Topic Stats

• 4,196 posts
  • 499 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 77 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,210 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
fullsizeoutput_25c6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7579 (resized).JPG
IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG

There are 4194 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 84.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the real question (in my opinion) is how will the new boards hold up, and for that it's too soon to tell.

that's kind of what i'm thinking as well. i think it's the only question, really.

and just for the record, i'm not saying the boards will fail or are cheap or anything else...but the reality is that it's a new system for MM and we'll just have to wait and see on longevity.

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Please let us know what to do if there is damage. What will they pay???? For 8k it should be near perfect! I see a lot of damage claim's here. Why do they not improve boxing???????? Or hire a different shipper????
Concerned Rob

Inspect the box when it is delivered and if so refuse to take it if it is damaged. If it is minor damage have the driver call his supervisor and report it and tell them you need to unbox it to inspect otherwise you will refuse it, again if minor unbox it to see if any damage was done to the pin. I think the boxing was pretty good but these items are not easily transported because of the size and weight, luckily my box was just a little dusty and had no marks of any kind on it so I accepted it w/o unboxing but you are allowed to unbox it to see, don't let in to them saying you can't, you paid good money for both shipping and pin so be brave but more than likely you will get an undamaged box and pin.

#853 4 years ago

I threw mine into the 1up on Colfax.
After 2 days of operation:

1. switch unscrewed and fell into the cab.
2. wire got clipped
3. blew 2 fuses

luckily everything was a quick fix. Just annoying after 2 days

unnamed.jpg unnamed (3).jpg
#854 4 years ago

Why did the fuses blow?

#855 4 years ago

The power to the coil was grounded. Thats probably the reason.

#856 4 years ago

I was wondering if the wire was pinched enough to short against something. You're lucky you didn't take out a driver board. Speaking of which do these new boards have short circuit protection on the coil drive lines? Usually if something like this happens it means instant death for a transistor.

#857 4 years ago

Couple of observations after setting up the game:

1. The sound was a little scratchy, maybe even muffled. I called another friend who has one and told me his was the same.

2. Has a color display, but why is it only green after the initial hi res (full color) Medieval Madness logo?

#858 4 years ago

Full color has not been finished or released yet.
You can set the monochrome color for now.

#859 4 years ago

cool.

really needs it.

#860 4 years ago

As for the scratchy sound look up the thread I started here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-sound-issue

#861 4 years ago

My WOZ did the same thing. The ball trough kicker coil wire was in the way when the coil fired and did identical damage. A well placed harness pull tie would have prevented the damage. The fix was easy but finding the problem was maddening until my intermittent problem became an all the time one.

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Thanks for this! Enjoyed a few games on it this afternoon. Was hard to get over the feeling of playing a brand new MM -- can't wait to get back in an put some more games on it!

#863 4 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

After 2 days of operation:
1. switch unscrewed and fell into the cab.
2. wire got clipped
3. blew 2 fuses
luckily everything was a quick fix. Just annoying after 2 days

unnamed.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
unnamed (3).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is one stout lineup of machines in that pic. Looks like i could spend hours there!

#864 4 years ago

Number 210 has come to the village! Looks and plays amazing. Only issue was that multi ball wouldn't start. Opened the coin door and noticed the ball trough. With 3 balls there wasn't enough weight to push the first ball all the way in the trough. Just had to move the coil down a hair that kicks the balls out (can't think of the name right now). The balls would just get caught on the tip of that coil. 30 second fix. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#865 4 years ago

Can't wait to get me black trim MMr.

Should be soon...

#866 4 years ago

#218 accounted for.

MMR1.jpgMMR2.jpgMMR3.jpgMMR5.jpgMMR6.jpgMMR7.jpg

#867 4 years ago

MMRLE number 109 came two weeks ago. It's now playing great, but I had to address a few issues first:

- Both flippers needed adjustment, with the left flipper set a lot lower than the right; so much so that when I caught the ball, it rolled down the middle.

- Multiple decal bubbling on the left side of the cabinet.

- Extremely tight rails, making glass removal/replacement very difficult.

- There was also shipping damage, which I did not initially see, which damaged the wood and decal on the right side of the back box.

I contacted CGC customer service, who were all very nice and they said they will help me take care of these issues.

MMRLE 01.jpg MMRLE 02.jpg
#868 4 years ago

How exactly are they going to help you, out of curiosity? Not sure how they plan on addressing these cabinet damage issues.

I've heard many reports about the tight glass. What's the deal with that? Is it a design flaw, or a problem during assembly? Wouldn't that be something obvious before going into full production? Nobody wants to wrestle with glass removal. Whenever you have to try and force something there's always a greater risk of causing damage or breaking the glass if you are not careful.

It would be nice to hear something from someone at CGC about addressing many of these concerns once they start production back up in the new Stern facility. Are they just going to pick up where they left off with no changes, or are they going to take the time to address them? Not just the assembly, but the packaging and shipping too. They need to have a serious chat with the shipping being used about too many damage claims.

