IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 84.
#3751 7 years ago

It would be awesome if someone made one of those cabinets to play the pinball arcade app on it...
Worlds smallest virtual pin!

I could fit a lot more games in my house too.

#3752 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

What # Number MMR standard pin did you get?

It was #1036. Manufactured April 9, 2016.

#3753 7 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Sorry if I missed this, How quick was it again from order to delivery?

#3754 7 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry if I missed this, How quick was it again from order to delivery?

He said 2 1/2 years

#3755 7 years ago

Right - order was placed 11/5/2013.

#3756 7 years ago

I almost had your neighbor machine. Atleast we were on the production line at the same time. This was the pin I used for everyone to see and play at the Winston-Salem auction.

It was a hit.

20160521_120318_(resized).jpg20160521_120318_(resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1463976852931_(resized).jpgFB_IMG_1463976852931_(resized).jpg

#3757 7 years ago

Thanks, a wishful owner someday. Carry on with well earned unboxings.

#3758 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

...and they'll blow it off like all the other shitstorms.
As long as people keep sending them money, they will not change.

Shitstorms? Like coin mechs, registration issues, start button not centred, faded inserts, handprints on the base, standards getting high quality bases? Stuff that 99% of people don't give a shit about, yet the loud minority of 'collector' whiners who aren't even in on the machine try to create drama about. If I was running PPS/CGC I'd blow all that bullshit off too!
Mistakes have been made, sure. But from what you read on here from a small but annoyingly predictable cohort you would think PPS/CGC had robbed people blind and made off with their wives. In the context of them actually getting this machine made after what we went through with Wayne back in the 00's, the complaints are pathetic.

#3759 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

PPS/CGC had robbed people blind and made off with their wives

"They took our wives!" (Cheers)

#3760 7 years ago

Found out yesterday that I'm #30 in line for a standard from Game Room Guys. I guess that means I'll be receiving mine sometime in 2019.

#3761 7 years ago

How many people here are still waiting for their MMR LE? Did they all ship out?

#3762 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

Shitstorms? Like coin mechs, registration issues, start button not centred, faded inserts, handprints on the base, standards getting high quality bases? Stuff that 99% of people don't give a shit about,

I'd say 100% of those receiving games with defects do give somewhat of a shit, but perhaps not enough to return the game...

How many customers received their MMR and had *no* disappointments whatsoever? Judging from comments, not too many. Most are happy to have the game, but disappointed with one or another aspect of the purchase...

#3763 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

Found out yesterday that I'm #30 in line for a standard from Game Room Guys. I guess that means I'll be receiving mine sometime in 2019.

Are you being sarcastic?God i hope so.............

#3764 7 years ago

MMR LE ordered in october 2013... not yet delivered.
In fact, not one European game has yet been delivered...

#3765 7 years ago

Still waiting LE black trim... JJP

#3766 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I almost had your neighbor machine. Atleast we were on the production line at the same time. This was the pin I used for everyone to see and play at the Winston-Salem auction.
It was a hit.

Fortunately for us, I guess one day the workers said "Aw screw it. Let's build some Standards today."

#3767 7 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Are you being sarcastic?God i hope so.............

Well, I was being sarcastic about my anticipated delivery date, but at time goes on, and promised delivery dates move further and further into the past, 2019 may not be that far off of a guess after all. I'm probably going to give it to the end of July, and if I don't have a firm date by then, cancel my order.

#3768 7 years ago
Quoted from Schlauch:

MMR LE ordered in october 2013... not yet delivered.
In fact, not one European game has yet been delivered...

England isn't in Europe?

#3769 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

England isn't in Europe?

Well the Brexit vote is coming up, so ...

#3770 7 years ago

Still waiting on LE paid in full well over a year ago from JJP (recommended by PPS by the way - the guy that says "watch who you pick for a reseller) with little info from anyone. Those pimps for PPS/CGC that make comments that all the negative stuff is from "whiner collectors" that don't even own a game are the jerks. This is an $8,000 item that we have a right to made to quality standards and cuustomers to get service and problems fixed. This has been a 2 1/2 year nightmare for many and if I ran my business like this I would have no repeat customers. BTW -- the market for an $8,000 pinball ARE for the most part collectors, not the common consumer, and they want their "collectibles" to be high quality, especially the most expensive piece in their line-up (unless they own a Rockola World Series that is).

