(Topic ID: 202715)

MMR shaker way to strong and no drawbridge hit shake.

By hoby1

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by hoby1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Just picked up an MMR and added a shaker that I bought from cointaker. I pretty sure its a CG shaker as it does not have their name on it and has the warning label just like the LEs

So my question is.... how can I tone this shaker down . I have it on light and its still way too strong.

Can I add a motor control board like on the SAM systems or will it cause board damage.

Also noticed that the drawbridge hits register in game but no shake.... any ideas ?

Any info will help.

#2 6 years ago

Talked to Missy and it is a factory CG shaker. Any way to tune the motor speed

#3 6 years ago

Does this have the removable weight? Loosen it and turn it 180 degrees and re tighten. That should tone it down.
    -Mike

#4 6 years ago

I put in a ticket. It crazy strong. Not happy with it at all for 150 bucks

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

I put in a ticket. It crazy strong. Not happy with it at all for 150 bucks

Pretty sure you can change the shaker strength in the settings...maybe the previous owner had it turned up high?

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Pretty sure you can change the shaker strength in the settings...maybe the previous owner had it turned up high?

Bought it NIB and I have it turned to light

#7 6 years ago

You can change the strength of the shaker under the Settings. Hold down left most button for a few seconds and CGC menu pops up. You will find all sorts of settings. I like to increase catapult strength to +2 as I have had balls get stuck there without changing the strength during multiball. You can change the color of the DMD also among other things

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from slydog43:

You can change the strength of the shaker under the Settings. Hold down left most button for a few seconds and CGC menu pops up. You will find all sorts of settings. I like to increase catapult strength to +2 as I have had balls get stuck there without changing the strength during multiball. You can change the color of the DMD also among other things

Again ........ I know this and already have it set to LIGHT.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Again ........ I know this and already have it set to LIGHT.

Maybe it's normal and you just THINK it's too strong? What about it makes you feel that it's too strong?

#10 6 years ago

Like Grizlyrig said above, there should be some way to adjust the weights. The closer to 180 degrees apart they are the softer the shake. The closer the weights are to being in the same plane, the greater the shake

#11 6 years ago

As in the red tremors..... I think its a RPM issue they spin super fast and create rattle. On SAM you can put a PWM controller on to regulate and tune the shake and WOW does it make a huge difference, You cant do this with SPIKE as it will cause board problem so Im wondering if its possible with CG.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-shaker-way-to-strong and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.