• Latest reply 9 years ago by chrisjens2
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bottomlesspit.jpg
goddam pinside crap!.jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Anyone interested in my MMr spot? I have the black trim option on order and have already paid the $1000 deposit. $6995+ shipping would be due 2-3 before shipping. I am willing to transfer my spot for $500 to anyone that's interested. PM me with interest or questions. Thanks...

#2 9 years ago

Selling MMR slots is exactly what PPS was trying to avoid. If you are the owner of record, PPS will only provide warranty support to you.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Selling MMR slots is exactly what PPS was trying to avoid. If you are the owner of record, PPS will only provide warranty support to you.

I'm taking a $500 loss, so obviously not trying to flip. My distributor told me I could sell my spot on the open market.

#4 9 years ago

Pretty sure PPS said you could not sell spots.

#5 9 years ago

I would bet that your distributor has a waiting list and could reallocate your machine and get you your thousand dollars back. I don't know the exact circumstances but I definitely know there are people in line to get a limited edition. I have a few.

Given the deposit is nonrefundable at this point, it makes sense the distributor is asking you to fill the spot.

As far as selling your spot on the open market as long as you have the agreement made with your distributor so that he sends it to the proper person I don't see how it would make much difference to Rick. The machine is still going to the same buyer a.k.a. the distributor. How he distributes upon receipt can be to any customer, or even stock for that matter.

#6 9 years ago

I sold my spot a few weeks back (and took a loss like the OP) - distributor had told me the same thing. It's not an issue - once the deal is done, the distributor just changes the ownership info. It was an easy and simple process. The only thing that can't change at this point is the trim color as the orders have been placed with PPS.

If anyone is looking for an MMR in black - this is an easy way to save $500. Good luck OP - took me a while to find a buyer but it eventually happened.

#7 9 years ago

Bump for $500 off an MMr

#8 9 years ago

Just demand your original deposit back. What's the problem? PPS is rolling in all their new licensing cabbage and haven't they missed their ship deadline?

#9 9 years ago

I agree, just demand your deposit be refunded. You are protected under consumer protection laws and product has not been delivered as promised. In conjunction, the manufacturer is not abiding by all aspects of the consumer protection law so they do not have a leg to stand on.

There is ZERO reason for you to take a loss on a pre-order that has not been delivered.

#10 9 years ago

I would demand a refund
He also said these where shipping quarter 2 of 2014.

#11 9 years ago

I may go that route in a couple of days, but was pretty much under the impression that the deposits locked in, which I'm fine with actually. I had full intentions of staying in all the way, but my situation changed a bit. I'd even be willing to roll it over to another game, but don't think it's an option without another buyer lined up. Thanks....

#12 9 years ago

if i trade spots with you, do i make $500 ?

#13 9 years ago

Any update on when these are shipping

#14 9 years ago

ha

#15 9 years ago

you will likely be told that their policy... blah blah blah, but look into the law and you don't have to give up or forfeit any cash due to the current circumstances >>> i.e. product not delivered as promised/ originally agreed time frame and product also not as originally advertised (no coin mechs mean it is not a coin operated device).

It really would be silly for you to give up cash when you are entitled to full refund.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Any update on when these are shipping

Last I heard was sometime mid to late October.

#17 9 years ago

I don't know much about the legal system but it seems that's where PPS thrives. I just feel that it doesn't seem right to take money for something for a prolonged period and later refuse refund to the people who supported you originally as the delays accumulate.

#18 9 years ago

At some point the refund policy got muddled so that distributors could not do it and PPS was still able to. At this point, who knows what the possibility is.

#19 9 years ago

Did anyone sign contract? Did anyone have the terms given to them in writing?

#20 9 years ago

Going back on your word, never looks good.

#21 9 years ago

People roll over this easily and accept a loss of that amount, even though the product is no where near completion? Seriously, if you get a full refund, I doubt PPS would have any trouble selling your spot.

I'm just going to assume I'm jumping to conclusions, but if you can't get a full refund, there is something seriously wrong with what's going on with this hobby man

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm just going to assume I'm jumping to conclusions, but if you can't get a full refund, there is something seriously wrong with what's going on with this hobby man

YUP!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

People roll over this easily and accept a loss of that amount, even though the product is no where near completion? Seriously, if you get a full refund, I doubt PPS would have any trouble selling your spot.

I get that people are bummed this machine will be shipping a few months late. But when you make a deposit that's advertised as "non-refundable" as of X date (which is ultimately pushed back ~ 6 months), not sure how you're in a position to complain if the deposit turns out to be ... non-refundable. Of course if delays continue to mount, or the product departs significantly from what was promised, I'd get the argument for revisiting the non-refundable deposit policy. But a few months doesn't seem like a tremendous delay in the world of modern pinball manufacturing.

#24 9 years ago

That sounds good until you miss delivery dates that has moved from July to end of October best case. That's reason enough. Regardless Jints is trying to sell his spot.

#25 9 years ago

soo glad I bailed early on.

Quoted from Nibbles:

you are right about that!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Did anyone sign contract? Did anyone have the terms given to them in writing?

These are BOTH required in most states for the company to hold your money.

Wise up people! You can't believe everything a company (which NEEDS your cash influx) says.

For those that think not asking for a refund is a matter of principle, you are being hypocritical and have a double standard. If the company can't hold up on their end of the bargain then you are morally (and legally) absolved from your end of the agreement.

