IMG_3433.JPG
42.jpg
mmr.jpg
20140329_114730.jpg
20140329_114830.jpg
20140329_114838.jpg
20140329_114842.jpg
20140329_114851.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

Certainly looks like real pins to me

#105 10 years ago

Will they let you lift the playfield since the show doesn't start for a couple hours?

#190 10 years ago

Congrats. You bought a pinball machine and you are going to load it up with tacky junk. Please excuse us while the people here who have been waiting, patiently, some of them 6 moths, some of them 5 years, some of them 8 years, hope the MMr is very very close to original.

Try waiting a REALLY long time, or working REALLY hard on a pinball machine and then maybe you'll understand why we want pics and why we want them now and are excited to take whatever we can get.

Quoted from kaneda:

Sure thing It's a HUO LOTR LE. About 250 plays on it. Arrives in about 2 weeks. Have the following mods for it:

Gold Mirror Blades
Palantir Mod (Jay's)
Full figure set
Plastic protectors all around
Figure plastic mounts
Target Decals
Shire decals
Brass bar to replace plastic over left ramp
LEDs (they are installed but might switch back to incandescents)
Gandalf with lighted staff

#193 10 years ago

Do you realize that I'm not stupid and I don't give a shit? I don't care if they make 50,000 of them, I don't care if the game becomes worth $2,200 the second I open it. I'm buying a NIB MMr, I'm paying $8K, and I'm fine with all of it.

Quoted from kaneda:

They are going to make these things FOREVER. You do realize that.

How does the expression go? You can't fix stupid and you can't account for taste?

Quoted from kaneda:

What the hell is tacky about those mods? Everything I ordered is based upon tons of research and what people on PINSIDE said are the best mods. So explain to me, please, how any of these LOTR mods are tacky? Seriously.

#235 10 years ago

You know you are in a thread titled, "MMR - Spotted in person! TPF! Pics!!," right?

Feel free to slam MMR all you want, but maybe in a more appropriate thread?

Quoted from kaneda:

Jeez...if anyone has an opinion that differs from the pre-order mob they get SLAMMED.

#278 10 years ago

Exactly.

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Personally I would, and have, brought this up in a thread not dedicated specifically to how awesome MMr is..

#289 10 years ago

I'm shocked we don't have some better high res photos or more HD video at this point. The pinball news pics are great, but not exactly high res.

#306 10 years ago

Anyone in Texas going to bootleg the PPS presentation for us in a couple of hours?

#333 10 years ago

You are assuming, very poorly, that if I wasn't buying an MM14 I would be being a mustang.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

Teekee is making valid points that do not specifically apply to MMR. the $8000 pin can be found in JJP and Stern too. He is simply making a valid point that the small pinball buyers market has a limit to how many $8000 pins it can handle. That is his first point.

Nothing encourages innovation more than competition. If Stern wants those dollars, they are going going to have to step up their game. What does it say for Stern or JJP if an old, outdated, rehashed refake puts them out out of business? If MM14 is the cause of Stern or JJP going under, it wasn't, it was going to happen anyway, their problems were fairly large.

Quoted from LitzDoc:

The second point is that to keep pinball alive in the 21st Century there must be innovation. That is questionable with MMR although I am no expert on electronics. But to the novice eye it looks like not much has changed.

#373 10 years ago

#374 10 years ago

You really want the game, but you paid your money based on the fact that it would have gold trim. So, if PPS does black, you will back out and buy a standard... which is the exact same game without a $250 shaker, a cab that isn't as good and it'll take at least 6 months later to get for the exact same price?

That doesn't make sense. You know you can just get standard trim on the LE, right? I could see the trim as a perk, but to back out of such an expensive established game because you have to have standard trim I don't understand.

In terms of the flyer, if PPS fulfills every promise except a trim color, I'm stoked.

Quoted from pinmister:

Hey all I am feeling a little discouraged. I was and am so excited to purchase a new MMR. I was in from day one and really supported PPS and the launch. I put forth my money based on the fact that there would be an option for gold or brass colored plating. I know Rick had stated that it was up in the air with trim choices until a conclusive decision was made. While I appreciate the TPF reviews and opinions, I am struggling with the fact that the majority of people like the black powder over the gold look? To me the black powder does nothing and I feel it does not give an LE justice-just shiny black? I know it is powder, but I feel like I could take it to my local guy and get the trim powdered myself if it is just black. If PPS decides to do the black, I will back out and go with a standard. I will then either have it plated myself or have it powdered in red or white/blue flake. I want my MMR to stand out and black does not pop-imo. The other thing that concerns me is the advertised flyer showing gold shiny trim as an option):

#376 10 years ago

Yes, really. The exact same price. It's not a personal dig, it's just a fact man. You don't have to go there. I don't blindly defend MM14, I'm actually quite critical toward it. Not my fault they are doing a really good job and I don't have anything to bitch about.

Quoted from pinmister:

Really?-I do not think so
And yes if the Gold trim option that was advertised is not delivered-I will choose to put my money elsewhere. I know you like to defend any comments made on MMR, but this is a forum with open discussions and the trim will affect many peoples decisions.

#378 10 years ago

Okay. Keep guessing then, but to come out and say the standard won't be the same price is just incorrect at this point.

Quoted from pinmister:

We will have to wait and see if distributors decide to sell for full MSRP. Do they sell Stern machines at full MSRP? Something to think about.

#385 10 years ago

He tried. The plating process wasn't / won't hold up well. I saw a HUO LOTR LE and when you take the lockdown bar off it was fugly. If it can't handle the lockdown bar, it's not going to go the distance.

Maybe there is a plating process that would, but there is only so much money and time you can spend on trim as it's a perk that's not that important to most people.

