IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 84.
#3301 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

At least for a while Rick was offering discounted coin mechs to MMR buyers ($8 if I remember right). Not sure about Invisiglass.

Wasn't invisiglass supposed to be an option which is why they couldn't put coin mechs in because there would be too much confusion on the line?

#3302 7 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

This is also the same guy who's favorite game of all time is WOZ I wonder if he is aware that there have been way more and worse issues with WOZ than there has been with MMR

Difference is JJP took care of the issues (I am happy with the responses I received for my game's problems), whereas CGC is basically telling their customers, both current and potential, to go f*ck themselves.

#3303 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

He mentioned that they switched suppliers on the trim, and for whatever its worth, this batch is from the new supplier. He also said the trim was supposed to arrive this week, so maybe one of us could check in late next week with him to see if it arrived and passed inspection. I'm learning to have more patience(its not easy for me), It will all be worth it in the end. Why run the 10 mile race and drop out the last 500 feet.

For those waiting on black trim machines:

Recently I've been seeing some black trim machines on the forums(in transit and pics), and I was wondering if it was just a handful of black trim games being completed or if the black trim has arrived and they are back into full production. Spoke to CGC today, trim arrived and yes black is back on the line and in production!! I didn't ask for specific time frames or run numbers, but they did say are trying to ramp up production and you will be seeing more games very soon. I'm not an insider, just a regular guy waiting on his game(like all of you)that wanted to share part of my conversation as it's good news! Btw, the two times I've called them(CGC), they been polite honest and fairly transparent about where things sit for what ever its worth.

Finally, Black is Back!!

#3304 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

For those waiting on black trim machines:
Recently I've been seeing some black trim machines on the forums(in transit and pics), and I was wondering if it was just a handful of black trim games being completed or if the black trim has arrived and they are back into full production. Spoke to CGC today, trim arrived and yes black is back on the line and in production!! I didn't ask for specific time frames or run numbers, but they did say are trying to ramp up production and you will be seeing more games very soon. I'm not an insider, just a regular guy waiting on his game(like all of you)that wanted to share part of my conversation as it's good news! Btw, the two times I've called them(CGC), they been polite honest and fairly transparent about where things sit for what ever its worth.
Finally, Black is Back!!

Did ya ask him about another current issue that is "fairly transparent"?? Sorry... couldn't resist

Regardless of how the company is handling (or not handling) problems... you guys have a right to be excited as MM is a great game and should be in any collection. I said my piece and indeed it's up to each individual to decide how they feel and what (if anything) to do about it.

Enjoy it! That part sure isn't hard...

#3305 7 years ago

My buddy got word his black trim will be arriving this week

#3306 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Delivered! Unfortunately I had to drive right back to work after I took this picture. Should get to unbox tonight and will try and post some pics tonight or tomorrow!

985? Wow is that 15 left to ship? I know the numbers are not super accurate but they are close aren't they? So should really be almost finished shipping the LE out then. No?

Do you think they will start shipping the standard editions sometime this month as stated?

#3307 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Even if I could get one on the second hand market with tomahawked slingshots, puke mustard trim, piss poor sound quality, lousy insert text, and the color upgrade for $5000, I think I'd pass at this point. In the years since I first ordered one, my tastes have changed and my last DMD game is going out the door this weekend.
Doesn't mean I won't keep patting myself on the back for seeing that something wasn't going to be right shortly after these went on sale and getting my deposit back.

Please, pat pat pat away while you enjoy your woodrails. But maybe just let us owners go back to enjoying our games and reading about more unboxings, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.
Oh, and my game's already appreciated by 30% on the market here since I bought it, so I could probably buy about 10 crappy EM's if I flipped it today.

#3308 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

Please, pat pat pat away while you enjoy your woodrails. But maybe just let us owners go back to enjoying our games and reading about more unboxings, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

Sorry I responded to a post that stated my name. And really sorry that it took you away from enjoying your game.

Just think if you were playing it instead of reading this you might enjoy it even more.

#3309 7 years ago

If there was one on the train I'm on, I would be playing it!

#3310 7 years ago
Quoted from makeittogo:

What ever happened to the promised discount to MMR owners on coin mechs and invisaglass? Did anyone get a special deal or did I not remember this correctly?

I got my discounted coin mechs from Rick, it was like $19.95 shipped for 2.

#3311 7 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Do you think they will start shipping the standard editions sometime this month as stated?

Someone on PPS received word that their Standard MMR is shipping Monday. So they are already making them alongside the remaining LEs. Which is confusing, but what isn't with CGC?

