IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 84.
#3602 7 years ago

Shot a very short video of my inserts tonight, as single pictures were never able to capture the real "look" of the shield inserts. This is from game #1018 MMR SE, which was delivered last week. Thoughts?

#3603 7 years ago

Short video, but those look pretty good to me.
The led's are pretty harsh though, I thought they were going to have a dimmer yellowish incandescent look, at least that's what I thought it showed in the Roger Sharpe promo video. Maybe I'm wrong...
Either way, Congrats on the purchase, hope I get mine soon....

#3604 7 years ago

They are definitely dimmer and yellow. Here's the video they show a good view at 5min 40sec:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-video-now-available-featuring-roger-sharpe/

Anyone know why they swapped to the ultra bright whites?

#3605 7 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Short video, but those look pretty good to me.
The led's are pretty harsh though, I thought they were going to have a dimmer yellowish incandescent look, at least that's what I thought it showed in the Roger Sharpe promo video. Maybe I'm wrong...
Either way, Congrats on the purchase, hope I get mine soon....

Thanks man, I must be honest, if I had never visited these forums, I would never have suspected the inserts in my game might not be as good as they could be. Either way, I'm thrilled with the game. I hope you get yours any day now!

#3606 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Shot a very short video of my inserts tonight, as single pictures were never able to capture the real "look" of the shield inserts. This is from game #1018 MMR SE, which was delivered last week. Thoughts?
» YouTube video

Not a thing wrong with the inserts that I saw for 2 seconds, in that video...Keep looking, and reading Huffpost, you will find a reason to be alarmed...Welcome to the 21rst Century!!!!

#3607 7 years ago

Here are mine. Video is much better at getting a more accurate depicition than a pic. What you see is what I see. And I see crap.

Lord H . . . ? Who?

#3608 7 years ago

That's a great example. Unfortunately the terrible kind. CGC should be embarrassed. Still an amazing game to play but many are being duped. I love my MMr but CGC is dead to me. All they needed to do was own up.

#3609 7 years ago

» YouTube video

Your inserts look fine. Maybe CGC has finally burned through the light text playfields.

#3610 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Realistically, nothing in these games are going to be perfect. If I look hard, I can see that my "Shoot Again" insert isn't dead center between the flippers. In fact, I'm pretty sure the entire playfield art kind of veers toward the left. But no one, other than myself, would ever notice this.

This error I was not aware of on remade MMr PFs as I own a '97 edition, but have seen some of the early run of MMrs. As a collector versus player owner, this is substantially significant. Collectors don't tolerate this on repo playfields either. We do spot these mistakes when inspecting machines. Hopefully, not many owners have this problem, but it seems unlikely based on small production run.

#3611 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This error I was not aware of on remade MMr PFs as I own a '97 edition, but have seen some of the early run of MMrs. As a collector versus player owner, this is substantially significant. Collectors don't tolerate this on repo playfields either. We do spot these mistakes when inspecting machines. Hopefully, not many owners have this problem, but it seems unlikely based on small production run.

Yeah even on the earlier MMr's I noticed the art was off center a bit and most obvious down by the switches in the inlanes and outlanes.
Instead of the switch being dead center in the oval art opening - it was almost on the edge. Same with the others... but I shrugged that off as the original PF's MMr came with looked great overall. But who could have seen this insert thing coming?

Apparently when CGC screws up with WMS or Stern as a client they are told to chuck 'em out. But with CGC actually running this show (or PPS) this option is obviously NOT on the table.

#3612 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Yeah even on the earlier MMr's I noticed the art was off center a bit and most obvious down by the switches in the inlanes and outlanes.
Instead of the switch being dead center in the oval art opening - it was almost on the edge. Same with the others... but I shrugged that off as the original PF's MMr came with looked great overall. But who could have seen this insert thing coming?
Apparently when CGC screws up with WMS or Stern as a client they are told to chuck 'em out. But with CGC actually running this show (or PPS) this option is obviously NOT on the table.

This is almost always referred to as the registration being off.Ive seen some Sterns with off registration.I saw a SM with an out of focus Doc Ock.The magnet did not sit perfectly center.Further inspection revealed a hard left printing.We used to go through Genes play fields at shows back in the early 2000s and grab as many perfectly registered play fields as possible.Many were off center.I think it's a QC issue on the CGC side.

I had not heard of this with MMr,but man,that's ANOTHER con rather than a pro on this much maligned remake.

#3613 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

Here are mine. Video is much better at getting a more accurate depicition than a pic. What you see is what I see. And I see crap.
Lord H . . . ? Who?
» YouTube video

That looks the same as mine. I've asked on the UK forum and it seems all the 25 UK LE's have the same problem.

