an MMr.

^^^^^exactly^^^^^

#3249 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You can't see the green circuit board... MAYBE if you get close and look straight down from the top you can make out some green, but people are just looking for stuff at this point. It's 100% not noticeable.

Yeah I thought that was strange too. I can't see any green through the inserts. If you are looking that hard to find a perceived issue of course you will find something to make an issue out of

#3251 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

who was that one guy who made a thread about the problem inserts and said he wouldn't rest until he had a new playfield? sounds like that guy found a problem without trying too hard..

It was the same guy that admitted it was a bit of an overreaction on his part and is glad He can read his inserts with the diffusers installed and is currently enjoying a brand new medieval madness. Who is the one guy that shit talks every MMR thread that doesn't have a MMR of his own or first hand experience with said issues and who's attitude most likely has more to do with a personal grudge against PPS or the fact that these remakes could hurt his precious classic B/W pinvestments?

This is also the same guy who's favorite game of all time is WOZ I wonder if he is aware that there have been way more and worse issues with WOZ than there has been with MMR and the wait was about the same I wonder if he has been bitching as much in the WOZ threads as he has been in the MMR threads.....hmmmmm

#3252 7 years ago

Now let's get back on topic and see some more MMR's being unboxed

#3255 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Are you talking about me?

No lol you have a MMR on order and skin in the game

#3259 7 years ago

Do any of you guys have anything positive to say in these MMR threads? It seems to me you just pop up to be assholes and shit on a game that many in this thread are excitedly waiting for to arrive so they can enjoy. it is a shame their excitement for a game they love enough to have spent their money on gets steamrolled over by a handful of jerkoffs that have nothing better to do than bitch about a game they aren't even buying. Here's a thought, try being a constructive member on pinside instead of churning out a load of bullshit about a game you clearly don't like.

#3263 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I'm not sure how Drew has not been modded out of the MMR threads by now. After him personally being the loudest and most frequent complaintant against MMR ever he is now the loudest, rudest and most aggressive attacking those who continue to complain after he decided to change his mind.

So you think I'm purposely attacking people for complaining. Listen, I could care less about who complains and why I just don't think that the MMR unboxing thread is the venue for that. This should be a positive thread for people that have endured a long wait for a game they are excited about receiving and all of the negativity is ruining it for them. If you want to complain about MMR that's fine go start a MMR bitchfest thread let these folks that want to share their unboxing experience with the community without having to deal with a bunch of negative people chiming in and ruining it for them. I know you have a hard on for me rat but I'm sorry I don't swing that way you will have to find someone else to feed your need for drama.

#3264 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Why post(troll) here if you're not ever going to unbox one? Or is your "original" butt hurt because it's worth 5K less now that MMr is out

Thank you at least someone gets it

#3329 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Exactly. Also, woz is much better of a machine than mmr is/ever will be

1 week later
#3418 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

FWIW: I actually love the look of the diffused light. I am very much a purist when it comes to pinball lightning and I love the softer look now. The LEDs were not chosen to be ultra-bright; they were chosen to be modern and reliable, yet still look like MM.
Marc

I agree I like the look of the diffused light for the inserts better regardless of the blackness of the ink. Don't get me wrong I wish my inserts were properly printed and dark but the diffuser should be on all of the machines in my opinion to give it a more traditional look

#3426 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Also the fact that he went back and deleted ALL his posts in that thread thus not giving any support to those who were not as amazed by the fix offered to them and wiping the history of how he would ONLY accept a new playfield and nothing less.

#3429 7 years ago

I deleted my posts because jackasses like rat would twist what I had said to fit their narrative and it was like talking to a brick wall trying to convey the point. So once again I was compensated nothing more than the same diffuser like everyone else and have the same issue as every other person with faded inserts. At the beginning of this debacle I was asked by CGC not to disclose the diffuser fix and to let them announce it themselves which I thought was a reasonable request. Obviously things have not panned out as well as I thought they would for everyone involved. And still to this day there's a handful of dickholes that assume I was paid off or compensated for some silence on the issue which is absolutely not the case so at this point think whatever floats your boat I'm over it obviously there's a few like rat that are not.

#3432 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Once again all I have done is briefly state a fact, no twisting of words, and again Drewblood419 has decided to attack me with his puerile comments. Yet somehow he thinks I'm the one with a problem.

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drewblood419.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings?tu=Drewblood419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.