IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 84.
#751 8 years ago

So are we the only ones that had lower angled flippers out of the box? On two machines, that's a crazy coincidence.

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

My opinion to date after 50 plays or so is that it plays better than the original MM I had. The main reason for the gameplay betterment for me is that my original MM always drained from the left lane VUK action. I tried many adjustments but it never made a difference in the STDM from the left lane. With my MMr, I have not experienced that STDM from the left lane VUK.

Thats an easy adjustment on the original or the remake!

#753 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

So are we the only ones that had lower angled flippers out of the box? On two machines, that's a crazy coincidence.

Both my flippers were bound up when I unboxed. Had to adjust both of them along with a switch on of the upper lanes and the right gate did not work, it was stuck open. All easy fixes and overall very happy.

#754 8 years ago

Had to adjust both mine higher. Mine were aligned higher than the marker pin holes on the field, but lower than parallel with the inlanes. They were at least aligned with each other - I just couldn't make a shot to save my life the way they were.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Mine was made on 4/11 and delivered on 4/21.

11165056_915199288530492_8270974783982791540_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks great in your lineup!

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Plays great! Last nite I had two royal madnesses and was one castle away from King of Payne! 100 mil or so. That's good for me - I've never had a really killer game on MM before ...until now! Wheee!

Any updates on the sound issue?

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Any updates on the sound issue?

The sound's actually pretty good. Voices are super clear. My conclusion is that it sounds a bit flat due to the backbox speakers chosen. I hooked it up to an external subwoofer and there's way more depth now. Eventually I'm gonna put better speakers in the backbox and then it'll be super solid.

Some of the voice levels are too low IMO and get drowned out by the music and sound FX...not sure if the original was that way, too....but if there's a discrepancy, it's probably from using the uncompressed files.

On the PPS forum, Rick said he's requested CGC to either tweak the voice levels or include an option for the user to adjust music/voice independently.

BTW - I forget if I posted about this...but I did notice some stereo separation - but only during attract mode. Depending on which flipper button you press, the voice clip will come from the left or right speaker. B/W speakers are wired together and go to one output. On MMr, each speaker has its own output.

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Some of the voice levels are too low IMO and get drowned out by the music and sound FX...not sure if the original was that way, too....but if there's a discrepancy, it's probably from using the uncompressed files.

I'm 99% sure that the original was that way as well. I remember noticing this the very first time I played it in a distributor back when the original was released.

#759 8 years ago

New Apron Installed tonight.11209753_920053964711691_7036861034724533382_n.jpg11209753_920053964711691_7036861034724533382_n.jpg

#760 8 years ago

Congrats !!

#761 8 years ago

How did you add the external sub?

#762 8 years ago

Both of mine were angled sown as well, and not by the same amount each. Basically just horribly mis-aligned.

#763 8 years ago

Alright, thanks. Didn't hear before, but both here are slightly above level when flipped, making it almost impossible to trap.

Also, unfortunately, it looks like the castle/damsel hole is broke open on one and it's been shut down.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Both my flippers were bound up when I unboxed.

One of mine was not moving as freely as I hoped, so I took it apart and replace the liner...but it was essentially the same.

So I rotated it by hand for a while and it freed up enough to put it back together and play it...both have similar motion in retracting now.

I will note that the flippers aren't nearly as strong on my MMr as my Stern Star Trek. I haven't tried to adjust the power yet though.

Has anyone bumped up their flipper power yet?

Robert

#765 8 years ago

The L flipper was slightly droopy but only required two minutes to adjust. Hitting everything smoothly with default setting and pitch @ 7.5 degrees.

#766 8 years ago

Just got MMR 145 today. So far the only issue I have had is the ball got hung up on the right troll, but I haven't leveled it at all yet, wanted to get some games in on it.

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Just got MMR 145 today.

Another gold trim? I keep hoping to see a sign that black trim MMRs are finally getting shipped. Kind of depressing to hear of people buying them NIB at Allentown with no wait when some of us paid in full ten months ago and still have no idea when ours will arrive.

I have a large group coming over here in two weeks and had hoped that MMR would be the centerpiece of the party. Doesn't sound there's any chance of that now. Sigh...

EDIT: As I now understand it, the distributor who had one NIB at Allentown was fulfilling a preorder. I know of other cases of people buying one without having waited, but this is not one of them. Just wanted to make that clear.

#768 8 years ago

MMR #230 Gold is here!

Quick shipping. If I'm reading the invoice correctly, it left Chicago Friday May 1 at 3 pm and got to me in Iowa on Monday May 4 at 3 pm.

Flippers were adjusted low.
Credit dot already, the right troll up switch is broken.
Volume was too high so had to enable the minimum volume setting. Now on Volume level 5.
Game came with one ball in it. Put the 4 balls in and had too many. Maybe they do play test them.
Ball got stuck on castle on the first game! lol...
DMD set to gold. I really hope they colorize it...

