Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0B1CE881-153C-4175-8DE1-8DA58E6ED90E.png
IMG_4725 (resized).JPG
LED-list-MMr (resized).jpg
IMG_4721 (resized).JPG
IMG_4720 (resized).JPG
IMG_4718 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

My MMr will not cycle on. I turn it on and the lights come on on the boards. The added speaker lights come on but that is it. The GI light dont come on and the game does not start up? It is completely dark.

Any ideas?

Thanks

#3 4 years ago

Here are a couple of pics.....

IMG_4718 (resized).JPGIMG_4718 (resized).JPGIMG_4720 (resized).JPGIMG_4720 (resized).JPG
#4 4 years ago

a couple of other bits of information.... before it stopped working I was having trouble with the display not working and the left troll not working. I have been having trouble with the display for a little bit where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I usually try to push the connectors back in but sometimes it just comes back on it's own. The left troll is something new.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So in one pic the display breakout board led is green and the other it's red. What's the difference functionally when the color's different?

I think it is trying to send a signal to the display when it is green but the display does not show anything. It just flickers..... What is the function of the breakout board with the buttons?

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Any red LEDs below the fuses on each driver board

OK - I think that helped. I was able to find a blown fuse on one of the boards below the playfield. I think I read it as T4L250V. I will need to buy those.

Please see pic for reference. It is the fuse without the green light.

IMG_4721 (resized).JPGIMG_4721 (resized).JPG
#14 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Troll Left Power
Troll Left Hold

Thanks - I was having issues with the left troll so maybe that is the problem.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is there a plug for the leads to the left troll solenoid that you can easily unplug? I'd do that before swapping in the fuse and see if the game works. That way you don't blow the new fuse first thing and know that the problem is likely a short at or near the left troll coil.

Well too late, I took the fuse out of the power supply board and it blew right away. The game still didnt do anything before it blew. It looks like there could be a broken wire at the left troll. It is hard to tell as there is an aftermarket troll lights added to the game and I cant figure out how they are hooked up (I am the 2nd owner of the game and did not install them).

Also - i can move the right Troll up and down pretty easily from under the playfield but the left is a lot tighter and harder to push up.

IMG_4725 (resized).JPGIMG_4725 (resized).JPG
#17 4 years ago

Also shouldn't the GI lights still at least come on ever if that fuse blows? Or is it related?

#19 4 years ago

Appreciate the help - I will take some more photos tomorrow. I do have a multimeter.

#24 4 years ago

CAT-5 cable is ok. I re-checked it. Thanks for the suggestions.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Old school it. Unplug or disconnect that coil and sacrifice a fuse.

Yep - that is what I am going to do. I went to the hardware store and tried to buy some fuses but no-one had them so ordering them online. So I will have to wait till the weekend to try it again as that is when I can get back to the game. Thanks for everyone's help and will let you know.

#29 4 years ago

OK - unplugged the left troll and put in a new fuse and the fuse did not blow so obviously a problem with that troll. The bigger issue is the game still did not boot up. The watchdog led on the board is still red. Any idea what to do next. I want to get the game to boot up then will work on fixing the troll.

#33 4 years ago

CR8 is flashing green
CR9 is solid red

CR5 Code on the playfield board is flashing green (i dont see that one on the diagram)
CR7 is flashing green

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Can you tell if your after-market Troll eyes mod use alligator clips?

Nope not using clips, they are connectors. It is not the troll eyes but green lights under the trolls.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Cr9 controls... what?

I am not sure - it doesn't explain it on the diagram. Just says blank normally off.

CR7 flashing on the playfield board that I noted above seems correct

#38 4 years ago

CR8 & CR9 are from the controller board

CR5 and CR7 are from the playfield board

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Ok, I’ve got a manual on MMR. Unplug sol driver 3
Connectors J7 lh troll.

I unplugged J3 & J7 and still the same issue

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have you unplugged the machine completely? If not, try that for a few minutes (unplugged) then plug it back in, then as you power on, watch CR10 (the watchdog LED) and see if it goes immediately red, or if it's off or some other color initially in boot.
Then, once it's red (I assume it will go red), try pressing the little yellow reset button below the battery on the left side and observe CR10 again.

I unplugged it, it goes red immediately when I turn it on. Reset button had no impact as nothing happened.

#47 4 years ago

what does the black cable on the top of the controller board do? How do I take that off and reset it? It seems really tight?

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm wondering if you didn't blow out the pic at U16 when it the coil shorted out.

I hope not....

What do I do next? Who do I call to fix these new games?

#51 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Try disconnecting the 4 connectors on the bottom of the backbox and powering on.

Still nothing - I opened up a ticket with CGC.

I appreciate everyone's help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider marksf123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-stopped-turning-on?tu=marksf123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.