Topic Stats

• 4,196 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_25c6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7579 (resized).JPG
IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

There are 4194 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 84.
#3801 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Does not sound right. With default settings, all 3 locks are lit at the start of the game. Three shots to the lock will start multiball. Doesn't have to be all on a single ball. The next time through no locks are lit and each shot to the lock alternates between lighting lock and locking a ball...so six shots are needed to start it a second time.

Yeah I was being dumb. Never realized it had to relock before shooting each ball into the castle. So that's what "Lock 1", "Lock 2", "Lock 3" means on the playfield.

#3802 3 years ago

What are must have MMR LE mods? Confused as to which mods will actually work ( I know it's supposed to be the same as MM, but from a mod perspective, is it? ). Has anyone added aftermarket mods to their MMR LE's? Maybe some pics to accompany unpacking photos?

#3803 3 years ago
Quoted from AliciaC:

What are must have MMR LE mods? Confused as to which mods will actually work ( I know it's supposed to be the same as MM, but from a mod perspective, is it? ). Has anyone added aftermarket mods to their MMR LE's? Maybe some pics to accompany unpacking photos?

All previous mods can be made to work, if you know how you are hooking up the required voltages, that they were created. That is the critical aspect. You must review the schematics of the designed boards based on voltage inputs.

All MM mods were designed for the original game, meaning any mod that "piggybacked" off of feature inserts or flashlamps is not going to immediately work, since the much of the board design is not identical, nor use the same PCBs and wire harness, and may require "customization" tied to feature functions of the feature light functions, wire harnesses, and molex connectors, regardless of whether it is the original or remake.

Which mods?

http://www.pinballdecals.com/MMModPage.html
"Get ready to open your wallet".
(For modders, I would recommend just heading to Jo-Ann Fabrics, Walmart, or online toy store and do them yourself)

Cash_Cow_(resized).jpg

#3804 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Howdy all:
Has anyone else experienced these problems?
1) Sometimes when I turn the game on, it says loading and then just a couple playfield lights come on after it finishes loading. When that happens I have to turn the game off and then back on again.
2) Sometimes the ball does not kick out? This happens especially during multiball. The plunger fires but the balls do not kick out? I tried unplugging and plugging back in the connectors but that did not help
Did this happen to any of you??
Thanks!!

1. seems like the boot-up not finishes, call to register a ticket
2. everything ligned up oke under the apron?

#3805 3 years ago

Shhhhhhh!

So very quiet here in this thread. Guess no un-boxings for anything right now.

Sad....

#3806 3 years ago

Trying to pick up mine at R & L warehouse today after work.
Hope to be playing it tonight

#3807 3 years ago

I finally received a MMr. I ordered a black LE and paid in full back in July 2014. I finally told them to send me any trim or no trim, but to send me something and this is what I got. The packing slip says it is an LE, but the box is not marked with LE. Should the box show LE, or did I end up with a SE?

IMG_0916_(resized).jpeg

IMG_7638_(resized).jpeg

#3808 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I finally received a MMr. I ordered a black LE and paid in full back in July 2014. I finally told them to send me any trim or no trim, but to send me something and this is what I got. The packing slip says it is an LE, but the box is not marked with LE. Should the box show LE, or did I end up with a SE?

If it is serial number 0854, it should be an LE. You'll know when you open it if there is a serial plaque on the apron

#3809 3 years ago

There will be a plaque on the apron. My guess is that you have an LE due to the number on the box.

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

If it is serial number 0854, it should be an LE. You'll know when you open it if there is a serial plaque on the apron

Well said!

#3811 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

LE's do not say LE on the box. You have an LE.

#3812 3 years ago

MMr LE #854 in Stainless....Nice

#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

LE's do not say LE on the box. You have an LE.

That is a relief. I was going to settle for whatever it is as I am glad to finally have something. Now to get time to open the box and see how the inserts look. Fingers crossed, but short of there being gaping holes where there should be inserts I will settle for whatever I got. However, this is my last pre-order.

#3814 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I will settle for whatever I got.

That's what they are counting on. The longer they make you wait, the less than perfect they know people will accept.

Quoted from rviguet:

However, this is my last pre-order.

Congrats!

#3815 3 years ago

Hey Odin,
You can return to your cage now!

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You can return to your cage now!

It may be a little late for that.

