• Latest reply 9 years ago by chrisjens2
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bottomlesspit.jpg
goddam pinside crap!.jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hold on, this is for the regular MMr, not the LE? who even orders a regular?

Seeing his ad states he selected black trim, my assumption is its an LE.

Quoted from jints56:

I have the black trim option on order

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

hold on, this is for the regular MMr, not the LE? who even orders a regular?

MMrLE is what I have on order. I didn't even know the regulars were accepting pre order money. My bad.....

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

$500 to a pinsider versus $500 to a lawyer
Easy choice to me

The real equation is $500 to a pinsider once or $500 to a lawyer to possibly save MANY pinsiders $500.

VERY EASY choice.

There may even be some pinside lawyers willing to help out or direct the OP in the right direction?

#54 9 years ago

You should just call Rick directly.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

People seem to be calling Rick a lot of things… directly.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

People seem to be calling Rick a lot of things… directly.

or indirectly...

#57 9 years ago

#58 9 years ago

Thanks for letting us know of your distributor! Now I can add them to my list of never support or recommend. Sounds like the same thing pinballsales.com has done to customers, just lame business practice.

Its a pinball machine he can sell it to someone else, yet makes you do the work for him and lose money in the process.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

MMrLE is what I have on order. I didn't even know the regulars were accepting pre order money. My bad.....

OK, makes sense. GLWTS.

#60 9 years ago

Nobody is calling a $225/hr lawyer for $500. He bought the game, and he agreed to the non-refundable deposit. VERY EASY? Yah, if the decision is so easy why don't you buy his game just so YOU can call a lawyer and have it out. That makes as much sense as what you are proposing this guy should do.

Besides, the game isn't really late. It was very obvious when the game was announced that it would take the remainder of the year to get all games built and delivered. I happen to believe that won't happen, but it's not October until tomorrow. They could get the game on the line December 1st and get them all shipped by Jan 1. January 1st, the game is late.

Quoted from Whysnow:

The real equation is $500 to a pinsider once or $500 to a lawyer to possibly save MANY pinsiders $500.

VERY EASY choice.

There may even be some pinside lawyers willing to help out or direct the OP in the right direction?

#61 9 years ago

My lawyer will send a letter for a hell of a lot less than $225. Usually $125 to edit and send what his secretary drafts. Granted he does not specialize in consumer protection...

Either way "he agreed to the non-refundable deposit" does not mean jack in the legal world when the seller has not upheld their end of the deal nor have they met the laws for consumer protection of having policies clearly posted delivering on time or maintaining the original product as originally agreed.

Plain in simple the law is on the side of every person that pre-ordered and if brought to their attention and a few MMR pre-order people are all in the same boat then a lawyer may be getting added pay in the long run.

hopefully Rick will do the right thing when called and just transfer the order to someone else he supposedly has in line on the waitlist. that would be the smart business decision.

#62 9 years ago

The game was supposed to be in production in the 2nd quarter. We are now into the 4th quarter tomorrow. The fact that they are way behind schedule is good reason that they (PPS) should do the right thing and make sure anyone that wants it gets a refund.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The game was supposed to be in production in the 2nd quarter. We are now into the 4th quarter tomorrow. The fact that they are way behind schedule is good reason that they (PPS) should do the right thing and make sure anyone that wants it gets a refund.

If they are unwilling to do so then I would say there are bigger issues to be concerned about.

Anything besides a full refund from Rick is a really poor business decision.

OP > please call Rick and update us on status. With Wednesday being October 1st I would say it is perfect time to call him and see what is up/ request a full refund due to delayed production and missed deadline promises. Explain that things have changed for you as they have obviously for him. Let us know and good luck.

#64 9 years ago

They also implied that it would take them all of 2014 to deliver. They said standards would ship right after LE's were done and the release dates for the standards was January 2015.

As of now, they are late starting production, but they are not late on delivery. Stern can crank out 250 machines per week.

