IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 84.
#2549 8 years ago

Well I got to tell you everybody that says it's worth the wait is absolutely right I have had a few minor issues out of the box nothing too crazy though, normal set up stuff. The black looks way better in person than it does in any photo I've seen and it plays absolutely true to the original. Finally got it moved into its new spot and got my first few games in

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2550 8 years ago

Ya, I paid in early July 2014 as well. The wait only sucks now because people have them should be a max of a few months at this rate though.

#2551 8 years ago

MMr 551 checking in.

I've owned an original in the past and to me this machine is awesome I'd struggle to see or feel and differences between the two, unless maybe side by side from memory and playing one in a bar not that long ago they are damn close, I prefer MMr I guess because its new.

I really wish PPS would hurry up with the color update!

6_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

7_(resized).jpg7_(resized).jpg

1_(resized).jpeg1_(resized).jpeg

4_(resized).jpeg4_(resized).jpeg

2_(resized).jpeg2_(resized).jpeg

3_(resized).jpeg3_(resized).jpeg

9_(resized).jpg9_(resized).jpg

8_(resized).jpg8_(resized).jpg

#2552 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Check the transition from plastic ramp to habitrail. Make sure the lower (right) wall of the ramp is aligned perfectly with the direction of the habitrail so the ball does not change direction when transitioning from ramp to wireform.

This was exactly the issue. I slid the habitrail over to the left (loosening the nut on the bottom left bumper) and it became aligned. Cheers

#2553 8 years ago

Anyone who has received their MMR LE recently should read through this thread and check to see if your playfield is affected by this issue....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help/page/3

#2554 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Anyone who has received their MMR LE recently should read through this thread and check to see if your playfield is affected by this issue....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-owners-need-some-help/page/3

I really hope they get this figured out before my machine ships... I feel bad for those affected, because I'm guessing CGC isn't going to do much. (I hope I'm wrong about that)

#2555 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I really hope they get this figured out before my machine ships... I feel bad for those affected, because I'm guessing CGC isn't going to do much. (I hope I'm wrong about that)

Quoted from jrockne:

Considering all play fields are finished, I don't see it changing.

#2556 8 years ago
Quoted from DuckBrian:

Pictures, or it didn't happen

Okay, it did happen, so here's the pictures. Yes, I did personally pick it up at CGC. But that was sort of a special arrangement and they really, really don't like to do "will call" orders. Not surprised if they refuse doing this most of the time.

For reference, the machine number on this MMR Gold is 0713 made January 26th. Picked up the 29th...so that's what I'd call a fresh pin! Thinking about bottling the new pinball smell.

The unceremonious unboxing had to happen inside my minivan in a Home Depot parking lot, in order to make room for another pin I was purchasing the same day: Phantom of the Opera HUO serial 009!

As a side comment, while in the lobby of CGC I saw another Williams game disassembled. It had green aliens on the cabinet artwork.

20160129_125318_(resized).jpg20160129_125318_(resized).jpg
20160129_130422_(resized).jpg20160129_130422_(resized).jpg
20160129_130444_(resized).jpg20160129_130444_(resized).jpg

#2557 8 years ago

Congrats on the MMr

You're going to love it.

Interesting...sounds like AFM is the next re-make.

#2558 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

As a side comment, while in the lobby of CGC I saw another Williams game disassembled. It had green aliens on the cabinet artwork.

Party Zone!

#2559 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

Okay, it did happen, so here's the pictures. Yes, I did personally pick it up at CGC. But that was sort of a special arrangement and they really, really don't like to do "will call" orders. Not surprised if they refuse doing this most of the time.
For reference number on this MMR Gold is 0713 made January 26th. Picked up the 29th...so that's what I'd call a fresh pin! Thinking about bottling the new pinball smell.
The unceremonious unboxing had to happen inside my minivan in a Home Depot parking lot, in order to make room for another pin I was purchasing the same day: Phantom of the Opera HUE serial 009!

20160129_125318_(resized).jpg20160129_130422_(resized).jpg20160129_130444_(resized).jpg

Congratulations on finally getting your game, you are going to love it! Can't wait till we get ours. Fortunately I have the chance to play a couple of them at buddy's homes locally and they played so nice!

#2560 8 years ago

Where is the best place to buy an MMr LE now? I saw a few pages back, someone said pinballsales.com? Anyone looking to get out of line?

#2561 8 years ago

And set up the machine this morning...here's the surprises.

