IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 84.
#4151 7 years ago

I picked up an MMR LE nib a few weeks ago, 991 of 1000. Two issues:

First ball kept getting stuck in the damsel shot, was getting caught on the lip inside preventing ball from falling to activate the switch. I raised the damsel castle by putting a nut under it and that has largely fixed it. Still gets stuck, but it's rare, probably just need to raise it a little more. Anyone else run into this? Had to remove ramp and wireforms to get access.

Second issue is that I've had leds come out of the spotlights, one from the castle area and the other from the slings, kind of annoying, but overall a very small issue that is easily fixed.

Overall, very satisfied with the game quality. I have a playfield protector on my game, lighted apron from pinball decals, full Titan rubber and color chip upgrade.

#4152 7 years ago

For the LEDs in the spotlights, I don't have that issue on my MMR, but I do with my Star Trek. I used a small dad of earthquake putty in the back edge of the spotlight dome. That kept the LED from falling out and is completely reversible.

#4153 7 years ago

...or you can use some electrical tape.

#4154 7 years ago

I've had mine since May 2016. Beautiful game.

As for issues, the right flipper coil stop fell off, which was an easy fix.
The clock seems to skip exactly 1 day ahead every month or so. I've have a ticket opened with PPS for some time. Initially they were helpful in troubleshooting, but recently they have gone silent. The issue is still unresolved. I don't think this is the same issue folks have seen where the time resets that was fixed by the battery replacement.

#4155 7 years ago

Question can the outline posts be adjusted on this game I am getting a lot of drains down the sides? Looks like there may be posts under the plastics? Anyone adjusted theirs?

#4156 7 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

Question can the outline posts be adjusted on this game I am getting a lot of drains down the sides? Looks like there may be posts under the plastics? Anyone adjusted theirs?

Yes, look carefully and you will see that the post mounts to a slot. Raise the playfield and you will see how to detach and then reattach the post to a different position in the slot.

#4157 7 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Yes, look carefully and you will see that the post mounts to a slot. Raise the playfield and you will see how to detach and then reattach the post to a different position in the slot.

No need to detach, just loosen the nut and slide the post down if you want to make it easier. I found that the right is very drain heavy, but that the left is too easy if moved down at all.

#4158 7 years ago

Thanks for the replies I will try it out

#4159 7 years ago

What happens if an led burns out or needs replacing or the board goes bad. I'm leaning towards a remake but im wary of not being able to fix stuff if things go south

#4160 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

What happens if an led burns out or needs replacing or the board goes bad. I'm leaning towards a remake but im wary of not being able to fix stuff if things go south

From Chicago Gaming's page:

"The LED manufacturer rates the life of each individual LED at 50,000 hours if driven to full brightness. Each playfield inserts is backlit by a cluster of three LEDs which are driven only to one-third the manufacturer�s specified maximum brightness. Should any of the three LEDs in a single insert cluster ever fail, the system hardware will automatically increase the brightness of the remaining LEDs to compensate for the failed LED. This redundancy, coupled with the long life of the LEDs, means most owners of the Medieval Madness remake will never replace a single lamp over the games lifetime."

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr.php

#4161 7 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

From Chicago Gaming's page:
"The LED manufacturer rates the life of each individual LED at 50,000 hours if driven to full brightness. Each playfield inserts is backlit by a cluster of three LEDs which are driven only to one-third the manufacturer�s specified maximum brightness. Should any of the three LEDs in a single insert cluster ever fail, the system hardware will automatically increase the brightness of the remaining LEDs to compensate for the failed LED. This redundancy, coupled with the long life of the LEDs, means most owners of the Medieval Madness remake will never replace a single lamp over the games lifetime."
http://www.chicago-gaming.com/mmr.php

Doesnt explain the board issue.

#4162 7 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Doesnt explain the board issue.

What it's saying is that for a bulb to look burned out, two of the three that make up an insert would have to fail, and that's pretty rare. If it did, it's a readily available SMD LED and could be easily repaired. Also, you have a warranty, etc.

#4163 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

What it's saying is that for a bulb to look burned out, two of the three that make up an insert would have to fail, and that's pretty rare. If it did, it's a readily available SMD LED and could be easily repaired. Also, you have a warranty, etc.

4 months later
#4164 6 years ago

Finally did it and bought a brand new MMR LE this week. #600. Loving it so far but my only criticism is that the play field is so dark compared to the Aerosmith Pro I bought with it..... Need to figure out how to add more lights... Thanks to this forum for pushing me over the edge and finally doing it after 6 months of pondering...

