IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 84.
#3701 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is JJP aware that Rick has said only unpaid machines have yet to ship? In other words he's implying that JJP did not send the money on to CGC as they said they would? Something doesn't add up here.

When Rick makes a statement like that, it's about PPS as a distributor.
The statement is about all the distributors. I asked Rick this question in the PPS forum.
I'll see if I can find the link. The post is from many weeks ago.

#3702 7 years ago

My purchase was through JJP, so they are shipping. At what rate, I couldn't tell you.

The lack of transparency is extremely frustrating, because you can't tell who is not being completely truthful. My gut feeling is everyone is dropping the ball.

#3703 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

The statement is about all the distributors. I asked Rick this question in the PPS forum.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,636.30.html
Reply #33 on March 30th
BTW I'm still waiting for my LE.

#3704 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is JJP aware that Rick has said only unpaid machines have yet to ship? In other words he's implying that JJP did not send the money on to CGC as they said they would? Something doesn't add up here.

I think Rick said he could only speak for PPS customers, not for other distributors.
Maybe I missed a post.

^Beat me to it^

#3705 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Ah, sorry. You think I'd have learned but it's still often difficult to tell when Rick's speaking for PPS and when he's speaking for CGC (or I guess relaying information relevant to the entire project rather than just PPS in its limited role as a distributor).

EDIT: this quote from Rick a bit later in that thread illustrates that the line b/w PPS and CGC remains fuzzy:

"PPS is a part of the whole project, and the specific roles we play is not really needed for public consumption, but suffice it to say that we have alot of influence and leverage on alot of things as well as have direct channel into Stern and CGC. So, I have no idea what the point of your post is, but if it weren't for PPS you wouldn't have the game that you have and you wouldn't have the issues addressed the way they are addressed - and quite frankly would not be as good of a game. That being said, there are certain things that CGC is responsible for and some of those things we cannot change"

#3706 7 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Did the Twisted Pins orders get sorted out in the end?

that's what i'm wondering...and the only reason i'm still following this thread at this point.

i hope nobody gets screwed.

#3707 7 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Did the Twisted Pins orders get sorted out in the end?

Quoted from pudluther:

that's what i'm wondering...and the only reason i'm still following this thread at this point.
i hope nobody gets screwed.

Here's the Twisted Pins thread, no new posts in a month so I'm assuming no positive developments:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-beware/page/2#post-3113401

#3708 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here's the Twisted Pins thread, no new posts in a month so I'm assuming no positive developments:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twisted-pins-beware/page/2#post-3113401

what an a-hole.

#3709 7 years ago

We are not trolls. There a lot of us still waiting for MMR LEs. I would bet a $1 that most of us are waiting for black trim.

#3710 7 years ago

MMR LE #843 hit the Pacific Ocean this morning. I wouldn't have purchased this pin without all the great feedback from you (the community), so thank you. I will officially unbox it after I finish painting the room.

FWIW, I purchased directly through PPS. Rick was a pro on executing the sale and shipping info, especially since I was in the process of moving. I didn't have any questions or concerns, but if I did, I know he would personally respond in a timely manner. I would purchase from PPS again.

IMG_20160525_095935_(resized).jpgIMG_20160525_095935_(resized).jpg

#3711 7 years ago

Still wanting for a black mmr from jjp.
Was 35th on list at beginning of this year.
15th back on list in March.
Now been 3rd on list as of May 8th.

I don't agree with the standards rolling out before the LE are done.

#3712 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

We are not trolls. There a lot of us still waiting for MMR LEs. I would bet a $1 that most of us are waiting for black trim.

I wonder if its trim color or distributor choice that's determinative at this point. Other than PPS, is there any distributor that's received their full allotment of MMRs?

#3713 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I wonder if its trim color or distributor choice that's determinative at this point. Other than PPS, is there any distributor that's received their full allotment of MMRs?

All my customers have received their MMR LE's months ago. I will have MMR Standards at the Atlanta show for folks to play and one NIB for sale. Granted I know my allocation was a lot less than PPS or JJP.

[email protected]

Flip N Out Pinball

#3714 7 years ago
Quoted from C_kubie:

Still wanting for a black mmr from jjp.
Was 35th on list at beginning of this year.
15th back on list in March.
Now been 3rd on list as of May 8th.
I don't agree with the standards rolling out before the LE are done.

Out of curiosity, when did you pay up? Katie has never given me an idea of how many were in front of me, maybe this could help me figure out where I stand.