1. Upon closer inspection, the warning sheet taped the the playfield was a STERN Star Trek sheet. Hilarious!
2. Left troll does not work at all.
3. Right troll jams.
4. The back box key does not work with the lock at all. Until they send me a new lock and key, I will have to remove the screws to get in.
5. Two of the four metal leg protector plates were misaligned with the leg holes.
6. Indeed as noted by others, many / most of the inserts do not have white ink behind the black lettering. The result is the black lettering looks transparent and almost disappears when lit. No real fix for that. This is a January 26th machine. Despite all this, I still really appreciate this machine. Not every day that you get to open and set up a brand new Williams type game.

Can't wait to install this NOS Williams gold speaker panel that I've been holding on to for over two years.

20160130_091922_(resized).jpg20160130_091922_(resized).jpg

20160130_110817_(resized).jpg20160130_110817_(resized).jpg

20160130_095249_(resized).jpg20160130_095249_(resized).jpg

#2562 8 years ago

Are you sure about the back box key? The back box key is hanging inside on the coin door. It is not on the key ring which opens the coin door. Also, since you got the wrong warning sheet did you cut the cable ties on the trolls which keep them from moving during transport?

#2563 8 years ago

Congrats! Are the new games coming out with the new code already installed to fix the tearing and sound issue?

#2564 8 years ago

The maschines Arne nie availavle in Germany, too! Got mine yesterday, no. 522 from mid of November, stainless.

Has some issues: ball stuck in the top of the upper lane, because it was built too narrow (!?), congratulation to qc. Has the fading castle inserts too.

Some questions:

When the left Troll Pops up, the troll top touches the return wire from the catapult, is that normal? Or is there any fix to avoid this?

The line change of the F I R E letters can only be made with the right flipper button, not with the left one, normal too?

Merlin hole captures the ball, no issue in this regard. However, the hole only manages to spit the ball to the right, only very slowly and without any power. Isn't it normal that the ball is ejected into the bumpers?

Trank you for any feedback.

Eckhard

#2565 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

And set up the machine this morning...here's the surprises.
1. Upon closer inspection, the warning sheet taped the the playfield was a STERN Star Trek sheet. Hilarious!
2. Left troll does not work at all.
3. Right troll jams.
4. The back box key does not work with the lock at all. Until they send me a new lock and key, I will have to remove the screws to get in.
5. Two of the four metal leg protector plates were misaligned with the leg holes.
6. Indeed as noted by others, many / most of the inserts do not have white ink behind the black lettering. The result is the black lettering looks transparent and almost disappears when lit. No real fix for that. This is a January 26th machine. Despite all this, I still really appreciate this machine. Not every day that you get to open and set up a brand new Williams type game.
Can't wait to install this NOS Williams gold speaker panel that I've been holding on to for over two years.

20160130_091922_(resized).jpg20160130_110817_(resized).jpg20160130_095249_(resized).jpg

Cut the zip ties to unleash the trolls.

#2566 8 years ago

The troll touching the catapult return wire is normal. The right flipper should move the fire lit lanes right and the left flipper should move them left. The Merlin kick out is a soft kick out and does not kick it into the bumpers.

#2567 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

Can't wait to install this NOS Williams gold speaker panel that I've been holding on to for over two years

Calico...congrads on getting your game.
I installed that panel as well. It's a bitch in that there is no way to get the grommets off the already installed panel. You will have to snip each of the nubs off, and then the grommets come off easily. The old panel will no longer be able to be used again. Would have been much better if screws were used.

Zora..... I also had a narrow lane at the top of the pf. It took a lot of pressure to open it up a bit so a slow ball would not get caught up. Have you already fixed this?

#2568 8 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Calico...congrads on getting your game.
I installed that panel as well. It's a bitch in that there is no way to get the grommets off the already installed panel. You will have to snip each of the nubs off, and then the grommets come off easily. The old panel will no longer be able to be used again. Would have been much better if screws were used.
Zora..... I also had a narrow lane at the top of the pf. It took a lot of pressure to open it up a bit so a slow ball would not get caught up. Have you already fixed this?

I got some help from a more experienced pinfreak. He adjusted the Metal ramp and moved it down a bit and fixed it again. What a mess for a NIB pin!

But now I am just wondering why my left flipper does not manage the F I R E line change, strange, isn't it?

#2569 8 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Congrats! Are the new games coming out with the new code already installed to fix the tearing and sound issue?

No.

#2570 8 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Also, since you got the wrong warning sheet did you cut the cable ties on the trolls which keep them from moving during transport?

Since he hasn't responded he's probably still trying to locate the Starship Enterprise.

