mmr2.jpg
mmr1.jpg
image-210.jpg
image-917.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_20150415_110418.jpg
IMG_20150415_103027.jpg
IMG_20150415_101458.jpg

There are 439 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.
#51 9 years ago

Not trying to stir the pot but is today meant to be delivery day for the first few people? Has Lloyd had his yet?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

$%@#%^#$%#%#@$%#$TREWR#F$R#%R#%#%#@$&$%^#%^@$%#$%#%^#$^##$%^#^%#%#$%

#53 9 years ago

I received this email message from Automated Services today"

"We are receiving a limited amount of gold trim LEs from the manufacturer within the next two weeks..."

Patience is a virtue..... Thank you PPS, Stern and Automated Services. More medieval fun back in the house!!

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Patience is a virtue.....

...and it would appear that I am becoming more virtuous by the day!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

The question is which friday? This friday? Next friday? The first friday after the 4th of July? Friday the 13th? The friday after St Patricks Day but before the friday after Christmas? Freaky Friday?
Is there anything you guys won't believe?

Seems to be right about what Friday they'll ship

#56 9 years ago

I was given a date to expect mine. I would bet anything it will be at least 3 weeks late or more.

#57 9 years ago

California ports have been full of ships with parts due to strikes . Right now stern les have not come out of the factory either and that's not usual for stern.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What the hell are you talking about? There are people here that don't agree with Rick's communication style and some that aren't big fans of the concept of remakes, but I haven't seen anyone that wants MMR buyers to have a bad experience. That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Pinside (and that says a lot!)

you should read more.

Chiming in on every thread that has nothing to do with your issues creates a bad experience for people.

Why can't people getting the game, or just excited about it, post anything without a few people having to come in and make it about their problems with the game or the people making it? This happens with every new game and I frankly just don't get it.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

you should read more.

You should have read the post I responded to rather than quoting mine out of context.

It IS about people getting games and not raining on their parade - hence the "what the hell are you talking about?" part of my post.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You should have read the post I responded to rather than quoting mine out of context.
It IS about people getting games and not raining on their parade - hence the "what the hell are you talking about?" part of my post.

give me a f'ing break. At this point what are you adding to the positive experience?

#61 9 years ago

and you can save your thumbs downing for people that give a shit about that stuff. too funny what grown people spend their time doing.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

and you can save your thumbs downing for people that give a shit about that stuff. too funny what grown people spend their time doing.

As is evidenced by your continued attacks on me ...

Funny how you didn't call out those that thumbs upped your post.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

give me a f'ing break. At this point what are you adding to the positive experience?

And, to answer your question, even though it was already clear, I was defending the right of the MMR owners to enjoy the excitement and anticipation of receiving / opening / enjoying a new game.

It was the poster I responded to (and now, you) who aren't adding anything positive. You and a handful of others need to stop obsessing over anything I post in an MMR thread.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And, to answer your question, even though it was already clear, I was defending the right of the MMR owners to enjoy the excitement and anticipation of receiving / opening / enjoying a new game.
It was the poster I responded to (and now, you) who aren't adding anything positive. You and a handful of others need to stop obsessing over anything I post in an MMR thread.

are you the same JFH on the PPS forums?

#65 9 years ago

i provided the sample game that was tore down to its bare components so the new one could get remade. Im still waiting for it to come home, have heard no news about it in a month or more, no emails answered, no phone calls answered. starting to get worried

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

California ports have been full of ships with parts due to strikes . Right now stern les have not come out of the factory either and that's not usual for stern.

Yeah, Stern LEs usually don't take too long to come out,
they are doing the factory swap, so...

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

i provided the sample game that was tore down to its bare components so the new one could get remade. Im still waiting for it to come home, have heard no news about it in a month or more, no emails answered, no phone calls answered. starting to get worried

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Holy brown stuff... r u for real? They killed one MM to build MMR; but they haven't restored it to working order and sent it back?!

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Don't worry, I'm sure that Mr. Personality will be providing you with not only your original game back, but a brand new shiny MMr as a "thank you" for providing your MM to them for the remake.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Don't worry, I'm sure that Mr. Personality will be providing you with not only your original game back, but a brand new shiny MMr as a "thank you" for providing your MM to them for the remake.

They should!!!!!!

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

That is some BS if it is true. Getting it back to you should have been the first thing they did after getting what they needed.

#72 9 years ago

This isn't the first story I've heard of people loaning Rick things to help with reproduction and then not getting them back. I'd be very cautious giving him anything if you'd like to see it again.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

that is BEYOND messed up!

What the hell Rick? Where is this guys game?

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that is BEYOND messed up!
What the hell Rick? Where is this guys game?

In pieces at PPS...

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Surely you had some sort of agreement when lending your game. Can you share that?

#76 9 years ago

Ok i can relax and eat my words, I just got a call from Doug. Mine is coming home and on its way tomorrow. It's all together in a new cab, new art, new PF, new Ramps, new everything. My same harness and board set, same LEDS. He is also sending back my old empty cab and head and i am happy about that. Will post pics when it gets here. So I guess it's sort of a remake but running my original harness and boards? I don't know really what to call it but just glad it's coming home!!!'

#77 9 years ago

one of the better phone calls I've got in a while. Sounds like a few of you may be getting good news soon too

#78 9 years ago

excited!