Also, can anyone confirm that the lane change works with both flippers? On mine the left flipper won't change lanes. Haven't looked under playfield for that yet.

Overall, Love the game. Played 50 games already and it plays fast! Better than the original.

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Another gold trim? I keep hoping to see a sign that black trim MMRs are finally getting shipped. Kind of depressing to hear of people buying them NIB at Allentown with no wait when some of us paid in full ten months ago and still have no idea when ours will arrive.
I have a large group coming over here in two weeks and had hoped that MMR would be the centerpiece of the party. Doesn't sound there's any chance of that now. Sigh...

Yea, a gold trim.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy:

MMR #230 Gold is here!
Flippers were adjusted low.
Credit dot already, the right troll up switch is broken.
Volume was too high so had to enable the minimum volume setting. Now on Volume level 5.
Game came with one ball in it. Put the 4 balls in and had too many. Maybe they do play test them.
Ball got stuck on castle on the first game! lol...
DMD set to gold. I really hope they colorize it...
Also, can anyone confirm that the lane change works with both flippers? On mine the left flipper won't change lanes. Haven't looked under playfield for that yet.
Overall, Love the game. Played 50 games already and it plays fast! Better than the original.

For the flipper thing...make sure both switches make when you press the button in switch test mode.

#771 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Kind of depressing to hear of people buying them NIB at Allentown with no wait when some of us paid in full ten months ago and still have no idea when ours will arrive.

What else did you expect with a preorder? I like to call them "postorders" considering the fact that people who put down their money early to fund the project often get theirs behind regular buyers.

#772 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

What else did you expect with a preorder? I like to call them "postorders" considering the fact that people who put down their money early to fund the project often get theirs behind regular buyers.

Yeah, but who wants baby crap yellow trim?

#773 8 years ago

MMR #231 arrived today also. Must have been in the same batch as yours smalltownguy.
Pinball Pro (ovdfireman) was my distibutor. Great guy to deal with. Hoping to get up and running tomorrow night.

20150504_204953.jpg20150504_204953.jpg
#774 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yeah, but who wants baby crap yellow trim?

Fix your eyes, thank you.

MMr_GOLD.jpegMMr_GOLD.jpeg
#775 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Fix your eyes, thank you.

MMr_GOLD.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)

LOL! It looks ok, but my newborn DID just crap a close shade to that color. I like the SS look best.

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL! It looks ok, but my newborn DID just crap a close shade to that color. I like the SS look best.

Watch it! MMr owners defend/protect their game just as if it was a new born.

#777 8 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Watch it! MMr owners defend/protect their game just as if it was a new born.

Please stop with that. It has to be the dumbest thing I ever read about XXX product. Newsflash. People defend /protect any game, color, car etc etc they choose especially if someone bashes it. Newsflash!! That is how people are.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Please stop with that. It has to be the dumbest thing I ever read about XXX product. Newsflash. People defend /protect any game, color, car etc etc they choose especially if someone bashes it. Newsflash!! That is how people are.

This is my point. Why do people get so bent out of shape about an opinion on a pinball?

#779 8 years ago

y'all can make fun of my MMRLE with Black Trim if it ever gets delivered

eor-1.jpgeor-1.jpg

#780 8 years ago

Any of you folks find the "start" and "shoot" buttons on the front cabinet do not light?

#781 8 years ago

Just got word that my order is on the next run they receive at Automated. Whoo Hoo!!

#782 8 years ago

How long should it take to receive my game if I'm in Southern California? Just got notification mine is being released today. Thanks Martin

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How long should it take to receive my game if I'm in Southern California? Just got notification mine is being released today. Thanks Martin

Might land Friday...if not, Monday for sure.

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

How long should it take to receive my game if I'm in Southern California? Just got notification mine is being released today.

It should be shipped w/these guys. Call them. https://careers.rlcarriers.com/
It's faster if you call the actual terminal the day prior in the AM and let them know your coming for it the next day AM/PM, so it won't be lost in a truck and not ready when you get there.
Pick up at terminal is always faster and I consider safer b/c that's one less trip for delivery. I try for "Eyes On" as soon as it's w/in my perimeter so there's less variables.

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Any of you folks find the "start" and "shoot" buttons on the front cabinet do not light?

Start button will only light if there are credits available, or if the game is set to Free Play. Shoot button will only light if there is a ball to be launched, and during other select modes where you have a "freebie" saved up that can be used to score a hit. If they aren't lighting up during those times there is something wrong with your game.

#786 8 years ago

Since I've never bought or owned a NIB before, do any of them typically have anywhere near the amount of issues the MMR seems to be having on this first production run?

Some of the stuff that seems to be slipping past whatever QC they have(if any) seems rather unconscionable, especially for the amount of money being spent on a very niche item. Yes, it's a complex machine, but I just find it hard to believe that one should just "expect" a certain amount of slop upon receiving their machine.

I don't think you can blame it all on poor shipping practices, although I'm sure that may be the cause of some of the problems. But things like missing screws, things left unconnected or miswired, balls left in the trough, misaligned flippers, and on and on.

I still have my gold trim on order and it is likely now it will be made in the new facility. I can only hope that they apply a higher standard of assembly and QC, as well as perhaps take another look at their packaging to ensure unmolested delivery(at least on par with all other pinballs today).

Am I completely off base here? Overreacting? I just don't want to see them drop the ball in the last mile when they've worked so hard to make the MMR a reality, especially over what seems to be such trivial matters.

#787 8 years ago

Hard to say. I'v bought several NIB pins and everyone of them has had one issue or another. My TF had a bad board in it when I got it. My ST had black plastic dot between the DMD and front cover making it look like there was a dead pixel. Switches needed to be adjusted and so on. The worst was my WOZ that I got NIB. Had one of the sling shot switches wired backwards so it would never register. That was the first time I have ever had to get the soldering iron out on a NIB pin before. So far my MMR plays fine, the only issue I have occasionally is the ball will get hung up behind the right troll, going to have to try and figure that one out as soon as I take a break from playing it.

#788 8 years ago

Some of the issues reported are really pretty bad and are something that Stern should be catching.

#789 8 years ago

I don't get the flipper misalignment issue, Stern should have flipper alignment mastered! I have never received a NIB Stern with misaligned flippers... What's the dealeo?

#790 8 years ago

Seems like bunch of MMR got delivered/shipped over the past few days. Hopefully mine's in the next batch, it's been about 4 weeks since I got the word that mine should ship in 4-5 weeks.

I agree that misaligned flippers are just a silly thing to miss, and it's been known for quite some time already. QC should get better by now...

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Some of the issues reported are really pretty bad and are something that Stern should be catching.

I though QC was done by Chicago Gaming? Why aren't they catching it either?

#792 8 years ago

MMr was my 4th nib game. Every one, without exception, needed some minor adjustments, flippers, switches, pops, whatever. It's pinball.

#793 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I though QC was done by Chicago Gaming? Why aren't they catching it either?

surely Stern should know to put all the screws into the game. Stern has to do some of their own QC before it leaves the factory or that is an already broken system.

#794 8 years ago

Concrete my TWD LE arrived with totally wonky flippers.
Stern needs to step up QC

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Seems like bunch of MMR got delivered/shipped over the past few days. Hopefully mine's in the next batch, it's been about 4 weeks since I got the word that mine should ship in 4-5 weeks.

Hoping mine ships soon. Was told it was in the first batch and shipping in 2 weeks 6 weeks ago then crickets. Can't even get a response... email, phone, carrier pigeon, smoke signals...nothing.

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

surely Stern should know to put all the screws into the game. Stern has to do some of their own QC before it leaves the factory or that is an already broken system.

Agreed, but the fact remains that Chicago Gaming isn't catching it either.

#797 8 years ago

i wanted mine really badly a while back. now, i think i'm content to be one of the last ones to get it. i'm sorry, but i don't want to be fixing anything right out of the box...for $8K, i shouldn't have to.

get all the issues sorted out, then ship me mine. thanks.

#798 8 years ago

If a misaligned flipper is the only thing to worry about, I'm not concerned. It's a pinball machine fellas.

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed, but the fact remains that Chicago Gaming isn't catching it either.

But they shouldn't have to disassemble a game to make sure it is fully assembled.

I'm speaking specifically of a game that shipped with no screws though the playfield holding the ball trough in place.

#800 8 years ago

I'm still pretty new to pinball, at least as a home owner. I'm still figuring stuff out on the maintenance/upkeep side of things, and I'm still not entirely comfortable being able to diagnose and fix every problem that might need fixing. So taking delivery of a machine that may potentially have game breaking problems right out of the box that I may or may not have the know-how to fix on my own, does not sound appealing at all. Not for $8k.

The thing is, for the amount of money that I've decided I'm willing to spend to own one of these, I would much rather wait whatever amount of time needed to make sure that it is built right at the factory, inspected, tested, and given the seal of approval before packing up and shipping. That's the LEAST I would expect for any high price item like this. This is not some toy coming off some sweat-shop assembly line(at least I hope those are/were not the conditions setup).

I sense what might be going on is a rush to get units out because of the long delay in getting the project to this point and every day that goes by is money out of their pocket. If that's the case it's a shame because I would want the attention to detail they put into recreating every part of the game, continue down to the assembly of every single machine that ships. Have some pride at least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bettendorf, IA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.