IMG_3433.JPG
42.jpg
mmr.jpg
20140329_114730.jpg
20140329_114830.jpg
20140329_114838.jpg
20140329_114842.jpg
20140329_114851.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#530 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hey all I am feeling a little discouraged. I was and am so excited to purchase a new MMR. I was in from day one and really supported PPS and the launch. I put forth my money based on the fact that there would be an option for gold or brass colored plating. I know Rick had stated that it was up in the air with trim choices until a conclusive decision was made. While I appreciate the TPF reviews and opinions, I am struggling with the fact that the majority of people like the black powder over the gold look? To me the black powder does nothing and I feel it does not give an LE justice-just shiny black? I know it is powder, but I feel like I could take it to my local guy and get the trim powdered myself if it is just black. If PPS decides to do the black, I will back out and go with a standard. I will then either have it plated myself or have it powdered in red or white/blue flake. I want my MMR to stand out and black does not pop-imo. The other thing that concerns me is the advertised flyer showing gold shiny trim as an option):
MMR flyer with gold option.jpg 108 KB

I'll admit that I was disappointed as well. My expectations were gold tone trim with a mirror type finish. To be fair the gold in the picture could actually be the powdercoat it turned out to be as it doesn't necessarily show any reflection on the flyer.

My original thought was once the process of doing the gold was decided I would simply switch to standard trim if I didn't like the look. There were a few other extra's added for LE. Getting the machine 6 months or so earlier would be nice enough for me. Rick doubled the warranty to 1 full year for all models. Just simple changes like this that were not expected make me want to stay in with the LE.

Maybe if enough people brought it up Rick would be willing to do the plated gold/brass and the buyer is taking full risk of it going to hell.

Just think about it though if Rick is not comfortable with it you would probably be taking a real gamble. Imagine the first day you notice the clear came off and the brass is starting to tarnish. That would piss me off so I don't want to even bother risking it.

Sure it's a bummer, but ultimately I'm still glad to be getting the pin.

Compared to other manufacturers I really think what PPS is accomplishing is unheard of in this hobby.

#594 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think anyone who buys this game is going to do one thing: enjoy it. Clearly anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't have one on order. It's a classic game...last time I checked it was #1 on Pinside.

Thanks for your feedback Captain Obvious!

I just watched your hotels.com commercial and I LOL'd, nice job!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-spotted-in-person-tpf-pics?tu=hardware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.