IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.
#1351 8 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure why I lucked out and got one ordered in January of this year and received it in April 1 (no fooling) I think.
I think gold looks good on this, but would like to see a black one too

Lucky you, I paid for mine in December 2013 and still no word. It's a gold one too, luckily all the positive reviews help with the long wait but man the wait's feeling loooooooong!

#1352 8 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Not sure why I lucked out and got one ordered in January of this year and received it in April 1 (no fooling) I think.
I think gold looks good on this, but would like to see a black one too

Lucky you, I paid for mine in December 2013 and still no word. It's a gold one too, luckily all the positive reviews help with the long wait but man the wait's feeling loooooooong!

#1353 8 years ago

Paid deposit in 10/2013, Paid in full 7/2014. No machine and now asking for a refund.

#1354 8 years ago

Paid deposit 10/2013, paid in full 7/2014, ordered black trim. Bailed July of this year, and switched to a WOZ, which I received last week. (LOVING WOZ)

#1355 8 years ago

I too got a refund... I paid off the balance of my "The Hobbit" and purchased "America's Most Haunted"!

#1356 8 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Well not really a true unboxing - just an "after unboxing" pic .. Just got it today. Distrib got in stainless, and decided to swap my original gold for it, as there was no clue when the gold would be received. So far so good - no adjustments needed (yet!) as it's playing perfect.

IMG_1601.jpg

Thanks again for your business. I hope it provides many years of fun. Fantastic lineup. Sorry I missed the delivery but I was tired from all the Woz delivering the last two weeks plus I scored a Scared Stiff today. I still have 2 open slots with expected delivery soon.
Buddy

#1357 8 years ago

Received a call last night from Chicago Gaming that my game, a gold one, is ready for pickup. Driving from Bloomington IN. today to pick it up, will post un-boxing pics soon...!!

Dave

#1358 8 years ago

I plan on picking up my MMr too...(once I get the call).

#1359 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I plan on picking up my MMr too...(once I get the call).

I'm doing the same thing. My box truck is ready to go.

#1360 8 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

My box truck is ready to go.

This thread requires an unbox truck.

#1361 8 years ago

My one solace at this point is that I have yet to read reports of bad MMR decals coming out of Stern.

#1362 8 years ago

you don't hear that because the decals are not put on at Stern.

rick

#1363 8 years ago

Got word the other day that my gold will be ready to ship in about 2-3wks. My check will be going out in the mail today. The wait is finally almost over!

#1364 8 years ago

I've been paid in full for 24hrs. Where's my shipping notification??

Can't wait to see some black trim unboxings!

#1365 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Was that a cheapshot?

#1366 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Was that a cheapshot?

no, just the reality of it.

#1367 8 years ago

Seems like a cheap shot. Probably not a great idea to even indirectly cheap shot one of the projects main partners...

#1368 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

What a Prick

#1369 8 years ago

I know we love updates, but it seems like Rick would do better to just not say anything. He always comes off as an unprofessional, insulting, prick.

#1370 8 years ago

He simply answered the question of why no bad MMr decals came from stern. Its because they didn't come from stern therefore impossible to have bad decals from stern.

#1371 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Classy as usual....

#1372 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

He simply answered the question of why no bad MMr decals came from stern. Its because they didn't come from stern therefore impossible to have bad decals from stern.

That's one way to look at it I guess. Not how I read that statement though.

#1373 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Was that a cheapshot?

Not at all, it just meant that CGC puts the decals on ...

#1374 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

This was how I read it too.

#1375 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Not at all, it just meant that CGC puts the decals on ...

All good then...

#1376 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This was how I read it too.

Rick, it's funny, you decide you don't want to communicate with people on their games for 3-4 months and then decide to act like Donald Trump with two posts in three hours? C'mon man.

#1377 8 years ago

Anyone want a Laseriffic MMRLE topper?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24084

#1378 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rick, it's funny, you decide you don't want to communicate with people on their games for 3-4 months and then decide to act like Donald Trump with two posts in three hours? C'mon man.

I thought I could post whenever I want to post ... sometimes I'm around the computer sometime's I'm not, perhaps you shouldn't monitor me, and then you wouldn't be so stressed about it ... lol

#1379 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I thought I could post whenever I want to post ... sometimes I'm around the computer sometime's I'm not, perhaps you shouldn't monitor me, and then you wouldn't be so stressed about it ... lol

Personally I think you're posting more because you managed to actually ship more than one game in a month.

#1380 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Personally I think you're posting more because you managed to actually ship more than one game in a month.

this is exactly why I don't post very much ... nothing but useful posts to sift thru ...

#1382 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

MMR should play well - otherwise it's a total failure as a remake of a game that plays well.
MMR plays quite well, but I don't get how/why people think MMR plays faster than MM - this is more a function of playfield condition (and possibly flipper coil strength) than anything else.
I played MMR and MM side by side at TPF and while MMR felt a little "snappier" I think it was newer and had significantly fewer plays on it made more of the difference. When I got home, my MM played better than either which says that a well-leveled, well-maintained game with a cleaned and waxed playfield usually wins.
MMR is close enough for anyone that wants a MM, but its value is based on newness and price than anything else. The build quality argument is a joke - at best, MMR is similar (though I would argue it loses points for the slingshot issue and gets a point or two for the cabinet).
It's also too early to weigh in on MMR reliability - certainly way too early to claim that it's "very reliable" - as there aren't that many in heavy use yet and it's very very early in the electronics life cycle. Whatever knocks you can through at the WPC-95 platform, it's hard to argue with its success, long term viability and serviceability. The biggest risk to MMR's reliability is whether or not CGC continues with the remakes with any significant volume to ensure the viability/continuance of the electronics and reducing the inherent risk of it becoming a "one-off" platform.
Another thing to consider here is whether or not CGC is a liability moving forward. PPS/MMR benefitted significantly early on when everyone though PPS/Rick was in charge and setting direction - which Rick used to his advantage until issues started cropping up. (It was good marketing - certainly the initial enthusiasm would have been dampened if MMR was announced upfront as a CGC project rather than a PPS one). If PPS doesn't really have a lot of control over the remake process going forward, that has to be a negative.
Dispite the issues I have with Rick and what I consider his arrogant approach, I still trust him to drive more than Doug - Rick "gets" pinball, Doug just doesn't. Charging for the colorization support is beyond tone-deaf. And clearly the CGC approach to project management has been an abysmal failure. I'm not sure Rick would have done any better, but he certainly couldn't have done any worse.
MMR will certainly go down in pinball history as a success - but not as the "out of the park" success it looked like in 2013.

