IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 84.
#1501 8 years ago

Thanks for the advice and PM.

#1502 8 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Any issues wiring the Dragon up?

No. Alligator clips (provided) to a GI bulb for the eyes and an inline flasher connector is provided for the flame.

#1503 8 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

No. Alligator clips (provided) to a GI bulb for the eyes and an inline flasher connector is provided for the flame.

Nice!

#1504 8 years ago

Ridiculous that there hasn't been one black trim off the line yet!!

#1505 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Ridiculous that there hasn't been one black trim off the line yet!!

I know, I'm hoping some start shipping next week. They were on the line last week.....fingers crossed.

#1506 8 years ago

I was just coming here to correct myself. Was just over at PPS forums. Apparently someone there was contacted that they should receive their black trim next week. Looking forward to the pics.....and to justify waiting this long!

#1508 8 years ago

Well, my gold is supposed to arrive today between now and 2pm PDT, and so the final wait begins...

Will try and take as many pix as I can remember to, but forgive me if I don't get to posting them up right away.

Fingers crossed that everything goes OK.

#1509 8 years ago

It's Here! Just a couple pix for now. Unloaded and checked it for signs of damage and it looks great so far. Made it up to my condo no problems and now getting ready to set it up. Practicalsteve is on his way over to check it out too. Should be a fun afternoon!

IMG_1345.JPGIMG_1345.JPG
IMG_1349.JPGIMG_1349.JPG
IMG_3356.JPGIMG_3356.JPG

#1510 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

It's Here! Just a couple pix for now. Unloaded and checked it for signs of damage and it looks great so far. Made it up to my condo no problems and now getting ready to set it up. Practicalsteve is on his way over to check it out too. Should be a fun afternoon!

Sweet, congrats and thanks for the pictures! Were the leg bolts still in the coin box on yours? Just wondering if they adjusted packing on the later runs. Looking forward to more pictures when you get it setup. Great day for you!

#1511 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1349.JPG
IMG_3356.JPG

What a beauty Welcome to the club!!!

#1512 8 years ago

Mine was # 292 and the front leg bolts were in their holes so you could put on the front legs before having to cut the strap to get in the coin door. Once inside there were 8 bolts in a bag so 4 extra.

#1513 8 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

Mine was # 292 and the front leg bolts were in their holes so you could put on the front legs before having to cut the strap to get in the coin door. Once inside there were 4 bolts in a bag so two extra.

Great, this is good to know on the newer runs. Thanks!

#1514 8 years ago

A few more pix after taking a break from MMR for a little bit.

IMG_1355.JPGIMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1357.JPGIMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1359.JPGIMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1365.JPGIMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1371.JPGIMG_1371.JPG

Yep, already put up a GC score on it. This game plays unbelievably well. Setup was a breeze and there were no issues*. Leveled it and flippers seemed perfectly fine. Left everything else at defaults except for volume override and changed the DMD color to gold. *The only minor issue I've seen so far is a couple of times the ball took a couple tries to kickout of the trough on a new ball. I think I've read here that there's an easy fix for that by bending something a bit so I'll have to look into that.

Otherwise, it is simply amazing. Whatever issues they may have been having at the start, they certainly seem to have been well ironed out. Major kudos!

On my MMR, all the leg bolts were sealed inside a manila envelope inside the coin tray, along with the balls, tilt bob, and power cord/plate. None of the bolts were already screwed in.

#1515 8 years ago

Looks great! That's a good 1-2 punch there with your Star Trek. Congrats again!
Like the space theme too, I hope it glows with the lights out

#1516 8 years ago

What you can't see is the tons of glow in the dark stars and such plastered all over the roof there. The whole area used to be an outdoor patio part of the condo, but some previous owner had it enclosed, and I converted it into a mini game room. It does look way cooler at night and those LED strips wrap around the whole room and have a bunch of preset patterns.

#1517 8 years ago

Good for you man congrats. Nice little lineup you got there!!

