IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 84.
#2649 8 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

At Least you guys have games - I'm still waiting - ordered through Twisted Pins (during the pre-order stage how many years ago)... wonder how many others are waiting as well! - a bit frustrated at this point...

TP's orders are slowly rolling out.... Theres a thread on PPS's forum as well.

#2651 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

You might end up being better off depending on how this whole playfield insert issue pans out....

So true. I've stopped pestering JJP about mine...now I don't even want it until I see other people start to get proper playfields.

#2652 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So true. I've stopped pestering JJP about mine...now I don't even want it until I see other people start to get proper playfields.

Me too

#2653 8 years ago

Don't hold your breath. All the playfields have been printed a long time ago. Unlike the slingshot problem, it's not something they can fix while on the line.

I really doubt they're gonna print new playfields for the remaining units.

#2654 8 years ago

Just want my Fn game!

#2655 8 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

At Least you guys have games - I'm still waiting - ordered through Twisted Pins (during the pre-order stage how many years ago)... wonder how many others are waiting as well! - a bit frustrated at this point...

I feel your pain. I paid in full July 2014 and can't even get Twisted Pins to respond to an e-mail letting me know where I am in their pecking order. I called Chicago Gaming 3 weeks ago and they took down my information and seemed friendly enough, but I've heard crickets since. It's actually kind of scary. I got stupid with preorders a few years back, but never again.

#2656 8 years ago

The way that Twisted Pins has dealt with the WH20 toppers doesn't give you much confidence in his communications skills.

#2657 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

The way that Twisted Pins has dealt with the WH20 toppers doesn't give you much confidence in his communications skills.

Sounds like a complete buffoon.

#2658 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I feel your pain. I paid in full July 2014 and can't even get Twisted Pins to respond to an e-mail letting me know where I am in their pecking order. I called Chicago Gaming 3 weeks ago and they took down my information and seemed friendly enough, but I've heard crickets since. It's actually kind of scary. I got stupid with preorders a few years back, but never again.

Exactly the same story here -- but maybe everyone is right, see what they (CG and Stern) do about the Playfield issue - if they do anything at all..really makes me question future remake pin orders... we will see how this turns out!!

#2659 8 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

see what they (CG and Stern) do about the Playfield issue

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Stern has that much to do with the playfield issue.
They are just putting together the parts given to them.
Don't get me wrong, it needs to be corrected.

#2660 8 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Stern has that much to do with the playfield issue.
They are just putting together the parts given to them.
Don't get me wrong, it needs to be corrected.

Your right - Stern doesn't have anything to do with the playfield issue - I stand corrected, Hopefully CG does correct the issue....

#2661 8 years ago

Actual MMR unboxing seem to have gotten scarce on this thread

#2662 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I feel your pain. I paid in full July 2014 and can't even get Twisted Pins to respond to an e-mail letting me know where I am in their pecking order.

Me too - haven't heard a peep since sending in my money.

#2663 8 years ago
Quoted from Lowrent:

Don't hold your breath. All the playfields have been printed a long time ago. Unlike the slingshot problem, it's not something they can fix while on the line.
I really doubt they're gonna print new playfields for the remaining units.

Oh you'd be surprised. This is a huge QC issue and the last thing I'd do as a Mfg is knowingly send out PFs that I know are going to come back. What's the point? Especially if I'm the actually company making the playfields...it's what, $100-$150/ea to print a new batch and get them over to Stern? Much rather do that than pay 3x-5x as much to handle a replacement playfield with the customer. Everyone with this issue deserves a new playfield. The one downside, as a manufacturer, to charging a premium price for a product is that the product has to be premium quality. If this was a $2500 machine, you accept some faults. Not at $8k.

#2664 8 years ago
Quoted from mmlpin1:

Your right - Stern doesn't have anything to do with the playfield issue - I stand corrected, Hopefully CG does correct the issue....

Stern should be doing QC on their end so you would hope they have something to do with this.

#2665 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Luckily Rick knows this now too and they won't sell games like this. it will be like Stern's current system. Sell them when they are on the line and ready to go. As for this current @#$@#$ fiasco....You bet your ass I'm a little worried having that much money tied up and no response.

#2666 8 years ago

Not to mention they could sell the current playfields they have as wall art, and still make a good profit. Hell I'd probably buy one... If I had wall space...

#2667 8 years ago

The latest MMR Unboxing!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

The latest MMR Unboxing!

image_(resized).jpeg

Hahahahhahaha

#2670 8 years ago

Do your playfields look this far off?

#2671 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Every machine I had those never line up quite right. Guess the jig is off. Will look at mine tonight.

#2672 8 years ago

Was looking at my PF today in the light and all the inserts that have no white behind the black look bad. The main ones to battle the kingdom have the white then black paint and look great. They should have done that for all of them regardless of what the original was. Maybe the original inserts were more Opaque so the text was read better.

I have to put my face on the field to read the kings. At first I was not bothered but after learning the game (been a while) I needed to read the inserts to see the goals and it hit me how hard to impossible they were to read.

And I agree 100% for a 8k+ game the PF which is the center of the game should be perfect.

I guess at some point if CG responds we need to get a list of all the un-happy owners and seek resolution. At minimum like was stated a PF sent to us to do as we please.

Not sure the count of unhappy MMR owners but I am in the group as of today.

#2673 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Was looking at my PF today in the light and all the inserts that have no white behind the black look bad. The main ones to battle the kingdom have the white then black paint and look great. They should have done that for all of them regardless of what the original was. Maybe the original inserts were more Opaque so the text was read better.
I have to put my face on the field to read the kings. At first I was not bothered but after learning the game (been a while) I needed to read the inserts to see the goals and it hit me how hard to impossible they were to read.
And I agree 100% for a 8k+ game the PF which is the center of the game should be perfect.
I guess at some point if CG responds we need to get a list of all the un-happy owners and seek resolution. At minimum like was stated a PF sent to us to do as we please.
Not sure the count of unhappy MMR owners but I am in the group as of today.

You don't need to read any of the inserts except the blue inserts and madness inserts. Thankfully those are readable. Pretty much all other inserts are visual for how many left you need. Still, I agree it's a mistake and should be right on the game.

Quoted from mtdouble:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Mines not near that far off but that's normal...Williams games had the same variance. Looks like you need to adjust your wire form so it doesn't hit the lane guide by the way. I had to adjust mine a hair too.

#2674 8 years ago

What's really sad about this insert ink debacle is that it had been talked about 2 months ago and yet they just keep shipping games and more and more disgruntled owners keep reporting it. The number dissatisfied customers keeps growing.
Really poor customer service. It's like they don't care.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help

#2675 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

What's really sad about this insert ink debacle is that it had been talked about 2 months ago and yet they just keep shipping games and more and more disgruntled owners keep reporting it. The number dissatisfied customers keeps growing.
Really poor customer service. It's like they don't care.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help

Let's remember, these games only cost 8K. If they had charged 10K, maybe they could react quicker and do something.

#2676 8 years ago

Those off centre prints don't look so good, but that PF and those wireforms are so new and shiny Im sure I could learn to live with it.

#2677 8 years ago

on a diff note anyone got suggestions for fixing constant creaking from game when playing from playfield glass channels,playfield glass?have tried moving glass up n down pushing down on side rails,but it comes back.

#2678 8 years ago

Anti rattle tape or just get some PDI glass

#2679 8 years ago

I opened a ticket for my inserts print being transparent and washing out and they told me to send them pics with ambient light, glass off and machine turned off. I replied the problem was not when the lights where off but ok! I took a couple and actually you can see the font better in the pics than in person with some of the yellow inserts. When playing during the day with regular lighting I had a friend who had never seen the pin try to make out what the lit inserts said and he couldn't make Em out a foot away. Hmmmm! This bugged me from the get go but it didn't dawn on me to hit them up about in. Playing great though and have all the cliffys on it. Glad to see others getting there's. Not a huge deal but a deal none the less. These lit pics are up close and off my phone in attract mode but they literally look like this while playing. The ones whith white layer are much better. The close ups on the inserts with the machine off shows the texture of the bottom of the insert through the font. Kinda bums me out the more I play it and can't read a dang thing. Especially for friends and family that would like to see the funny details of this game. The video I shot shows it really well because you can see the blue ones just fine as well as jackpots although they still have some bleed through. Hope for a reply soon. Thanks. Have a great weekend y'all.

