MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm about to ask for mine, unless I hear something real quick! I'm through PPS though.

You are out on MMr?

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I was in on the preorder. I contacted my distributor about a month ago and asked for my deposit back. I was told no. I told them I would take it up with my credit card company for non-deilivery and the distributor sent me my deposit back last week.

This is why anyone who is going to do a deposit on a pre-order of a game that hasn't been made yet should ALWAYS use a credit card!

Quoted from o-din:

After quarter two came and went so did quarter three. But the machine wouldn't take any quarters even when complete.

Funniest post of the month!

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A bunch of new stuff got shown and these wishy-washy flakes are distracted by the shiny new thing.

At Expo 2013, MMr was ALL the talk. All the excitement surrounded MMr. People were preordering it left and right. "Holy crap, a new MM for only $8k, that kicks ass"!

Question: if MMr was announced for the first time at Expo 2014, how would it have been received? Given all the other options that were there, including TBL, Heighway, WOOLY, Hobbit etc?

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You missed it. He is attempting to victory lap on page one of this very thread.

You only get Victory Laps after defeating The Battle for the Kingdom!

#244 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

The cursing on stage was totally inline with the cursing used in the movie. Maybe you have not seen the movie yet?

No it wasn't.

Not even close. I don't buy for a second that he was acting out in some kind of role from the movie. Didn't even come close to appearing that way. What it came across as was unprofessional, and someone that was trying too hard to be cool.

Great product. Terrible presentation.

#246 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ft is being used for full throttle now as well.

We are going to be using FTH for Full Throttle, not FT.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

None of these guys are going to be doing corporate presentations anytime soon.
I have said it before, DM needs to finish the game, ship it and support it. With this being a pretty difficult task, I am just amazed at all of the people just laying down money for TBL.

Exactly.

They've done a great job in terms of putting together a prototype that kicks ass. That's what has so many people excited about the pin, not their presentation/sales pitch at Expo.

And as you mention, the most difficult part, BY FAR, is still ahead of them. The elephant in the room: actual production!

Production will make everything else that they have done to this point seem like a piece of cake.

The shit gets real when they actually have to build all these pins.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

And that's why I haven't ordered one yet. No need to either since there isn't a run number limit.

This is exactly why I have not, and will not, preorder this pin as well.

Can't wait until they are widely available and shipping. That's going to be quite some time though.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I still don't get why this is such a big deal to people. since when has ANY pinball from say JJP or Stern had a limited run number? ALL manufacturers as far as I know only limit the LE version of their games. why is this only a sticking point for PPS?

We were talking about TBL. Sorry for the off topic discussion, which understandably led to your confusion.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For the most part, I don't think the mass demand for refunds was caused by a disappointment in the game itself. Most people I've talked to seem to be happy with how MMr turned out. What happened is that the pinball climate changed tremendously since last Expo where everybody was tripping over each other to get it on the pre-order. Pinball prices have since declined, and there are also a bunch of impressive boutique titles that are now vying for people's hard earned cash. On top of that, people have money tied up in pricey Stern games like ST, Mustang and TWD.
Ironically, it was MMr that sparked the whole decline in prices. Once the price of original MM's started to go down, it set off a domino effect on the whole market. PPS also really hurt themselves by not having the game ready on time. If they had been able to adhere to the original timeline, they wouldn't be in this mess.

Correct. Gotta hit while the iron is hot.

If they were able to have stayed on schedule, they more than likely would have been in a situation where they were announcing the title of their next remake, instead of giving a presentation that left everybody cold since there was no "epic announcement".

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

blame it on the rain....

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I canceled no problem so apparently you can still cancel since PPS broke their deadline, essentially breaking the contract for the deposits.

Your situation was a little different though as you just had your deposit moved from MMr to another pin, correct?

1 week later
#442 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yup. The best choice for this and many similar reasons.

JJ's (Game Exchange) customer service is definitely top notch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.