#1518 8 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

A few more pix after taking a break from MMR for a little bit.
IMG_1355.JPG
IMG_1357.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1371.JPG
Yep, already put up a GC score on it. This game plays unbelievably well. Setup was a breeze and there were no issues*. Leveled it and flippers seemed perfectly fine. Left everything else at defaults except for volume override and changed the DMD color to gold. *The only minor issue I've seen so far is a couple of times the ball took a couple tries to kickout of the trough on a new ball. I think I've read here that there's an easy fix for that by bending something a bit so I'll have to look into that.
Otherwise, it is simply amazing. Whatever issues they may have been having at the start, they certainly seem to have been well ironed out. Major kudos!
On my MMR, all the leg bolts were sealed inside a manila envelope inside the coin tray, along with the balls, tilt bob, and power cord/plate. None of the bolts were already screwed in.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

#1519 8 years ago

Congratulation, how do you love the gold trim ? Its hard to say from the picture how they will look in real. Did they match well to the rest ?

Greetings

#1520 8 years ago

Picking up my gold tomorrow from JJP! I was excited to hear that the box was not damaged.

#1521 8 years ago

I am going to offer up my spot if someone wants to buy it at cost ($8k plus shipping). It's not because of the wait but for other reasons that have just arisen. I am on the road right now, so I won't post a formal ad until I get home tomorrow. If anyone wants to PM me about it in the meantime, I'll respond as soon as I get the chance. I am told that you can have your choice of trim colors. I picked black, which is why I have not yet received it. I ordered in the first half hour and paid in full in July of last year, so my turn ought to be getting close. (Famous last words, I know!) Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

#1522 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am going to offer up my spot if someone wants to buy it at cost ($8k plus shipping). It's not because of the wait but for other reasons that have just arisen. I am on the road right now, so I won't post a formal ad until I get home tomorrow. If anyone wants to PM me about it in the meantime, I'll respond as soon as I get the chance. I am told that you can have your choice of trim colors. I picked black, which is why I have not yet received it. I ordered in the first half hour and paid in full in July of last year, so my turn ought to be getting close. (Famous last words, I know!) Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

I would advise just asking for a refund.

#1523 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

It's not because of the wait but for other reasons that have just arisen.

You decided on that 4 Roses instead?

#1524 8 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Picking up my gold tomorrow from JJP! I was excited to hear that the box was not damaged.

why's that? is the box now more important than the pin

#1525 8 years ago

Absolutely love the gold trim. It was the only choice for me honestly. I already have black trim on my ST Pro so I didn't want another one. TBH, I find it a bit bland. I'm not really a fan of SS either so I'm glad they offered the gold trim.

#1526 8 years ago

ZZZZZZZZZ. Things are normal. No game,,
Bullshit

#1527 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

why's that? is the box now more important than the pin

I know you're kidding here but Katie from JJP told me that they had to send a couple games back to PPS because of shipping damage. I'm just glad that isn't the case with mine.

#1528 8 years ago

Mr. Personality is saying that black games are on the line....Of course, he has been saying this for at least 2 months, so we'll see.

#1529 8 years ago

Good to hear that production runs. Glad that i am in the club soon

#1530 8 years ago

Ad is up in the Marketplace for my MMr spot, which should be in production soon. You can have it at cost. I am not trying to make a profit on it. (I noticed one on Mr. Pinball for $9,200. Yikes!) I have had a couple of PMs already this afternoon, but nothing is definite, so it might yet be available.

#1531 8 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I know you're kidding here but Katie from JJP told me that they had to send a couple games back to PPS because of shipping damage. I'm just glad that isn't the case with mine.

Exactly why I am picking mine up at CGC. Too long of a wait to wait another 6 months to get it fixed. Sending pinball machines by freight is about as precise and careful as having incisions by your surgeon done with a chainsaw.

#1532 8 years ago

MMR #66 in Gold in the house today! Got the call from Cointaker and made the 2.5 hour ride to pick this beauty up. First off... top rate, amazing business. Cointaker is some of the nicest people I have ever met. Very cool meeting them today!

Got home and go ther out of the truck, down the stairs, unpacked and playing all by my lonesome and that first game made it all worth it! Such an amazing game. She is really a beautiful machine. My wife approves and so do the mutts!