#3817 3 years ago

Don't let a kid fall into your moat or they may shoot you

#3818 3 years ago

That's the saddest thing I've seen in a while. We all saw what happened. Harambe was doing a better job watching the kid than his parents were. Carry on....

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what they are counting on. The longer they make you wait, the less than perfect they know people will accept.

This is not the best direction for the hobby, and not a feather in the cap for the process.
The quote, "desperate times require desperate measures" equivalency is not something I like to see, as it harkens to occurrences of the past, both from manufacturers, distributors, sellers, and buyers.
I am happy that people are continuing to receive their games, but at what long run cost?

#3820 3 years ago

Is there a way to disable the knocker in MMR like in Stern games? It seems to mostly scare the crap out of my friends that play the game and aren't expecting it...lol

#3821 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

Is there a way to disable the knocker in MMR like in Stern games? It seems to mostly scare the crap out of my friends that play the game and aren't expecting it...lol

If there is no setting in the menu and it has an actual knocker... you can simply unplug it up in the backbox (if it's still in the original location). Another option is to use a blue rubber pad on the stop so you notice it but it's not like a gunshot.

#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

If you're not doing the knocker then you are doing it wrong.
The knocker is the holy of holies in pinball.
Somebody forgot to tell Gary Stern.

Quoted from Manic:If there is no setting in the menu and it has an actual knocker... you can simply unplug it up in the backbox (if it's still in the original location). Another option is to use a blue rubber pad on the stop so you notice it but it's not like a gunshot.

Quoted from Manic:

If there is no setting in the menu and it has an actual knocker... you can simply unplug it up in the backbox (if it's still in the original location). Another option is to use a blue rubber pad on the stop so you notice it but it's not like a gunshot.

Quoted from Manic:

Sacrilege

#3823 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I finally received a MMr. I ordered a black LE and paid in full back in July 2014. I finally told them to send me any trim or no trim, but to send me something and this is what I got

I was near the same. ordered Gold, saw the gold, changed to black, no black, still no black, still no black, changed to Stainless got mine last night. photos to come. looks great, plays great. The only problem I had was a plug had come undone to the backbox. Pulled the translite out, put the plug back in, put the translite back in and was good to go. Game is too much fun.

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

It is loud, and definitely can startle you (which is quite impressive). I used a piece of foam (same that I used in the merlin hole) to dampen down the knock a bit and it's now much better (I may have used this, http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/285-0005-00)

#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

isn't that great?

#3826 3 years ago

I love the loud knocker. Scares the hell out of my dog - but makes those games all the more satisfying.

#3827 3 years ago

Knock Knock, Who's there? Replay! Replay Who?

#3828 3 years ago

Has anyone got shipping notices this week? I emailed Katie on the 24th to see if she has any shipping news, but have not heard back yet... Crickets everywhere else.
Any unboxings???

#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Any unboxings???

I unboxed LE #854 tonight. Everything worked out of the box. The inserts look good to me.

IMG_0178_(resized).JPG

IMG_0180_(resized).JPG

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from rviguet:

I unboxed LE #854 tonight. Everything worked out of the box. The inserts look good to me.

Those look great!

#3832 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Has anyone got shipping notices this week? I emailed Katie on the 24th to see if she has any shipping news, but have not heard back yet... Crickets everywhere else.
Any unboxings???

You must be dealing with JJP. They NEVER offer any info unless you ask. I always email both Katie and Jack (he has 2 diff emails and I use both) and he usually replies. After paying in full well over a year ago and NEVER getting any updates without complaining (and the update was always "in 2 or 3 weeks") I finally got word that my black is on the way. Anxiously awaiting arrival with fingers crossed given all the out of box quality issues I have read about over the last year. Let me know if you need jacks email addresses or cell #

#3833 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Spot on Odin - no need to crawl back in your cage as most of your observations are accurate. I am in the same boat of the others that have waited 1-2 years after laying out $8,000.... just want it to end and will be happy just to have it - and thats why so many put up with the crap out of box quality, and now we are reading of buyers that will take "any trim" they can get even though they really wanted something else, just to get a game after this long of a wait. And PPS and CGC could give a shit as they will do it all again and the same suckers (most of us reading this board) will line up again like sheep and accept whatever abuse they hand out. BTW - I have been playing pinball since 1962 so I ain't no newbie -- I have seen the demise of the Pinball industry and appreciate the attempts of the few that will design and make a machine now, but for crying out loud -- get some CUSTOMER SERVICE in your businesses, and improve your quality systems, before you lose the last of the few thousand potential buyers out there.