Seriously. Everything you just said is 100% right.

I don't understand how they didn't just hire someone to do the communication work. Create a newsletter with everyones e-mail. Update your blog...just be honest...I mean damn. They have a great product...they COULD have everyone's trust.

I trust Rick to manage and create a great game - but they need a PR person - badly.

Edit: still waiting on mine...

#1383 8 years ago

Picked up my game today in Chicago. 8.5 hour round trip from Bloomington IN. pretty good given that north bound I-65 is closed. Was at Chicago Gaming for about 15 minutes then was on my way, nice people and very busy. Took a few pictures of empty MMR cabinets stacked up, could be your game soon!

Game is in perfect condition, plays great with no adjustments. Born on date was August 26th so it's just two days old. Long wait but worth it, kids are fighting over who plays next. They are in bed now so its my turn. Thanks Rick, Jim, CGC and everyone involved in creating the game.

in_the_truck.jpgin_the_truck.jpg

back_label.jpgback_label.jpg

lineup.jpglineup.jpg

cabinets.jpgcabinets.jpg

just_unboxed.jpgjust_unboxed.jpg

#1384 8 years ago

davej, you are pretty close to me...hmmm...(hint hint)

#1385 8 years ago
Quoted from davej:

Picked up my game today in Chicago. 8.5 hour round trip from Bloomington IN. pretty good given that north bound I-65 is closed. Was at Chicago Gaming for about 15 minutes then was on my way, nice people and very busy. Took a few pictures of empty MMR cabinets stacked up, could be your game soon!
Game is in perfect condition, plays great with no adjustments. Born on date was August 26th so it's just two days old. Long wait but worth it, kids are fighting over who plays next. They are in bed now so its my turn. Thanks Rick, Jim, CGC and everyone involved in creating the game.

in_the_truck.jpg back_label.jpg lineup.jpg cabinets.jpg just_unboxed.jpg

LOL, i like your license plate!

#1386 8 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Glad to hear it! I saw one of those games with the decals that wouldn't stay stuck. Nothing I'd want.

#1387 8 years ago

Unboxed Marvin's Mechanical Museums silver game earlier this week. Looks fantastic and the customers love it so far.

Right ramp switch needed adjusting and the right flipper also needed a slight adjustment. All in All was ready for paid play right out of the box.

If you are in for Farmington Hills Michigan area come give it a try. 20150829_171044.jpg20150829_171044.jpg

#1388 8 years ago

Anyone have pics of a delivered black trim?

#1389 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anyone have pics of a delivered black trim?

Nope. Last I heard the first ones might go on the line this week.

#1390 8 years ago

Got mine NIB MMR stainless trim no adjustments needed plays awesome!!image.jpgimage.jpg

#1391 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

davej, you are pretty close to me...hmmm...(hint hint)

dmdjunky you are just up the road from me.. Gotta love that Odon Locker.

#1392 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Last I heard the first ones might go on the line this week.

I hope that's true. I hope...

I am expecting to have at least three fairly large pinball events at our house this fall (80-100 people total), but I keep putting off scheduling them in the hope that MMr will appear.

#1393 8 years ago

How is the sling issue being addressed on these recent runs? Are they putting in a longer plunger or were the bracket holes on the PF repositioned?

#1394 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwhiz70:

Got mine NIB MMR stainless trim no adjustments needed plays awesome!!image.jpg

left flipper looks low

#1395 8 years ago

I know its been a long wait, and small annoyances like coin mechs and sling arms but... come on... look at that! We are getting new MM's in the world! Life is good. I hope I can get one next year or the year after, depending on circumstances.

#1396 8 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

How is the sling issue being addressed on these recent runs? Are the putting in a longer plunger or were the bracket holes on the PF repositioned?

Rick mentioned at some point that further installations of the slings would use a jig to insure proper placement (to avoid the problem). I don't remember if this was on the PPS forum or Here.

#1397 8 years ago

Got my Stainless Steel MMR today. Plays great!
DSCN5121.JPGDSCN5121.JPG

#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

dmdjunky you are just up the road from me.. Gotta love that Odon Locker.

Have you tried the Duck Blind restaurant? They get all of their meat from Odon Locker. Really good. Last time I was in Vincennes, I searched for local pinsiders to visit but I thought it might be awkward to ask.

Congrats on the MMR, sladans1ma.

#1399 8 years ago

Paid in full 7/30/2014 and making a deal on a 69 camaro to restore so time to pull the plug !
MMR will go to a 427 crate motor time to email twisted pins , enjoy your MMR,s
I'm out the excitement has dwindled

#1400 8 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Paid in full 7/30/2014 and making a deal on a 69 camaro to restore so time to pull the plug !
MMR will go to a 427 crate motor time to email twisted pins , enjoy your MMR,s
I'm out the excitement has dwindled

'69 Camaro is a bad ass car to restore. I had one in high school. Z-28?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.