IMAG1136.jpgIMAG1136.jpg

IMAG1142.jpgIMAG1142.jpg

IMAG1151.jpgIMAG1151.jpg

#1533 8 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

It was sternly pointed out to me this morning that all damaged boxes get returned to CGC, the manufacturer, and not PPS as I stated above. I apologize to all those that mistakenly sent their damaged games back to PPS instead of CGC as a result of my callous post. I'll be happy to reimburse you for your duplicitous shipping costs.

I was looking forward to showing pics and posting about my experience getting the game and unboxing it, but not so much anymore.

#1534 8 years ago

Looks like the waiting has paid off......just heard from Katie that mine is shipping this week. Fingers crossed that I'm able to play it by the weekend.

#1535 8 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Looks like the waiting has paid off......just heard from Katie that mine is shipping this week. Fingers crossed that I'm able to play it by the weekend.

What trim color?

#1536 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What trim color?

Gold. They have a decent allotment allocated to Pinball Sales being shipped out in the next couple days

#1537 8 years ago

Man, I might just call them and switch to gold.....black is taking forever and my patience is running thin.
Congrats to you though!

#1538 8 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Gold. They have a decent allotment allocated to Pinball Sales being shipped out in the next couple days

I wonder if they're getting any black trim machines.

#1539 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wonder if they're getting any black trim machines.

I can only speak to my order and what I was told. Katie has been great to talk to and very responsive whenever I sent her an email.

#1540 8 years ago

I sent her an email last week. She immediately responded.

Said she doesn't have a clue as to when JJP will be getting the black pins in.

#1541 8 years ago

Once they turn the corner(first 500) the second 500 will go fast!

#1542 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwhiz70:

Once they turn the corner(first 500) the second 500 will go fast!

I so wish you are right, but I have seen nothing to indicate this is true.

#1543 8 years ago

Not the best pics, but took delivery of #340 (stainless) yesterday. Big thanks to Joe at pinballstar - good communication and transparent process. Got in late in March 2015, paid in full for about a month or so. Arrived without a scratch, I did have to adjust the flippers a bit, and the moat kickout stalls every now and then, not a big deal. If anyone has a link to the fix, could you post it here? It's so much brighter than my original was, I love it. Also never had a shaker motor before (except an old HD machine that didn't stay long), pretty neat effect. I had sold my original in 2006, and couldn't justify the 15k asking price the original were bringing a few years ago, so I'm thrilled that the MMrs came around.

Side note, I wasn't paid in full nearly as long as others, but it did convince me to never support the prepay business model again. There's no incentive for the manufacturer to deliver other than good intentions and to preserve your reputation, and it puts the distributor in a bad position having to deal with constant emails and calls from their customers.

2015-09-21_19.06.45.jpg2015-09-21_19.06.45.jpg

2015-09-21_08.01.13.jpg2015-09-21_08.01.13.jpg

2015-09-21_19.07.23.jpg2015-09-21_19.07.23.jpg

#1544 8 years ago

i dont mind the stainless trim at all, infact my choice if i bought one.....

grats and enjoy

#1545 8 years ago

Nice lineup MMR looks awesome next to your MB!!

#1546 8 years ago

Delivery tomorrow for me. Looking forward to getting this all set up.

#1547 8 years ago

Talked to Katie at JJP today. She said they are expecting a small allocation of black to ship next week...enough to fill orders placed in Oct 2013. I'm August 2014 and was told i am 60th in the queue.

#1548 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Talked to Katie at JJP today. She said they are expecting a small allocation of black to ship next week...enough to fill orders placed in Oct 2013. I'm August 2014 and was told i am 60th in the queue.

Sweet! I'm one of those and was told I'd be first batch. I hope the black trims start showing up for everyone soon.

#1549 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Sweet! I'm one of those and was told I'd be first batch. I hope the black trims start showing up for everyone soon.

Was told a while back that I'd be in the 1st batch as well.

Exciting times just around the corner...(I hope).

#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Nice, I'm in October. I hope enough other people bailed that I get in that first group

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 29.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.