Still waiting on my diffuser kit, although can't see how that's going to make the ink any less translucent.

#3614 7 years ago

Wish there were more Unboxings. This Inkgate is getting to be a bit too much.

#3615 7 years ago

(Not my cat lol)

Km0Icil_(resized).jpgKm0Icil_(resized).jpg

#3616 7 years ago

Purrrfect

#3617 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Stern refuses to fix my defective playfield made during their move in April of 2015 or even admit there was a problem. I'm over a year waiting for my MMR while others order today and have it tomorrow . This way of doing business is bullshit, but they keep doing it.

#3618 7 years ago

My registration is definitely not perfect - which is most obvious by the shoot again insert being more towards the left and tracing the art upwards. So it is definitely present on some of the PFs. But I've seen that on other pinballs I have played over the years.

#3619 7 years ago
Quoted from surfajl77:

My registration is definitely not perfect - which is most obvious by the shoot again insert being more towards the left and tracing the art upwards. So it is definitely present on some of the PFs. But I've seen that on other pinballs I have played over the years.

Yeaup - as mentioned before, registration errors were common in WMS/Bally days. Two games, side by side, would be completely different in registration of the ink.

IMHO, if I was getting an MMr (new, or used when one pops up for sale), I wouldn't care about registration issues. I cars about transparent inserts though..

#3620 7 years ago

Well, I received my diffuser from Rick. Might be awhile to install it since I might need some outside assistance. It obviously won't make my text darker, but it should at least make it legible.

If it doesn't, then we'll have a bit of a problem and I will continue to communicate it to CGC. So I'm not calling for any heads on a stick just yet.

#3621 7 years ago

» YouTube video

Did your game come with the diffuser installed?

#3622 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Wish there were more Unboxings. This Inkgate is getting to be a bit too much.

To be fair we've all seen the cab and the three kinds of trims. The only thing that can be different is the PF quality and if it comes with the plastic sheet. So it's only natural people would point this out.

#3623 7 years ago

After 73 pages of posts, I am wondering exactly how many unboxings there actually were on Pinside. Out of a max of 1000, anyone have any idea how many belong to members here?

Marc

#3624 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

To be fair we've all seen the cab and the three kinds of trims. The only thing that can be different is the PF quality and if it comes with the plastic sheet. So it's only natural people would point this out.

But this is an unboxing thread, not an issues thread. Start a different thread

#3625 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

But this is an unboxing thread, not an issues thread. Start a different thread

Exactly!

#3626 7 years ago

So you guys would rather see the EXACT same pics over and over of the exact same three trims - and no mention of the only thing that may be different from one machine to another? I always thought the PF was part of the unboxing? Maybe we should only show cab pics from now on.

Look I get some people don't want to talk about the PF and believe or not I'm trying to cut back on mentioning it. But Blame Rick and CGC for spoiling the tranquility of this thread. They didn't have to create this issue.

#3627 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

So you guys would rather see the EXACT same pics over and over of the exact same three trims - and no mention of the only thing that may be different from one machine to another? I always thought the PF was part of the unboxing? Maybe we should only show cab pics from now on.
Look I get some people don't want to talk about the PF and believe or not I'm trying to cut back on mentioning it. But Blame Rick and CGC for spoiling the tranquility of this thread. They didn't have to create this issue.

You've mentioned it. And mentioned it. And mentioned it. If this is you cutting back, I'd hate to see you unleashed!

I also think PPS/CGC have handled this issue terribly, but I get why people are annoyed to hear a guy that doesn't even have an MMR on order popping off about the inserts over and over again.

#3629 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You've mentioned it. And mentioned it. And mentioned it. If this is you cutting back, I'd hate to see you unleashed!
I also think PPS/CGC have handled this issue terribly, but I get why people are annoyed to hear a guy that doesn't even have an MMR on order popping off about the inserts over and over again.

I'm just amazed people so easily accept getting a product that is not as nice as the first 200 or so. It just bugs me. No wonder they didn't bother to re-print any PF's. They knew their customers far better than I did apparently. And it *could* have been me and I'd have been quite pissed off. So I was trying to get you guys to fight for what you deserved and paid for.

But I agree - I've posted WAY to much about it. Early on you'll see where I was excited for everybody and enjoyed seeing the pics.

And I genuinely didn't want to spoil anybody's good time - it's a great title and people should enjoy it. And it IS awkward talking about the issue when some don't want to hear about it.

So I'll try not to mention it in this thread again - see how reasonable I am? If I forget - let me know... nicely I hope.

