IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 84.
#3501 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Must have had the empathy beaten out of him as a kid.

lol

#3503 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Must have had the empathy beaten out of him as a kid.

OK -- that was funny.

#3504 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

So if I put in an official pre-order on a shaker it might be here 2 yrs from now. Waiting almost a year and a half for game and people are getting standards that they ordered last month. I should have just waited I could have a game tomorrow or all the other opportunities to have picked one up in the last year. Now my money just stays out there with the hope of them getting to mine, I guess when everyone else is done picking one up. And can't get any info no matter how many emails I send. Never again never.......

People did not care about a shaker motor for nearly 20 years on this title, this should not be a concern now.
It was actually possible to retrofit these a few years ago with some code modifications on original games, but not many people did it.
I did not, as it just adds to the list of more things that can go wrong with games based on maintenance requirements.
It is not a "must have" accessory, as the game is not RS.

Shaker motors dependent on certain titles actually caused mechanical problems based on strength of counter weight motor, and many owners/operators turned them off, unplugged, or even removed them. This included games like RS and TFTC, where there was actual significance to the game design.

Considering people have been waiting over 2 1/2 years for their MMr order, but they can be found alternatively from those shipped to distributors and owners at a $1000 NIB increase ("Buy it Now" instant gratification), or an original for a retained highly elevated price, this seems like a higher concern in the market.

#3505 7 years ago

I have actually turned my shaker motor off, found it annoying.

#3506 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

I have actually turned my shaker motor off, found it annoying.

I find it pretty awesome. Would be weird playing without it now.

#3507 7 years ago

I hate shaker motors, I always turn them off.

#3508 7 years ago

I like it. But turned it down to low. It feels pretty harsh when the trolls pop up, even on the low setting.

#3509 7 years ago

It would be good if there was a setting where you could have it just go off for the castle. It seems unnessessary for the catapult and probably the trolls. I have turned mine off too and it's strange but I think I prefer it.

#3510 7 years ago

How hard would it be to code the shaker to work when a ball gets locked?

#3511 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Another six months...

#3512 7 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Quoted from jrockne:

Another six months...

..and another $200...

#3513 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Considering people have been waiting over 2 1/2 years for their MMr order

And now there is a thread running:Stern delays.So Stern is having trouble getting there own titles out the door.I just can't help believe that thats bad news for those still waiting.

#3514 7 years ago

I'm sure there's an update over on pps's site...

#3515 7 years ago

SS 835 is here. Came undamaged and looks good from what I can see. Glad I went with stainless. Classic look. The cabinet art is very nice. Will report on the inserts when I get it in the basement tonight.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3516 7 years ago

What a difference! That new color update looks excellent and is a nice step up on the regular colored dots.

Still no news when we can download this thing??

#3517 7 years ago

My first post here at Pinside. Greetz everyone.

My MMR LE Stainless Steel arrived! Boss.

One technical issue I already need to deal with though, is the awesome level. I've searched through the manual and I don't see a setting to turn down the awesome. It's stuck on max. Is this a known issue?

game_(resized).jpggame_(resized).jpg

machine_(resized).jpgmachine_(resized).jpg

truck_(resized).jpgtruck_(resized).jpg

#3518 7 years ago

Stainless is my fave!

#3519 7 years ago

Game set up and operates perfectly.I have not fine leveled the playfield yet, but everything works as it should. Very high quality build from what I can see.

As far as the insert ink goes: Yes, it is too light, especially the lower inserts. The inserts for "jackpot, lock, etc." that are "3D" are plenty dark and show up great, but the rest of them are too light and the print almost looks brown. After seeing the game in person I can tell you without a doubt that CGC claiming that the LEDs are the problem does not pass the smell test. It is not a deal breaker to me as the rest of the machine is exceptionally nice, but I wish they would just say "yeah, the ink is too light and we will do better next time" instead of making up false stories about the LEDs being too bright.

A few things I will be changing right away:

1. The backbox speaker trim. It is cheap plastic and looks bare without the Williams logo.
2. Better speakers and hooking up the Polk PSW 10 subwoofer.
3. Undercab lighting to brighten it up a bit.