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Ok i can relax and eat my words, I just got a call from Doug. Mine is coming home and on its way tomorrow. It's all together in a new cab, new art, new PF, new Ramps, new everything. My same harness and board set, same LEDS. He is also sending back my old empty cab and head and i am happy about that. Will post pics when it gets here. So I guess it's sort of a remake but running my original harness and boards? I don't know really what to call it but just glad it's coming home!!!'

and the torches were doused.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

What was your original agreement? Glad you are getting your game back, but I would not be happy with them bastardizing an original game with so many remake parts, assuming your original was in good condition to begin with.

Also seems odd after all that effort to reassemble with remake parts that they would not have given you back your original AND a remake for loaning out your game for so long???

#81 9 years ago

Thanks for lending your machine pin-pimp. Good to read that your game is headed back home and all spruced up.

#82 9 years ago

Shipping for the first ten probably wont happen for about a week from now.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#83 9 years ago

John, what's the delay?

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What was your original agreement? Glad you are getting your game back, but I would not be happy with them bastardizing an original game with so many remake parts, assuming your original was in good condition to begin with.
Also seems odd after all that effort to reassemble with remake parts that they would not have given you back your original AND a remake for loaning out your game for so long???

Why would you assume that what pin-pimp described (new playfield, new hardware and new cabinet installed) isn't the deal he agreed to with PPS when he loaned the game in the first place? If PPS did something different (worse) than agreed, I don't imagine pin-pimp would be posting happily about the result ...

Having said that, it's surprising that PPS/CGC wouldn't just have bought their own copy of the game to work off of. Using a loaner just seems like a hassle for relatively small savings in the context of an $8 million project.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

So you have a hybrid ...an originialr

#86 9 years ago

I'm happy. Yes that was the agreemant. My game in a new cab with new cleared PF. Replacing the ramps and toys as they saw fit is fine by me. I figured there was at least $3500 in work done and he told me it was closer to $5000 with the labor. I can believe that. He said they took extra time to make sure it was totaly done right and playing perfect. Original boards and harness In there so i guess it would be about the same as if I did a full blown restore myself. I shipped it to them in May last year so it would have been gone 10 months. Bottom line is no news or no contact makes people nervous, information at least shown progress and commitment. I would of been happy with a phone call that said it would be here in a month, but next week wil be even better.
I also can understand and appretiate the tremendous pressure and stress he must be under at this point.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I'm happy. Yes that was the agreemant. My game in a new cab with new cleared PF. Replacing the ramps and toys as they saw fit is fine by me. I figured there was at least $3500 in work done and he told me it was closer to $5000 with the labor. I can believe that. He said they took extra time to make sure it was totaly done right and playing perfect. Original boards and harness In there so i guess it would be about the same as if I did a full blown restore myself. I shipped it to them in May last year so it would have been gone 10 months. Bottom line is no news or no contact makes people nervous, information at least shown progress and commitment. I would of been happy with a phone call that said it would be here in a month, but next week wil be even better.
I also can understand and appretiate the tremendous pressure and stress he must be under at this point.

I would love a MM like that. It's got history and it's one of a kind.

#88 9 years ago

Well then there is the whole story of how I got the pin itself. I found it in a strip club in Alaska about 5 years ago. Tried forever to track down the owner and the trail went hot and cold so many times. I always had a bunch of cash on standby in case my deal could go down. Then finaly made a deal and got it 3 years ago. I remember the feeling I had as I drove to go pick it up, was like Christmas morning for a 10 year old boy. Paid $6000 for it, back then that was a fair price for a MM that needed shopped and smelled like hookers smoke and shame. I had it in Alaska at my place there that summer then shipped it to Idaho that fall. After i came back for the winter got it shopped and it became a excellent playing machine that everyone loved. I was about to do a full teardown myself and had a clear coated PF on standby for it when I got the offer from Rick, so I went for it. Really missed that one this last year.

#89 9 years ago

I too travel all over visiting strip clubs just to look for pinball machines ; )

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I would love a MM like that. It's got history and it's one of a kind.

Quoted from pin-pimp:

Well then there is the whole story of how I got the pin itself. I found it in a strip club in Alaska about 5 years ago. Tried forever to track down the owner and the trail went hot and cold so many times. I always had a bunch of cash on standby in case my deal could go down. Then finaly made a deal and got it 3 years ago. I remember the feeling I had as I drove to go pick it up, was like Christmas morning for a 10 year old boy. Paid $6000 for it, back then that was a fair price for a MM that needed shopped and smelled like hookers smoke and shame.

Speaking of history and one of a kind!

#91 9 years ago

Ha ha, second home up there for me. Been there for 15 years and split my time half and half between Alaska and Idaho. My monster bash also came from Alaska and I got 2 AFM from there. Plus about 15 others i shipped back over the years. But yes when I travel I'm always on the lookout for pins, ones guys junk could my treasure and has been before.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

John, what's the delay?

Apparently the packaging of the games is causing issues.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

John, what's the delay?

mmr project manager

mr-magoo-post-21.jpgmr-magoo-post-21.jpg
#94 9 years ago

Each of these first steps will be slow. But once rolling look out!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Apparently the packaging of the games is causing issues.

Thanks for the info, the delay is disappointing, but glad they seem to be so detail oriented.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

smelled like hookers

I'm afraid to ask what that smells like!

#97 9 years ago

The hookers and strippers I've met smell like bubble gum

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

The hookers and strippers I've met smell like bubble gum

More like anchovies.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm afraid to ask what that smells like!

you don't know????

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Paid $6000 for it, back then that was a fair price for a MM that needed shopped and smelled like hookers smoke and shame.

Quote of the day.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 439 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-shipping-howwhenwho/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.