Quoted from pinmister:

If it were brass plated and looked the way people perceived it was going to be, maybe opinions would be different?

#391 10 years ago

Rick possibly switching to black based on feedback is proof he's doing everything we can. At the end of the day, it's just not going to be good enough for some people no matter what he does. Let's worry about the game instead.

Quoted from viper001:

Now you noobs, back to the regularly scheduled program of endlessly debating the shade of metal of the strips that basically just hold the glass in place. Because, you know, THAT is important stuff that needs some more discussion...

Quoted from SealClubber:

My LOTR LE is HUO and well kept. The plating started coming off within two years. That is the only thing keeping me from putting chrome on my SM.

#408 10 years ago

It is a full color display, and you will never use a color DMD in the MM14. Right now, you can switch to a number of solid colors, an actual colorized display is something Rick might do in the future and can be done with a software update.

#443 10 years ago

So, since this is a thread that has to do with MM14 and the TPF in regards to pics, now that people are starting to get home... Is there any more gameplay video out there that is ready to be uploaded?

So far, I think we have one, one minute clip.

#454 10 years ago

Shaker, cab, trim, plaque, game number, I honestly don't care. I just don't want a standard and have to wait another six months for the LE's to be built first. After this weekend, I'm super glad I have an LE on the way.

#470 10 years ago

And even if you can't, you can order the LED cheap online, the board looks easy to pull. It should only be a few bucks to have the work done locally.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If you can physically get to them, you can replace them. You might have to learn SMD soldering though.

It's easier than people think.

#482 10 years ago

Having the most / most expensive toys doesn't make it the best game out there and isn't necessarily the best value because of it.

Quoted from RobT:

Yep, this makes a lot more sense, and we were talking about two different things.

I think you bring your point home when you talk about WoZ being the best *value* in pinball, especially for those who got in on the $6500.00 pre-order price.

#484 10 years ago

Since you want to talk about value:

Before MM14: Nice but obviously routed MM = $12K

MM14: Brand new MM, warranty, upgrades etc = $8K

Even if it is less collectible, it doesn't mean it's going to be less desirable than 90% of the MM's out there. To some people, obviously you, yes, but to most people, I think the buyers have spoken.

Quoted from teekee:

The originality and collectibility are no longer a part of this pin yet you're still paying for it... that's what I was getting at as far as VALUE.

#516 10 years ago

You seem knowledgeable, I am asking this sincerely.

It's a fact that right now the LEDs in MM are only operating at a certain percentage of the brightness they are capable of. This has been stated by Rick, and the fact that they can get brighter to compensate for an LED if it goes out.

If an LED has a 50,000 hour rating, which means at that time it will be 70% bright, but the software is running the LEDs at 60% of their max brightness (I'm just making that up, hypothetical), wouldn't it mean that any replacement defective LEDs (at 50,000 hours) would look the exact same? You would have some LEDs only capable of 70% brightness, some capable of 100% brightness, but all of them running at 60% brightness.

Or is the brightness relative, at 25,000 hours the LEDs will only be 85% as bright as the software is telling them to be even though they are capable of being as bright as they should be?

Quoted from calvin12:

If some light board with smd's gets replaced 2 years down the line there will be a noticable difference betwen the old and new ones. These are facts of the technology.

#571 10 years ago

So, then why is he dealing with all this and now offering a black option? Doesn't trying to make customers happy count for something? Maybe, if he treats customers right this time around they will want to buy from him again on the next go around.

Quoted from yancy:

Indeed. But if you were PPS and could sell 1,000 MMRLEs in an hour, either dealing with powdercoat issues or not, which would you choose?

#574 10 years ago

Yah, he found that out.

Quoted from yancy:

Because gold is a pain in the ass if you want it to be durable and look anything like gold.

I would be VERY surprised if it didn't happen. Honestly, I can see where you're coming from, and I can see where others are coming from. I like my games stock, I personally don't care about what color the rails are. On one hand, I can understand people who do. On the other hand, I can't fathom someone canceling this game over it. But, it doesn't matter if you get it, or I do, nor not, those people exist.

Quoted from yancy:

Yes! I'm happy he's offering black. I'm happy he's offering stainless on standards. The only thing that could make me unhappy with regard to MMR at this point is if it somehow doesn't pan out, or if I can't afford one.

#579 10 years ago

Exactly. A shaker motor isn't a $160 Stern shaker. The Williams shaker kits are usually $250. Trim, plaque, number, shaker, beefier cab... But Rick also talked about making the color DMD free for LE owners and a charge for standard. For me, I don't want to wait 6 extra months for the game, but there is plenty incentive to buy the LE IMO.

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I see really zero incentive to purchase a standard at this point. You pay the exact same as for the LE but, get less options and quality (referring to the cab upgrade).

#593 10 years ago

From what I heard, there is an adjustment but nobody said it was a menu adjustment. Also, the voltage wasn't low, it was fluctuating the entire time. So, at several points it was being moved up and down etc so it was probably never perfect. I think they would have greatly preferred a consistent low, then they could have compensated and been done with it.

Quoted from viper001:

A quick question for the folks that played MMr at the show. There seemed to be a lot of reports of weak flippers which were explained as being caused by low line voltage where they were plugged in. Rick even said there were adjustments in the game to compensate for this issue. But then nothing more was ever said about it. Did someone ever go into the menu and adjust for the lower voltage, and did this seem to improve the problem with weak flippers? Or were the games ever moved to another circuit that was not so overloaded? I think everyone just assumed this was a non-issue, it might have been nice to see this demonstrated while the games were still getting a lot of play...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-spotted-in-person-tpf-pics?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.