IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 84.
#1151 8 years ago

That looks magic!!
Congrats, a touch envious

#1152 8 years ago

I just wanted to give a shout out to pinsider doughslingers for getting me my mmrle! If any of you guys are looking for one hit him up now! Awesome distributor.

#1153 8 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg image_3.jpg

Boy...I like the stainless. I think I'm going to polish it right off the bat. Looks great!!!

#1154 8 years ago

Just got a tracking number. Looks like the end of next week!

#1155 8 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

I just wanted to give a shout out to pinsider doughslingers for getting me my mmrle! If any of you guys are looking for one hit him up now! Awesome distributor.

Thanks again for your business.
Buddy

#1156 8 years ago

#1157 8 years ago

PPS just added line pics on their blog....
Nice.

~Steveo

#1158 8 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

PPS just added line pics on their blog....
Nice.
~Steveo

Thanks, those pics are great. I'm starting to get optimistic again that my gold MMR might ship soon

#1159 8 years ago

Got the call! Shipper is delivering my game tomorrow. Going to take the day off, smoke a pork shoulder and drink the dirtiest of martinis to celebrate.

#1160 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Got the call! Shipper is delivering my game tomorrow. Going to take the day off, smoke a pork shoulder and drink the dirtiest of martinis to celebrate.

That sounds like a great way to celebrate in my book

Congrats! What color trim are you getting?

#1161 8 years ago

Keeping hope alive...

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Keeping hope alive...

I hear ya! You're a black trim order too, right? The force tells me we should be soon, by end of this month for us first batchers.

#1163 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

by end of this month for us first batchers.

I sure hope you're right. It's been a l-o-n-g wait, especially for those of us who paid in full thirteen months ago.

#1164 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Congrats! What color trim are you getting?

Stainless steel. I like the original look.

#1165 8 years ago

How many of you got a pin-tease e-mail over a month ago from PPS? I got an e-mail saying get the funds ready it's coming soon! Shyeah, riiiiiiight.

#1166 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

How many of you got a pin-tease e-mail over a month ago from PPS? I got an e-mail saying get the funds ready it's coming soon!

I got the same email. I'm not in a hurry, but I'm glad to hear it's common and that my order didn't fall through the cracks or anything.

#1167 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Man, congrats! I was hoping to be the first in PNW but no indication yet when I might get one (except the false alarm in April that it would ship soon). What color did you get?

#1168 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

Well look what the cat just dragged in. SS MMR is in the house.

#1169 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1170 8 years ago

Awfully quiet here, the factory should be spitting out new MMR's like Gremlins multiply but only one unboxing recently.
Does anyone know what's going on, hard to believe all the pins going to nonpinsiders

#1171 8 years ago

Just a guess, but I would bet something else went wrong. Rick is usually super forthcoming with info when things are seemingly going well, but extremely quiet when they aren't. He posted pics of MMr on the line over a week ago, but not a peep since...

Full disclosure: I bailed like 3 delays ago.

#1172 8 years ago

At this rate they'll probably get through the LEs in another year and a half.

#1173 8 years ago

People have said the floodgates will be opening soon many times in the past, but it's never happened.

Wonder what the delay is? Lack of parts most likely?

#1174 8 years ago

Hopefully they are all getting put into a bigger box and sent to Australia

#1175 8 years ago

There will always be a significant amount of start-up companies using the pre-paid model. For small companies getting the amount of cash flow from lenders is difficult due to the return of investment (especially pinball). I would expect to see the pre-order continue because starting a business is very difficult when you do not have a lot of equity. Cash flow becomes important to these start-up companies until they build equity and demonstrate margin in their product.

#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

People have said the floodgates will be opening soon many times in the past, but it's never happened.
Wonder what the delay is? Lack of parts most likely?

They probably missed their window at Stern and now they have to wait while Stern cranks out Kiss, MET premium, IMVE, TWD, etc...

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They probably missed their window at Stern and now they have to wait while Stern cranks out Kiss, MET premium, IMVE, TWD, etc...

And WWE, and ST, and Mustang and WNBJM.

I don't know if Stern has ever been producing this many pins at one time before?

#1178 8 years ago

The games go from Stern to CGC in bulk, then individual shipping goes from there. Maybe there's some holdup at CGC.

#1179 8 years ago

Queue Rick chiming in mentioning how none of us understand project management, also lots of moving parts, and so on.

The main reason I bailed was Rick's attitude. That is 100% true.

#1180 8 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The main reason I bailed was Rick's attitude. That is 100% true.