#3312 7 years ago

Just got the word from Katie of JJP.
My MMRLE Black is ready to ship!
I've got Tommy of Nitro looking after all the details.
Another unboxing will soon be happening. I thought I'd never utter those words.
It's becoming real!

#3313 7 years ago

Just finished unboxing, setting up, and playing my machine! So far so good...no issues to speak of. Sadly, the black inserts are definitely the light ink which are hard to read with the LEDs on. No diffuser installed. I don't quite get why they wouldn't have installed that in the factory.

Needless to say, it is playing great right out of the box and tons of fun! I can't believe I own a brand new Medieval Madness!

Here are some pics:

20160504_180701_(resized).jpg20160504_180701_(resized).jpg

20160504_180705_(resized).jpg20160504_180705_(resized).jpg

20160504_182025_(resized).jpg20160504_182025_(resized).jpg

20160504_182028_(resized).jpg20160504_182028_(resized).jpg

20160504_182032_(resized).jpg20160504_182032_(resized).jpg

20160504_193557_(resized).jpg20160504_193557_(resized).jpg

20160504_172500_(resized).jpg20160504_172500_(resized).jpg

20160504_172830_(resized).jpg20160504_172830_(resized).jpg

20160504_172849_(resized).jpg20160504_172849_(resized).jpg

20160504_173521_(resized).jpg20160504_173521_(resized).jpg

20160504_173528_(resized).jpg20160504_173528_(resized).jpg

20160504_173534_(resized).jpg20160504_173534_(resized).jpg

20160504_173538_(resized).jpg20160504_173538_(resized).jpg

#3314 7 years ago

Congratulations! I've got a WH20 next to my MMR also and they make great companions.
It looks like the LE's are just about done, they are basically finishing them up over the next week or so and then onto the Standards, of which they have already sold 500 to resellers.

#3315 7 years ago

I wonder if the standards will end up with less released than the LE

#3316 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

I wonder if the standards will end up with less released than the LE

They have already said only 500 standards, so technically the standards will be more limited than the LE

#3317 7 years ago

Congrats on your arrival of your Brand New MMRLE Black.
I have to say that I'm so happy I chose the Black also.
Looks really nice!
Can't believe that they didn't install the diffuser at the factory.
I asked Katie at JJP about the ink issue. She told me that they told her that it was all fixed.
Obviously this is not the case. Very disappointed to have paid a healthy some of money and I have to fix something as soon as it arrives. The whole PPS/CGC combo was a discombobulated mess!
When you have waited as long as I have (October 2013) (Paid in full July 2014) you almost forget you ever ordered it.

#3318 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Just finished unboxing, setting up, and playing my machine! So far so good...no issues to speak of. Sadly, the black inserts are definitely the light ink which are hard to read with the LEDs on. No diffuser installed. I don't quite get why they wouldn't have installed that in the factory.
Needless to say, it is playing great right out of the box and tons of fun! I can't believe I own a brand new Medieval Madness!
Here are some pics:

What a beauty maybe I should of got black?!!!

#3319 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Just got the word from Katie of JJP.
My MMRLE Black is ready to ship!
I've got Tommy of Nitro looking after all the details.
Another unboxing will soon be happening. I thought I'd never utter those words.
It's becoming real!

Interesting - what about Twisted Pins orders? If they *actually* made all 1000, then those must be in there, right?

#3320 7 years ago

After seeing and playing all 3 trim colors in person, black by far is the nicest look and finish. Certain if u had all 3 lined up in front of you prior to purchase the vast majority would choose black.

#3321 7 years ago

The black is looking good . . . the trim that is. Don't get me started on the ink.

#3322 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Difference is JJP took care of the issues (I am happy with the responses I received for my game's problems), whereas CGC is basically telling their customers, both current and potential, to go f*ck themselves.

Exactly. Also, woz is much better of a machine than mmr is/ever will be

#3323 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

ummmmm......

#3324 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

They have already said only 500 standards, so technically the standards will be more limited than the LE

For what it's worth, Rick just said this about the SE run:

"CGC have allocated (i.e. have reseller committments) for the first 500 standards as well as alot of those which are sold), we anticipate another 500 batch to be opened up soon, and expect that to sell out as there are a number of resellers who have not been included into the process yet."
http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,683.0.html

And of course the whole point of the SE is no one can complain in a year or three if they decide to do another run to meet any new demand that may arise.

#3325 7 years ago

Also got word from JJP/PS today that my black is shipping this week.

