mmr2.jpg
mmr1.jpg
image-210.jpg
image-917.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20150415_110418.jpg
IMG_20150415_103027.jpg
IMG_20150415_101458.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 9 years ago

Been more realistic with the details of the production schedule. There is no way Rick and CG didn't know that the games weren't going to ship between Expo-Christmas last year when production was "immenent" and yet didn't do anything from people getting their hopes up either here or on the PPS forum.

It is what it is, but the project management and expectations setting on this project leaves much to be desired. Especially since Mr. Personality is a self-proclaimed project management guru.

#49 9 years ago

I'm sure someone would have posted if they had.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

posters hell bent (for a variety of agendas) to try to ensure this is a bad experience for you.

What the hell are you talking about? There are people here that don't agree with Rick's communication style and some that aren't big fans of the concept of remakes, but I haven't seen anyone that wants MMR buyers to have a bad experience. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Pinside (and that says a lot!)

Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

CONGRATS! on your new game. Period. End of story.

Ditto.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

you should read more.

You should have read the post I responded to rather than quoting mine out of context.

It IS about people getting games and not raining on their parade - hence the "what the hell are you talking about?" part of my post.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

and you can save your thumbs downing for people that give a shit about that stuff. too funny what grown people spend their time doing.

As is evidenced by your continued attacks on me ...

Funny how you didn't call out those that thumbs upped your post.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

give me a f'ing break. At this point what are you adding to the positive experience?

And, to answer your question, even though it was already clear, I was defending the right of the MMR owners to enjoy the excitement and anticipation of receiving / opening / enjoying a new game.

It was the poster I responded to (and now, you) who aren't adding anything positive. You and a handful of others need to stop obsessing over anything I post in an MMR thread.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

It amazes me that people continue to defend PPS/CG when they are guilty of a big bait and switch.

Not sure I would call what PPS/CG did a bait and switch - it seems more like they were just winging it without anyone who had any experience with management of a complex project involved.

I have no doubt that JJP asked for the money after CG/PPS told them that production was immenent. Rick confirmed the money went to CG, so it's a bit unfair to put the blame on JJP for not fronting refund requests for the benefit of CG - it wasn't JJP that was off 7-8 months.

However, I agree with you about the continued defense of PPS/CG - way too many people gave them way too many passes.

#177 9 years ago

Shipping on Friday the 13th?

Let's hope everyone avoids ladders and black cats tomorrow ...

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It was said back at the beginning they are using Mirco's artwork. Corrected graphics and colors.

I missed this - corrected graphics and colors as in "correcting Micro's art to better match the original"?

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

- cabinet is painted black inside.
- playfield has double clear coat.

I believe these two are on the LE only (and the backbox is more finished).

Shorthand comparasion - MMR is mechanically the same as MM. Same game play, but with new electronics, minor artwork changes, color capable display and upgraded sound.

2 weeks later
#295 9 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

I had a bad winding in my MMR LE Gold shaker motor which never ran from day one (Sat March 28th)and when I tested it Monday March 30th, the motor was getting proper voltage and was connected properly. It ran in the test mode only when I started by hand pushing the end weight. I did this twice and then on the third time hand starting it I ran it for about 1 minute and I started to smell smoke and the shaker stopped turning. Disconnected the shaker and reported it Tuesday and still waiting for reply from an issue ticket I turned in to Chicago gaming. So waited 2 full days now to see if they will send a new motor. Lloyd Olson was the only one who answered my questions. My issue ticket agent from Chicago Gaming on the trouble ticket said Doug Duba President. Since I am not hearing anything from Chicago Gaming or PPS I decided to spill my beans in hopes of getting a new motor which I thought they would respond to immediately and send one.
I wonder if the shipping delay has anything to do with my issue of my shaker motor burning up. You would think Chicago Gaming would want to get my burnt shaker back pronto to investigate to see if this could be a hazardous issue but no word. Strange on their part but playing a waiting game again.

Disappointing that you would have no response from CG in two days. You would expect that they would be hyper vilegent the first couple weeks and, even if they don't have an immediate solution, COMMUNICATE. I hope this is an aberration and that actually learned something from the coin mech fiasco (which was always more about communication - or lack of it) then dropping mechs from the game.

Given the amount of testing put in on the shaker motor, I hope your issues with it are just an unfortunate one-off.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

Lloyd responded immediately but PPS nor CGC never did, so just their nature and at least I can play the game which is playing great besides having no shaker.

Kudos to Lloyd, but I wouldn't let PPS and CG off the hook so easily with that's "just their nature". In my book, that's totally unacceptable from a customer service standpoint.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

But Jfh, Lloyd is their designated front line tech support service person, at this point what else could the other two do? They are taking care of the issue, what else do you want from them?

The way the original post was written, it seemed there was no response for days. That's unacceptable.
It was pretty clear on the PPS forum that the poster was upset.

1 week later
#346 9 years ago

at this point doesn't matter when you paid, only that you get what you paid for!

Nice to see games being shipped in greater numbers.

#347 9 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

In this thread the appropriate term is noone cares.

Paging o-din ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jfh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-shipping-howwhenwho?tu=jfh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.