#27 9 years ago

Refunds are available. From every distributor. No exceptions. No reason to lose $500 here.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Last I heard was sometime mid to late October.

I believe that has also been moved?

#29 9 years ago

Who is your distributor? I would like to avoid them for all future purchases.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I believe that has also been moved?

Recently here on pinside Rick said production starts in October.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree, just demand your deposit be refunded. You are protected under consumer protection laws and product has not been delivered as promised. In conjunction, the manufacturer is not abiding by all aspects of the consumer protection law so they do not have a leg to stand on.
There is ZERO reason for you to take a loss on a pre-order that has not been delivered.

Couldn't agree more.

It's beyond ridiculous that the OP would have difficulty getting his deposit back. No way that he should be taking a $500.00 hit on this. Get your money back!

Quoted from Erik:

I don't know much about the legal system but it seems that's where PPS thrives. I just feel that it doesn't seem right to take money for something for a prolonged period and later refuse refund to the people who supported you originally as the delays accumulate.

Exactly.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Recently here on pinside Rick said production starts in October.

Yep, he said it just a couple days ago.

Of course he added "+/-" to his October quote. I interpreted that as meaning the same thing as "ish".

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

soo glad I bailed early on!

Exactly! I got a bad feeling last November when dealing with PPS.

#33 9 years ago

Bad feeling? It's happening . Stern is building it. The rest of this stuff is Pinside crap as usual.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Bad feeling? It's happening . Stern is building it. The rest of this stuff is Pinside crap as usual.

goddam pinside crap!.jpggoddam pinside crap!.jpg

not able to get your money back is crap.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

not able to get your money back is crap.

goddam pinside crap!.jpg 8 KB

Agreed. At least with JJP if someone wanted out they got a full refund so the only hard feelings were with the wait. Getting ripped off by PPS and losing your deposit is a completely different issue.....ish

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Refunds are available. From every distributor. No exceptions. No reason to lose $500 here.

Not true. Where do you get this assumption from?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Not true. Where do you get this assumption from?

Um... The law.

consumer protection laws are exactly for this sort of situation.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Um... The law.
consumer protection laws are exactly for this sort of situation.

I could be wrong, but I interpreted Baiter's post as him interpreting Rommy's post (stay with me here lol) as saying that all distributors are freely/voluntarily giving refunds. Which, as you know, doesn't appear to be the case.

#39 9 years ago

Bump for a good guy!

#40 9 years ago

Bump again!

#41 9 years ago

Have you contacted your distributor to request a full refund?

#42 9 years ago

Yep. Have been told the deposits are locked in and I'd have to sell my spot on my own, unless the distributor finds someone. I was told that PPS has locked the distributor in and they'd end up with a machine they might not be able to sell. Note to self "Never pre-order again"

#43 9 years ago

What about the waiting list? The dozens and dozens of people on the MMR waiting list don't want to save $500? Very weird that waiting list… very weird...

#44 9 years ago

Sounds like the waiting list is for those that would like their money back.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

What about the waiting list? The dozens and dozens of people on the MMR waiting list don't want to save $500? Very weird that waiting list… very weird...

There is no waiting list. I get the impression everyone in line for MMr is getting MMrLE.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Yep. Have been told the deposits are locked in and I'd have to sell my spot on my own, unless the distributor finds someone. I was told that PPS has locked the distributor in and they'd end up with a machine they might not be able to sell. Note to self "Never pre-order again"

First, whom is your distributor?
Second, I would contact PPS directly. They claim to have a long list of people waiting to buy.

Third and the most important, I would contact your lawyer. There are laws that protect against this very thing under consumer protection and they deal specifically with things like missed promises (i.e. contractual deadlines) for timing of delivery and change in product (i.e. missing coin mech to name 1 thing) along with the need to have explicitly written rules regarding refund policy which as of last week when I checked PPS does not have listed anywhere.

You have EVERY right to request a full refund and I would suggest you start documenting all actions, the timeline of your original order, and what you were originally promised.

It may seem like a bit of effort but I know for what I make per hour it would be worth it. I also think there is a decent chance you will have a few other people in the same boat as deadlines continue to be missed so there is the possibility for other to join in with the fight for consumer protection.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

First, whom is your distributor?
Second, I would contact PPS directly. They claim to have a long list of people waiting to buy.
Third and the most important, I would contact your lawyer. There are laws that protect against this very thing under consumer protection and they deal specifically with things like missed promises (i.e. contractual deadlines) for timing of delivery and change in product (i.e. missing coin mech to name 1 thing) along with the need to have explicitly written rules regarding refund policy which as of last week when I checked PPS does not have listed anywhere.
You have EVERY right to request a full refund and I would suggest you start documenting all actions, the timeline of your original order, and what you were originally promised.
It may seem like a bit of effort but I know for what I make per hour it would be worth it. I also think there is a decent chance you will have a few other people in the same boat as deadlines continue to be missed so there is the possibility for other to join in with the fight for consumer protection.

Twisted Pins is the distributor and I haven't reached out to PPS yet. Was hoping this would be resolved by now, or a pinsider would benefit by getting $500 off. This machine would have been in my basement and I'd being playing the heck out of it it hit production and was delivered in July. Things change though, just like on their end!! Thanks!!

#48 9 years ago

$500 to a pinsider versus $500 to a lawyer
Easy choice to me

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I get the impression everyone in line for MMr is getting MMrLE.

Where are they now?

#50 9 years ago

hold on, this is for the regular MMr, not the LE? who even orders a regular?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.95
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-spot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.