#869 4 years ago

I'm concerned about the lack of decent packaging, and the damage issues. What are the chances of my MM making it to the UK in mint condition?

I've just taken delivery of a new Stern, and it came packed with this smart film. I really hope they will use this stuff on the MMR's to be exported, will go a long way to protect against fork lift truck damage.

stern packaging.jpg

#870 4 years ago

Yes glass is very tight but it makes the whole machine tighter so I guess its a good thing because when that shaker motor goes off, you don't want a machine that feels loose and like its going to fall apart. The only problem is that it may be real difficult to put PDI glass in it. I would wait to see if anyone has successfully put one if before ordering.

#871 4 years ago

i thought the MMR was so supposed to be the same as MM.
with "tight" glass, it sounds like the cabinet dimensions are wrong

#872 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i thought the MMR was so supposed to be the same as MM.
with "tight" glass, it sounds like the cabinet dimensions are wrong

Seems like the channel is tighter not the cabinet width. I have no problem getting the glass off and I prefer it that way than being to loose where the glass sort of falls out after removing lock down bar.

#873 4 years ago

Yep nothing like taking the lockdown bar off, putting it aside, and hearing this big crash in the background.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Seems like the channel is tighter not the cabinet width. I have no problem getting the glass off and I prefer it that way than being to loose where the glass sort of falls out after removing lock down bar.

are the positions/locations of the channel parts closer together than on MM?
...or are the channel parts a different design, with less space for the glass?

thx

#875 4 years ago

I wonder if it's all or just some. I've had 4 NIB Sterns and 3 of the channels were so lose that the glass would fall out once the lock bar was removed. On my most recent one (ST) it's super snug. The other 3 I put electrical tape on them to snug them up a bit and reduce the glass noise when the shaker goes off. On ST it doesn't need anything to prevent noise or sliding.

Makes me wonder if they changed the design (size) of the channel or if the mfg tolerances are large enough to effect the fit of the glass.

I'm addicted to this thread and the pics even though I didn't buy a MMR. I just can't help but to wonder if one of these will be in my house in the future some day. I really want a MM but my days of $8K machines is behind me for the unforeseeable future as we're adding another mouth to feed in the family

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

are the positions/locations of the channel parts closer together than on MM?
...or are the channel parts a different design, with less space for the glass?
thx

The glass is smooth and tight. It's actually pretty awesome. It's not hard to get out, it just feels different than the "lock bar off, glass slides off on its own" feeling you're used to.

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I wonder if it's all or just some. I've had 4 NIB Sterns and 3 of the channels were so lose that the glass would fall out once the lock bar was removed. On my most recent one (ST) it's super snug. The other 3 I put electrical tape on them to snug them up a bit and reduce the glass noise when the shaker goes off. On ST it doesn't need anything to prevent noise or sliding.
Makes me wonder if they changed the design (size) of the channel or if the mfg tolerances are large enough to effect the fit of the glass.
I'm addicted to this thread and the pics even though I didn't buy a MMR. I just can't help but to wonder if one of these will be in my house in the future some day. I really want a MM but my days of $8K machines is behind me for the unforeseeable future as we're adding another mouth to feed in the family

u can come over & enjoy mine any time, when it arrives
ordered "black" trim, so. . . could be a little while.

#878 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

u can come over & enjoy mine any time, when it arrives
ordered "black" trim, so. . . could be a little while.

Appreciate it! Between MMR and Tron LE it may be hard to get me to leave though

#879 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The glass is smooth and tight. It's actually pretty awesome. It's not hard to get out, it just feels different than the "lock bar off, glass slides off on its own" feeling you're used to.

ahhh cool. thanks.
my TAF glass drives me nuts when i take the bar off. it comes flying out every chance it gets. ...and with the coindoor still hanging open, yikes !

hopefully "too" tight doesn't increase the odds of an unlucky klutz like me putting in invisiglass and shattering it trying to wedge it in

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Appreciate it! Between MMR and TRON LE it may be hard to get me to leave though

whew... was worried you'd hog the South Park the whole time

#881 4 years ago

Then it may be a matter of perspective then. I have only owned a LOTR and (currently)ST and both of them the glass certainly never slides out on its own with the lock bar off. It is held in snuggly but removing the glass is smooth and easy as far as I'm concerned.

So maybe it is different with other machines and some are super loose by comparison? Can anyone compare it to a ST for example, so I can get a better idea of what "tight" means. I also have PDI glass on my ST and it didn't change the tightness, and I was seriously thinking of putting in PDI on my MMR when I get it cause once you see the difference, it's hard to stick with regular glass.

#882 4 years ago

My new met pro has a tight fit glass and I like it. My old wms games, the glass would rocket right out if you weren't careful. Hard to be on location putting the lock down bar aside and the glass sliding out.

The glass comes out, goes in fine, but it doesn't slide on its own.

#883 4 years ago

First time I've seen this many guys complain about a "tight fit"...

#884 4 years ago

#glassgate !!

