IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 84.
#3651 7 years ago

This thread actually needs to be shut down, as it has taken on another dimension again, far from the unboxing realm.

#3652 7 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

This thread actually needs to be shut down, as it has taken on another dimension again, far from the unboxing realm.

What he said.

#3653 7 years ago
Quoted from elcolonel:

This thread does not need to be shut down... just kept on tract.

Reminder to everyone: check the thread title before posting here "MMR Unboxing". This is not the place to discuss original MM prices.

#3654 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

All I was trying to say is 8k new in box for a nearly identical remake is great for so many people, who could never get the experience or refused to pay those double digit prices.

Nearly identical???

Identical_rolls_eyes_(resized).jpgIdentical_rolls_eyes_(resized).jpg

#3655 7 years ago

Hope they send some machines out this week... We need more unboxings!!!

#3656 7 years ago

Should see mine by the end of the week. Depending on customs.

#3657 7 years ago

For sure!
My son and I are duking it out for Grand Champion status .
I've got it right now with a score of 55 Million.
I know it's not the greatest score but we only been playing it for about a week now on and off.
He's played it far more than me. He's been having his friends over consistently for the last week!
The game is fun and addictive! Everyone loves the game!
All those still waiting. You will love it! Well worth the wait!

#3658 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

There is a big difference between ASKING price and selling price. Pinsiders often laugh at the Craigslist listings of sellers who use an inflated eBay asking price as the basis for the pin's "value."
"They are selling on eBay for X right now."
Umm....no.

I was around back then. I remember the asks approaching 15K but didn't think anyone was actually paying those prices. Top dollar seemed to be around 12-13K. I guess it's possible some sold higher than 15K but I didn't see 'em.

Edit, didn't see latest re-tracking effort til I clicked next page. Good luck.. there needs to be pins to unbox before unboxings can happen. Hopefully production becomes un-constipated soon!

#3660 7 years ago

This guy who just posted will have an unboxing very soon.

#3661 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

This thread does not need to be shut down... just kept on tract.
Reminder to everyone: check the thread title before posting here "MMR Unboxing". This is not the place to discuss original MM prices.

I had made a separate post about MMr. Asking to post pics of the Inserts. As the other threads were getting filled up with things other than the tread titles. And wanted to get real data about the inserts and those that felt they had the issue. It seems the same people derailing this thread try to derail every thread about MMr.

Click on their post history and read a couple of their posts.
Then click ignore.

Mmr treads returned on track.

#3662 7 years ago

I saw the serial number 1033 unboxed in Winston and the inserts looked fine to me.

#3663 7 years ago

Has anyone received a shipping notification this week? Seem like shipping has slowed/stopped again....

I find it harder everyday to stay in this S@*T show.... I know it shouldn't be long now, but really. I'm at the end of my rope, I can say now I will wait out the next title to see if they can get their act together in the future before going through this again. All it would take is some simple COMMUNICATION!

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent....

#3664 7 years ago

I just emailed gameroom guys, and they got right back to me. They said they have only shipped 2 standards, and I am 8 on the list. They guess possibly 2-3 weeks, but they did say guess.

#3665 7 years ago
Quoted from mattbot:

I just emailed gameroom guys, and they got right back to me. They said they have only shipped 2 standards, and I am 8 on the list. They guess possibly 2-3 weeks, but they did say guess.

Thanks for the info. I am number 15 on GameRoomGuys STD list so once you post your unboxing mine should be around the corner.

#3666 7 years ago

So #990 finally showed up today. It took almost two weeks to get to my door. Everything was packaged up nicely, and there was no damage. It just took forever to get here.

A few bullet points:
* The insert ink sucks. I've attached a picture below, but the camera really makes it look better than it is.
* The gold armor really doesn't look gold. I saw a lot of pictures of the gold and I thought about changing it to black, but I stuck with it, because a few pinsiders were saying it looks a lot better in person. IMO it doesn't. Looks more like a bronze than gold.
* No diffusers were installed.
* The build quality is outstanding. (Aside from the inserts) They really did an awesome job on this title.
* It plays great. I've played a few MM in my time, and I could not tell the difference.

Overall, I'm extremely excited to have a brand new MMr in my house. The wait really sucked, and the minor issues with insert ink and armor color are disappointing, but the game plays great.

mm01_(resized).jpgmm01_(resized).jpg
mm02_(resized).jpgmm02_(resized).jpg
mm03_(resized).jpgmm03_(resized).jpg
mm04_(resized).jpgmm04_(resized).jpg
mm05_(resized).jpgmm05_(resized).jpg

#3667 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

So #990 finally showed up today. It took almost two weeks to get to my door. Everything was packaged up nicely, and there was no damage. It just took forever to get here.
A few bullet points:
* The insert ink sucks. I've attached a picture below, but the camera really makes it look better than it is.
* The gold armor really doesn't look gold. I saw a lot of pictures of the gold and I thought about changing it to black, but I stuck with it, because a few pinsiders were saying it looks a lot better in person. IMO it doesn't. Looks more like a bronze than gold.
* The build quality is outstanding. (Aside from the inserts) They really did an awesome job on this title.
* It plays great. I've played a few MM in my time, and I could not tell the difference.
Overall, I'm extremely excited to have a brand new MMr in my house. The wait really sucked, and the minor issues with insert ink and armor color are disappointing, but the game plays great.