#3630 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm just amazed people so easily accept getting a product that is not as nice as the first 200 or so. It just bugs me. No wonder they didn't bother to re-print any PF's. They knew their customers far better than I did apparently. And it *could* have been me and I'd have been quite pissed off. So I was trying to get you guys to fight for what you deserved and paid for.
But I agree - I've posted WAY to much about it. Early on you'll see where I was excited for everybody and enjoyed seeing the pics.
And I genuinely didn't want to spoil anybody's good time - it's a great title and people should enjoy it. And it IS awkward talking about the issue when some don't want to hear about it.
So I'll try not to mention it in this thread again - see how reasonable I am? If I forget - let me know... nicely I hope.

To be clear I didn't think you're stirring things up just for laughs, you seem genuinely upset with PPS/CGC (I feel the same, and I'm not a customer either though I'd like to pick up an MMR on the secondary market one day). It's easy to lose perspective on these threads and feel the need to respond to anyone disagreeing with you, I've certainly found myself there before. And I applaud your thoughtful and measured response to my somewhat snarky post above.

With that, the good folks in the unboxing thread have probably heard enough from me, so I'll pipe down as well. Looking forward to reading about more people's excitement as their new games arrive!

#3631 7 years ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

(Not my cat lol)

My cat ships flat rate.

Flat_rate_cat_(resized).jpgFlat_rate_cat_(resized).jpg

#3632 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3633 7 years ago

Yay, we're back to unboxings...

#3634 7 years ago

I'll break the drought. MMr LE SS is in the house!

#3635 7 years ago

Here is an unboxing either free public play for anyone and everyone who was there. All I could hear was how great it looked and people were supportive and better yet ordered some. 3 more standards were sold and maybe a couple more if people decide to follow thru. I only ask for a 200 deposit so with full payment upon delivery for these standards. Yes the early adopters got a free shaker motor but a new in box MM or MM remake for 8k is still a great price based upon 12k to 15k or even some 20k just a few years ago, amazed at how we forget how much these were sellimg for. This was a very public unboxing at the Winston-Salem NC auction yesterday or Saturday see www.auctiongamesales.com fir future dates where a Hobbit or more MM standards should show up. I am a full factory authorized distributor for both JJP and PPS thru Chicago Gaming. Enjoy the pics. The auction facility is full of bright lights and you can see the sine of the lights reflection in the one pics with the inserts showing but the inserts are still readable. I added another pic with the camera phone turned and again you can see the bright lights from the ceiling showing on the clearcoated playfield but the insert looks fine to me. I so fun to play it's really hard to notice the inserts too. I was asked for several inside pics so I have included them too nothing special on this machine and in fact it was sold for 8k after the auction and I paid the auction company their commission as I had to display so it was a buyback at 6500 as it was never really supposed to be sold but after several request and one from a good repeat customer who had wanted one bit could never get a LE he took it home.
Not too late for anyone else who would like one before these sell out. All it takes is that 200 deposit and I will get you one too and help you unbox your brand new MM pin if local. Otherwise you pay actual shipping.
Thanks
Buddy

20160521_124052_(resized).jpg20160521_124052_(resized).jpg

20160521_120318_(resized).jpg20160521_120318_(resized).jpg

20160521_120134_(resized).jpg20160521_120134_(resized).jpg

20160521_120137_(resized).jpg20160521_120137_(resized).jpg

20160521_120141_(resized).jpg20160521_120141_(resized).jpg

20160521_120143_(resized).jpg20160521_120143_(resized).jpg

20160521_124049_(resized).jpg20160521_124049_(resized).jpg

20160521_124022_(resized).jpg20160521_124022_(resized).jpg

20160521_124029_(resized).jpg20160521_124029_(resized).jpg

20160521_124208_(resized).jpg20160521_124208_(resized).jpg

#3636 7 years ago

20k ?? c'mon Buddy. I've yet to find someone who admits to paying 12k for one. Maybe a HEP game but those are always ridiculous.

I've heard a lot of "I knew a guy that knew a guy..." but I'd like to actually hear from a long time member here that they paid 12k for just a basic nice one.

I just don't think you need to hype 'em... the pics look good if that is what you get. It's a great game.

BTW - what's with talk of "selling out"? Is there a set number of standards they are going to make? I didn't think that was the case?

#3637 7 years ago

From the PPS forums, it is my understanding that a run of 500 standards is already booked. Distributor orders will determine when and if another 500 run occurs.

#3638 7 years ago

I saw one sell for 20k at Expo. I do have a pic but for safety reasons I am not allowed to show the faces but I will post the booth it was at once I charge up the laptop from 4 years ago.