#3834 3 years ago

For insert reference, here are mine from #355 received last September. I think they're good enough. The LEDs may be a bit bright, but I don't think I'm going to bother with any diffuser nonsense. I thought I heard a long time ago that the software update was going to have a new setting to allow for brightness levels of the inserts, or am I just imagining things? But then why would they go through the trouble of making diffusers then. I'm confusered.

IMG_2057_(resized).JPG
IMG_2082_(resized).JPG

#3835 3 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

I love the loud knocker. Scares the hell out of my dog - but makes those games all the more satisfying.

If you replace the coil with an even stronger one, you dog will crap on your carpet and you will wake up your family.
Keep in mind coil resistance use has its limits, based on the design of the knocker coil type coming off the driver board.

#3836 3 years ago

My tracking number says June 6 delivery.

#3837 3 years ago

So I now have mine #851
I started by ordering gold. It wasn't the type of gold I thought it should be, so I changed the color to black.
I was told I was going to be second to last with black (through JJP). I later changed to stainless steel as I thought black was never going to happen. Inserts look same as rviguet. Had to re-plug the translite. Game plays great. The only thing I need to do now is install the 3D translite.

DSC_0390_(resized).JPG

DSC_0391_(resized).JPG

#3838 3 years ago

3,400,380 on Woz!? Damn!

Glad to hear the latest shipments have proper inserts. Expecting mine tomm.

#3839 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

3,400,380 on Woz!? Damn!
Glad to hear the latest shipments have proper inserts. Expecting mine tomm.

Was a 5 ball game, set up for a couple of extra balls one at 90,000 and one at 180,000 and changed the save ball to 10 sec. Game was almost a hour long. But still no where near "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".
I still have hope to get there at some point.

#3840 3 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

For insert reference, here are mine from #355 received last September. I think they're good enough. The LEDs may be a bit bright, but I don't think I'm going to bother with any diffuser nonsense. I thought I heard a long time ago that the software update was going to have a new setting to allow for brightness levels of the inserts, or am I just imagining things? But then why would they go through the trouble of making diffusers then. I'm confusered.

The reason is because not everyones' inserts look like yours. I WISH my inserts looked that good!

#3841 3 years ago

For those of us waiting for LE's from JJP, Jack emailed me back and said that he is owed 70 LE's and that they are to be built in the next 45 days or so.

Hopefully CGC can get production back up now that memorial day is over and get some boxes to people.
Maybe I'll have mine before the fourth of July. (I break it up by holidays now )

#3842 3 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

For those of us waiting for LE's from JJP, Jack emailed me back and said that he is owed 70 LE's and that they are to be built in the next 45 days or so.
Hopefully CGC can get production back up now that memorial day is over and get some boxes to people.
Maybe I'll have mine before the fourth of July. (I break it up by holidays now )

Thanks for the update!

#3843 3 years ago

Received mine from Larry @ flip n out pinball today. Larry is KY based and serves several surrounding states. Larry delivered and helped set it up and checked to make sure all was well (Larry is pictured with the game). Out of the box it had no errors and everything worked correctly. Larry is an awesome guy to deal with. My MMr stainless standard actually had the upgraded LE bottom on cabinet. You can reach Larry via email: larry@flipnoutpinball.com
Bob

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3844 3 years ago

All setup with some new friends

image_(resized).jpg

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from Bobby:

Received mine from Larry @ flip n out pinball today. Larry is KY based and serves several surrounding states. Larry delivered and helped set it up and checked to make sure all was well (Larry is pictured with the game). Out of the box it had no errors and everything worked correctly. Larry is an awesome guy to deal with. My MMr stainless standard actually had the upgraded LE bottom on cabinet. You can reach Larry via email: larry@flipnoutpinball.com
Bob

Congrats, Bobby. Can I ask when you ordered? If you've already received #1037, that must mean they're 10% through the first run of standard orders, no?

#3846 3 years ago

Received #857 today (from JJP, black). Build date 5/23/16.

The Good:

- The game works. No catastrophic failures.
- The R&L delivery guy was the nicest LTL guy I've ever dealt with.
- Shipping box was immaculate. No damage to game.
- The inserts are solid black. Virtually no light leak-through, but see note below.
- Smells like a new WMS game. Yeah, I remember the smell. Doesn't smell like a Stern NIB.
- Balls never jumps past Merlin's hole. I've nailed the thing a bunch of times. Stays there solid. Not sure if they changed the hole but it's not an issue like I remember it on the original.