+ 1

#1181 8 years ago

I have never had any dealings with him but thats a bummer you had to bail dude because they knocked it out of the park with this remake. I almost bailed out to and I'm really happy that I didn't. It is one smooth machine! I literally can't stop playing it. The way the rules were implemented and the great shots are just extremely addicting. Hope everyone sticks it out because its seriously worth it.

#1182 8 years ago

I will grab one when its in stock and ready to ship.

#1183 8 years ago

I'm hoping these start shipping again soon. I got an email about 6 months ago that mine would ship shortly but they didn't complete the first batch (I guess not all bad due to slingshot gate) and now no light at the end of the tunnel. Paid in full more than a year ago, so starting to get a bit impatient. Saying there's room for improvement in communication and customer service is an understatement imho. Luckily all the good feedback is there and helps with the wait

#1184 8 years ago
#1185 8 years ago

It'll be interesting to see how many will be no longer interested in the next title after seeing how MMR played out.

#1186 8 years ago

I'm still in for more remakes. Hopefully the next game goes smoother.

#1187 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It'll be interesting to see how many will be no longer interested in the next title after seeing how MMR played out.

The MMr product is just fine (I know about the slings and various other issues, but I've put plenty of time on the local routed MMr and it plays great). So I doubt many buyers that would otherwise be excited about a NIB MB/AFM will refuse to buy because they don't like Rick's attitude. A preorder would be much tougher to pull off given all of the delays, but then Rick has said no more preorders, and in any event the preorder model appears to be dying now regardless of MMr.

#1188 8 years ago

Just got the notice that my MMr is on a truck heading to Utah! Next week another SS will be singing sweet music!

#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I doubt many buyers that would otherwise be excited about a NIB MB/AFM will refuse to buy because they don't like Rick's attitude.

Although there are some that clearly won't buy because of Rick it's more:

- why wait years (instead of months) for a remake when you can find a nice original in weeks
- new games from Stern, JJP, Spooky, Heighway becoming more desirable at comparable price levels
- concern over CG hardware platform, longevity, support. (The MMR color support is long overdue)
- no evidence that PPS/CGC can manage production in a timely manner.
- demand levels by title (maybe except BBB) diminish over time, resulting in lower units per run (and likely higher cost). Both AFM and MB (next expected titles) would have sold hundreds more in 2013 than in 2016 or 2017. MMR was the holy grail of remakes and at one point it looked like selling 1500-2000 units would be easy. Now - not so much.

Rick's attitude is pretty well known by now. Anyone who doesn't factor it in as part of a purchase decision for a future remake has no right to complain about it.

#1190 8 years ago

Bump. Anyone else get word of their game being shipped?

#1191 8 years ago

My distributor contacted me just over a month ago to confirm my choice of trim color...

have heard only crickets since.

#1192 8 years ago

Źzzzzzzzz

#1193 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Although there are some that clearly won't buy because of Rick it's more:
- why wait years (instead of months) for a remake when you can find a nice original in weeks
- new games from Stern, JJP, Spooky, Heighway becoming more desirable at comparable price levels
- concern over CG hardware platform,
longevity, support. (The MMR color support is long overdue)
- no evidence that PPS/CGC can manage
production in a timely manner.

- demand levels by title (maybe except BBB) diminish over time, resulting in lower units per run (and likely higher cost). Both AFM and MB (next expected titles) would have sold hundreds more in 2013 than in 2016 or 2017. MMR was the holy grail of remakes and at one point it looked like selling 1500-2000 units would be easy. Now - not so much.
Rick's attitude is pretty well known by now. Anyone who doesn't factor it in as part of a purchase decision for a future remake has no right to complain about it.

I agree 100% ! For me jumping on board for a pre order is never gonna happen again. I have had opportunities to purchase every game I've waited for and still waiting ! Honestly if I Could get a refund on my MMR I would just go buy an original and be done ! Don't wanna be that guy but the excitement is diminishing

#1194 8 years ago

Someone not happy with what they got, pm me as I might be interested in taking it off your hands. Im not picky and dont need a perfect game.

#1195 8 years ago

I'm not getting a MMR anymore so if someone is looking for a complete Mantis/cliffy protector set hit me up.

#1197 8 years ago

Protectors are spoken for

#1198 8 years ago

I also bailed. Forgot I bought the PinGraffic's apron and blades way back when things were "imminent".

So if anyone wants a good deal on these PM me:
http://www.pingraffix.com/#!medievel-madness/c24c7

*** edit - the goods are spoken for ***

#1199 8 years ago

This is turning into a "bailed from MMr" thread.

#1200 8 years ago

My patience is wearing thin as well. I have a date in my head that I better have the game by otherwise I'll be getting my money back too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 210.00
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.