#2571 8 years ago

Ok, at first that made me laugh, I admit, but really somebody has some 'splainin' to do who works on the line or QCs and is responsible for letting that ST instruction sheet get through. I mean, come on, really? lol!

#2572 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

Ok, at first that made me laugh, I admit, but really somebody has some 'splainin' to do who works on the line or QCs and is responsible for letting that ST instruction sheet get through. I mean, come on, really? lol!

Everyone here must be perfect at everything that they do.

#2573 8 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Are you sure about the back box key? The back box key is hanging inside on the coin door. It is not on the key ring which opens the coin door. Also, since you got the wrong warning sheet did you cut the cable ties on the trolls which keep them from moving during transport?

Yep. Finally found the backbox key hiding in the coin door. I looked twice before. It is really hard to see. Also I found and cut the zip ties on the trolls. They work fine now. I just didn't know since my machine came with a Star Trek unpacking sheet. I really sort of think the the Stern Star Trek sheet thing is funny and maybe intentional. It's Chicago humor to do something like that. But it did stump me on non-working trolls for a while : (

#2574 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Everyone here must be perfect at everything that they do.

When your job is QC then yes you should be perfect at what you do. If not, you failed at your job.

#2575 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

When your job is QC then yes you should be perfect at what you do. If not, you failed at your job.

Statements like that are silly and you know it.

#2576 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Statements like that are silly and you know it.

nothing silly about it. These playfields should have been inspected numerous times before being allowed to leave the factory.

#2577 8 years ago

I just started this thread to gather as many examples of both washed out and non washed out inserts as possible so it is clear to PPS CGC and Stern

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/early-production-run-mmr-owners-help-needed

#2578 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

nothing silly about it. These playfields should have been inspected numerous times before being allowed to leave the factory.

No, what was silly to me was the black and white statements about quality control Humans are prone to error, period.

#2579 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No, what was silly to me was the black and white statements about quality control Humans are prone to error, period.

Of course they are, but a person whose job it is to do QC should be prone to perfection.

#2580 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Of course they are, but a person whose job it is to do QC should be prone to perfection.

And if the worst thing they ship that day is the wrong piece of paper taped to a play field, that's pretty good.

#2581 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

And if the worst thing they ship that day is the wrong piece of paper taped to a play field, that's pretty good.

I guess you missed all the post about the illegible insert art.

#2582 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I guess you missed all the post about the illegible insert art.

Nope. Saw them all. And it's not at all clear from the pictures wether or not that is visible in normal factor lighting conditions. All of the pictures seem to be in the dark with the LED behind it. My MMRLE doesn't seem to have the issue so I cannot say what's going on. There's the undercurrent that Stern/PPS/CGC knows there's an issue and is somehow shipping games and not caring which does not compute. The most significant issue they had was the slingshot damage and the corrected it as soon as they knew about it. I wish people would just calm down a little and communicate to the right folks, in the right communications channels and wait for CGC to figure out what's going on.

#2583 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Nope. Saw them all. And it's not at all clear from the pictures wether or not that is visible in normal factor lighting conditions. All of the pictures seem to be in the dark with the LED behind it. My MMRLE doesn't seem to have the issue so I cannot say what's going on. There's the undercurrent that Stern/PPS/CGC knows there's an issue and is somehow shipping games and not caring which does not compute. The most significant issue they had was the slingshot damage and the corrected it as soon as they knew about it. I wish people would just calm down a little and communicate to the right folks, in the right communications channels and wait for CGC to figure out what's going on.

If yours doesn't have the issue could you post some pics of your inserts both with led on and off in a normal lighting situation? When I get home today I will do the same with mine that has the issue.

#2584 8 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

If yours doesn't have the issue could you post some pics of your inserts both with led on and off in a normal lighting situation? When I get home today I will do the same with mine that has the issue.

I will do that tonight when I get home.

#2585 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

Yes, I did personally pick it up at CGC. But that was sort of a special arrangement and they really, really don't like to do "will call" orders. Not surprised if they refuse doing this most of the time.

Quoted from calico1997:

I wonder why they don't like to have people come and do "will call" orders? But thanks for the info...

#2586 8 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I wonder why they don't like to have people come and do "will call" orders?

Perhaps they don't want you to open the box and inspect it while you're there.

#2587 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

People's anxiety would probably be quelled by CGC actually communicating with buyers about this issue. If CGC doesn't consider it an issue than that is something those waiting for games and potential customers of future titles need to know. I for one don't want a playfield that is illegible when the lamps are lit, thats simply not the way the inserts should be printed.