20170418_125845 (resized).jpg20170418_125845 (resized).jpg

20170418_125403 (resized).jpg20170418_125403 (resized).jpg

20170418_125927 (resized).jpg20170418_125927 (resized).jpg

20170418_130114 (resized).jpg20170418_130114 (resized).jpg

20170418_130457 (resized).jpg20170418_130457 (resized).jpg

20170418_141506 (resized).jpg20170418_141506 (resized).jpg

20170419_152303 (resized).jpg20170419_152303 (resized).jpg

#4165 6 years ago

looks great

#4166 6 years ago

I think the black looks the best. Thanks for posting and good luck with the games!

1 week later
#4167 6 years ago

My late addition to the thread, more to come later!!! First pin in the house since 2006, hard to believe the once unobtainable holy grail of pinball machines is now the start of my Second Time Around pin addiction.....and yes, the scratches on the box did no damage, I already checked!

IMG_4357 (resized).JPGIMG_4357 (resized).JPG

#4168 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

My late addition to the thread, more to come later!!! First pin in the house since 2006, hard to believe the once unobtainable holy grail of pinball machines is now the start of my Second Time Around pin addiction.....and yes, the scratches on the box did no damage, I already checked!

Wow that's an early MMR Standard? What's the build date, playfield date? I bought near the end of the standard run a few months ago.

#4169 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Wow that's an early MMR Standard? What's the build date, playfield date? I bought near the end of the standard run a few months ago.

I haven't unboxed her yet, the paint is still drying in the room she is going into......but more pics and info, including dates and ROM versions to come!

#4170 6 years ago

So have you guys been asking the drivers to wait while you unbox your games?

IMG_7849 (resized).PNGIMG_7849 (resized).PNG

#4171 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So have you guys been asking the drivers to wait while you unbox your games?

Yep, my driver (ABF Freight) even pointed out the possible nicks in the cardboard, helped me open the top of the box, and helped me look inside. We didn't see any damage then, but he still entered on the waybill that there could be possible hidden damage due to shipping scrapes. Luckily there wasn't any damage.

Unboxed her late this afternoon and hauled her inside. I went ahead and pre bought a new set of legbolts as I don't have a cart to set her on to get the bolts out of the coin box, I just have an appliance dolly/handtruck. Got some felt leg protectors, put on the legs, and stood her up. Bolted down the head, and checked the connections to the motherboard. Looks like one of the connectors had started to come loose, pushed it back in place.

Checked everything out, all seems good. Played a couple of quick balls just to check basic functionality. Will do a full thorough setup, including Mantis Protectors (still waiting on the Cliffys).

Couple of things of note:

- Left out lanes (F & I) the slot for the switches aren't centered in the paint

- Metal edges of the side rails is WAY to sharp, both along the glass and on the sides. I will definitely file the edges down carefully. Saw some other posts on that, that should have never left the factory that sharp.

- Cabinet and overall construction is solid. Corners seemed to be glued well, no missing pieces. Mine has a Plywood painted bottom, i.e. an LE cabinet.

Here are a few more pics:

IMG_4359 (resized).JPGIMG_4359 (resized).JPG

IMG_4362 (resized).JPGIMG_4362 (resized).JPG

IMG_4360 (resized).JPGIMG_4360 (resized).JPG

IMG_4363 (resized).JPGIMG_4363 (resized).JPG

#4172 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Metal edges of the side rails is WAY to sharp, both along the glass and on the sides. I will definitely file the edges down carefully. Saw some other posts on that, that should have never left the factory that sharp.

This has been a problem for at least 12 years at this point. I bought rails for an MB restoration way back and they arrived sharp as razors. I didn't know any better and installed them only to have my friend cut himself on them while admiring the game! Since then most of the rails I have bought have showed up sharp and required filing and sanding to make them safe. Recently I bought a lift channel for a Williams backglass and it had the same problem. Sharp as a razor! I can only assume the same manufacturer is making all of these metal parts for years, including the ones for the remakes.

#4173 6 years ago

You have a black interior to the MMR cabinet on your standard. That's unusual, most have no paint there, but has been reported as well by others. Probably they were using the excess stock from the LEs at that point early on in the Standard run.

#4174 6 years ago

You have a black interior to the MMR cabinet on your standard. That's unusual, most have no paint there, but has been reported as well by others. Probably they were using the excess stock from the LEs at that point early on in the Standard run.

Yep, as I noted looks like I got an LE cabinet, as the bottom is not just black, it is plywood as well......

#4175 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Yep, as I noted looks like I got an LE cabinet, as the bottom is not just black, it is plywood as well......

All the MMR Standards are plywood bottom, just not interior painted like yours.

#4176 6 years ago

All the MMR Standards are plywood bottom, just not interior painted like yours.

.....I guess CGC did change their mind on the composite bottoms then!