#3771 7 years ago

Well I finally am posting pictures. Happy with the product. Mine came with damage. Had to have happened in the factory. Shipping box was perfect. I guess we will see how they handle customer service.

20160511_162956_(resized).jpg20160511_162956_(resized).jpg

20160511_151010_(resized).jpg20160511_151010_(resized).jpg

20160511_151336_(resized).jpg20160511_151336_(resized).jpg

#3772 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

Still waiting on LE paid in full well over a year ago from JJP (recommended by PPS by the way - the guy that says "watch who you pick for a reseller) with little info from anyone. Those pimps for PPS/CGC that make comments that all the negative stuff is from "whiner collectors" that don't even own a game are the jerks. This is an $8,000 item that we have a right to made to quality standards and cuustomers to get service and problems fixed. This has been a 2 1/2 year nightmare for many and if I ran my business like this I would have no repeat customers. BTW -- the market for an $8,000 pinball ARE for the most part collectors, not the common consumer, and they want their "collectibles" to be high quality, especially the most expensive piece in their line-up (unless they own a Rockola World Series that is).

#3773 7 years ago
Quoted from PinDescabarian:

Well I finally am posting pictures. Happy with the product. Mine came with damage. Had to have happened in the factory. Shipping box was perfect. I guess we will see how they handle customer service.

That interesting, I had nearly the identical(same pattern) damage on mine where the decal on the back box is. They sent one out right away, I 've had really good service after the sale so far.

#3774 7 years ago

Also still waiting. MMRLE black trim from JJP. 3 weeks ago I was told that I was 18th on the list for Black. Wonder how long that will take or how many JJP blacks got theirs in that time. Hoping it comes soon

#3775 7 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

the guy that says "watch who you pick for a reseller) with little info from anyone.

#3776 7 years ago

PinDescabarian... sorry to hear/see your damage on your new MMr. Hopefully you'll be able to work something out with whomever.

Man the Black is purdy! I was in on black from day one. IMO: the Black trim is the beautiful I couldn't wait beyond 2 years and bailed into 2 others pins. No regrets tho. Enjoy your new game!

#3777 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

England isn't in Europe?

Well, sorry, wanted to say "CONTINENTAL" Europe. We'll see how we have to call it in a month...

#3778 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

That interesting, I had nearly the identical(same pattern) damage on mine where the decal on the back box is. They sent one out right away, I 've had really good service after the sale so far.

Did they just send out a decal for you to put on?

#3779 7 years ago

Regarding that damage, but 4 that to be shipped like thats is so bad n just proves cgc dont give a flying fark.As 4 me im still waiting 4 spare parts like touch up paint 4 over 5 months n last few months all i here is crickets.

#3780 7 years ago

Still waiting for a gold trimmed LE........

#3781 7 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

Regarding that damage, but 4 that to be shipped like thats is so bad n just proves cgc dont give a flying fark.As 4 me im still waiting 4 spare parts like touch up paint 4 over 5 months n last few months all i here is crickets.

Regarding fixing the damage. Are they expecting the customer to remove old decal and apply new decal. Also am I going to be responsible to wood putty the gouge missing from corner and then paint. I hope that is not Chicago answer to a fix.

#3782 7 years ago

front of backbox of mine all around edges on mine has fine scratches which ya cant see unless looking close but still shouldnt b there, as for your damage they should send out a whole new decaled backbox for u,im expecting decals for mine at front n side n they asked if id be able to do it myself.i couldve in theory asked for them to pay sumone to do it but i thought id wait 4 ever for them to reminburse me 4 sum1s labour so i just opted for decals which am yet to see

#3783 7 years ago

Regarding fixing the damage. Are they expecting the customer to remove old decal and apply new decal. Also am I going to be responsible to wood putty the gouge missing from corner and then paint. I hope that is not Chicago answer to a fix.

