IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 84.
#2349 8 years ago

Luckily no scratches on anything except slight smudge on the rear of the back box!! Those holes almost made me cry when I saw them! #534

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2350 8 years ago

Luckily no scratches on anything except slight smudge on the rear of the back box!! Those holes almost made me cry when I saw them! #534

#2351 8 years ago

Wow that looked a close call. Glad it turned out OK

#2352 8 years ago

CGC is picking up speed, nice!

#2353 8 years ago

Mine arrived just in time for Christmas. #543 made it from Chicago to the West Coast of Australia without a scratch.
Fitted cliffys and mantis protectors,plastic protectors ,a red troll head,a few toys and polished stainless trim.

IMG_0666_(resized).JPGIMG_0666_(resized).JPG

IMG_0665_(resized).JPGIMG_0665_(resized).JPG

#2354 8 years ago

I'm so green with envy. I can't wait for mine to finally make it to my front door. It's been a long year. I fell bad for those that are going on two years now, then I go back to my feelings

#2355 8 years ago
Quoted from Tattoovic:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

Congrats- followed your pics on Instagram. Great pics. -richmondpinball on IG

#2356 8 years ago

Thanks drinkduffbeers! I was positive a fork had stuck it good

#2357 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Congrats- followed your pics on Instagram. Great pics. -richmondpinball on IG

Thanks buddy! See ya on the ig! Merry Christmas

#2358 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

CGC is picking up speed, nice!

I have to admit if they are getting to Bakersfield and Perth now, the end for others waiting must be near.

#2359 8 years ago

Thanks drinkduffbeers! I was positive a fork had stuck it good

Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Wow that looked a close call. Glad it turned out OK

#2360 8 years ago

Woot mine turned up and it's late I'm tired and drunk Merry Xmas

Mr DKong would like you all to know that it was him that solved the disconnected Molex plug that caused the initial no power much worry issue

Other than that I adjusted a wire frame and we played and played

Seems maybe a couple of small tweaks are needed.......after maybe about 30 games all up the ball caught before the Merlin's hole twice but fell in on ball search. Also we got two balls in the catapult and they would not eject properly so had to remove the glass. Is there a fix for that or does it just happen sometimes? would suck in comps.

Only other fault so far is the filthy big hand prints under the cab, come on dudes wash eh?

Very pleased there is no shipping damage and it plays well

Yeah very pleased with the game over all...........f&^k yeah

One other thing..... usually I like to keep my games at factory default....but the wide open outlanes are very unforgiving and seem harder than the couple of originals I have played. Anyone moving their post down some?

#2361 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

. Anyone moving their post down some?

I haven't yet but the one I have on location is draining like a beast so I'm seriously considering it.

#2362 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Did Twisted pins follow up in those orders?

Bump for further intel on this. I haven't heard a peep from them lately and I've been paid in full for 17 months, initial deposit for 25 months. Anyone else get notice of receiving an MMR from them? Whitey?

#2363 8 years ago
Quoted from Tattoovic:

Nice dude! 2 MMR's in Bakersfield! Good thing nothing happened to it that box looked pretty bad.

20150830_075134777_iOS_(resized).jpg20150830_075134777_iOS_(resized).jpg

#2364 8 years ago

Mine spent Christmas in a truck in Washington. Should get properly delivered Tuesday or Wednesday, was supposed to be Christmas Eve but whatever.

#2365 8 years ago

must say everyone whose played mine shits their pants the first time the shaker goes off,it does have a fair bit of oomph,i love it

#2366 8 years ago

Thanks vintag4life. Looks like 2 dracs as well! Close call on that box for sure. Hope alls good see ya around!love to play your rfm

#2368 8 years ago

After spending the holidays in a truck in Washington the courier finally finished delivering my black mmr. The Nitro boys picked it up this morning and brought it over, packed it in and set it up for me. Can't say enough great things about nitro amusements and the service and support they offer. I was in on gold for almost 2 years and switched about a month ago. Phew! The black looks sick, nothing like a de. Txs to tommy for pulling a few strings to make the switch possible. Here are some pics of #580 safe home in Canada.

#2369 8 years ago

I can't wait for mine !!

CGC get Pinballstar (Joe) his MMR's so I can get it .......please

#2370 8 years ago

Haven't stopped playing mine since it came! Every time I walk out of the room I look pretty much like this!

howard_hughes_(resized).pnghoward_hughes_(resized).png

#2371 8 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the release date for the colour program?

Anyone know if matt McKee ever finished the mm topper?

#2372 8 years ago

The eagle has landed...Happy New Year for my family. Time to waste the day setting up & playing pinball

20151231_135653_(resized).jpg20151231_135653_(resized).jpg

#2373 8 years ago

What, no pictures of the "Receiving Party?"

