IMG_3433.JPG
42.jpg
mmr.jpg
20140329_114730.jpg
20140329_114830.jpg
20140329_114838.jpg
20140329_114842.jpg
20140329_114851.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#528 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Replace both the video modes with improved 2.0 standard modes

Copycat is awesome! But yeah, death to Roonie.

#536 10 years ago

So much hand-wringing over trim color. For me, nothing could possibly look better on MM than stainless steel. I'll wait for a standard MMR, thanks.

#540 10 years ago

I wish PPS would say, "we've wasted too much time on trim already. We changed our mind: everything stainless. If you want another color, go nuts. If you want to cancel your order over trim color, feel free." How many people would cancel? And how many would be in line to fill those spots?

If I was a manufacturer, after seeing Stern's quality issues with chrome and colored powdercoat over the last few years, I wouldn't want to deal with customer complaints and replacing cosmetic hardware under warranty. Pinball trim quality wasn't an issue for the better part of a century. Modern collectors created a problem where one didn't exist by convincing manufacturers that commercial hardware needs to look like Skittles.

I'm part of the problem here, and I do own a game with custom aftermarket trim. I just wish everything would ship basic black or stainless, and let us nutjobs take over from there.

#541 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Stainless is an option on the LE, the trim is far from the only LE upgrade.

Are there any LE upgrades that aren't just cosmetic? I'm not being snarky, I honestly don't know.

#545 10 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Shaker Motor. Plus, all of a sudden I'm hearing that the colorized display upgrade will be free for LE owners, so we can only assume some upcharge for standard machines. Hmmmm.

Thanks for the info. I dislike shaker motors in most games, and don't care very much about color DMDs. I'm happy to wait for a standard MMR, and let all the bugs get worked out in the LE.

#547 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Just get a Standard and let the rest of us enjoy ; )

Pretty sure I can't prevent anyone from enjoying their MMRLE. Thanks for the thumbs down and winky face, though.

#552 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What problems has Stern had with the colored powdercoat over the last few years?

Color mismatches, chipping. Things that no one called 1-800-KICKERS to gripe about when everything was black. Granted, nothing remotely as bad as the terrible Tron LE chrome.

Quoted from RobT:

So what problem have "modern collectors" created exactly?

My point is that once collectors started chroming and candy coating their own games, manufacturers (correctly) assumed that's what we want, started doing it, then realized what a hassle it is to get it right on a large scale. Look no further than Rick's posts in this thread.

It seems like gold is more is difficult to pull off than typical colored powdercoat. I don't envy anyone trying to please 1,000 persnickety collectors.

#555 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Most people that drop 8K plus shipping want to be wowed not sure why you let that get under your skin or think it is unwarranted.

Everyone dropping $8k on an MMR or MMRLE wants to play MM. I'm going to be one of them, and I'll be wowed when I open that box. If special hardware was never mentioned, do you think people would have said, "$8k Medieval Madness? Pshh, get back to me when it's gold."

Bling certainly is shiny and pretty. But it's not why people are lining up to spend $8k for MMR, and it appears to be a hassle for the manufacturer. An unnecessary hassle, in my opinion.

#559 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Actually Yancy I jumped in only when I saw the LEDs and they added black powder coat.

Don't they all have LEDs?

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Hate the metal look and the bother of replacing it. So standard version works for you and this got my check mailed in.

My question remains: if MMR (or MMRLE) was only available in stainless, would that prevent you from ordering one?

#566 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Must have missed the numerous threads on those alleged issues.

Never had either issue myself, neither have my friends with those pins.

Lucky you! I'm talking about from the manufacturer's perspective, though.

Quoted from RobT:

I'm sure it happens once in awhile, but I am pretty sure it isn't a widespread issue. If it was, Stern wouldn't keep doing it.

Yeah, the benefits of selling $7k games to bling-hungry collectors definitely outweigh the negatives.

Powdercoat isn't too bad, but Stern's chrome was bad enough that they stopped it cold turkey after Tron LE. Couldn't have been cheap to send me (and who knows how many other people) replacement rails.

#568 10 years ago

You don't want options then get the standard simple as that. 8K is a lot and I want options sorry you don't like that for whatever reason.

I like options! I'm glad stainless is an option. What I'm saying is, the vast majority of potential MMR buyers would still want the game even if there weren't hardware options. They could sell a thousand MMRLEs in pink powdercoat if that was the only option.

It's like begging manufactures to give us less while prices sky rocket.

Skyrocket? A year ago I'd have to pay five figures for a decent MM. Now I can get one NIB for $8k!

And to answer your question yes having options and upgrades that the LE will offer is important to me and has made me keep my order.

That doesn't answer my question, but thanks for playing.

#569 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

if the issues of chipping and color mismatch on powder coating was in any way a serious issue for Stern, they would also stop it cold turkey

Indeed. But if you were PPS and could sell 1,000 MMRLEs in an hour, either dealing with powdercoat issues or not, which would you choose?

#572 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, then why is he dealing with all this and now offering a black option?

Because gold is a pain in the ass if you want it to be durable and look anything like gold.

Quoted from jalpert:Doesn't trying to make customers happy count for something?

Yes! I'm happy he's offering black. I'm happy he's offering stainless on standards. The only thing that could make me unhappy with regard to MMR at this point is if it somehow doesn't pan out, or if I can't afford one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-spotted-in-person-tpf-pics?tu=yancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.