IMG_7578 (resized).JPG
IMG_7577 (resized).JPG
IMG_7576 (resized).JPG
IMG_7575 (resized).JPG
IMG_7574 (resized).JPG
IMG_7573 (resized).JPG
IMG_7572 (resized).JPG
IMG_7569 (resized).JPG
There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 84.
#601 9 years ago

Nope that's not your old Tron Rob

#602 9 years ago

Brent Lane is a great guy and I played that machine before he sold it. Shame about the shipping.

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from jfesler:

Depends. I bought TRON LE from Brent Lane in Austin. Great guy, great machine. Shitty transportation. Still bitter about the forklift marks. 8-[

Not mine then. Mine did go up to NorCal, so I thought you may have grabbed it from the guy I sold it to.

Which was this dude:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Nope that's not your old Tron Rob

#604 9 years ago

#116 landed from JJP in NC on Friday.
Seems its been done for a while build date is 3-26-15.
I believe the flood gates should be opened soon and the rest will be shipping.
Judging from the dust on top of the box it had been boxed for a while.

No adjustments needed. Few cosmetic items but that will be sorted out.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

dust on the box ?!?!?
...that's it, i'm out

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

dust on the box ?!?!?
...that's it, i'm out

I'm selling it....I have been putting quarters in for hours ...no credits.
I give.

#607 9 years ago

Congrats to all of the new owners. I'm genuinely happy for you, but you're not making it any easier for me to be patient!

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

The manual is in a plastic bag stapled to the cabinet right side -- inside.

Rick said they would be including a cross reference so that folks that want to use the in-game diagnostics could translate the WPC references into what they are in the new operating system. Did they put that in the new manual or is it a separate document?

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

That's interesting. My build date was April 1 and it landed the 9th. I'm glad to see how fast more games are moving out though, I think you're right about floodgates. We're seeing more and more every week!

#610 9 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

My MM LE (36 of 1000) is in the house. I ordered it from JJP. First NIB pin, plays great, wife approved. There will be more NIB pins in the future, just can't tell the wife yet.

MMR 021.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
MMR 014.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
148.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

you'll have to break it to her sooner or later.. anyways, seems you have room for a few more pins
there. : P

#611 9 years ago

Just finished moving the other pins over the weekend.

Pinball all 7 002.JPGPinball all 7 002.JPG
#612 9 years ago
Quoted from morepins:

Just finished moving the other pins over the weekend.

Pinball all 7 002.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Impressive line !!! Congrats!

That MMr tops it man

#613 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgno. 138 in the house!

#614 9 years ago

MMRLE # 150 just arrived here in socal on 4/20 baby!!!

003.JPG003.JPG

008.JPG008.JPG

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

MMRLE # 150 just arrived here in socal on 4/20 baby!!!
003.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
008.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Dude sweet!

#616 9 years ago
_dude-what-does-mine-say.gif_dude-what-does-mine-say.gif
#617 9 years ago
#618 9 years ago

thanks man.... when is yours incoming??

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

thanks man.... when is yours incoming??

Just got the email a few days ago to transfer over my life savings! So its about to ship out! When I get it I'm going to post up some nice vids. We need some gameplay vids on here!

#620 8 years ago

Medieval Madness remade LE No. 132 in the Sonoran Desert (Phoenix AZ) today!! Thanks to Automated Services Michael, Nancy and Tiffany!!!

Oh, and a BIG thanks to Rick and his crew at PPS!!!!! Keep it up. What's next? AFM? Sign me up.

MMrLE arrival in Phoenix Az!!.jpgMMrLE arrival in Phoenix Az!!.jpg
#621 8 years ago

My game arrived last week but I am just now posting - guess I have been too busy enjoying it.
The machine is rock solid and plays excellent. I do not have much time on the original but I will say it feels very much like my other B/W titles, as it should. I am f'ng stoked! The wait was worth it and now I can play it to my hearts content. For those still waiting....I think your going to be happy! I am.
Pics cause it happened. It is actually here. When I return to Earth I might even remember to remove the glass before snapping a shot. Sorry no video. Just imagine everything that you love most in life all wrapped up in one big bundle to enjoy, with bacon on the side. That is what it feels like.
MMR 001.jpgMMR 001.jpg
MMR 008.jpgMMR 008.jpg

#622 8 years ago

I haven't seen any MMr machines w/ a Williams speaker panel installed.

I bought the gold color logo panel from PBL to put on my MMr once it arrives. Even though I chose the black trim, I think the gold Williams logo will look good w/ the gold wire-forms on the MMr.

#623 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I haven't seen any MMr machines w/ a Williams speaker panel installed.
I bought the gold color logo panel from PBL to put on my MMr once it arrives. Even though I chose the black trim, I think the gold Williams logo will look good w/ the gold wire-forms on the MMr.