The Bad:

- Stern quality control was on holiday the day they built mine. Numerous stupid oversights, such as nuts not locked down properly, both ramps waaaay off center (see pics), right orbit ball guide too close to side blocked balls from coming down.
- Game arrived VERY dusty. Had to wipe the backbox, coin door, side-rails, etc.
- Playfield had a lot of scratches for a NIB. Small scratches that will hide with a few coats of wax but still you'd think they held a tournament on this thing before they shipped it.
- The King doesn't yell JACKPOT! on multiball jackpot shots. It just plays the music/sound. WTF?
- The display chopping issue is quite apparent, especially on the JACKPOT animation.
- Audio quality is a joke. I think it's the speakers. No treble. Gotta replace these cheap-o factory speakers.
- Switch slot registration is off on both in-lanes, in opposite directions for each side. I know people say this happens a lot, but every WMS game and Stern game I own is dead on, literally exact center. So not sure how they mess that up in 2016.
- The inserts - the King's men inserts are still hard to read despite my ink being proper. The problem is two-fold: The ridiculous jeweling they used creates a contrast alongside the text (see pic with lights off) and the LED -is- way too bright. I love LEDs but it's harsh. Dimming it w/software would be helpful (I'm not putting a diffuser on) as the other inserts all seem dimmer than these anyway.
- The left troll slams against the left ramp rail. Not sure if this is normal or what....I'll have to check that thread on issues out of the box.
- Don't use the pre-pitted balls they give you. Really poor quality.

Capture_(resized).PNGCapture2_(resized).PNG2B9A7314_(resized).JPGIMG_20160604_111347_(resized).jpg2B9A7316_(resized).JPG2B9A7324_(resized).JPG2B9A7322_(resized).JPG2B9A7327_(resized).JPGIMG_20160604_114319_(resized).jpgIMG_20160604_114308_(resized).jpg2B9A7333_(resized).JPG2B9A7334_(resized).JPG2B9A7335_(resized).JPG2B9A7321_(resized).JPG2B9A7331_(resized).JPG2B9A7330_(resized).JPG2B9A7326_(resized).JPG2B9A7328_(resized).JPG

2B9A7329_(resized).JPG

#3847 3 years ago

Looks like they definitely fixed the inserts on newer games. Which to me is an admission of guilt from CGC that they had printing problems and decided to do something about it. Pisses me off that us affected by the light print get styrene and a "falls within our tolerance" excuse. Happy for you new owners that are getting properly printed playfields.

#3848 3 years ago

Now that it looks like they have the ink process down, how hard would it be to whip out a few extra playfields for those that got hosed?

#3849 3 years ago

I received my MMR LE on 5/25/16 (last week) and posted a photo here immediately after delivery. The carton looked fine -- no areas of concern including clamping or crush points. I had an incident of concealed damage (new TV) in the past, so I'm pretty alert when it comes to signing off on deliveries.
I did notice a piece of brown tape on the back corner, but there wasn't an indention nor any sign of damage. The opposite back corner was pretty much flawless.

I decided to unbox it tonight to get it prepped for transport upstairs (shrinkwrap, blankets, etc.). I discovered a nice scratch on the left side of the cabinet (which matches up with where the outer tape is placed).

I'd like to believe it was R+L Carriers who concealed the damage, but who knows? I know these things happen, but it's the last thing I want to deal with right now. I have absolutely no time (or patience) for DIY decal replacement.

DUST: Mine was covered in sawdust. It's the same fine powder you'll find in a speaker cabinet factory, except they do a proper job of wiping their products before packing. Don't believe those who say it's from the carton because it's NOT.

I also have a long faint scratch on the lockdown bar, along with a rust-like blemish on the corner of it. Needless to say, I've initiated a support ticket. Passing off the cruddy lockdown bar is pretty shady on an $8,000 item -- even if it's to a route operator.

shipment_(resized).jpg
Inside_carton_(resized).jpg
Scratch_(resized).jpg
lockbar_(resized).jpg
lockbar2_(resized).jpg

#3850 3 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

I discovered a nice scratch on the left side of the cabinet

In a previous post PPS said you should file a claim against the shipper. He had no answer what to do if it was a defect from the factory.
So at least you have somebody to place a claim with.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
10,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 4194 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside