IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 84.
#3401 7 years ago

I have to say black looks pretty sharp! I have #669 in gold and really enjoy the game. My inserts are faded and the diffuser just made them look like dimly lit faded inserts. Oh well, it's still fun to play and it'll probably stay in my collection forever.

#3402 7 years ago
Quoted from ski1game2:

My JJP/PS LE black (ordered and paid for October, 2013) being delivered tomorrow.

Number 820 is in my garage. No problems with shipping. Will open and move it on Friday.

#3403 7 years ago

#1018, MMR standard just arrived. I'll unbox her later.

mm_(resized).jpgmm_(resized).jpg

#3404 7 years ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Congrats. I'd switch my MMR LE to a standard at this point if thats would it would take to get them to ship it.

#3405 7 years ago

Nice number? Please let us know what number is on the XXX of 1,000.
Too funny
Who did you get it from?

Thanks,

#3406 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Nice number? Please let us know what number is on the XXX of 1,000.
Too funny
Who did you get it from?
Thanks,

Sorry my bad, standard not LE

#3407 7 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Who did you get it from?
Thanks,

Automated services in CT.

#3408 7 years ago

Automated services in CT.

Thanks, good for you. Have fun.
Wish I had my LE.

#3409 7 years ago

I'm guessing you guys will get your LE's any day now, if I got my standard. Is it the distributors who are to blame?

Automated are awesome, never used them before, but they replied to every email, or called me back. When I asked them when it was shipping, they gave me the exact date, and it shipped that day.

#3410 7 years ago

I'm guessing you guys will get your LE's any day now, if I got my standard. Is it the distributors who are to blame?
Automated are awesome, never used them before, but they replied to every email, or called me back. When I asked them when it was shipping, they gave me the exact date, and it shipped that day.

Yes, it seems like they are becoming one of the best around when it comes to service and price.

They also don't lay on any guilt trips about the charity work they do, open houses, or the machines they drag to shows.

#3411 7 years ago

When did you order?

#3412 7 years ago
Quoted from Buzz:

When did you order?

I ordered April 19th, that's the day I got my invoice, and they cashed my check on April 22nd of this year. My guess is Automated already had a bulk order in, and I got someone elses machine, or they ordered more than they had buyers for knowing they could sell them.

#3413 7 years ago

I ordered April 19th, that's the day I got my invoice, and they cashed my check on April 22nd of this year. My guess is Automated already had a bulk order in, and I got someone elses machine, or they ordered more than they had buyers for knowing they could sell them.

Wow. I ordered day 1 in 2013. Paid in full in July of '14, and eventually backed out last August and got a WOZ. PP and CGC won't be making these remakes for long if they piss the community off continuously. I know for a fact, I won't buy from them.

#3414 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I have to say black looks pretty sharp! I have #669 in gold and really enjoy the game. My inserts are faded and the diffuser just made them look like dimly lit faded inserts. Oh well, it's still fun to play and it'll probably stay in my collection forever.

So on balance is the diffuser worth installing at all?

#3415 7 years ago

The diffuser is a band-aid designed to cover up a defective playfield. It makes EVERY insert dimmer and essentially eliminates the brightness advantage LEDs have over incandescents. Request a new playfield with properly inked inserts. For $8k, that is the only proper solution. If CGC or your distributor tells you "no", ask them this:

Why was it OK for them to send you a defective playfield and then ask you to put a diffuser over it to "make it right", but not OK for you to send them $7k and then tell them to just write an "8" over the "7" on their deposit receipt to "make it right"?

If they don't do right by you, ask them to come pick the game up and refund your money (they won't - it will cost them 2x-3x what it would cost to send you a new PF).

#3416 7 years ago

I got the call today. MMr will be here next week. I'll update with pics of insert text when it arrives.

#3417 7 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The diffuser is a band-aid designed to cover up a defective playfield. It makes EVERY insert dimmer and essentially eliminates the brightness advantage LEDs have over incandescents. Request a new playfield with properly inked inserts. For $8k, that is the only proper solution. If CGC or your distributor tells you "no", ask them this:
Why was it OK for them to send you a defective playfield and then ask you to put a diffuser over it to "make it right", but not OK for you to send them $7k and then tell them to just write an "8" over the "7" on their deposit receipt to "make it right"?
If they don't do right by you, ask them to come pick the game up and refund your money (they won't - it will cost them 2x-3x what it would cost to send you a new PF).