Will they hit the line before December 1, will Stern actually build 250/wk, who knows. I don't think they will. But it's a little early to be claiming refund based on the fact the game is late.

This is what people signed up for... at least for the time being.

Quoted from DCFAN:

#65 9 years ago

I had issues with twisted pins as well, during the frenzy they lost my MMRLE order, that's after I made a 1000 deposit on their website and confirmation. I was glad to find out they had refunded my money back on cc.

#66 9 years ago

Get your refund. Doubt they have any in line.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It was very obvious when the game was announced that it would take the remainder of the year to get all games built and delivered.

Obvious to everyone except PPS apparently?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadKeller:

Rick has stated publicly that he will not interfere in a customer/distributor issue, even if he is the one that outlined refund policies that were intended to apply to all of his distributors. It is bad form for him because on one hand he puts himself out to be the figurehead of the effort, yet he's very quick to pass the buck onto Chicago Gaming for build and deposit issues because he has no control over them any more than his distributors. In other words there is no true leader here.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

In other words there is no true leader here.

Perhaps another Hitler video is in order?

#70 9 years ago

Somewhere in hell Hitler is feeling insulted.....

#71 9 years ago

The other elephant in the room that nobody has mentioned is that the money people have sent in is already spent. Spent on Bally/Williams licensing, on parts to build MMrs, on who knows what else. He can't give refunds because the cash is not there.

#72 9 years ago

Surely this can't be true!

bottomlesspit.jpgbottomlesspit.jpg

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from WonkoTSane:

The other elephant in the room that nobody has mentioned is that the money people have sent in is already spent. Spent on Bally/Williams licensing, on parts to build MMrs, on who knows what else. He can't give refunds because the cash is not there.

can or can't makes no difference. Legally obligated is all that matters.

#74 9 years ago

You mean the person who basically told us it would take all year to make the games didn't realize it? What? Per PPS, standards would be built right after LE's. Per PPS, standards had a release date of 1/2015. It's pretty clear.

Since then, they faced massive delays which they can completely make up for due to the Stern announcement.

Quoted from RobT:

Obvious to everyone except PPS apparently?

This was also made clear. Once the deposits were locked in, they were going to spend the money. That's why they locked the deposits in.

Quoted from WonkoTSane:

They are late on production, but not on delivery. Of course I'm frustrated as well. I thought by now they'd be in the wild at least. Without Stern, this project would be a real clusterf%&k, but they do have Stern, and they still have a chance to get this thing on track.

I'll join your little hate party in about 2.5 months.

#75 9 years ago

I don't know the rules on deposits but I have always advocated they should be non-refundable. This would again take "speculation" out of the equation. People should take a risk when they order in my opinion as I can assure everyone if the demand destroyed the supply and prices shot up nobody would cancel even if they changed their mine. They would take delivery and sell it so why should anyone get a potential reward without any risk.

I saw people jumping in about a year ago on many titles just to "get a spot" and then they decide later whether they really want it. Hey, if someone isn't 500% sure they should just wait until they are. Non-Refundable $1,000 deposits would make people think a little longer about their purchase and not fill up a spot from somebody that really wanted one but "was not as quick with the trigger finger".

Just my opinion. I saw so many people jump on METLE's after the TRONLE "windfall".....LOL. Do we really need that happening again !!!! Speculation is bad for the hobby and non-refundable deposits are the way to help make sure it doesn't happen again !!! Lets see let me buy MSFT stock today and have the opportunity to get my money back in a couple of months if I don't like the "price action" .... trust me certain people do that with pins and get away with no penalty and that is not right so I am on the side of any distributor that wil not refund deposits.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Perhaps another Hitler video is in order?

I'm still laughing about the Hitler WOZ video. The part where he was yelling telling everyone he should make them play zizzles was priceless! I'm not sure who made that video edit, but I'll gladly buy him/her a beer, shot, pitcher, whatever. That was a good one for sure

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-spot/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.