IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 84.
#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I thought you got out ages ago?

????? Nope, not me.

#1602 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I was just wondering the same thing. Apparently I'm around #15 for black trim through JJP.

Rick has stated that production will shift at #500 to European models. We have seen posts of a game in the low 400's. Are they building these in order? I can't imagine that there are fewer than 100 blacks left for North America and I would be shocked if JJP gets more than 20 of the current build. I could be wrong, but I am guessing that I will be looking at the end of the run.

#1603 8 years ago

Love seeing new machines shipping. Have fun guys.

#1604 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

????? Nope, not me.

Derp. My bad. Confusing handles that start with jaz. Carry on!

/I hope I'm in front of you

#1605 8 years ago

Congrats on the black trim pins guys! glad to see they are shipping! Game plays just fantastic. Enjoy guys!

#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

10 months since production started and 400 games ? So realistically a year for the other 600?

Yeah, it's frustrating for sure. I've tried to stay positive, but it's difficult as many on here know all too well.

#1607 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I have all the Mantis protectors on mine and they fit perfectly

So was there a gap between the VUK and playfield on the long side of where the protector would go on your machine? Or did you just remove the VUK, install the protector and reinstall the VUK?

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

So was there a gap between the VUK and playfield on the long side of where the protector would go on your machine? Or did you just remove the VUK, install the protector and reinstall the VUK?

Bingo, you have to remove the VUK!

#1609 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Rick has stated that production will shift at #500 to European models. We have seen posts of a game in the low 400's. Are they building these in order? I can't imagine that there are fewer than 100 blacks left for North America and I would be shocked if JJP gets more than 20 of the current build. I could be wrong, but I am guessing that I will be looking at the end of the run.

He didn't say he'd get through all the North American orders, just that they would switch to European orders at 500. In other words, you're likely looking at 2016 if you miss that cut. Since I'm a SS order, I fear I'm screwed.

#1610 8 years ago

What I said was that games after the 500th (approx) would be able to go to Europe, I did not say we were switching or anything like that, as the logistics of how many games, what shipping arrangements, what trim combinations, etc will need to be figured out to point to a timeframe(s). How the allocation of games go to Europe will depend on a number of factors, and CGC will figure out the timing with the reseller, which are Pinball Heaven and Ministry of Pinball at this point.

#1611 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told long ago that I'm one of the top people on the list for a black MMr from JJP.
Katie told me on Friday that my contact info was forwarded to CGC and that I should hear from this week as to when my machine will be ready for pickup at Chicago Gaming.
No call from CGC as of yet.

When did you order and pay in full?

#1612 8 years ago

For reference, when I received mine on Sept 24th (#379) it had a production date of Sept 2nd on the cab. They've gotta be well above 400 (probably 450+ now). I don't have any inside information, just making an assumption based off when I received the game and when the production date was placed on the game.

Be patient everyone still in, it is definitely worth the wait!

#1613 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bingo, you have to remove the VUK!

You missed my point. I know that you have to remove the VUK and that the mantis protectors mount from the underside of the playfield.

The VUK is flush to the playfield, so there is no gap for the protector to slide into. I assumed that installing the protector wouldn't require shifting the entire VUK out of place in order to make room for the protector. Good to know that doing so won't affect the kickout.

So your game is just like mine after all.

#1614 8 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

The VUK is flush to the playfield, so there is no gap for the protector to slide into. I assumed that installing the protector wouldn't require shifting the entire VUK out of place in order to make room for the protector. Good to know that doing so won't affect the kickout.

I guess I'm not following your problem. All I know is I ordered a set of the Mantis protectors and I installed them all. So, they all fit.

#1615 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

What I said was that games after the 500th (approx) would be able to go to Europe, I did not say we were switching or anything like that, as the logistics of how many games, what shipping arrangements, what trim combinations, etc will need to be figured out to point to a timeframe(s). How the allocation of games go to Europe will depend on a number of factors, and CGC will figure out the timing with the reseller, which are Pinball Heaven and Ministry of Pinball at this point.

So do you think we europeans will get our games before christmas ? Cant wait to open the box

#1616 8 years ago

Was thinking the same here, is there a chance we will get them in the UK this year? I ordered on announcement day, am very patiently waiting for my black trim machine...

#1617 8 years ago

Finally got mine yesterday, all setup with no issues other than slam tilt mech was stuck closed. Did get ball stuck behind castle wall once but I see there's a fix in the MMR issues thread which I'll take care of. I'm also getting the occasional ball jumping off of the peasant ramp, not sure what's going on there.

Otherwise everything is great and after a long long wait I'm very happy. Game plays awesome. That being said I probably won't ever pre-order a game again.

#1618 8 years ago

Black trim looks great.

#1619 8 years ago
Quoted from ArgabargaJones:

Finally got mine yesterday, all setup with no issues other than slam tilt mech was stuck closed. Did get ball stuck behind castle wall once but I see there's a fix in the MMR issues thread which I'll take care of. I'm also getting the occasional ball jumping off of the peasant ramp, not sure what's going on there.
Otherwise everything is great and after a long long wait I'm very happy. Game plays awesome. That being said I probably won't ever pre-order a game again.
20150930_222929.jpg

Is the backbox taller than twilight zone? Is that how the original was?

#1620 8 years ago

Not sure if you guys know the answer....but if I ordered one today, when would it ship? Any idea?

#1621 8 years ago

That made me LOL. Now I have coffee on my desk.

#1622 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is the backbox taller than Twilight Zone? Is that how the original was?

I didn't measure but they appear to be same height. My TZ is sitting pretty low in the back compared to the MMR, will have to fix that.

#1623 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not sure if you guys know the answer....but if I ordered one today, when would it ship? Any idea?

No one knows. It appears they've shipped about 400 LEs so far. But no one knows for sure what their production rate's going to look like going forward. You could try calling distributors to see if they've had cancelations and are willing to put you in line where the original purchaser stood. But distributors don't seem able to tell most buyers until a few weeks before their games ship, so doubtful they could give you good info on when yours would.

#1624 8 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Get a quote direct from PPS, you might be suprised....

#1625 8 years ago

I didn't measure but they appear to be same height. My TZ is sitting pretty low in the back compared to the MMR, will have to fix that.

Make sure you are using the correct leg holes in the back of TZ. It has two sets of holes. The backboxes should be approx the same height when leveled correctly with the correct holes.

#1626 8 years ago

More pick with new apron. Thanks Concretehardt great seller!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#1627 8 years ago

Looks great but now there is no room for your LE plaque!

#1628 8 years ago

What the heck???
I still haven't heard a peep from JJP?? Good thing I paid super early! Thanks a lot Jack and Rick!

#1629 8 years ago

That apron looks great.

Glad I bought one for my MMr...whenever it arrives.

#1630 8 years ago

Anyone recently get a Stainless though JJP? I've been waiting 10 months now :-/

#1631 8 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

Anyone recently get a Stainless though JJP? I've been waiting 10 months now :-/

Only 10 months? LOL, childs play.

#1632 8 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What the heck???
I still haven't heard a peep from JJP?? Good thing I paid super early! Thanks a lot Jack and Rick!

First to pay ? First to play ! What Bullshit.

Straight from JJP way of doing business

#1633 8 years ago

20150930_222929.jpg 1

For those that have had black trims delivered, is the black a smooth glossy black?

#1634 8 years ago

It is smooth but not a high gloss, i would call it semi.

#1636 8 years ago

I would agree semi

#1637 8 years ago

Playing great. Only minor issue seems to be that's it's difficult to get the ball to stay in the saucer. Pops right out 75% of the time.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#1638 8 years ago

I have a HEP IJ and it bounces out of the saucer like 50% of the time so I wouldn't worry. I found when I owned Avengers that some hard nail gloss around the saucer really makes the ball fall in and stay. Just an FYI if you want to try it.

#1639 8 years ago

I was told by JJP that I was supposed to get a call from CGC last week as to when my MMr would be ready for pick up.

All I'm hearing is crickets.

disappointing

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Playing great. Only minor issue seems to be that's it's difficult to get the ball to stay in the saucer. Pops right out 75% of the time.

image.jpegimage_1.jpeg image_2.jpeg

Every original MM I have owned (5 of them) have done the exact same thing. Try a small piece of drop dead foam just behind the saucer it helps a lot.

#1641 8 years ago

Just installed black mirror blades on my black MMR....so sweet!

20151006_195811.jpg20151006_195811.jpg

20151006_195753.jpg20151006_195753.jpg

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just installed black mirror blades on my black MMR....so sweet!

20151006_195811.jpg 20151006_195753.jpg

Do you Luv it?

#1643 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Do you Luv it?

FUCK YEA!$....looks like 10K+, plays like 18k 1.5 years ago...LMAO

#1644 8 years ago

I'm going with a buddy Tomm and picking up his black le Ed . I'll post pictures of it when we get it set up . Haven't had any real time on a mm so I'm looking forward to it .

#1645 8 years ago

I can afford one more machine.Not willing to part with the ones I own yet.
The ones that interest me are:GOT pro or prem,MMR,Hobbit,TBL.
Can't make up my mind.
Don't forget to get the sweet double headed dragon w/Blue eyes and red flame for your MMR!

#1646 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I can afford one more machine.Not willing to part with the ones I own yet.
The ones that interest me are:GOT pro or prem,MMR,Hobbit,TBL.
Can't make up my mind.

It would be a hard choice for me as well. I was in on TBL until I was refunded on black Sunday. Could not confidently go back into it. I decided in April to go for MMR BLACK and just got it delivered last week... it is awesome and will never leave. Saying that all others you mentioned are on my list as well so it will come down to delivery time and $$$.... sorry for not being much help...just flip it and play some pin!

#1647 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It would be a hard choice for me as well. I was in on TBL until I was refunded on black Sunday. Could not confidently go back into it. I decided in April to go for MMR BLACK and just got it delivered last week... it is awesome and will never leave. Saying that all others you mentioned are on my list as well so it will come down to delivery time and $$$.... sorry for not being much help...just flip it and play some pin!

I might get GOT since its available soon.Have fun with it for 6 months or so.Sell it to help finance my other interests.By then you would think MMR,TH,TBL would be readily available.

#1648 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Thats what's so frustrating. You got in in April and got your machine already?? I was in the day of the damn announcement and still have no end in sight! Eff me!

#1649 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Thats what's so frustrating. You got in in April and got your machine already?? I was in the day of the damn announcement and still have no end in sight! Eff me!

Same. Paid in full 14 months ago, pre-ordered with down payment almost two years ago. Told repeatedly I was in the "first batch" by JJP. Nothing yet.

#1650 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Same. Paid in full 14 months ago, pre-ordered with down payment almost two years ago. Told repeatedly I was in the "first batch" by JJP. Nothing yet.

I've still only got my deposit in, but I'm through PPS. They don't require full until it's about to ship. It still sucks. Pre-ordering is for suckers. Never again. The first ones to get in are the last to get their games. Some schmoe orders April of this year and is playing his game now before us suckers. Good grief.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 85.00
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.