FWIW: I actually love the look of the diffused light. I am very much a purist when it comes to pinball lightning and I love the softer look now. The LEDs were not chosen to be ultra-bright; they were chosen to be modern and reliable, yet still look like MM.

Marc

#3418 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

FWIW: I actually love the look of the diffused light. I am very much a purist when it comes to pinball lightning and I love the softer look now. The LEDs were not chosen to be ultra-bright; they were chosen to be modern and reliable, yet still look like MM.
Marc

I agree I like the look of the diffused light for the inserts better regardless of the blackness of the ink. Don't get me wrong I wish my inserts were properly printed and dark but the diffuser should be on all of the machines in my opinion to give it a more traditional look

#3419 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I agree I like the look of the diffused light for the inserts better regardless of the blackness of the ink. Don't get me wrong I wish my inserts were properly printed and dark but the diffuser should be on all of the machines in my opinion to give it a more traditional look

So there IS a problem with your inserts.

#3420 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So there IS a problem with your inserts.

Well to be fair he was the first guy to get rightfully indignant when he received his new MMr and saw the issue. Everybody appreciated him raising the flag over this... his later gushing over the "amazing" fix promised to him (if he swore himself to secrecy) - not so much.

#3421 7 years ago

Sucks seeing all of the unboxings...the complaining was so much more fun to read

#3422 7 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I got the call today. MMr will be here next week. I'll update with pics of insert text when it arrives.

That's awesome!

#3423 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well to be fair he was the first guy to get rightfully indignant when he received his new MMr and saw the issue. Everybody appreciated him raising the flag over this... his later gushing over the "amazing" fix promised to him (if he swore himself to secrecy) - not so much.

Also the fact that he went back and deleted ALL his posts in that thread thus not giving any support to those who were not as amazed by the fix offered to them and wiping the history of how he would ONLY accept a new playfield and nothing less.

#3424 7 years ago

MMR # 812 in the house. And I must say I am extremely pleased with it. I was extremly worried about the inserts, but I think they are perfect and look fantastic. I want to thank Rick and CCG the game is awesome. I will post some pics of the inserts soon. I have been a collector for over 15 years and know what playfields are supposed to look like and this one is amazing. I am not discounting anyone's claims but for those still waiting for games you will be very pleased.

I have been snapping a ton of insert photos. Funny thing is they all look washed out and make the ink look thin, but in person they are not. I can clearly read all inserts when lit. I am starting to think some of this insert debacle is unwarranted. Like I said I have been a collector for 15 years and know what playfields should look like.

I have done 7 full restoration with full playfield swaps and purchased 6 NIB sterns. CGC has made all of the playfields for all of these. I am not saying peoples games are not defective, I am just saying that the insert ordeal may have been overblown. I called CGC to cancel my game last week due to the photos that were coming up for May-16 production games, but they said it shipped the day before. I am so glad I did not cancel. My games was manufactured May 4 2016. my photos look just like those that are unhappy with their playfields. I love mine and it looks amazing.

I'm not going to bother posting the insert photos, they look just like the recent photos, but like I said in person it looks amazing and is very easy to read

PS The game came without a diffuser

#3425 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Also the fact that he went back and deleted ALL his posts in that thread thus not giving any support to those who were not as amazed by the fix offered to them and wiping the history of how he would ONLY accept a new playfield and nothing less.

#3426 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3427 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I remember him saying he would ONLY accept a new PF but I had no idea he deleted all his posts. Hmmm wonder if money talks? That's a sad commentary on this entire situation.

#3428 7 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

MMR # 812 in the house.
I have been snapping a ton of insert photos. Funny thing is they all look washed out and make the ink look thin, but in person they are not.
I'm not going to bother posting the insert photos, they look just like the recent photos, but like I said in person it looks amazing and is very easy to read
PS The game came without a diffuser

Glad you're happy - that's really all that counts. I wouldn't discount other new owners comments, concerns and pictures though.

I'm still waiting for a new owner to say "Jet black! Black is back baby!" and then post a pic because a typical insert with black text shouldn't be impossible to photograph.

But if it's "good enough" for you... then it's good enough. And I don't mean that in a snarky way. You SHOULD be allowed to feel good about it. Enjoy.