#2680 8 years ago
Quoted from Tattoovic:

I opened a ticket for my inserts print being transparent and washing out and they told me to send them pics with ambient light, glass off and machine turned off. I replied the problem was not when the lights where off but ok! I took a couple and actually you can see the font better in the pics than in person with some of the yellow inserts. When playing during the day with regular lighting I had a friend who had never seen the pin try to make out what the lit inserts said and he couldn't make Em out a foot away. Hmmmm! This bugged me from the get go but it didn't dawn on me to hit them up about in. Playing great though and have all the cliffys on it. Glad to see others getting there's. Not a huge deal but a deal none the less. These lit pics are up close and off my phone in attract mode but they literally look like this while playing. The ones whith white layer are much better. The close ups on the inserts with the machine off shows the texture of the bottom of the insert through the font. Kinda bums me out the more I play it and can't read a dang thing. Especially for friends and family that would like to see the funny details of this game. The video I shot shows it really well because you can see the blue ones just fine as well as jackpots although they still have some bleed through. Hope for a reply soon. Thanks. Have a great weekend y'all.
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

I'm really sorry to see you guys go through this.

#2681 8 years ago

Glad you contacted them. I asked someone to read the Castles when on and they could read only one and when off took them a while.
At min like was said before they should send out new PF since most on here could do a swap.

#2682 8 years ago

That's rediculous QC. It's clearly a defect in printing that should never have made it to Stern for use.

#2683 8 years ago

This used to be the unboxing thread. Perhaps the insert QC issues could be discussed in one of the active threads dedicated to this problem:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed

#2684 8 years ago

Speaking of unboxing.... There hasn't been one on here all week. What gives?

#2685 8 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Speaking of unboxing.... There hasn't been one on here all week. What gives?

if you read all the above threads the assumption would be that they are looking at insert printing more closely.

#2686 8 years ago

if anyone is expecting the call for their MMR, i'd ask the person about to ship your game if the pf has this problem or not. If they say they can't confirm, i'd tell them to pass on shipping your game and you'll wait for one with good inserts.

#2688 8 years ago

Drew,
I tried to PM you about the solution CGC is offering. Could you try sending me a PM? Not sure if it's just me not being able to send.

Thanks,
Greg

#2690 8 years ago

Gotcha. I just submitted my ticket today.

#2691 8 years ago

I was asked politely to keep the conversation between CGC and I private and I intend to keep my word. Sorry guys all I'm willing to say is that the resolution was a very fair one and that I feel that they did what is right for my case

Thanks for sharing I guess.

#2692 8 years ago

I submitted one also today. I hope they are fair with some resolution.

#2694 8 years ago

I just felt that I needed to reinforce the fact that they are indeed addressing the issue and should be given the time to handle it properly and how they see fit. Sorry I can't be more informative with this situation but I gave my word and I need to honor that commitment

I assume you're getting a replacement populated playfield, since to me, that is the only acceptable solution. If something else has happened, Rick or CGC can clarify, but absent any meaningful information, I will assume that is their response, since to me that is the proper response.

Rick, if you want to complain about assumptions, feel free to dispel them with actual useful information.

#2695 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I assume you're getting a replacement populated playfield, since to me, that is the only acceptable solution. If something else has happened, Rick or CGC can clarify, but absent any meaningful information, I will assume that is their response, since to me that is the proper response.
Rick, if you want to complain about assumptions, feel free to dispel them with actual useful information.

I doubt Rick knows...it's a CGC decision.

#2697 8 years ago

Then my guess would be the other.

The only acceptable solutions would be either a populated playfield swap like stern had to do with the AC/DC foggy window issue or a free unpopulated replacement playfield that does not have the issue.

#2698 8 years ago

Free blank (keeping the old one), vs swapping a populated pf and sending the old one back... yea, blank is likely what is happening, and a lot cheaper for CGC. Think you nailed it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.