#3326 7 years ago

Out of the 3 trim colors... Black is the bomb!

#3327 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Congrats on your arrival of your Brand New MMRLE Black.
I have to say that I'm so happy I chose the Black also.
Looks really nice!
Can't believe that they didn't install the diffuser at the factory.
I asked Katie at JJP about the ink issue. She told me that they told her that it was all fixed.
Obviously this is not the case. Very disappointed to have paid a healthy some of money and I have to fix something as soon as it arrives. The whole PPS/CGC combo was a discombobulated mess!
When you have waited as long as I have (October 2013) (Paid in full July 2014) you almost forget you ever ordered it.

We have an extra diffuser at Nitro. We'll install this for you no problem once unboxed and will be happy to take care of anything else you might need.

#3328 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

And of course the whole point of the SE is no one can complain in a year or three if they decide to do another run to meet any new demand that may arise.

We wouldn't want any complaints, now would we?

#3329 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3330 7 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We have an extra diffuser at Nitro. We'll install this for you no problem once unboxed and will be happy to take care of anything else you might need.

Thanks Tommy,
We will see after the unboxing.
It may not need it. Who knows.
Nitro is the best!

#3331 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We wouldn't want any complaints, now would we?

My experience with the purchase of my new MMR LE went absolutely perfect,
It was shipped perfectly, the slings do not hit the playfield, my playfield insert ink is perfect, it has never reset time and date, the coin-mechs its HUO so I don't use them but one day for the hell of it I installed a couple(took 30 secs.) put a couple quarters thru it and worked fine.
So after about 1650 plays the playfield and everything else is still like new!!!
Comparing my old MM to MMR the new one is much better IMO!!

#3332 7 years ago

They wouldn't want to send a POS to a guy named topdog would they?

#3333 7 years ago

Man, I was dreading opening this thread when I saw that there were 48 new posts. Glad it's due to yet another person getting their machine. Congrats!

#3334 7 years ago
Quoted from Topdog:

My experience with the purchase of my new MMR LE went absolutely perfect,
It was shipped perfectly, the slings do not hit the playfield, my playfield insert ink is perfect, it has never reset time and date, the coin-mechs its HUO so I don't use them but one day for the hell of it I installed a couple(took 30 secs.) put a couple quarters thru it and worked fine.
So after about 1650 plays the playfield and everything else is still like new!!!
Comparing my old MM to MMR the new one is much better IMO!!

And yours was an earlier one also, I'm assuming?

#3335 7 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

Oh, and my game's already appreciated by 30% on the market here since I bought it, so I could probably buy about 10 crappy EM's if I flipped it today.

Are new MMr now 10.5k US?

#3336 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Convince myself of what? At $8000 I would have wanted it to be perfect as advertised. Any defect and I would have either demanded a refund or whatever it takes to make it right. By seeing what CGC's respone is to those with problems, at this point I'm not sure what I would do. So yeah, I don't need to convince myself of anything.
Edited- don't need any trouble over what somebody might percieve as a threat. Not worth it.

No one cares dude.

#3337 7 years ago

Keep quotin' me and I'll keep respondin'

It's my right as an American!

#3339 7 years ago

Exactly! I thought I was done with this a long time ago. They keep pulling me back...

Enjoy your games!

#3340 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Are new MMr now 10.5k US?

They are A$13,000 and I paid $A10,000.

#3341 7 years ago

Are the LEs still being delivered? How about those that ordered from Twisted Pins?

#3342 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are the LEs still being delivered? How about those that ordered from Twisted Pins?

My black LE from PPS just arrived in Phoenix, so I will presumably have it sometime next week. I believe there are still some LEs held up due to lack of payment. Those will eventually be freed up, I'm guessing.

#3343 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

no.

#3344 7 years ago

I have a paid in full stainless through PPS and it still is not delivered.

#3345 7 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I have a paid in full stainless through PPS and it still is not delivered.

I believe I'm standing behind you in the SS line. From what Rick said, it looks like we will see our games very soon. Hopefully, with proper inserts.

#3346 7 years ago

I am still waiting on my black and I know one other who is as well.

#3347 7 years ago

Black trim MMr en route!!! Arriving in home Tuesday!!

#3348 7 years ago

Waiting on A SS here as well.

#3349 7 years ago

Waiting for black as well

#3350 7 years ago

Picked up a Black Trim last Wednesday... One friend saying his gold shipped Friday also.. NT>

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 64.99
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/67?hl=surfajl77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.