90d4m2ld3vj4w2tmxice8jymi.499x244x17.gif
image.jpg
RedChop-Shirt-1_large.jpeg
jump-off-cliff-590x260.jpg
AFM slingshot.jpg
mmslingshot.jpg
20150603_131506.jpg
20150603_131347.jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha so mad. sorry bout your flipping business, dont take it out on us.

Nothing wrong with the flipping business…

90d4m2ld3vj4w2tmxice8jymi.499x244x17.gif90d4m2ld3vj4w2tmxice8jymi.499x244x17.gif

#202 8 years ago
#203 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rarehero keeps thumbing me down.

Here's one for Rear-end Hero...13383738.jpg13383738.jpg

#204 8 years ago

Got to give Teekee credit, his pictures are pretty funny.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Got to give Teekee credit, his pictures are pretty funny.

I doubt Hero and Punk find them funny. They have a direct line to the mods and are probably on the horn right now… teekee picking on me!

#206 8 years ago
#207 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't understand why they are so for defective games.

not for defective games. merely against your and teekees endless trolling of MMR threads

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I doubt Hero and Punk find them funny. They have a direct line to the mods and are probably on the horn right now… teekee picking on me!

haha you are so persectuted, waaah cry me a river.

#209 8 years ago
#210 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not for defective games. merely against your and teekees endless trolling of MMR threads

Bingo. O-Din, you're just being super annoying and trolly about it. We get it. There's been a fuck up. Let's see what the official solution is, and then we can bitch or praise. The problem has been found...going off endlessly about it accomplishes nothing. We don't need you to have outrage for the rest of us.

For the record, I noticed some minor indentation on the wood, nothing major...not into the artwork or cracking clear. I took pre-emptive action by filling & redrilling the holes 1/8 inch over. Problem solved.

#211 8 years ago
#212 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're responses to anybody that has any suggestions of how to resolve a problem are annoying as fuck. It has already been stated that super glue and a repair kit are what is being offered to fix this.
Instead of insulting me and others that are pointing out a complete lack of support in this issue, how would you recommend those with real damage to their playfield go about getting theirs fixed?

They should demand a replacement. They probably are and are waiting on a resolution.

I've had issues with Stern playfields and they've sent me replacements. I would hope CGC will do the same.

Suggestions are great....doesn't really seem to be what you're doing though.

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Nothing wrong with the flipping business…
90d4m2ld3vj4w2tmxice8jymi.499x244x17.gif

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks

#214 8 years ago
#215 8 years ago

This thread has turned into this

cat_fight.jpgcat_fight.jpg
#216 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I've had issues with Stern playfields and they've sent me replacements. I would hope CGC will do the same.

Did Stern ever send you a populated playfield, or just blanks? If they do send them populated it would be incredibly easy to swap on this platform, there don't look to be too many connectors from what I saw at Expo.

#217 8 years ago
#218 8 years ago

Looks like I also have this issue on mine. Didn't get much play yet so I am hoping damage is minimal. I didn't take a close look yet, need to get glass off.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Did Stern ever send you a populated playfield, or just blanks? If they do send them populated it would be incredibly easy to swap on this platform, there don't look to be too many connectors from what I saw at Expo.

Blanks....but I know a few dudes who got AC/DC populated pfs.

#220 8 years ago
#221 8 years ago

Remember we have the Wolverine, MET snake fangs and 007 satellite dish to name a few problem we have with various pinball machines. I know there are numerous others. If there is something I can do, I will do it. Even if I can do something that will prevent further damage for existing owners it's probably worth it. I definitely want an elegant solution for my game.

#222 8 years ago

i don't know anything about how manufacturers / operators handled things in the 90s. would Williams have sent out fully populated replacement playfields to operators who complained about a grain of rice sized clearcoat chip like this? or would they have just been like "move the mech and apply some superglue"?

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i don't know anything about how manufacturers / operators handled things in the 90s. would Williams have sent out fully populated replacement playfields to operators who complained about a grain of rice sized clearcoat chip like this? or would they have just been like "move the mech and apply some superglue"?

IMHO - Irrelevant. PPS is selling LEs to the home user/collector. What was done in the past for "profit" entities really doesn't matter.

#224 8 years ago
#225 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Exactly. And any customer of theirs should hope the would and should not give any reason not to.

why would a customer even want to go to the trouble of swapping out a playfield for such a minor defect? to me at least it seems pretty absurd. we will all do worse damage than this merely by putting a few hundred plays on it, and most of the people with this damage didn't even know it was there until they specifically went looking for it. as long as moving the sling and patching the area permanently stops any further damage (big caveat i realize - i'm no expert, but i am assuming Lloyd's solution works), i see no reason to replace an entire playfield over damage that nobody will notice.

the fact that the slings were put in the wrong place sucks. but i think most of us are capable of some perspective -- this isn't anywhere near as bad as the defective clearcoat issue on early WOZs, for example, which was completely unfixable and got worse and worse over time, and even then i think i read that JJP sent out unpopulated playfields, not fully populated ones.

just trying to be realistic here.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Well to be fair this machine is considerably more expensive than the WMS machines... even with inflation figured in. Rather than going on route to get their ass kicked they are mainly going in people's living rooms.