#2374 8 years ago

Mine is here too! Plays fantastically.

I can't think of anything I'd do to it at this point except maybe a cliffy eject protector and swapping the rubber.

I will say, however, that I was a little disappointed in the overall cleanliness of the machine. The powdercoat looks really nice, no question. But when we unboxed the game at the shop this week, the bottom of the cabinet (as shown) was smudged. That's exactly how it looked when we cut the box opened. It's the bottom, not a huge deal, but still..
And second, the entire game (also as shown) was covered in dust. It's like they were doing final inspection next to the sawmill...
But that's only on the outside. The inside is nice and spiffy.
And it looks like they took the outside of the cabinet and wiped the decals down with a dirty rag. Streaky and just not impressed.

That said, all minor stuff that doesn't impact the game, and some time cleaning will take care of it. Just a little disappointed that the guys building the game couldn't do this before it went into a box. I've unboxed plenty of Sterns and never seen this stuff. But Sterns I have seen with dents, wrinkles, and other stuff not present here.

Enjoying the game. Shaker is great on here!

20151231_200129_(resized).jpg20151231_200129_(resized).jpg

20151231_200118_(resized).jpg20151231_200118_(resized).jpg

20151231_190819_(resized).jpg20151231_190819_(resized).jpg

20151231_190810_(resized).jpg20151231_190810_(resized).jpg

20151231_190805_(resized).jpg20151231_190805_(resized).jpg

IMG_20151231_075540_(resized).jpgIMG_20151231_075540_(resized).jpg

20151231_200318_(resized).jpg20151231_200318_(resized).jpg

#2375 8 years ago

Twisted Pins ??? Hello ? Never again, I won't even purchase another remake or support it.

#2376 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I can't think of anything I'd do to it at this point except maybe a cliffy eject protector and swapping the rubber.
I will say, however, that I was a little disappointed in the overall cleanliness of the machine. The powdercoat looks really nice, no question. But when we unboxed the game at the shop this week, the bottom of the cabinet (as shown) was smudged. That's exactly how it looked when we cut the box opened. It's the bottom, not a huge deal, but still..
And second, the entire game (also as shown) was covered in dust. It's like they were doing final inspection next to the sawmill...
And it looks like they took the outside of the cabinet and wiped the decals down with a dirty rag. Streaky and just not impressed.
That said, all minor stuff that doesn't impact the game, and some time cleaning will take care of it. Just a little disappointed that the guys building the game couldn't do this before it went into a box. I've unboxed plenty of Sterns and never seen this stuff. But Sterns I have seen with dents, wrinkles, and other stuff not present here.

20151231_200129_(resized).jpg20151231_200118_(resized).jpg20151231_190819_(resized).jpg20151231_190810_(resized).jpg20151231_190805_(resized).jpgIMG_20151231_075540_(resized).jpg20151231_200318_(resized).jpg

Greg,

That's crazy! Mine was minty clean. Glad it's just topical and the real hard stuff works well. Happy New Year!

Marc

#2377 8 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Greg,
That's crazy! Mine was minty clean. Glad it's just topical and the real hard stuff works well. Happy New Year!
Marc

Yeah. We have a second one in the shop that may get unboxed. Curious to see if it's the same.

#2378 8 years ago

That is pretty pathetic. These are boxed at Stern?

#2379 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Twisted Pins ??? Hello ? Never again, I won't even purchase another remake or support it.

dang...you still having problems contacting them? i was able to sell my spot with them back in august...used that money to buy a virtual pin from vpcabs (which i absolutely LOVE, btw).

hate that you're still having issues.

#2380 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

20151231_200129_(resized).jpg20151231_200118_(resized).jpg20151231_190819_(resized).jpg20151231_190810_(resized).jpg20151231_190805_(resized).jpgIMG_20151231_075540_(resized).jpg20151231_200318_(resized).jpg

Wow...I can't believe they'd ship something in that condition....I'd seriously complain. Apparently, CGC is just pushing them out as fast as they can. QC ought to be much better than this.

#2381 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I concur. Never again will I buy anything from Twisted Pins. By the way, what happened to those 6 games they were supposed to receive 2 weeks ago?

#2382 8 years ago

Got mine this past Monday and was lucky I guess because the machine looked perfect out of the box. Super clean and mint. Even the box looked like it was white gloved when I picked it up from the shipper's dock. #621, black, born on date 12/17. Plays like a dream. Purchased from Automated Services. Game left Chicago on 12/23 and was in Sacramento on 12/28. Very, very happy the long wait is over and couldn't be happier with the build quality. The wife finally believes that the 8k was spent on pinball and not a mistress. Thanks for finally coming thru CGC.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#2383 8 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

will say, however, that I was a little disappointed in the overall cleanliness of the machine. The powdercoat looks really nice, no question. But when we unboxed the game at the shop this week, the bottom of the cabinet (as shown) was smudged. That's exactly how it looked when we cut the box opened. It's the bottom, not a huge deal, but still..

Had the exact same issues with mine after pulling it outta the box...not sure if I would want to buy another remake after the wait and then dealing with having to clean a new game right out of the box. QC was piss poor on the game I received.

#2384 8 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Had the exact same issues with mine after pulling it outta the box...not sure if I would want to buy another remake after the wait and then dealing with having to clean a new game right out of the box. QC was piss poor on the game I received.

Well at least I'm not crazy

#2385 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Has anyone heard anything about the release date for the colour program?
Anyone know if matt McKee ever finished the mm topper?

I got a repy from Matt saying he didnt finish it. No idea on colour, but hopefully soon.

#2386 8 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

The wife finally believes that the 8k was spent on pinball and not a mistress.

lmao...we've all been there.

#2387 8 years ago
Quoted from rustyrivets:

I got a repy from Matt saying he didnt finish it. No idea on colour, but hopefully soon.

That's too bad, wonder why he never finished it.

Hope that colour is soon. The preview looked awesome!

#2388 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well it isn't the remakes fault, but us who bought from TP are in the dark and it sucks ass. I left a VM with church hill and haven't heard back, left two messages with TP and haven't heard..... I don't care if I'm 999, but just need some contact.

#2389 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

#580 safe home in Canada.

You know your in Canada when both your techs show up with mullets. I was laughing my ass off.

#2390 8 years ago

#2391 8 years ago

Mine was dusty and inside the cabinet was dirty and has about the same amount of crap left over in it like my other games bought.
Great game but no happy about the way it arrived for a NIB. I have had a few issues so far that I needed to fix but I can live with that part.

I wonder if any MMR owners have this damage under the speaker panel? Not great pictures but mine looks pretty ordinary.

2016-01-01_11.06.29_(resized).jpg2016-01-01_11.06.29_(resized).jpg

2016-01-01_11.06.33_(resized).jpg2016-01-01_11.06.33_(resized).jpg

2016-01-01_11.06.40_(resized).jpg2016-01-01_11.06.40_(resized).jpg

#2392 8 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

Mine was dusty and inside the cabinet was dirty and has about the same amount of crap left over in it like my other games bought.
Great game but no happy about the way it arrived for a NIB. I have had a few issues so far that I needed to fix but I can live with that part.
I wonder if any MMR owners have this damage under the speaker panel? Not great pictures but mine looks pretty ordinary.

2016-01-01_11.06.29_(resized).jpg2016-01-01_11.06.33_(resized).jpg2016-01-01_11.06.40_(resized).jpg

Thats some nice QC there!

#2393 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

You know your in Canada when both your techs show up with mullets. I was laughing my ass off.

#2394 8 years ago

Loving my MMR, however, two consistent "bugs" bother me...

1. The optical switch in front of the drawbridge doesn't always register a ball on the drawbridge/gate

2. The castle lock switch does not always register a ball lock/castle destruction even after adjustment

Is this normal for MM? I have limited experience playing an original and have no idea if this is normal, I appreciate your comments!

#2395 8 years ago

Check the under play field switch connections. If those look OK, open a ticket with CGC and someone will help you.

Marc

#2396 8 years ago

1 - is the ball clearing the optos ? Going over the light beam ?

2 - check that the switch is on tight, may need adjusting.

LTG : )

#2397 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

1 - is the ball clearing the optos ? Going over the light beam ?
2 - check that the switch is on tight, may need adjusting.
LTG : )

1. It appears that ball is clearing the optos on both the gate and drawbridge, it only seems to not register when ball travels slow (but for the most part does register) Though the gate opto has not registered at faster travel as well. Can these be adjusted? If so, how?

2. Switch is on tight, I tried adjusting prior to my previous commenting, I made it more sensitive, seemed to help but is still not registering 100% of the time

Before I replied this time around I looked the game over rather closely, everything seems to be in order both under and on top of the playfield. I would rather not open another ticket on this if I don't have to, as I am already dealing with a sound problem that I had opened a ticket for, I will open another if I must, but figured my question was harmless enough to ask here first.

#2398 8 years ago

How do you disable the knocker without disabling the shaker? Obviously pulling the connector off the board in the back box is not the answer as that disables both. I tired following the wire lead from the knocker but kept losing it, so just wanted to check here to get a definitive answer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.