#3429 7 years ago

I deleted my posts because jackasses like rat would twist what I had said to fit their narrative and it was like talking to a brick wall trying to convey the point. So once again I was compensated nothing more than the same diffuser like everyone else and have the same issue as every other person with faded inserts. At the beginning of this debacle I was asked by CGC not to disclose the diffuser fix and to let them announce it themselves which I thought was a reasonable request. Obviously things have not panned out as well as I thought they would for everyone involved. And still to this day there's a handful of dickholes that assume I was paid off or compensated for some silence on the issue which is absolutely not the case so at this point think whatever floats your boat I'm over it obviously there's a few like rat that are not.

#3430 7 years ago

Once again all I have done is briefly state a fact, no twisting of words, and again Drewblood419 has decided to attack me with his puerile comments. Yet somehow he thinks I'm the one with a problem.

#3431 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Once again all I have done is briefly state a fact, no twisting of words, and again Drewblood419 has decided to attack me with his puerile comments. Yet somehow he thinks I'm the one with a problem.

Can't we all just get along and play pinball?

Marc

#3432 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

#3433 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3434 7 years ago

Ok, back to unboxings, no need to dwell on the past!
Lets see more pictures!

#3435 7 years ago

I ordered my standard on the same day, I guess yours won the race. Hopefully mine will be here soon.

#3436 7 years ago

Unboxed her Wednesday night. Looks just like a stainless LE, but missing the apron sticker and shaker. Its a lot of fun, my kids cannot stop playing it.

Now they just need to release the latest code, some of the callouts are a little hard to understand.

IMG_20160511_165721_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_165721_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160511_180614_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_180614_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160511_180322_(resized).jpgIMG_20160511_180322_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160512_111957_(resized).jpgIMG_20160512_111957_(resized).jpg

#3437 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

So once again I was compensated nothing more than the same diffuser like everyone else and have the same issue as every other person with faded inserts.

So why didn't you stick to your guns and demand a new playfield like you originally said?

#3438 7 years ago

Now they just need to release the latest code, some of the callouts are a little hard to understand.

In the mean time, you might consider upgrading the speakers. The default ones are pretty crappy, I replaced mine with pinballpro's backbox kit and it definitely improved the sound (http://pinballpro.net/shop/medieval-madness-remake/)

#3439 7 years ago

$8k and you have to upgrade the speakers

#3440 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

In the mean time, you might consider upgrading the speakers. The default ones are pretty crappy, I replaced mine with pinballpro's backbox kit and it definitely improved the sound (http://pinballpro.net/shop/medieval-madness-remake/)

Wow, those look like a good upgrade. I shall pick up a set, thanks!

#3441 7 years ago

Unboxed her Wednesday night. Looks just like a stainless LE, but missing the apron sticker and shaker. Its a lot of fun, my kids cannot stop playing it.

What is the deal with all the dust?

dusty_(resized).JPGdusty_(resized).JPG

#3442 7 years ago

Looks like the white folded cardboard rubbed against the cardboard box and made plenty of cardboard dust.

#3443 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Looks like the white folded cardboard rubbed against the cardboard box and made plenty of cardboard dust.

Yup, cardboard dust. Wiped right off.

#3444 7 years ago

Kewl! What unit number did you get? Are you going to get the shaker motor added to it?

#3445 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Kewl! What unit number did you get? Are you going to get the shaker motor added to it?

#1018. Not immediately getting the shaker, I'm going to spend my cash on the Color software update ROM (or whatever chip they are using to lock it down) when it comes out. Does anyone know what shaker motors besides the PPS one will work?

#3446 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

You really think they are bad? I think my speakers sound fine - although some callouts seem to get drowned out in comparison to others. I assumed this was a software fix though.

#3447 7 years ago

Still waiting for black almost 2 years now.

#3448 7 years ago

Got a surprise call from Tommy of Nitro.
Will be by tonite to Deliver and Setup my MMRLE Black.

#3449 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Got a surprise call from Tommy of Nitro.
Will be by tonite to Deliver and Setup my MMRLE Black.

So FINALLY the OP gets his prize! Congrats ya hoser

#3450 7 years ago

Does anyone know what shaker motors besides the PPS one will work?

FYI-
Per Rick at PPS, you void the warranty with a non-CGC shaker motor.
"The CGC shaker motor was UL tested and approved as part of the MMR, so any other option would not be UL compliant."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.