And it's TWO rice-sized chips in the clearcoat!

And after nervously checking all my machines after this thread (not one had this problem though) I know they are in a pretty visible position.

Who knows what they'll decide on? Maybe Lloyd's statement about the superglue is indeed their final position.

I know when I got one new for $3600 it seemed like a lot of money for a frivolous purchase. And to this day it still doesn't have any marks or chips on the PF. I think if I had to live with two very visible chips on the PF since day one I'd be pretty bummed.

#227 8 years ago
#228 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

before you know it your warranty means absolutely nothing.

Looks like it already means just that......pinball machines don't really compare to other things...lots of people compare to cars...when my wife bought her Cobalt...I go pick it up and I see a small dent and a yellow dab of paint on the dash (yellow car)...The guy tries making like it's no big deal...I tell him there is NO WAY I'm taking a "brand new" car that's NOT "brand new"...got the call two days later and picked it up "brand new"....again a car analogy....as in this case it's affecting A LOT of customers...so a recall should be put in place...those it bothers can get theirs "fixed"...those it don't bother can leave it be...some will fix themselves...at the end of the day I guess this is what happens when we take a commercial item and put it into the home...good luck to all affected....hope it gets made right for you's.............Joey

#229 8 years ago

For 8 grand, you think they could put the f'n thing together right. Really, 8 grand! Over twice what this same game cost 18 years ago, and almost the cost of two Stern Pros.

So what happens when some bozo spills superglue all over the castle inserts while trying to fix this? Do they get a new playfield then?

Remember back when sample runs were done? Might be time to revisit that idea....

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For 8 grand, you think they could put the f'n thing together right. Really, 8 grand! Over twice what this same game cost 18 years ago

$8000 today equals about $5000 in 1996.

#231 8 years ago

5000 is still quite a bit more than 3650 I hope they send good drill bits in that kit!

#232 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Over twice what this same game cost 18 years ago

Close...

In 1997-1998, NIB games were roughly $3200-$3400.
Today, $3300 in 1998 is worth ~$4800.

-mof

#233 8 years ago
#235 8 years ago

Who cares what MM cost in 1843. Before they were remade, it was $20k to get one as nice as the remakes. We know it costs a lot more to make a low-run hard to manufacture niche product like a pinball machine these days. It is what it is.

#236 8 years ago

Might not even directly be CGs fault.

What if all the mis-drilled playfield blanks came from Wayne-O?

#237 8 years ago
#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Before they were remade, it was $20k to get one as nice as the remakes.

Let's not get carried away.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wasn't it said CG was making the playfields?

What if CG only did the screening and those blanks were all the leftovers from Aussie?

#240 8 years ago
#241 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Let's not get carried away.

He's not too far from the truth.

That NIB MM on ebay did sell for $28K....

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's not too far from the truth.

I'd say he's a bit further away from it than you imply.

#243 8 years ago
#244 8 years ago

I can tell you if everyone that has a damaged play field bc of this wants a new populated one you sld just kiss any possibility of another remake goodbye . That will cost alot of money to do, of course on the other hand it may cost them customers for any other remakes that may happen. Definitely a tough call for both parties and another reason I will only buy on the used market and definitely wont pre order. I would hate to be in this situation. Gl everyone

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I sold my perfect, no decal MM for $18K a few months before the PPS announcement, so like I said, he's not too far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-new-mm-comes/page/3#post-1138597

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A friend of mine sold his super nice restored one for north of $20k. That is a fact. Not even sure it had all new parts...pretty sure it had new cab decals. Anyway, it looked brand new. My MMr is brand new. One was $20k+. One was $8k. I feel like I got the better deal, even with some hiccups like this sling thing. Sorry, I was in college when MM came out - I wasn't buying new pinball machines or much of anything, really. It's just kind of pointless to compare the 1998 pinball buying experience to the 2015 pinball buying experience.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I can tell you if everyone that has a damaged play field bc of this wants a new populated one you sld just kiss any possibility of another remake goodbye . That will cost alot of money to do, of course on the other hand it may cost them customers for any other remakes that may happen. Definitely a tough call for both parties and another reason I will only buy on the used market and definitely wont pre order. I would hate to be in this situation. Gl everyone

Replacing 200 playfields now won't financially ruin them or dissuade them from the 10 or whatever remakes they have planned. However, a bad reputation will dissuade customers from buying those future remakes....what to do, what to do...

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

it was $20k to get one as nice as the remakes.

How many nice, cleaned and shopped MMs have ever sold for more than 15K? I don't know where the myth of 20K MMs came from but it's nuts. Maybe a HEP or NIB sold for close to that, but most MMs equivalent to the remakes sold 10-15K.

#249 8 years ago
#250 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

How many nice, cleaned and shopped MMs have ever sold for more than 15K? I don't know where the myth of 20K MMs came from but it's nuts. Maybe a HEP or NIB sold for close to that, but most MMs equivalent to the remakes sold 10-15K.

"Cleaned and shopped" isn't the same as "brand new". I'm talking restored to the point of being close to brand new. Not a myth...that's what they were selling for before the PPS announcement.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-slingshot-damage-who-has-it/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.