#4177 6 years ago

Has PPS confirmed that all standards have a plywood bottom in a post here on Pinside?

Or has someone gone and checked every single MMR standard pin out there?

You'd think if PPS had decided to change every MMR standard and its spec to a plywood bottom, they'd change the info on their website. Not yet.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-MMR-STD

#4178 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Has PPS confirmed that all standards have a plywood bottom in a post here on Pinside?
Or has someone gone and checked every single MMR standard pin out there?

I don't think a single person has reported anything other than plywood cabinet bottoms.

#4179 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I don't think a single person has reported anything other than plywood cabinet bottoms.

Yes, but how many have reported this? Haven't far far more std owners not even bothered reporting what cabinet bottom they have in their machine? It's only anecdotal, And if it's a small sample size, that is by no means an indication of what's in "all" of the std machines.

It is potentially indicative that stds have plywood bottoms, but it's not yet proof. Until proof is shown, there is little merit to posting absolute answers.

#4180 6 years ago

I think you should be in charge of personally finding every owner of a standard, and personally inspecting the cabinet bottom.

#4181 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Yes, but how many have reported this? Haven't far far more std owners not even bothered reporting what cabinet bottom they have in their machine? If it's a small sample size, that is by no means an indication of the overall population.

It's a good question for the upcoming MMR standard run done at CGC. Will it be plywood or MDF? Someone should ask Rick, if someone is interested enough, I have my MMR already. Yes it's plywood bottom no black interior at the end of the run of 500 standards made at Stern.

#4182 6 years ago

Then, threats of lawsuits should start flying if the website is not changed, and a public apology is not issued!

#4183 6 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

I think you should be in charge of personally finding every owner of a standard, and personally inspecting the cabinet bottom.

I'm not the one saying absolutes. You sound like the perfect candidate though to go out there.

#4184 6 years ago

Here you go.

All it takes is a simple phone call to get the full information. Good news. Rick at PPS told me that all MMRs have plywood bottoms, and expects it to remain that way on the next runs.

He also mentioned that AFMR is expected to be the same way.

As I understood it, the next MMR run will also be built at Stern, interestingly.

#4185 6 years ago

...at the end of the run of 500 standards made at Stern.

Did they only make 500 stds? I missed large chunks of info over the MMR build/release here.

#4186 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Did they only make 500 stds? I missed large chunks of info over the MMR build/release here.

last serial number was 1500, so yes. New standard run next month or so.

#4187 6 years ago

I'll tell you definitively: ALL games have the upgraded plywood bottom. Confirmed by CGC/Rick a while back.

#4188 6 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

the next MMR run will also be built at Stern,

No, CGC will make a bunch of AFMRs and then a bunch of MMRs.

LTG : )

#4189 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, CGC will make a bunch of AFMRs and then a bunch of MMRs.
LTG : )

And then hopefully a bunch of MBs... well, a guy can dream can't he?

#4190 6 years ago

Some impressions from my MMR LE Chrome Edition

IMG_7562 (resized).JPGIMG_7562 (resized).JPG

IMG_7564 (resized).JPGIMG_7564 (resized).JPG

IMG_7563 (resized).JPGIMG_7563 (resized).JPG

IMG_7565 (resized).JPGIMG_7565 (resized).JPG

IMG_7567 (resized).JPGIMG_7567 (resized).JPG

IMG_7566 (resized).JPGIMG_7566 (resized).JPG

IMG_7568 (resized).JPGIMG_7568 (resized).JPG

IMG_7569 (resized).JPGIMG_7569 (resized).JPG

IMG_7572 (resized).JPGIMG_7572 (resized).JPG

IMG_7573 (resized).JPGIMG_7573 (resized).JPG

IMG_7574 (resized).JPGIMG_7574 (resized).JPG

IMG_7575 (resized).JPGIMG_7575 (resized).JPG

IMG_7576 (resized).JPGIMG_7576 (resized).JPG

IMG_7577 (resized).JPGIMG_7577 (resized).JPG

IMG_7578 (resized).JPGIMG_7578 (resized).JPG

IMG_7579 (resized).JPGIMG_7579 (resized).JPG

fullsizeoutput_25c6 (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_25c6 (resized).jpeg

#4191 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

That looks amazing, well done!

#4192 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

I think you meant pictures, but looks great!

1 month later
#4193 6 years ago

I finally got it delivered today. Didn't get to inbox myself because the removed it from the box to install the color dmd prior to delivery. Not too good of a job on the cabinet wrap!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#4194 6 years ago

I just noticed something.
The bootup screen of the WPC code. It's displaying the MAME's "123456" serial number code. Hah!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
$ 29.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.