The above poster is correct 500 standards are already sold thru retail and distribution channels. Once gone it is over and on to the next great classic remake. Another deposit received thanks again, Buddy

20160521_124052_(resized).jpg20160521_124052_(resized).jpg

20160521_120134_(resized).jpg20160521_120134_(resized).jpg

20160521_120137_(resized).jpg20160521_120137_(resized).jpg

20160521_120141_(resized).jpg20160521_120141_(resized).jpg

20160521_120143_(resized).jpg20160521_120143_(resized).jpg

20160521_124049_(resized).jpg20160521_124049_(resized).jpg

20160521_124024_(resized).jpg20160521_124024_(resized).jpg

#3639 7 years ago

Thanks but I'll wait until somebody we know says they paid 20k. Faceless pics won't help so don't spend your time... thanks though.

#3640 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Yes the early adopters got a free shaker motor but a new in box MM or MM remake for 8k is still a great price based upon 12k to 15k or even some 20k just a few years ago, amazed at how we forget how much these were selling for.

Let me help people with a little MM sales history in the last 10 years, balancing the title between the original and the remake.

This is pushing the limit of sales tactics here as a dealer, unfortunately, and a false contribution to game price inflation.
I am not putting my "price police" hat on, because it is misinterpreted.
I do watch the market, like most seasoned long term brokers and dealers that survived the post re-import drought in the mid 2000s.
Overall number is only around 30 or so, not the 100s that "mom and popped" their way to try and turn a profit.

As an owner of the original game right after the start of "market insanity" back after Williams closed, and aware of the distributor sales when the game was originally produced and the reproduction, this remake currently never pushed past the $12K mark, and that was a short fluke period on its original 200 game release run "craze", because some new owners wanted to "buy it now".

The highest public and private sale I have ever seen for a MM, remake or otherwise was a NIB original MM for $18+k, that was with an original distributor, and that was 5+ years ago.
There were a fair number of originals that hovered in the $15k range for while, and still do in the right regional market conditions.

Maybe their is a mix up between original games and remakes in this statement?

This remake is not accruing "pinball interest" at a rebound rate quite yet, it is "coffee percolating".
You can still find boxed MMr standards at under $9k, available for immediate shipping, although there is a "float" of $9500 for those that want the instant gratification. The numbers however remain small, and you have do some time investment.

Originals ARE on the rise again, for various reasons mentioned in this and other posts.
Personally, I am trying to help keep the market under control for new buyers, so they are not misinformed.

Be careful with hype, or you will get burned, unless there is no concern regarding cost.

#3641 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

20k ?? c'mon Buddy. I've yet to find someone who admits to paying 12k for one. Maybe a HEP game but those are always ridiculous.
I've heard a lot of "I knew a guy that knew a guy..." but I'd like to actually hear from a long time member here that they paid 12k for just a basic nice one.

Examples from 12 to 20 k

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/price-check-on-mm

#3642 7 years ago

I never meant the remake only the original pin which was selling all over for 12k to 20k with a peak right before or 6 months before the MMR Expo announcement.

HEP pins will always command more and some would have been proud to pay 20k. I wasn't me bit I have paid over 10k for TAF thru him after cost of pin and restore. The same was true of other high end restoration guys here. Send a 10 to 12k route beater and spend alot to get it like new or better than new or pay the guy who has several new old stock ones 18k.
All I was trying to say is 8k new in box for a nearly identical remake is great for so many people, who could never get the experience or refused to pay those double digit prices.

#3643 7 years ago

Here is another example of the "old"retail price.

photo_(resized).JPGphoto_(resized).JPG

#3644 7 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

Here is another example of the "old"retail price.

Wow! $23,000 for a Keller restored MM I have a Keller restored MM that is insanely nice but even before MMr I wouldnt of thought it was a $23k pin.

#3646 7 years ago

People can ASK anything they like... then they end up selling for far less and of course won't disclose this. Hence the so called price inflation. "That guy was asking 15k...and it sold!" Except it was for FAR less and you won't hear about that.

That thread just seemed to be a lot of wild speculation. I'll wait until somebody we know tells us they paid 12k or more for a typical MM

#3647 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

People can ASK anything they like... then they end up selling for far less and of course won't disclose this. Hence the so called price inflation. "That guy was asking 15k...and it sold!" Except it was for FAR less and you won't hear about that.
That thread just seemed to be a lot of wild speculation. I'll wait until somebody we know tells us they paid 12k or more for a typical MM

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

#3648 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow! $23,000 for a Keller restored MM I have a Keller restored MM that is insanely nice but even before MMr I wouldnt of thought it was a $23k pin.

Hey put up a little post-it sign with "23k or best" on it. Apparently that instantly makes it worth 23k

#3649 7 years ago

There is a big difference between ASKING price and selling price. Pinsiders often laugh at the Craigslist listings of sellers who use an inflated eBay asking price as the basis for the pin's "value."

"They are selling on eBay for X right now."

Umm....no.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/73?hl=surfajl77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.