#2588 8 years ago

I have the issue but its not really an issue. Definitely hard to read when on. The lettering is not washed out but a little thin. They could have used a bold font to help it but the problem lies in the non smooth reflective prism type lens on the plastic and the bright white light. If they used a darker LED or color it would show better and if the insert was not so prism like. So if they made it bolder the ink it still would be harder to see with the bright LED.

An instant fix would be a software update to dim the LED or change color if its rgb, etc.

So a warranty issue its not. But yes they should have saw this and made software adjustments, etc.

This is my opinion after getting my machine today.

#2589 8 years ago

After having to get out of pinball 3 years ago (unforeseen circumstances, sold 20 of my 23 collection), I am finally back!

Fresh arrival hot on the dolly. Went with the stainless trim and legs, I wanted to original Williams look.

Got #661. Guess #666 is sitting somewhere.

IMGP4371_(resized).JPGIMGP4371_(resized).JPG

IMGP4377_(resized).JPGIMGP4377_(resized).JPG

IMGP4363_(resized).JPGIMGP4363_(resized).JPG

#2590 8 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

I have the issue but its not really an issue. Definitely hard to read when on. The lettering is not washed out but a little thin. They could have used a bold font to help it but the problem lies in the non smooth reflective prism type lens on the plastic and the bright white light. If they used a darker LED or color it would show better and if the insert was not so prism like. So if they made it bolder the ink it still would be harder to see with the bright LED.
An instant fix would be a software update to dim the LED or change color if its rgb, etc.
So a warranty issue its not. But yes they should have saw this and made software adjustments, etc.
This is my opinion after getting my machine today.

I agree with this. To me only those with severe OCD would be particularly worried by it. You can definitely read the words, they just don't 'pop'. To expect CGC to send out an entire new playfield for this issue is fanciful and unreasonable to my mind.

#2591 8 years ago

Just in follow up with some photos...My MMR was built 1-26-2016 and is SN 713. It has probably 80% of the inserts that are nearly transparent when lit. I don't understand why some have opaque white under them and some do not. I'm enclosing photos below. Notice how much nicer the ones with opaque white look as compared to the transparent black ones. If not a playfield swap - I'd appreciate a rebate. For sure this affects the value of my new machine. Years from now, some prospective buyer will say, "Oh, it's one of THOSE".

20160201_161759_(resized).jpg20160201_161759_(resized).jpg

20160201_161757_(resized).jpg20160201_161757_(resized).jpg

20160201_161706_(resized).jpg20160201_161706_(resized).jpg

20160201_161518_(resized).jpg20160201_161518_(resized).jpg

20160201_161627_(resized).jpg20160201_161627_(resized).jpg

20160201_161431_(resized).jpg20160201_161431_(resized).jpg

20160129_130444_(resized).jpg20160129_130444_(resized).jpg

#2592 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

You can definitely read the words, they just don't 'pop'.

In person, you absolutely cannot read many (if not all) of the plain black inserts when lit. Some photos may lead you to believe otherwise.

#2593 8 years ago

Did the original MM have inserts w/ just the black ink, (no background border art)?

#2594 8 years ago

They may have been back by white underneath the black but no border there have been a few pics of original inserts not having the problem but They wanted to see MMRs that did not have the problem as well as MMRs that did have the problem

#2595 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

In person, you absolutely cannot read many (if not all) of the plain black inserts when lit. Some photos may lead you to believe otherwise.

I have the machine in front of me and I do know what people are talking about - I just don't see it as a big deal. I'd put it in the same category as the start button not being exactly centred relative to the decal, or lane switches not being exactly centred on the playfield artwork. This is assuming mine is as bad as others. The difficult thing here is there is a level of subjectivity and photos show things differently to the human eye. The photos in the post above look absolutely fine, but obviously Calico1997's eye is seeing a different thing.
I reckon the best remedy would be a free color upgrade. No way will they send out playfields for this.

#2596 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

It had green aliens on the cabinet artwork.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

I wonder why they don't like to have people come and do "will call" orders? But thanks for the info...

Probably so people don't come onto Pinside and leak what the next game is?

#2597 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I agree. When lit its impossible to read which King your attacking. White paint would have fixed this but who knows.

Just something were gonna have to live with which I am ok with.

I keep forgetting and lets not forget we have a brand new MM with upgraded electronics that we did not pay 14k for used.

#2598 8 years ago

I do wish they used more LED sockets so I could change some stuff around. First thing I would do is change the king inserts to different colors. On my shadow I have each scene a different color and your know right away whats going on. Like RED for Phurbas and Blue for Underwater doom.

Would have liked to do some LED mods on this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 29.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.