That ink looks pretty good actually. I've seen much worse.

#3668 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That ink looks pretty good actually. I've seen much worse.

I took 8 pictures. They all looked very similar. Like I said, the camera makes it look a lot better than it does in person. I wish it was better, but I'm having too much fun to be angry right now.

#3669 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I took 8 pictures. They all looked very similar. Like I said, the camera makes it look a lot better than it does in person. I wish it was better, but I'm having too much fun to be angry right now.

Congrats on the new game and glad you're not letting this issue get in the way of your fun. It really is a sweet machine!

#3670 7 years ago

My inserts look exactly the same. Definitely better than many of them, but not as good as the first run. Change out the speakers to dual cone and a powered subwoofer and you will have a completely different sounding machine.

#3671 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

My inserts look exactly the same. Definitely better than many of them, but not as good as the first run. Change out the speakers to dual cone and a powered subwoofer and you will have a completely different sounding machine.

What size dual cone and what brand sounds best?

#3672 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

What size dual cone and what brand sounds best?

These work great. Fit perfect and sound great. Make sure you see the thread about replacing MMr speakers showing the wiring changes:

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TSG1345R-5-25-Inch-2-Way-Speakers/dp/B00NF5EQHK

#3673 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Here are mine. Video is much better at getting a more accurate depicition than a pic. What you see is what I see. And I see crap.
Lord H . . . ? Who?
» YouTube video

good lord. that's awful.

#3674 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

These work great. Fit perfect and sound great. Make sure you see the thread about replacing MMr speakers showing the wiring changes

Owners need to check the impedance ohm rating on these speakers before purchase and install.
The Pioneer TS-G1343R model shows the incorrect proper rating of 4 ohms, I cannot find what the listed Pioneer TSG1345R are in design, but my suspicions are they are the same design.
If a person does not understand why, just PM me, as I will not go into details in an unboxing thread.

#3675 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Has anyone received a shipping notification this week? Seem like shipping has slowed/stopped again....
I find it harder everyday to stay in this S@*T show.... I know it shouldn't be long now, but really. I'm at the end of my rope, I can say now I will wait out the next title to see if they can get their act together in the future before going through this again. All it would take is some simple COMMUNICATION!
Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent....

Sadly this is exactly where I am. I paid in full over a year ago, got the "shipping very soon" email in January, and got another similar email a little over a month ago. To add further insult, a local operator got MMR standard and put it in a bar I go to frequently. My distributor says I can cancel and get my money back any time I want and I'm about to take him up on it.

#3676 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Sadly this is exactly where I am. I paid in full over a year ago, got the "shipping very soon" email in January, and got another similar email a little over a month ago. To add further insult, a local operator got MMR standard and put it in a bar I go to frequently. My distributor says I can cancel and get my money back any time I want and I'm about to take him up on it.

Who did you get it with?

#3677 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

A few bullet points:

Nice! I have #669 in Gold trim. I really like the gold trim. Your inserts are wayyyyyy better than mine :-/ If mine looked like yours I would be quite happy. Enjoy your machine, I've got about 400 plays on mine already and Grand Champion at 85 million

#3678 7 years ago

I bought my MMR LE 2nd hand.
I was a previous owner of an Original MM, which I restored from scratch.

I'm more than happy with the remake, perhaps due to it being one of the low production numbers?

Anyway, I thought being an LE, it really needed something to stand out a bit more, so had the trim powdered coated Candy Blue.

Excuse the mess in the background, I'm renting while getting a house built.

MMR_LE-6.jpgMMR_LE-6.jpg

MMR_LE-7.jpgMMR_LE-7.jpg

MMR_LE-8.jpgMMR_LE-8.jpg

MMR_LE-9.jpgMMR_LE-9.jpg

#3679 7 years ago

Looks nice... Much better than the mustard gold. Goes well with the blue hue in the cab.

#3680 7 years ago

WoW! Love the Blue! how did you get the side rails off without damaging the decals?

#3681 7 years ago

Side rails were very easy to remove.
I was ready to use a heat gun, but was a very warm day, so no need.
Started with a bog applicator (credit card or similar would work) slid it up under one of the ends, then found it really didn't need much work to remove it, I ended up just slowly pulling it off.
The double sided tape they use isn't the strongest, which is a good thing.
And a smart thing they did was to trim the decal so it finishes before the double sided tape, so no fear in wrecking the artwork.

#3682 7 years ago

So awesome, where did you get the powder coating done?

#3683 7 years ago

Wow, that candy blue looks amazing!!!

#3684 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Owners need to check the impedance ohm rating on these speakers before purchase and install.
The Pioneer TS-G1343R model shows the incorrect proper rating of 4 ohms, I cannot find what the listed Pioneer TSG1345R are in design, but my suspicions are they are the same design.
If a person does not understand why, just PM me, as I will not go into details in an unboxing thread.