#3715 7 years ago

My day finally arrived - a standard MMR was delivered today. For 2 1/2 years I felt like the one oddball that wasn't getting an LE. Shouldn't the LEs by definition be more rare than the Standards?

Still - it was worth the wait. It plays beautifully. I'm pretty sure mine has the issue with the castle inserts, but if I never read about the controversy in this forum I would have assumed it was normal.

I'm also glad for some of the more specific instructions on where to find the backbox key. You would think "inside the coin door" would be sufficient. But this must be some kind of brain teaser where some people see the key and some people don't. I was convinced mine was missing until I read a post about it being tight against the coin mech and then - like magic - there it was. It's pretty freaking obvious too, so I felt kind of dumb.

Now I'm just trying to find the same shaker motor that's used in the LEs. The manual lists it as PIN-SUB-SHAKRMO and CGC claims this is the one that must be installed - so you would think it could be purchased somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

#3716 7 years ago

Shaker motors will be available from PPS or your distributor. Just not yet. I don't have a date but as more Standards are being delivered more folks will be looking for them. Make sure you only use a shaker motor designed especially for this game
As soon as I have some in stock I will post it.
Larry
Flip N Out Pinball

#3717 7 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

My day finally arrived - a standard MMR was delivered today. For 2 1/2 years I felt like the one oddball that wasn't getting an LE. Shouldn't the LEs by definition be more rare than the Standards?

Wait, you ordered yours 2 1/2 years ago ? The Standards were the same price as the LE ....why didn't you just get the LE? You're now going to pay extra for the shaker that would have been included.

#3718 7 years ago

Other than the shaker, what is the difference between standard and LE???

#3719 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Colored trim. I think that's it though. Originally there was going to be a different glass or something, but I believe that was changed..

(If I were to get an LE, I'd remove the shaker. I don't understand the intense interest with shakers..)

What'd I miss?

#3720 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlieNY:

Numbered Plaque
Thicker wood on the bottom
Trim choices in gold and black
Shaker included
I think there was something on the back box...might have been finished edges???

Not sure if I'm missing anything?

#3721 7 years ago

Waiting on black here. Will be 2 years in June. Paid in July 14

#3722 7 years ago

The one I saw in Winston was a standard but had a sticker on the bottom of the playfield that said LE.

#3723 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wait, you ordered yours 2 1/2 years ago ? The Standards were the same price as the LE ....why didn't you just get the LE? You're now going to pay extra for the shaker that would have been included.

You're right, but I ordered this days after the MMR announcement when supposedly all the LEs were sold out. Of course that wasn't really true, but after I realized that - every LE I saw advertised was suddenly priced higher than $8K or required the full amount due immediately (rather than a $1000 deposit which is what I paid initially for mine). So I decided to just wait (a wait that was originally supposed to be a year).

#3724 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Thicker wood on the bottom

Was actually solid ply base vs. MDF on the Std. Can any of the std owners confirm whether they got ply or MDF base? My guess is they ended up using the same cab for both models.

#3725 7 years ago

And remember all the LEs will be built first....oops, nevermind.

#3726 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was actually solid ply base vs. MDF on the Std. Can any of the std owners confirm whether they got ply or MDF base? My guess is they ended up using the same cab for both models.

My STD base looks the same as the LEs I see in the pictures. I posted a picture of my base earlier in this thread. You can see its not MDF, there are grains in the wood. Only difference is lack of the sticker on the apron and shaker.

The LE guys in the USA who haven't gotten the game yet, I would think it's down to shenanigan's with your distributor.

#3727 7 years ago

Something continues to go wrong in the industry when "thicker cabinet plywood" is an upgraded game feature.

#3728 7 years ago

would not post correctly jumbled it all together

#3729 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

LIMITED EDITION (LE) STANDARD (STD)
Includes Shaker Motor Shaker Motor at optional Cost
Gold or Black or Silver Trim Silver Trim
Double Playfield Hard Coat Double Playfield Hard Coat (this was a change for STD)
Limited to 1000 Games Not Limited
Game # & Plaque No Game # or Plaque
Finished Backbox Edges Unfinished (as original) backbox Edges
Plywood Bottom (stronger more solid) Original MDF Bottom
Other(tbd) No Other(tbd
These are the differences between the LE and Standard taken of PPS's website.
I've got a post on PPS's website asking Rick if they are indeed shipping LE cabinets as Standards.
I really hope that is not the case.