Other than that, I really like the machine - especially being stainless. It has the classic look.

Now, I just need my GBLE to put next to it!

2016-05-18_00.19.38_(resized).jpg2016-05-18_00.19.38_(resized).jpg

2016-05-18_00.20.10_(resized).jpg2016-05-18_00.20.10_(resized).jpg

#3520 7 years ago

Congrats

Like the classic trim btw.

#3521 7 years ago

I pried and the dealer who was showing off the upgraded animations at Pinagogo told me the upgrade will cost $200 for LE owners and $400 for Standard owners. It looked nice, but that's a lot of cheddar for a software upgrade. He told me "unoficially", so don't hold me to it.

#3522 7 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I pried and the dealer who was showing off the upgraded animations at Pinagogo told me the upgrade will cost $200 for LE owners and $400 for Standard owners. It looked nice, but that's a lot of cheddar for a software upgrade. He told me "unoficially", so don't hold me to it.

Bleh...I won't cry about $200, but still - bleh. $400 is ballsy. Charging that much for software when that's what gets you ColorDMD hardware? Over the line!

#3523 7 years ago

I haven't bought any colorDMD's, as $400 is too expensive. If PPS is going to charge me the same thing for just software, I'll put a ColorDMD in all my other games before my MMR gets color.

#3524 7 years ago

Color! Take my bank account and gimme!!!!!

#3525 7 years ago

I noticed that the decals on MMR are wrapped around the corners and the front decal was cut to exact size. This leaves a slight bulge on the front side edges. Does anyone else use this technique when applying decals? Most I have seen, the front and sides were trimmed on the corners. I think this would be better for preventing snagging from brushing against the cabinet. Should this be the standard way from now on?

#3526 7 years ago

Black trim LE #803 arrived and unboxed! Build quality looks solid thus far. The inserts indeed look light, however I'm absolutely and unequivocally thrilled at the chance of owning a NIB MM. Favorite game and the only way I would have ever added one was going the HEP route.

Frustrations this far:

1). When game boots, the Medieval Madness logo is in beautiful color and immediately reverts to monochrome. Would love to add the color update stat.

2). Who on earth designs a game and packages the leg bolts inside the coin box that are sealed under a strap?! Had to have someone hold the backbox during the process, but would have been great to know ( had to use google ).

Beautiful game. Picked up a MM topper and Williams speaker bezel at PAGG and will be adding shortly.

#3527 7 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Black trim LE #803 arrived and unboxed! Build quality looks solid thus far. The inserts indeed look light, however I'm absolutely and unequivocally thrilled at the chance of owning a NIB MM. Favorite game and the only way I would have ever added one was going the HEP route.
Frustrations this far:
1). When game boots, the Medieval Madness logo is in beautiful color and immediately reverts to monochrome. Would love to add the color update stat.
2). Who on earth designs a game and packages the leg bolts inside the coin box that are sealed under a strap?! Had to have someone hold the backbox during the process, but would have been great to know ( had to use google ).
Beautiful game. Picked up a MM topper and Williams speaker bezel at PAGG and will be adding shortly.

Your black trim MM looks great! Also, I dig your arcade choices. Enjoy the new MM.

#3528 7 years ago

Who on earth designs a game and packages the leg bolts inside the coin box that are sealed under a strap?!

NIB Bally/Williams/Gottlieb/Stern/Zaccaria games from 1955-1999.

Standard pinball industrial manufacturer practice when shipped from the factory to ensure bolt holes were not stripped.

This is called the "hardware bag" to ensure the bolts were included as part of the shipping package.

Stern started shipping games with bolts in holes around 2005 for some games, but most did not and they remained in the cashbox with lockpin, and the plastic/metal cabinet edge protectors were not a production standard.
Shipping games with bolts in is never a "bad" idea though, if they are hand tightened, as it protects the cabinet corners from impact in the box.

There was no standard plastic "pin cabinet protector", and people generally used left over carpet felt lying around their shops and home when installing the bolts.

Operators accessed the cashbox and coin door after placing the machine on a pinball dolly horizontally in preparation for setup for the bolts. The coin door is not supposed to accessed when the game is transport position.

#3529 7 years ago

2). Who on earth designs a game and packages the leg bolts inside the coin box that are sealed under a strap?! Had to have someone hold the backbox during the process,

Very easy to just slide the strap to the left and then you'll be able to open the coin box without cutting the strap for the back box. Had this happen twice now with both my MMR and THLE and just slid the strap so I could open the coin door.

The cardboard under the strap is easy to move and the strap moves with it.

#3530 7 years ago

The shaker motor looks just like the Stern SAM motor. Same plastic top and sticker. Can someone confirm? If so I'll pick one up, PPS still don't have them on their website. I see I may have to swap the connector out.

http://pinballshakermotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Shakerstock1.png

#3531 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Very easy to just slide the strap to the left and then you'll be able to open the coin box without cutting the strap for the back box. Had this happen twice now with both my MMR and THLE and just slid the strap so I could open the coin door.
The cardboard under the strap is easy to move and the strap moves with it.

My Hobbit leg bolts were screwed in the leg holes on the cab. Yours were inside?

#3532 7 years ago

Just to chime in on the whole insert thing, since I have my machine, and have learned about the concern. It's really very simple. The "black" letters written on several of the playing field lights are transparent, instead of opaque. Because they are transparent, when lit, they simply can't be read. The amount of light coming from the light versus the amount of light coming through the transparent letters is too similar for the eye to distinguish the characters in order for them to be read. It's clearly a poor choice to use transparent letters on a light if the intent is that they be readable when lit, which of course that is the intent. The information is only relevant when the light is lit. Then the question is, how big of a deal is that?

When trying to decide which machine to buy, had I read all the forum chatter about the MMR inserts, I may have chosen a different machine because I would have worried the insert problem posed a significant problem to the enjoyment of the game.

As it is, I'm glad I didn't read the forum chatter until after I had the machine. I still really enjoy my MMR, and I'm glad I bought it. I would prefer the playing field inserts were readable when lit, but in the big picture Medieval Madness is still one of the best games out there. If Ferrari was using red pin-striping on a red car, I'd probably still gripe to Ferrari that they botched up by using pin-striping that you can't even see, but it would still be a pretty darned awesome car.

#3533 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatinho:

Just to chime in on the whole insert thing, since I have my machine, and have learned about the concern. It's really very simple. The "black" letters written on several of the playing field lights are transparent, instead of opaque. Because they are transparent, when lit, they simply can't be read. The amount of light coming from the light versus the amount of light coming through the transparent letters is too similar for the eye to distinguish the characters in order for them to be read. It's clearly a poor choice to use transparent letters on a light if the intent is that they be readable when lit, which of course that is the intent. The information is only relevant when the light is lit. Then the question is, how big of a deal is that?
When trying to decide which machine to buy, had I read all the forum chatter about the MMR inserts, I may have chosen a different machine because I would have worried the insert problem posed a significant problem to the enjoyment of the game.
As it is, I'm glad I didn't read the forum chatter until after I had the machine. I still really enjoy my MMR, and I'm glad I bought it. I would prefer the playing field inserts were readable when lit, but in the big picture Medieval Madness is still one of the best games out there. If Ferrari was using red pin-striping on a red car, I'd probably still gripe to Ferrari that they botched up by using pin-striping that you can't even see, but it would still be a pretty darned awesome car.

Except Ferrari would most likely admit that this was an error on their part and take the necessary actions to correct it.

Every manufacturer has been known to make mistakes. But being all wishy washy about it being a legitimate issue on some (but clearly not all) playfields is what I think ultimately upset people more.

#3534 7 years ago

I just wish they would say "yes, the inserts are lighter than they should be and we will do better next time." I like my MMr and the inserts are not a deal killer, but I probably won't buy another title from CGC due to their denial that the inserts are sub par and offering (for a fee) a fix that does not correct the issue. After viewing it in person it is evident that the ink is simply too thin. My other games with VERY bright aftermarket LEDs and others with factory LEDs have very dark insert ink that is very readable.

With all this said, the machine is very nice quality. I don't see it leaving my collection for a very long time.

#3535 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My Hobbit leg bolts were screwed in the leg holes on the cab. Yours were inside?

I forgot but I know that MMRs were inside of the coin door. Either way, I want to have the key for the back box out and those were in the coin door.

I just know there was a reason we had to get inside the coin door both times before raising the head.

#3536 7 years ago
Quoted from makeittogo:

I noticed that the decals on MMR are wrapped around the corners and the front decal was cut to exact size. This leaves a slight bulge on the front side edges.

Should this be the standard way from now on?

If it saves them time and production costs, then yes!

#3537 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Either way, I want to have the key for the back box out and those were in the coin door.

That's the second time I read that someone's back-box key was in the coin-door.

It made me go back and look inside my MMR coin-door again for more keys... because I have only one set of keys... that I know of... maybe another set is jingling around somewhere inside my machine. Is there a specific place I should look?

My coin-door key opens my back-box as well. Is this unusual?

#3538 7 years ago

Yes, that is unusual

#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatinho:

I think it would be more like if the Ferrari speedometer was not able to be read when driving the car as the inserts on a MMR provide feedback and give direction on what you need to do next. Speedometer or not it is still a great car but needs to be addressed.

#3540 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatinho:

That's the second time I read that someone's back-box key was in the coin-door.
It made me go back and look inside my MMR coin-door again for more keys... because I have only one set of keys... that I know of... maybe another set is jingling around somewhere inside my machine. Is there a specific place I should look?
My coin-door key opens my back-box as well. Is this unusual?

Very unusual. You should have keys hanging inside the door on MMr.

#3541 7 years ago

I have a set of leg bolts in my shop ready to go.

#3542 7 years ago

Anyone hear from JJP this week? I'm still foolishly holding out hope that I could get it for Memorial day weekend...

#3543 7 years ago

I have over 400 plays in on my MMR LE, love it so much! Had a great game Sunday and beat my own Grand Champion score by 20 Million!

#3544 7 years ago

Quick question... Thought I would start here and ask questions and gather some info before doing anything... Unpackaged and played our first game. Plays fantastic with the exception that the trolls do not function. I tried raising and lowering them in the test menu and the trolls do not respond. Is this something I can repair or open a ticket? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

#3545 7 years ago

Quick question... Thought I would start here and ask questions and gather some info before doing anything... Unpackaged and played our first game. Plays fantastic with the exception that the trolls do not function. I tried raising and lowering them in the test menu and the trolls do not respond. Is this something I can repair or open a ticket? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Did you cut the zip ties holding the trolls in place for shipping?

#3546 7 years ago

My trollls work, but they also don't register during the test. I found it rather odd. I thought maybe it has something to do with them being tied into the shaker motor - as I also couldn't figure out how to run a castle explosion test either.

#3547 7 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Very unusual. You should have keys hanging inside the door on MMr.

Holy Smokes! Ha! I do in fact have a back-box key (singular) hanging from a hook inside the coin door, tight right up against the coin-mech. I looked there for keys on multiple occasions, but obviously didn't look close enough... partly because I didn't have to because what's crazy is that my coin-door keys (I have two) also open my back-box. Just for kicks I tried to open my coin-door with the back-box key and it does not work there. Probably just a coincidence of tumbler combinations that the coin-door key fits both the door and the back-box, even though the two different keys also have different code numbers.

Now I feel special. B)

#3548 7 years ago

I snipped the zip ties ( and only the zip ties ) when unpacking the game. Reseated all connectors and no trolls. Was hoping it was an easy fix, but whatever it must be evades me at the moment.

#3549 7 years ago

I snipped the zip ties ( and only the zip ties ) when unpacking the game. Reseated all connectors and no trolls. Was hoping it was an easy fix, but whatever it must be evades me at the moment.

Bummer, hopefully someone chimes in soon with a solution for you. Good luck!

Also check Labnip's MMr troubleshooting thread, maybe there's something in there.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-nib-repair-kit

#3550 7 years ago

Another workaround to get to the leg-bolts is to wrap around cab and back box with shrink wrap/moving plastic to keep it in place when you snip the plastic tie.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.