May not be quite what you're talking about, but here's a "DIY" example:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-le-078-is-in-da-house#post-2321733

#624 8 years ago

I saw that.

Looks great!

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)no. 138 in the house!

Nice.

#626 8 years ago

Kevin L. came over to unbox my game (Gold #120) with me last nite (that's him in the pic). I didn't have room in my pin-room to set it up so we just did it in my living room lol....I have to sell a game or move something to the garage to get it in its proper place, but I was too lazy to do it last nite.

MMr.jpgMMr.jpg
MMr_GOLD.jpegMMr_GOLD.jpeg
image1.jpegimage1.jpeg
image2.jpegimage2.jpeg
image3.jpegimage3.jpeg
image5.jpegimage5.jpeg

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Kevin L. came over to unbox my game (Gold #120) with me last nite (that's him in the pic). I didn't have room in my pin-room to set it up so we just did it in my living room lol....I have to sell a game or move something to the garage to get it in its proper place, but I was too lazy to do it last nite.
MMr.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
MMr_GOLD.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image5.jpeg

Still happy I went SS...even with the extra wait.

#628 8 years ago

#80 just hit Norcal Gotta finish up work, and then I'll get to the setup. Box was a little beat up, it didn't ship on a pallet. This is the first NIB I've received that way. However, I couldn't find any dings on the machine itself. Whew!

MMr80.jpgMMr80.jpg
#629 8 years ago

Whew is right! Congrats.

#631 8 years ago

Got a totally unexpected email yesterday that my game had shipped. I figured I'd be in the next batch after the move and it wouldn't be until May/June before I saw my game.

DSC_1843-2.JPGDSC_1843-2.JPG

While I was setting up the game, the kids entertained themselves. I actually think they cared more about playing with the dolly than playing a new pinball machine.

DSC_1853 (Custom).JPGDSC_1853 (Custom).JPG

The added benefits of a new pin:

DSC_1855 (Custom).JPGDSC_1855 (Custom).JPG
#632 8 years ago
Quoted from worldofglenn:

#80 just hit Norcal Gotta finish up work, and then I'll get to the setup. Box was a little beat up, it didn't ship on a pallet. This is the first NIB I've received that way. However, I couldn't find any dings on the machine itself. Whew!

MMr80.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

mmm Don't they ship on a pallet? I think they do. If not, the shipping company f'd something up :/

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

mmm Don't they ship on a pallet? I think they do. If not, the shipping company f'd something up :/

Mine did. That's super weird if it wasn't.

#634 8 years ago

Wow lots going out at this point. Seems like their ship rate totally obliterates JJP's rate on WOZ. At least 5 arrived within the last 24 hours.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mine did. That's super weird if it wasn't.

From the met thread, I've heard that some shipping company's f it up, they will remove the pallet, so it was something to be careful about. Of course on the way it may take like 3+ shippers.

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wow lots gong out at this point. Seems like their ship rate totally obliterates JJP's rate on WOZ. At least 5 arrived within the last 24 hours.

Of course...it's Stern!

#637 8 years ago

Sadly, she did not arrive unscathed after all. Bottom of the backbox had some serious separation and wood splintering. It did turn on and play, yay! The glass is hella tight until it gets about halfway down, but I didn't see any issues on the main cab. Somewhere along the route, she took one hell of hit..... and almost walked away. JJ's already working on the shipper claim for me. Big shoutout to JJ and GEX for getting this to me and being responsive way way after hours last night on this!

WP_20150422_009.jpgWP_20150422_009.jpg
#638 8 years ago

Sadly, she did not arrive unscathed after all. Bottom of the backbox had some serious separation and wood splintering. It did turn on and play, yay! The glass is hella tight until it gets about halfway down, but I didn't see any issues on the main cab. Somewhere along the route, she took one hell of hit..... and almost walked away. JJ's already working on the shipper claim for me. Big shoutout to JJ and GEX for getting this to me and being responsive way way after hours last night on this!

WP_20150422_009.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

If the box is damaged make the driver stand there while you open and inspect the game. If the drivers refuses then tell him you won't sign for it (he will stay).... Do not sign for the game until you can verify it has not been damaged! A new game showing up in a box that looked like yours NOT ON A PALLET is a gigantic red flag!
Sorry about your game JJ is one of the best in the buisness he will fight for you but it is much harder once you sign for the damaged item.

#639 8 years ago

The driver and I popped the top, I looked in and didn't see any broken glass, and where there were holes in the box, I didn't see any penetration into the cab. Where the backbox was broken, there were no marks on the cardboard.

#640 8 years ago

We learned our lesson with shipping early on. We always completely open the box with the driver present. They get lossy as heck, but it really only takes a couple minutes with a good knife to get the four corners cut and the sides down for boxed gear. And for STI, always unwrap all moving blankets before signing.