My Standard has everything the LE has, except the Apron sticker and Shaker. Backbox edges are finished. Bottom is plywood. My playfield even has MMR LE ### written on the underside of it.

#3730 7 years ago

Just another debacle by PPS AND CGC.
LE owners preordered for those differences.
PPS and CGC will be facing a shitstorm over this one.

#3731 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

My Standard has everything the LE has, except the Apron sticker and Shaker. Backbox edges are finished. Bottom is plywood. My playfield even has MMR LE ### written on the underside of it.

Well, that's just another kick in the pants.

#3732 7 years ago

I'm pretty much at the end of JJP'S black MMR list, and just got a call from Echo Global in Chicago that my machine is going out today. Ironically, I talked to Jack at JJP yesterday and he expressed deep frustration at the whole thing and said he hoped to have more LEs in next week....looks like they came early.

#3733 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

J

There might be a shitstorm here, but more likely everyone is over it and just wants color....but even if it goes off here neither CGC or PPS will give a toss. I see someone has posted about it on the PPS forum, I guess they are in line to get angry emails and PMs to try to dissuade them from posting negatively like I did.

#3734 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I see someone has posted about it on the PPS forum, I guess they are in line to get angry emails and PMs to try to dissuade them from posting negatively like I did.

Yep, the PPS forums will have a second locked thread in as many days. These supposed upgrades seemed to be the reason a lot of folks were hanging on to their LE deposits. I think there will be backlash if everyone is getting them, but then I can understand from a manufacturing perspective how it would be much harder to keep all those features separated from the standard production stock...

#3735 7 years ago

meh, who cares? really......is it worth being upset over? LE's are still numbered and standards are not, that's the real difference

#3736 7 years ago

I personally don't mind standards getting every "upgrade" the LE buyers were expecting. I liked the option of having a trim choice and and the shaker is a plus. The rest of the stuff just seems like something every owner would want another owner to have.

#3737 7 years ago

And it's not like the LEs cost more.

#3738 7 years ago

I just received a tracking number that my LE that has been paid in full since July 2014 shipped yesterday. With my luck, it will probably arrive while I am out of town for the holiday weekend

Hopefully there will be no damage in transit and I can post an unboxing pic next week sometime.

#3739 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

...and they'll blow it off like all the other shitstorms.

As long as people keep sending them money, they will not change.

#3740 7 years ago

Got tracking info today on mine, Pin in transit

#3741 7 years ago

MMR_(resized).jpgMMR_(resized).jpg

#3742 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

It's metal, not a sticker and looks pretty nice. The rest of the art on the apron is stickers and doesn't look so great.

#3743 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Ummm sure... because THIS issue is the one that deserves outrage

#3744 7 years ago

Nobody ordered an LE for the "upgrades". I wish all models were identical. Good to hear they are (sans shaker).

#3745 7 years ago

I could care less if the standard buyers get a few perks. Good for them. It would be nice if CGC threw us LE owners a bone with free color for the 2+ year wait, but it is what it is.

#3746 7 years ago

Let's hope when PPS/CGC do AFMr there is no LE, just a AFMr

#3747 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Let's hope when PPS/CGC do AFMr there is no LE, just a AFMr

Agree 100%. I don't want to feel pushed into preordering to get the next PPS/CGC LE, only to find out the Standard is the same if you just add a shaker after you buy it.

Plus the logistics are easier if they just have to build and ship to one spec. If they did that for the current game, I think it would have gone a lot smoother for everyone.

#3748 7 years ago

What # Number MMR standard pin did you get?

Quoted from rennervision:

Still - it was worth the wait. It plays beautifully. I'm pretty sure mine has the issue with the castle inserts, but if I never read about the controversy in this forum I would have assumed it was normal.
I'm also glad for some of the more specific instructions on where to find the backbox key. You would think "inside the coin door" would be sufficient. But this must be some kind of brain teaser where some people see the key and some people don't. I was convinced mine was missing until I read a post about it being tight against the coin mech and then - like magic - there it was. It's pretty freaking obvious too, so I felt kind of dumb.
Now I'm just trying to find the same shaker motor that's used in the LEs. The manual lists it as PIN-SUB-SHAKRMO and CGC claims this is the one that must be installed - so you would think it could be purchased somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

#3749 7 years ago

Their #2 will have no color options for trim.

#3750 7 years ago

There's a problem at CGC. Attack from Mars will be delayed.
Something about the coins won't fit in the "Coin Mechs"
I really think CGC got the dimensions wrong.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.