Yes, that is why you have to wire them in series to double the resistance. There is a thread on "upgrading MMr speakers" showing how to wire it. It takes about 20 minutes total to swap out the speakers and wire them correctly.

#3685 7 years ago

Wow Savage-Restores, that candy blue looks magnificent!!!! Great choice of color.

#3686 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I just sent another email, we'll see what answer I get this time...

I just wish they would have knocked all the LE's that were paid for out before shipping standards. Huge slap in our faces...

#3687 7 years ago

Anyone else think they screwed up? Like there are LE's people think they paid for that don't exist? I picked up an LE that was just randomly in stock at a reseller....no wait, under MSRP, free shipping......Something isn't right if people are waiting for LE's....I think all 1000 have been manufactured and shipped at this point.

#3688 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I picked up an LE that was just randomly in stock at a reseller....no wait, under MSRP, free shipping......

Great, let's see some unboxing pics

#3689 7 years ago

Candy blue looks great!!!

#3690 7 years ago

Any LE that I spotted available from a distributor was priced at $9k or $9.5k. I'm surprised you got it under $8k shipped. Well done.

All LE's are not done but finishing soon. Standards are running now too.

#3691 7 years ago

Thanks guys.
I restore pinballs myself, and a Spray Painter by trade.
Was going to 2 pac it Candy blue, but Powered was actually cheaper and they guy I take it too is into restorations himself.

@WackyBrakke it was done in Brisbane, Australia

#3692 7 years ago

That candy blue looks balls! I'd be too nervous to break mine down to get that done, so kudos to you for having the vision to do that!

#3693 7 years ago

Another vote for this superb blue. Congrats... tasty!
Hope to see more MMr blue Unboxings

#3694 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anyone else think they screwed up? Like there are LE's people think they paid for that don't exist? I picked up an LE that was just randomly in stock at a reseller....no wait, under MSRP, free shipping......Something isn't right if people are waiting for LE's....I think all 1000 have been manufactured and shipped at this point.

Same here. I bought mine the same way in the beginning of April. My distributor still lists 5 LE golds in stock.

Either they really screwed up. Or haven't paid in full. Or the distributors they gave their money too haven't paid it to CGC for the games.

Because on the PPS forum, Rick I believe said somewhere that all MMr's paid for in full, have been shipped. A month or so ago.

Or worst case, trolls just claiming they are still waiting. Just to stir up $%&#.
But more than likely CGC not receiving all the $ from a few distributors that spent the cash on GB and other Stern pins hoping to recoup the $ in time. And they f-d it up.

#3695 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Same here. I bought mine the same way in the beginning of April. My distributor still lists 5 LE golds in stock.
Either they really screwed up. Or haven't paid in full. Or the distributors they gave their money too haven't paid it to CGC for the games.
Because on the PPS forum, Rick I believe said somewhere that all MMr's paid for in full, have been shipped. A month or so ago.
Or worst case, trolls just claiming they are still waiting. Just to stir up $%&#.
But more than likely CGC not receiving all the $ from a few distributors that spent the cash on GB and other Stern pins hoping to recoup the $ in time. And they f-d it up.

Buyers backed out of pre-orders due to changing economy conditions and could not afford to pay for their machines, or changed their "instant gratification" title choice, most likely due initially being tired of waiting.

MMr are available (LE or standard), if an owner really wants one, just like an original.

Those that are still legitimately waiting decided to stick with their original order and not "upgrade" and pay additional "price inflation" money, dependent on who the original distributor was in the first place and their "priority" position as a distributor based on relationship with CGC/PPS. Some people are going to waiting quite a while, probably up to another year, which is just unfortunate.

Owners should remember game production is not an exact science, but the buyer holds the power in this economy, if they don't "feed the monster". Don't buy games that do not exist yet.

#3696 7 years ago

Did the Twisted Pins orders get sorted out in the end?

#3697 7 years ago

Not a troll. Stiiiiill waiting. Paid in full jjp since 2014. Black trim

#3698 7 years ago

I am curious how many people end up not getting LE's they think they are in line for.

#3699 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Or the distributors they gave their money too haven't paid it to CGC for the games.

This is what I'm starting to think the problem is, but there's no way to know for sure... which is why it is so frustrating.

Quoted from EricHadley:

Something isn't right, and it seems like JJP has the majority of the waiting customers. Maybe they used my money to front the hobbit production who knows...

I want to see these remakes work, because I never thought I would own a new MM. There are a lot of good things that can come from these remakes. It's just unfortunate that the model seems broken at the moment.

Hopefully within a month I will be posting my unboxing photos... It's the photos people are posting here that keep my last remaining patience in check.

Oh, and that blue trim MMR looks amazing!!!

#3700 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

Not a troll. Stiiiiill waiting. Paid in full jjp since 2014. Black trim

Is JJP aware that Rick has said only unpaid machines have yet to ship? In other words he's implying that JJP did not send the money on to CGC as they said they would? Something doesn't add up here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Saint John, NB
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.