#641 8 years ago

The driver and I popped the top, I looked in and didn't see any broken glass, and where there were holes in the box, I didn't see any penetration into the cab. Where the backbox was broken, there were no marks on the cardboard.

Are they using that system that Stern developed that adds foam protectors down the sides and ends of the game inside the box? Or are they just sliding the games inside the box with nothing else around it?

#642 8 years ago

Here's a summary of the rules I typed up for anyone who is somewhat unfamiliar with Medieval Madness (which I am guessing is most of you).

The game focuses primarily on Madness features. Every time you complete a task (such as shooting the castle to destroy it or shooting the left ramp to stir up angry peasants), it lights a Madness feature at Merlin's kickout for Multiball Madness. The more modes you have lit at the kickout, the more balls you get during Multiball Madness and the more jackpots are worth. This makes it fun to stack features for a really awesome multiball.

Another multiball mode, Castle multiball, has traditional lock rules. Light 3 locks at the castle wall to the left of the drawbridge, and shoot the ball through the hidden gate to launch cannonballs at the castle on the display. So the game has both a traditional multiball and a deeper multiball. This is one reason why the game is so accessible.

Like advancing your raft down river in White Water, the obvious major objective is to destroy the castles of King Payne's men. Each time you do this, that castle is lit at the emblem above the flippers and each castle after it becomes progressively more difficult to shoot. If you get all the way to King Payne, there is a special mode just for that. It's quite fun.

Now, beyond the obvious stuff there is still more to do. Every time you complete the catapult shot for a Catapult Slam, you get to choose on the display what you want to launch at the castle, and your choice effects how many points you get. Timing is key here, and it's a fun little addition.

You can also light video mode at the inlanes. These of course can be moved around using the flipper buttons like any generic lane change feature.

The game also has a hurry-up mode called Castle Hurry-Up. If you hit the castle drawbridge before time runs out, you get a hurry-up score. Also, the skill shot is to immediately hit the drawbridge after the plunge while the red arrow insert is flashing. If you do this, you are immediately awarded a hurry-up score.

And while I'm talking about plunges, if you hold the left flipper up when you plunge the ball will come around the left orbit instead of being diverted into the swordfight bumpers in the upper right. This makes it easier to get back into play quickly.

Another side mode this game features is Trolls. Each time you hit the troll targets on either side of the drawbridge, it advances towards Trolls. Once the trolls are disturbed enough they will pop out of the ground on both the display AND the playfield as bash toys. Hit each troll enough times to complete the mode. They will alternate positions much like Buzz and Bud do in No Good Gofers.

Merlin's kickout is the main award shot in the game. Complete the Merlin standups on the right to light the shot, and he chooses a random award from his scroll in the display. It can range from points, to advancing a certain shot for Multiball Madness, to starting a mode. This feature often gives you what you want; say you have Trolls almost lit, he will start that mode for you so you can get that out of the way and open up shots for Multiball Madness. There is quite a lot of strategy here at this shot that involves Multiball Madness that really keeps the game from getting repetitive.

#643 8 years ago

Sadly, it is packed no where near as good as a NIB Stern. There's a few pieces of foam tossed in here and there, but not much. While everyone seems to love the pinball outline on the box, it's no substitute for good packaging. You can tell from a few others who've posted unboxing shots that there is a lot of empty space.

#644 8 years ago

Waiting for SS,do the rails look easily removable?
Going to chrome the game .I'm guessing double back tape behind side rails, there was talk of easy removal

#645 8 years ago

Sadly, it is packed no where near as good as a NIB Stern. There's a few pieces of foam tossed in here and there, but not much. While everyone seems to love the pinball outline on the box, it's no substitute for good packaging. You can tell from a few others who've posted unboxing shots that there is a lot of empty space.

To bad Stern isn't boxing these games after they build them using their packing system.

#646 8 years ago

I thought Stern was also handling the packaging. Weren't they the ones to identify issues with the cardboard in early runs?

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I thought Stern was also handing the packaging. Weren't they the ones to identify issues with the cardboard in early runs?

Nope.

#648 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I thought Stern was also handing the packaging. Weren't they the ones to identify issues with the cardboard in early runs?

Wat? They are being boxed at Stern. It's not like they ship over to CGC raw in the back of a truck. They're using materials & design that CGC provided, but it's getting done at Stern.

#649 8 years ago

Appreciate the advice on this thread. I was told by JJP that I am #11 in line right now and should be getting it dropped shipped sometime in May. I will definitely be taking a close look before the shipper leaves.

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Wat? They are being boxed at Stern. It's not like they ship over to CGC raw in the back of a truck. They're using materials & design that CGC provided, but it's getting done at Stern.

The final boxing up is done by CGC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 4,194 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 84.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-unboxings/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.