I think it is a fair guess that CGC/PPS will send you the replacement parts at no charge, but expects you, or whomever you pay, to install them. This would include using the wood putty to fill in the gouge.

#3784 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think it is a fair guess that CGC/PPS will send you the replacement parts at no charge, but expects you, or whomever you pay, to install them. This would include using the wood putty to fill in the gouge.

Yep. You'll get a decal, but will be pretty much on your own installing it. Or maybe they'll say it's a "variation" in the cabinet and that it's within build specifications

#3785 7 years ago

CGC/PPS has dropped the ball as far as packaging goes. It's pretty sparse for protection when you first open it up and have a look. It's really a crap shoot whether your machine gets damaged or not.
There is areas for improvement for sure!

#3786 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

CGC/PPS has dropped the ball as far as packaging goes. It's pretty sparse for protection when you first open it up and have a look. It's really a crap shoot whether your machine gets damaged or not.
There is areas for improvement for sure!

Isn't packaging pretty much identical to how the Sterns are usually shipped out?

Hell, it almost seems like you'd be better off with your machine being completely destroyed in shipping (and warranting a full replacement) than having minor cosmetic damages that you'd be stuck trying to fix yourself.

I currently learned after attempting to install my diffuser that I'm going to have to recruit outside help (at my own expense) to help (presumably) "fix" my hideous looking inserts.

#3787 7 years ago

Did they just send out a decal for you to put on?

They ended up sending just the decal and I've never done decals so I was thinking I was going to call someone to come over and take care of it for me.Here's the thing I found it, its not that difficult for the back box decal. Which surprised me after all of the machines I've seen being sold with an extra decal to fix the scratch still in the one being sold. I kept asking myself why is no one repairing their scratched decals, the decal repairs must be impossible. First off, i'm not qualified to give you advise on how to do it, only to say its not that difficult(lots of you tube videos). Honestly its more nerve racking thinking about it than doing it, but with heat gun or blow dryer it comes right off then just remove the glue. The cabinets already perfect underneath so the hardest part is getting the glue off and lining up the new one. Tape things off for safety with blue painters tape. If your not comfortable I'd call someone. It took about 20 minutes or so total and 30 minutes of research and patience when actually laying down the decal. I don't think i'd have the courage for a side decal though.

Getting a pin with damage is not fun at all, but it feels good to get it handled and be a part of the fix. I'd sure like a full service fix, parts, labor and warranty, but I don't think thats normal in the pinball industry unless you buy it from a local retailer. I had a small touch up spot as well on the cab(smaller than your) The decal that came was a bit bigger so it helped conceal the area.

#3788 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Isn't packaging pretty much identical to how the Sterns are usually shipped out?

Stern uses a fancy vacuum forming packaging system to protect their games before they slide them in the box. At one of the past Expos it was actually a stop on the tour and the guy that was the sales person that sold it to them was demonstrating it for everyone. It was done as a response to previous complaints about the Stern games being damaged in shipping and those claims (except for when the box is obviously damaged of course) seemed to pretty much end with that new implementation. It's a shame that CGC can't use the same but it may have something to do with the fact that the games in this case are required to ship over the CGC after assembly for inspection.

#3789 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Just as auto dealers expect people to sand, spray and touchup factory flaws themselves on their new cars. Oh, wait...

#3790 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Just as auto dealers expect people to sand, spray and touchup factory flaws themselves on their new cars. Oh, wait...

Yes, but you're talking about cars! Cars are extremely expensive purchases that cost thousands of dollars! Whereas pinball machines - oh, wait . . . Yeah.

#3791 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

I currently learned after attempting to install my diffuser that I'm going to have to recruit outside help (at my own expense) to help (presumably) "fix" my hideous looking inserts.

You should just place one of the small diffusers under one of the worst inserts hold it in place with a bit of tape or something and turn it on to test what it looks like. I would guess that there is a good chance you would decide not to bother paying someone to install them.

#3792 7 years ago

So far I am disappointed. It's a beautiful game...I have black trim LE.......but the game malfunctioned right out of the box. I am waiting for an opto board and hoping that works.

#3793 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

You should just place one of the small diffusers under one of the worst inserts hold it in place with a bit of tape or something and turn it on to test what it looks like. I would guess that there is a good chance you would decide not to bother paying someone to install them.

That is actually what I did. I screwed one of the smaller bits under the Duke of Bourbon insert. Basically, the diffuser does what it is supposed to do, by dimming the hot spots (and the brightness). In turns, this makes the text more legible at the expense of losing that LED "wow" factor that some people like. The difference is not as significant as CGC claims, but it is a slight improvement.

Although it does not change the fact that the ink still looks terrible. In fact, it makes it even more obvious that the ink is clearly not even black, but more of a transluscent gray. Similar to what a document looks like on my printer when it's running out of ink.

I suppose it's worth the installation from a cosmetic standpoint, but I maintain my stance that the ink sucks and they should be ashamed of shipping playfields out that look as terrible as mine does. So I don't see it as a "satisfying" solution and I will state this on my CGC ticket.

#3794 7 years ago

Double

#3795 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

That is actually what I did. I screwed one of the smaller bits under the Duke of Bourbon insert. Basically, the diffuser does what it is supposed to do, by dimming the hot spots (and the brightness). In turns, this makes the text more legible at the expense of losing that LED "wow" factor that some people like. The difference is not as significant as CGC claims, but it is a slight improvement.
Although it does not change the fact that the ink still looks terrible. In fact, it makes it even more obvious that the ink is clearly not even black, but more of a transluscent gray. Similar to what a document looks like on my printer when it's running out of ink.
I suppose it's worth the installation from a cosmetic standpoint, but I maintain my stance that the ink sucks and they should be ashamed of shipping playfields out that look as terrible as mine does. So I don't see it as a "satisfying" solution and I will state this on my CGC ticket.

Can you tell me more about your inserts? I haven't read the other 75 pages in this thread, and I am not familiar with this issue.

#3796 7 years ago
Quoted from kicker:

Can you tell me more about your inserts? I haven't read the other 75 pages in this thread, and I am not familiar with this issue.

In an attempt not to send this thread astray...

There have been machines sent out where the ink (primarily in the white, kingdom inserts) is transparent when lit, making them almost impossible to read.

here's a link to a thread that addresses this point:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-mmr-insert-pics-here

#3797 7 years ago

Howdy all:
Has anyone else experienced these problems?
1) Sometimes when I turn the game on, it says loading and then just a couple playfield lights come on after it finishes loading. When that happens I have to turn the game off and then back on again.

2) Sometimes the ball does not kick out? This happens especially during multiball. The plunger fires but the balls do not kick out? I tried unplugging and plugging back in the connectors but that did not help

Did this happen to any of you??

Thanks!!

#3798 7 years ago

Could someone explain something to me about Castle Multiball? Sometimes during my game the whole process of "lock is lit" then the next two locked balls seems to reset and then I start over again without ever having triggered multiball. Was looking to see if something in the game menu explained this. Does that sound correct?

#3799 7 years ago

Could someone explain something to me about Castle Multiball? Sometimes during my game the whole process of "lock is lit" then the next two locked balls seems to reset and then I start over again without ever having triggered multiball. Was looking to see if something in the game menu explained this. Does that sound correct?

Does not sound right. With default settings, all 3 locks are lit at the start of the game. Three shots to the lock will start multiball. Doesn't have to be all on a single ball. The next time through no locks are lit and each shot to the lock alternates between lighting lock and locking a ball...so six shots are needed to start it a second time.

#3800 7 years ago

Absolutely horrible....In an attempt to be honest about this thread being hijacked.....

Quoted from jrockne:In an attempt not to send this thread astray...
There have been machines sent out where the ink (primarily in the white, kingdom inserts) is transparent when lit, making them almost impossible to read.
here's a link to a thread that addresses this point:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-your-mmr-insert-pics-here

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 64.99
$ 29.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/76?hl=surfajl77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.