#885 4 years ago

I'd take tight glass and black trim any day now

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'd take tight glass and black trim any day now

Preach on bro

#887 4 years ago

Ok, the tight glass issue. It has to do with the cabinet. I swapped glass with TAF and same results. As superpinball said though it is likely good it is tight because of the shaker.

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My Stern Star Trek was like that too. Glass didn't move until you budged it. I have games where the glass wants to leap out. I just figure it's one of those little variations, never gave it a second thought.

#889 4 years ago

My MMR arrives tomorrow! Direct order from PPS - Gold.

Shipping from Chicago to Minneapolis area via R&L seemed quite reasonable in my opinion ($216).

I have had only good experiences with R&L in the past, so I hope that trend continues.

On a sentimental note, I only first played MM in about 2010, but it was with my kids at Pinball on a Stick at the Minnesota State Fair, and we had a fantastic time! I originally got into this hobby fueled by nostalgia for the EM's I played with my brothers in the 70's. I can say that the good memories/good times vibe continues with the modern games, which now dominate my collection. My daughter just got home from college and will get the first game on MMR . . . Then, my high school son (photo from POAS 2014) will step up next and immediately overwrite her high score (he's pretty good), but that's ok.

10653470_10202387423712999_256488691917336680_n.jpg
#890 4 years ago

Got my MMr LE #0221 yesterday and it's awesome! Not a scratch and beautiful.

All targets, switches and modes seem to work perfectly. I've played the original quite a lot in the days and the feel is perfect.

The glass is a non-issue for me. It might be a bit tight but I'm a novice in pinball (this is my first) and it's easy to work with in my opinion. The experienced tech who helped me thought it was nothing surprising.

The only issue so far I found after a few games is I felt the left flipper was a bit loose. A bracket for the left flipper assembly had some screws missing! Pretty easy fix as I never looked at the mechanics of a pinball and easily found the issue. Just need to get some spare screws now in case I find others are missing.

#891 4 years ago

Stern needs to stop doing all this Kiss crap and get the MMR blacks out!

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from AxleMunshine:

The only issue so far I found after a few games is I felt the left flipper was a bit loose. A bracket for the left flipper assembly had some screws missing! Pretty easy fix as I never looked at the mechanics of a pinball and easily found the issue. Just need to get some spare screws now in case I find others are missing.

It's not uncommon for some screws to come lose during shipping. Not quite as common on flipper brackets though. Do some checking real good as the screws should be in the cab. 100% make sure that they didn't come lose and get caught in the wire harness somewhere when you lifted the PF as a lose screw in a wire harness can cause a lot of issue is if works it's way down to some connectors and shorts them out. You should be good but being a first time owner I felt it necessary to at least point you to checking out the game for those screws before just replacing them.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's not uncommon for some screws to come lose during shipping. Not quite as common on flipper brackets though. Do some checking real good as the screws should be in the cab. 100% make sure that they didn't come lose and get caught in the wire harness somewhere when you lifted the PF as a lose screw in a wire harness can cause a lot of issue is if works it's way down to some connectors and shorts them out. You should be good but being a first time owner I felt it necessary to at least point you to checking out the game for those screws before just replacing them.

Will do. Thanks.

#894 4 years ago

Little bit surprising to see people receiving MMR's this week since they haven't assembled any in weeks due to Stern factory move. I wonder what the manufacturing date of these pins is and why it takes so long to ship, any idea anyone?

#895 4 years ago

My understanding is that Stern builds the game then ships them to Chicago Gaming whom does QC and packing of the game for final shipment. It's entirely possible that the restriction in shipments is with Chicago Gaming finishing up their part and getting things shipped. I'm sure Stern can pump out a lot more games than CG can handle at one time.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

My understanding is that Stern builds the game then ships them to Chicago Gaming whom does QC and packing of the game for final shipment. It's entirely possible that the restriction in shipments is with Chicago Gaming finishing up their part and getting things shipped. I'm sure Stern can pump out a lot more games than CG can handle at one time.

They're QC'd and boxed up before they leave stern. Packing them twice would be ridiculous.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

They're QC'd and boxed up before they leave stern. Packing them twice would be ridiculous.

it would be, but PPS has said this is the way it is being done. Total head scratcher.

#898 4 years ago

I believe it was "shipped to CG for final inspection". The way I read that was, it was going to them unboxed they were looking it over and then boxing it up for shipment.

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

it would be, but PPS has said this is the way it is being done. Total head scratcher.

No, they haven't. CGC does final inspection, but they're not shipped to the CGC facility for that. Boxing them, shipping them, unboxing to inspect, reboxing -- would be moronic. That isn't happening.

They're sent from stern to CGC in batches, boxed. Then from CGC they're shipped out to distros or drop shipped to buyers.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Little bit surprising to see people receiving MMR's this week since they haven't assembled any in weeks due to Stern factory move. I wonder what the manufacturing date of these pins is and why it takes so long to ship, any idea anyone?

Mine was just delivered 30 minutes ago. Number 235. The box had "5/15" on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 4194 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 84.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside