IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 84.
#701 8 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Unfortunately I don't have an LED DMD handy to use for testing. And I don't feel like hooking up a HV PS to try and run a plasma DMD. I'll have to leave this one up to someone else, hopefully someone will check it out.

Has anyone tried hooking up a DMD from a game sitting next to MMR? I'm not sure if there would be enough cable length to run the power cable from the other game and the ribbon cable from MMR. You would probably have to sit the DMD on a stool or something between the two if you can get it hooked up.

#702 8 years ago

Oh nice! That's the first time I've seen someone post gold on the DMD. It looks awesome! I am for sure going to use that color on mine whenever I get it, at least until full color is released.

#703 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

The gold font on the DMD really adds to the gold trim.

So, I guess I'll be using the black font when my black-trim MMR finally comes.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Has anyone tried hooking up a DMD from a game sitting next to MMR? I'm not sure if there would be enough cable length to run the power cable from the other game and the ribbon cable from MMR. You would probably have to sit the DMD on a stool or something between the two if you can get it hooked up.

I can't imagine it's possible. Im no techno-so-and-so, but MMr is outputting the info as though it's a computer monitor image. When you turn it on, there's a high rez MM logo for the bootup screen...and the MMr CGC menus aren't "dots" style art.

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Its great that you can change color, but even better you can add/subtract coil power at the touch of a button on the coin door

How do you do this? I went all through the menu and couldn't find either. Any tips would be appreciated.

Mike in Kentucky

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

How do you do this? I went all through the menu and couldn't find either. Any tips would be appreciated.
Mike in Kentucky

Hold the "exit" button inside the coin door for a few seconds - the MMr specific menu will pop up.

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hold the "exit" button inside the coin door for a few seconds - the MMr specific menu will pop up.

Hey, thanks ole bud!
Mike

#708 8 years ago

Who do you contact to find out when your game is shipping?

#709 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Who do you contact to find out when your game is shipping?

The distributor you bought it from.

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The distributor you bought it from.

I guess I need to call them, not answering my emails.

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I guess I need to call them, not answering my emails.

yikes...
who is it ?

#713 8 years ago

Still waiting to hear from Starburst Canada. They have not received any updates.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

Still waiting to hear from Starburst Canada. They have not received any updates.

I hear SB in Toronto was expecting some games to ship to them this week. Don't know how many or if there's one for me there yet.

#715 8 years ago

I still have heard nothing from JJP.... Let's go Jack!

#716 8 years ago

Had a question. 2 of these came on route around my area, and both flippers seemed to be pointed down a bit.

Big question though is that on one of them, the damsel ramp is having issues. We were playing it and shot into the damsel window caused the screen to black out. The display came back and said that damsel madness was lit, but the inserts were still lit up for the ramp. I hit the ramp again and the screen went dark again, almost like the game couldn't find the damsel animation.
Finally, hit the shot again and the game bricked. It froze on the dark screen, which actually said that there was a hardware error.

Any of you guys see this or know if the problem is software or hardware?

#717 8 years ago

I opened mine on Friday during an "opening" party. Not one single problem (except some shipping damage). I hosted WNY Pinball league finals on Saturday night. Again, not a single issue with the game. Just over 100 plays. Not one adjustment or fix needed!
I do have a few observations:
The gold powder coat is not that attractive. I do like it better than the other 2 choices, but I'll probably chrome the armor on this game.
Shipping packaging was a joke. It may have been better to not even put the game in a box.

I got this from JJP. Jen is working on a shipping damage claim for me - great customer service.

Overall, the game looks and plays great. Very satisfied.
Good overall job -PPS, Chicago Gaming and Stern!

#718 8 years ago

They better work on their packaging...too many issues at this point.

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They better work on their packaging...too many issues at this point.

I agree.

It sounds like all they are doing is putting the machine in a box, the shipping.

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Had a question. 2 of these came on route around my area, and both flippers seemed to be pointed down a bit.
Big question though is that on one of them, the damsel ramp is having issues. We were playing it and shot into the damsel window caused the screen to black out. The display came back and said that damsel madness was lit, but the inserts were still lit up for the ramp. I hit the ramp again and the screen went dark again, almost like the game couldn't find the damsel animation.
Finally, hit the shot again and the game bricked. It froze on the dark screen, which actually said that there was a hardware error.
Any of you guys see this or know if the problem is software or hardware?

Did you give the Vendor a helping hand and turn the machine off and on again ?

#721 8 years ago

Yeah, actually the owner of that pin is the bar owner. Showed him the error, turned off and on. About an hour later, I saw it flash on the screen but it didn't brick again while I was there. He said that now a part of the window is broken I believe.

#722 8 years ago
Quoted from playboywillis:

Yeah, actually the owner of that pin is the bar owner. Showed him the error, turned off and on. About an hour later, I saw it flash on the screen but it didn't brick again while I was there. He said that now a part of the window is broken I believe.
</blockquote
Bummer if it flashed an error again,sounds like a real issue .
Broken window too ?

#723 8 years ago

That's what it sounds like. Flashes hardware error but seems like a software error. Possibly just a loose connection.

#724 8 years ago

Opened mine this weekend, great service from Nitro amusements in ensuring it all got here on time. So far this look great except for one flakey opto.

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Hex:

Opened mine this weekend, great service from Nitro amusements in ensuring it all got here on time. So far this look great except for one flakey opto.

which opto?

#726 8 years ago

One difference I noticed when I turned off the pins last night. When I went down the line turning them off one by one, the MMr on/off switch was opposite as the other Sterns. No biggie, just an observation. Maybe they installed it opposite, maybe not. No matter. Just an FYI.

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

ne difference I noticed when I turned off the pins last night. When I went down the line turning them off one by one, the MMr on/off switch was opposite as the other Sterns. No biggie, just an observation. Maybe they installed it opposite, maybe not. No matter. Just an FYI.

Mine is also backwards from Sterns.

#728 8 years ago

MMR power rebels !

#729 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

the MMr on/off switch was opposite as the other Sterns.

Ha! I noticed this too. I first thought it was already turned on when I plugged it in. "Backwards" to me, but . . . hey . . . it turns on and off . . . that's all I need.

#730 8 years ago

Question: When I hold the button down to get the display color changing prompts, you can go to the next set of prompts for coil power settings. I want to bump up my flippers just a notch, but . . . you go from factory pre-set to the + and -. There are no numbers showing the power setting for factory pre-set to use as a scale of adjustment. On my WOZ, the factory pre-set is in GREEN and when you change it to another number higher or lower it is gray. If you want to go back to the pre-set, you can see the green number and know that is what is recommended. Anyone know an easy way to 'splain to me the + and - scale on this MM so I will know what I'm doing?

If this didn't make sense, I understand . . . it was difficult to describe for my poor brain!
Mike in Kentucky

#731 8 years ago

Did Stern move into their new building yet?

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from bobWeir:

In the process of moving currently.

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from bobWeir:

In the process.
Manufacturing will resume in approximately 2-3 weeks according to Rick on the PPS Forum
Late Summer to early Fall is the estimate for all machines to be delivered.

#734 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Not yet.
Appproximately 2-3 weeks according to Rick on the PPS Forum

What Rick said, is that the line is now stopped for the move, and would be back online in 2-3 weeks.

#735 8 years ago

Thanks! Gives me some idea of when mine will get shipped.

#736 8 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

In the process.
Manufacturing will resume in approximately 2-3 weeks according to Rick on the PPS Forum
Late Summer to early Fall is the estimate for all machines to be delivered.

I have a feeling I'm on the late summer early fall boat.

#737 8 years ago

i think i'm last

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i think i'm last

The new badge of Honor for MMR is who gets it last.
I really think I'm last ...

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

The code that displays the boot screen, as well as the CGC Menu, was written by Chicago Gaming designed for their new platform. The code that displays scores, graphics, and animation during the game was written by Williams back in the mid 1990s for their old platform.
It's much easier to write new code to show color images than it is to modify the existing code to do the same, without screwing up the precise timing and layout of the old code or otherwise causing problems.
ColorDMD isn't compatible with MMR because it plugs in to the signal between the CPU and the display. That signal used to be a low resolution that ColorDMD could decode. It's now a high resolution and different format that is more difficult to decode.
There are a couple ways Chicago Gaming could attempt to tackle colorization. They could either modify the original code to support high resolution / color, or they could write code that looked at the monochrome output from the game and colorize it similar to how ColorDMD works. While something is reportedly in the works, it hasn't been released yet.

Absolutely Brilliant ..I had figured something to this effect when I 1st turned on the machine, Gorgeous introductory to and OLD and Outdated Dot Matrix Text ..
OK CGC Build it to the conformance to the Copy Right obligations ,But design a new and Improved Screen program with the new software you have here and Have it for the end User to make the choice ..We Bought it We now have the right to change options ..
I would Greatly Love something Better than the Dot Matrix Era and Yes leave the choice up to the end User ..You sold Us the Game ,,OEM Williams Or who ever now owns the rights ...They have there monies for royalties ..Now let the owners tweak with 3rd party options ...
Bought a Mercedes ... Don't use Mercedes oil/ Air filters/ Cleaning solutions ..Its all about the rights the Owner has here ,,I'll see if our Programmers here at my work can dabble in it and see what they can come up with ,,, 8 months to colorized something or go back into the retro "stone age" of presentation...Not my preference and seems not the Majority consensus either ...

WAKE UP ...!!!!

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

I have a feeling I'm on the late summer early fall boat.

That's not a bad thing, let them work the bugs out.

#741 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

We need to track that, would be a true badge of honor.

#742 8 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

sounds like a bet

#743 8 years ago

I am one who did not have issues with the boxing/packaging of the pin. Actually I appreciated it from the standpoint that all the box seams were paper taped over including over the staple-clips. It quells my notorious suspicion some one touched my stuff.... NIB never opened it better assured with the tape.

The other note is that having the shaker installed at the factory was a sweet change from some of my more recent pins NIB. I didn't have any comment on the coin mechs (because I don't care), but having the shaker installed is a much better choice than chump change coin mechs.

PPS CGC and Stern all teamed together and did put out an excellent rehash of an excellent machine, 18-years later. MMrLE is plain fantastic.

For all you black trim folks, patience is a virtue. Although I would not trade my Gold trim, if I bought a second one for the mountain refuge I would buy a black trim. either way, its a winner!!

#744 8 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

either way, its a winner!!

How does it play?

#745 8 years ago

Black is Beautiful!
It's also the most rare of LE's

#746 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How does it play?

Plays great! Last nite I had two royal madnesses and was one castle away from King of Payne! 100 mil or so. That's good for me - I've never had a really killer game on MM before ...until now! Wheee!

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How does it play?

My opinion to date after 50 plays or so is that it plays better than the original MM I had. The main reason for the gameplay betterment for me is that my original MM always drained from the left lane VUK action. I tried many adjustments but it never made a difference in the STDM from the left lane. With my MMr, I have not experienced that STDM from the left lane VUK.
In addition, the crystal clear plastic ramps and gameplay is great!!

#748 8 years ago

Mine was made on 4/11 and delivered on 4/21.

11165056_915199288530492_8270974783982791540_n.jpg11165056_915199288530492_8270974783982791540_n.jpg
#749 8 years ago

Waiting.jpgWaiting.jpg

#750 8 years ago

Great pic! Maybe he'd work a bit harder to break that ice if there was a seal pup frozen inside ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

$ 45.00
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.